Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... I was one of the early posters asking for understanding on why the cell phone seemed to be pinging all over town. Kelsi is doing a great job with her YouTube Q&A... she is so young. For anyone interested, its still going on and you can start it from the beginning. Go to YouTube and enter Kelsi German.

In the early days it was an honest question because there was legit confusion over it.

Kelsi German's live link:

I can't listen, I hope some posters here will convey what she says. TIA!

These were the rumors she debunked:
- LGs phone pinged on 2 towers because the towers are small and close together

- Amanda ? is not related to a person with the initials JD

- No one refused a lie detector and they have provided DNA

- MP doesn’t have a biological child that he hasn’t raised. Not sure if he has one that he did raise or if this was in reference to an illegitimate child rumor.

-
DG doesn’t talk about the crime because he’s concerned people will twist his words

- LG didn’t call DG at 2:30 to pick them up. She called him before they left otherwise KG said she wouldn’t have taken them

- CP’s questionable FB post was actually a song.

- He wasn’t near Delphi at the time and they know who he was with. CP texts her later in the broadcast and says he was at work. She thought he was Michael.

- The family isn’t taking the donation money and using it for themselves. KG says in the beginning they didn’t want money and told people to keep it because they don’t want or need it. They said to give it to the reward fund. Now they are asking for money for the ball park which helps the family grieve.

- KG wrote a paper as a freshman about the experiences of a friend.

- KG and LG were not pregnant and KG isn’t married. LG only had one boyfriend ever and they just went to the park and sat on the swings. KG took them

- Renner video was the first video she did alone and she misspoke. She said there were not 10-20 kids there when she dropped them off. They were there throughout the day. She said she saw nobody at the park.

- BP told Renner that she called KG at work and she didn’t answer. KG says she went back to work after helping search and she got called to the police station. She thinks that is what BP is talking about.

I stopped watching because after this she started talking about her dog. She may have said more, but prior to the dog convo she seemed to be wrapping up the rumor discussion.

Edit: The title is Debunking the Renner Video. Kind of misleading since the majority of what she talked about wasn’t in the Renner videos. Any incorrect info in Renner’s videos was provided by the family and not misconstrued by Renner himself. Just saying....

Kelsi German's live link:

I can't listen, I hope some posters here will convey what she says. TIA!

Thank you for posting this!

Rumors debunked/clarifications in point form (I tried to get everything verbatim but consider these the key points in a summary form) I have bolded the rumors she wanted to debunk....sorry it gets really long:
  • Libby asked Kesli to take them while she was getting ready to go to a friends house (after saying no a few times during the week)
  • Kelsi pulled away from dropping off the girls at 1:35 PM. She called her boyfriend to say that she was on her way (she knows the time because she had taken alot longer than she had expected)
  • Becky had called Kelsi while Kelsi was getting ready for work that night and she didn't answer the first time. (She usually answers because Becky 'freaks out' when she doesn't answer) The first time she didn't answer and then Becky called Kelsi a second time (she knew something was up because she was calling multiple times) She called her back (after the second call) and Becky told her Libby was missing. She asked if she had heard from her and Kelsi hadn't.
  • Kelsi called work and said her sister was missing and then went to the bridge at around 4:30 PM to help search for the girls.
  • Derrick and some of the family was already there when Kelsi arrived
  • They called the police at 5:30 PM (that's when they reported them missing)
  • They all went to the Police Station after that and they all told them everything they knew
  • They ended up calling off the search that night because it is hazardous there and the trails/hills are really steep and were trying to make sure that everyone was as safe as possible
  • Family and friends continued searching because they knew something was wrong (Libby wasn't answering her phone)
  • The group across the creek ended up finding them the next afternoon about a half mile away
  • Libby's phone pinged on two towers because the town is so small (you can move from one side of the house to the other and phones can switch towers) Her phone did not move it was in one place. It is because of how close together the towers are that it pinged on two towers.
  • Kelsi's Aunt Amanda Duvall (who means alot to her) was married to a Duvall who is NOT JD and there is no relation (there are two Amanda Duvall's)
  • No one refused a lie detector test (family has provided DNA and has done lie detectors) and nobody has refused to give anything to LE
  • The family really likes LE believes they are very honest and forthcoming and encouraging and Kelsi is very proud of their work and she knows they are going to get an arrest
  • Kelsi's Grandfather is the strongest man she has ever met (and her Grandma is the strongest woman) and if he had a biological child he would own it. Family is so important to him. He would never give up a biological child ever. There is no way he could ever hurt anyone
  • Libby loves her dad and thinks he is amazing. Libby's dad doesn't talk because he knows that people will play a game of 'telephone' with him. They will change/twist his words and so he doesn't speak because of this. He doesn't like alot of attention. He couldn't hurt a fly. He is scared of spiders and is not that tough even though if he looks it
  • Libby never called Derrick at 2:30 PM to ask him to pick them up and phone records prove this. She only called him before they left to make sure he could pick them up. Kesli wouldn't have taken Libby if he wasn't coming to pick them up
  • Family is not taking the money and using it themselves. They told people to give the money to the reward fund. Now they are working to raise money for the Ball Park
  • Kelsi wrote a report her freshman year about her friend (it is overexaggerated) and she did really well on the project. The report has nothing to do with her own personal story
  • Kelsi is not pregnant and not married and has no intentions of having babies for 2o years
  • Kelsi's Uncle Cody's social media post was about a song and the song was inappropriate and it had nothing to do with anything other than it was just a song
  • Uncle Cody's whereabouts have been verified that day (he was at work that day)
  • Libby was not pregnant and was not interested in sex (it scared her) and she had a negative two pain tolerance.
  • Renner's video was her first interview and she was nervous. In the interview it sounded like she said there was 10-20 kids when she dropped them off. She did not see anyone when she dropped off the girls but throughout the day there were 10 to 2o people there that she knows of
  • Grandma had said in Renner's video that she called Kelsi at work and she didn't answer. Kelsi did go back to work that day for around 10-20 minutes (thought that nothing was wrong and that the girls would be found) and then she was called to go back to the police station to answer more questions (to clarify, Grandma called her that day twice before Kelsi knew the girls were missing) then called her again later when she went back to work for a very short while. Kelsi returned to the police station almost right after going back to work.
I hope this helps summarize for those who cannot watch or listen to the video.

Edited for clarity in some places

Last edited:
@Cutiekitty thank you so much for the recap! I've never even heard most of these crazy rumors (I'm so thankful that WS stays facts-based as much as possible). I feel so bad for the family members of the Abby and Libby having to read such craziness on social media. KG is so brave to tackle the rumors head on. I hope the trolls on the comments sections leave her alone.

MOO.

"On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person."

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

Thanks, I don't recall that level of assertion from the police. But nonetheless even if two people the sketches look similar. I guess Hoosiers in their state heartland look a lot alike.

Thank you for posting this!

Rumors debunked/clarifications in point form (I tried to get everything verbatim but consider these the key points in a summary form) I have bolded the rumors she wanted to debunk....sorry it gets really long:
  • Libby asked Kesli to take them while she was getting ready to go to a friends house (after saying no a few times during the week)
  • Kelsi pulled away from dropping off the girls at 1:35 PM. She called her boyfriend that she was on her way (she knows the time because she had taken alot longer than she had expected)
  • Becky had called Kelsi while Kesli was getting ready for work that night and didn't listen the first time. (She usually answers because Becky 'freaks out' when she doesn't answer) The one time she didn't answer and then Becky called Kelsi a second time (she knew something was up because she was calling multiple times) She called her back and Becky told her Libby was missing. She asked if she had heard from her and Kelsi hadn't.
  • Kelsi called work and said her sister was missing and then went to the bridge at around 4:30 PM to help search for the girls.
  • Derrick and some of the family was already there when Kelsi arrived
  • They called the police at 5:30 PM (that's when they reported them missing)
  • They all went to the Police Station after that and they all told them everything they knew
  • They ended up calling off the search that night because it is hazardous there and the trails/hills are really steep and were trying to make sure that everyone was as safe as possible
  • Family and friends continued searching because they knew something was wrong (Libby wasn't answering her phone)
  • The group across the creek ended up finding them the next afternoon about a half mile away
  • Libby's phone pinged on two towers because the town is so small (you can move from one side of the house to the other and phones can switch towers) Her phone did not move it was in one place. It is because of how close together the towers are that it pinged on two towers.
  • Kelsi's Aunt Amanda Duvall (who means alot to her) was married to a Duvall who is NOT JD and there is no relation (there are two Amanda Duvall's)
  • No one refused a lie detector test (family has provided DNA and done lie detectors) and nobody has refused to give anything to LE
  • The family really likes LE believes they are very honest and forthcoming, encouraging and Kelsi is very proud of their work and she knows they are going to get an arrest
  • Kelsi's Grandfather is the strongest man she has ever met (and her Grandma is the strongest woman) and if he had a biological child he would own it. Family is so important to him. He would never give up a biological child ever. There is no way he could ever hurt anyone
  • Libby loves her dad and thinks he is amazing. Libby's dad doesn't talk because he knows that people will play a game of 'telephone' with him. They will change/twist his words and so he doesn't speak because of this. He doesn't like alot of attention. He couldn't hurt a fly. He is scared of spiders and is not that tough even though if he looks like it
  • Libby never called Derrick at 2:30 PM to ask him to pick them up and phone records prove this. She only called him before they left to make sure he could pick them up. Kesli wouldn't have taken Libby if he wasn't coming to pick them up
  • Family is not taking the money and using it themselves. They told people to give the money to the reward fund. Now they are working to raise money for the Ball Park
  • Kelsi wrote a report her freshman year about her friend (it is overexaggerated) and she did really well on the project. The report has nothing to do with her own personal story
  • Kelsi is not pregnant and not married and has no intentions of having babies for 2o years
  • Kelsi's Uncle Cody post was about a song and the song was inappropriate and it had nothing to do with anything it was just a song
  • Uncle Cody's whereabouts have been verified that day (he was at work that day)
  • Libby was not pregnant and was not interested in sex (it scared her) and she had a negative two pain tolerance.
  • Renner's video was her first interview and she was nervous. It sounds like she said there was 10-20 kids when she dropped them off. She did not see anyone when she dropped off the girls but throughout the day there were 10 to 2o people there that she knows of
  • Grandma said in Renner's video that she called Kelsi at work and she didn't answer. She did go back to work that day for around 10-20 minutes (thought that nothing was wrong and that the girls would be found) and then she was called to go back to the police station to answer more questions (to clarify, Grandma called her that day twice before Kelsi knew the girls were missing) then called her again later when she went back to work for a very short while. Kelsi returned to the police station almost right after going back to work.
I hope this helps summarize for those who cannot watch or listen to the video.

Look at you, superstar! Thanks for the awesome summation.

I know... I was one of the early posters asking for understanding on why the cell phone seemed to be pinging all over town. Kelsi is doing a great job with her YouTube Q&A... she is so young. For anyone interested, it’s still going on and you can start it from the beginning. Go to YouTube and search Kelsi German.

I understand cell tower info, but based on what was said it wasn’t exactly clear. I also just started following this case after the April PC.

I like hearing the family speak, but personally, I don’t think the YouTube thing is a good idea. Using SM to get the word out is one thing. Addressing rumors is all together different and is just going to further fuel the gossip fire. Cleared some things up, but its definitely going to generate chatter in FB world which is the opposite of what she was going for.

Last edited:
In looking at the last press conference, it was said that the murderer of Libby and Abby looks significantly different today than he did the day of the murders. He mentioned The Shack which is a religious movie. Could there be a local religious leader (youth group leader, pastor, priest) who has significantly changed his hair, facial hair, body weight and clothing style since day of murders? Any locals would know that info for sure.

Maybe this church leader was given an alibi by someone from the church or family member who did it just so he would not be harassed or because they did not think he would do such a thing. OR, maybe a wife who was protecting him because she fears him?

I like the wife who fears him. Anyone that fears him for that matter. Perhaps he knows that no one else would know so it just had to be...

If it were me, I’d go prancing into the police station just prior to a scheduled 2 week vacation with the girls and tell them you’re not coming back until he’s locked up without bail. Who would protect a child killer? MOO

I’m just throwing it out there but a sketch of Shaggy turned to clean shaven church boy had “we know you changed your look” written all over it. For that matter, there’s more than likely only one person fitting that description that was in Delphi that day, maybe even today. There’s also dozens of others that noticed that change.

My daughter goes to IU in Bloomington, IN. I pass the exit for Delphi when I visit. I’d love to park it at the local diner for the day and see what the rumor mill has brewing. Something tells me this guy has been known to this town for some time now but like a prior poster had mentioned - has an alibi that isn’t giving in.

School starts back up in August. It’s worth a stop in Delphi.

MOO

I understand cell tower info, but based on what was said it wasn’t exactly clear. I also just started following this case after the April PC.

I like hearing the family speak, but personally, I don’t think the YouTube thing is a good idea. Using SM to get the word out is one thing. Addressing rumors is all together different and is just going to further fuel the gossip fire. Cleared some things up, but its definitely going to generate chatter in FB world which is the opposite of what she was going for.

Honestly I can't judge A victim like KG about wanting to squash rumors in whatever way she feels empowered to do so.

I can't imagine the hurt, pain and utter anguish that all the rumors have caused her family

I'll never criticize a victim and their families in a situation like this, as I can't begin to imagine walking even a single day in their shoes

You do you KG

JMO

Honestly I can't judge A victim like KG about wanting to squash rumors in whatever way she feels empowered to do so.

I can't imagine the hurt, pain and utter anguish that all the rumors have caused her family

I'll never criticize a victim and their families in a situation like this, as I can't begin to imagine walking even a single day in their shoes

You do you KG

JMO

I'm not going to judge her either. It's hard enough to keep my own mouth shut and I didn't personally know the girls. Not to mention the number of issues that innocent victims have had at the hands of some of these rumors.

I’m just throwing it out there but a sketch of Shaggy turned to clean shaven church boy had “we know you changed your look” written all over it. For that matter, there’s more than likely only one person fitting that description that was in Delphi that day, maybe even today. There’s also dozens of others that noticed that change.

My daughter goes to IU in Bloomington, IN. I pass the exit for Delphi when I visit. I’d love to park it at the local diner for the day and see what the rumor mill has brewing. Something tells me this guy has been known to this town for some time now but like a prior poster had mentioned - has an alibi that isn’t giving in.

School starts back up in August. It’s worth a stop in Delphi.

MOO

The local rumor mill is quieter than you think. People have their own theories, just like posters do on here, but there's no general consensus. Same names come up, same theories as here and on social media.

In this interview Indiana State Police Superintendent Carter clears up his opinion on the two sketches. About the 4:10 mark, he talks about when the perp is caught, he will be somewhere between the two sketches.

What I got out of this was “this was somebody’s brother, dad, friend, neighbor” but he did not say Son. That seems telling to me IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510