Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a man myself, and I don't mean to praise the evil killer in any way, but I think he was very brave to take on TWO girls. People I mention the case to say the same. Why not let them go and wait for just one as one's much easier to overpower? What if one had been selfish and left her friend and got away and could identify him? He must have been armed with a gun or knife to feel that confident. Doubt I'd take on two teenage girls as these weren't little helpless kids, but teens who surely will fight back, but then am not a monster or a rapist or killer. Anything could have gone wrong from his point of view. In fact it did as she got audio and a pic of whom we assume is the killer.

I have seen that someone hyped up on Meth or cocaine is very powerful and agile, in addition to being irritable and angry.

The new sketch - makes the killer look like a cheerful milk-fed athlete. All-American as apple pie. Centerfield in the minor leagues.
And perhaps by all outward appearances, he is.
Yes. But, with some character flaws which folks probably fail to recognize as character flaws because he makes himself out to be "the life of the party."

They have said they have some DNA, the links have been posted. They do not elaborate what form that DNA takes however. So it isn't possible to give an answer on this ATM unless others have anything more specific to this case, to offer IMO.

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Feb 23, 2017

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.- On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered. [bbm]

That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It’s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer. But just how important could is this DNA evidence be?

It is now the third piece of evidence investigators have said publicly they have: the grainy suspect photo, that chilling audio of a man’s voice saying “down the hill,” and now some kind of DNA sample.

“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby. "So I can’t go into specifics because of the ongoing [investigation].”

Police haven’t said specifically what kind of evidence they recovered, but DNA forensics expert Dr. Gay Bush says that evidence could be anything.

“It can be items found at the crime scene such as a cigarette butt, or a bottle, or a cup or a straw,” said Dr. Bush. “Or it can be bodily fluids if there’s some kind of assault.”

Last edited:
BBM - the Sheriff made that statement in one of the Renner interviews.

I agree with @MistyWaters and I don’t think the audio is a continuation of the video. Personally, I think the video was made with SC. They were using it shortly before BG’s appearance and that makes sense to me. SC videos are also not the best quality. I’m not 100% sure that she was even intentionally trying to capture BG at that point.

I think the audio was intentionally made using the video function on the phone - You can record some pretty long videos. If the phone battery dies, you run out of storage OR if you receive a phone call the video/audio automatically stops. He could’ve smashed the phone too of course.

Just my opinion and it’s not the popular one so take it for what it’s worth.

Edit: I should say I agree with what I think @MistyWaters was saying.
Ha, in RE to your edit, I also had to figure out how to word that. :) Hope MistyWaters doesn't mind!

And I think what you say makes sense. How easy is it to turn the phone's video function on? Could she do it without being noticed?

Ha, in RE to your edit, I also had to figure out how to word that. :) Hope MistyWaters doesn't mind!

And I think what you say makes sense. How easy is it to turn the phone's video function on? Could she do it without being noticed?

I hope she doesn’t get mad too!

To record a video you just click the camera icon, slide to video and hit the red button. That’s how I do it on my iPhone. Can easily be done with one hand and takes maybe one second. I can do it without being noticed so I’d think she would’ve been able to too.

WOW you got a lot out of that tiny little clip and soundbite, I'm not sure a professional could even make such conclusions

interesting

It took me several tries before I even made out "down the hill" the first time.

His voice sounds completely normal and even friendly to me. I don't get "flat and unaffected."

I hope she doesn’t get mad too!

To record a video you just click the camera icon, slide to video and hit the red button. That’s how I do it on my iPhone. Can easily be done with one hand and takes maybe one second. I can do it without being noticed so I’d think she would’ve been able to too.

I agree its quick and easy to engage the video function on a iphone, but I'm not so sure that Libby would be able to do so covertly if BG was in conversational distance. Especially if there was a gun to her (or Abby's) head. When people are faced with a stressor they typically respond with fight, flight, or freeze. Its just my opinion but I do think that he audio is an extension of the video. I think Libby started the recording when BG was less than 100 ft away. It has been theorized she held her phone down low by her leg so it was not obvious. As BG closed in on them I think she tucked her phone, still recording, into her clothing. The video kept recording, but only captured audio, no more images.

I agree its quick and easy to engage the video function on a iphone, but I'm not so sure that Libby would be able to do so covertly if BG was in conversational distance. Especially if there was a gun to her (or Abby's) head. When people are faced with a stressor they typically respond with fight, flight, or freeze. Its just my opinion but I do think that he audio is an extension of the video. I think Libby started the recording when BG was less than 100 ft away. It has been theorized she held her phone down low by her leg so it was not obvious. As BG closed in on them I think she tucked her phone, still recording, into her clothing. The video kept recording, but only captured audio, no more images.

Since she'd been taking pictures of Abby on the bridge, she may have already had the app open when she started recording him.

Last edited:
I've played around with those lyrics for a long time and I've yet to find a song that matches them.

I actually like Eminem (he can be vulgar, but the songs are catchy) - I’ve never heard them. I don’t have the songs memorized though.

Edit: Yes, some of my taste in music is questionable. I own it.

Last edited:
If anyone copied the lyrics I would like to read them.

The reference is to a FB post. The post did not state that they were referencing song lyrics-it looked like an ordinary posting. However, when people started questioning it with suspicion, BP stated that it wasn't a post, that he was just quoting song lyrics. The post wouldn't be allowed here, but it's a slippery slope since Kelsi referenced it in the video the other day.

The reference is to a FB post. The post did not state that they were referencing song lyrics-it looked like an ordinary posting. However, when people started questioning it with suspicion, BP stated that it wasn't a post, that he was just quoting song lyrics. The post wouldn't be allowed here, but it's a slippery slope since Kelsi referenced it in the video the other day.
Okay, so we can’t discuss. It would have to be private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea