Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indiana authorities hope slain girl's audio recording will lead to her killer
"This young lady is a hero, there’s no doubt,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum. “To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that’s about to occur.”

If BG immediately engaged the girls at the end of the bridge and this was captured on the recording, as in Libby took the video and then stuck the phone in her clothing, still recording, than I don't think Slocum would have said "what we believe..." IMO, that indicates there is a gap (however long or short) between the visual of him, and the following:

Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation
She also captured a man’s voice saying, “down the hill” during what police call “criminal activity.”

This indicates to me that the girls, at this point, were NOT with BG voluntarily. They weren't showing, or following him on an alternate route, or going to see something with him, etc, when he said, "down the hill." This is JMO, of course. And the reason I question the location of "down the hill," and don't think it is at the south end of the bridge, is because of what I said in the first paragraph about the possible gap between video and audio. Maybe the criminal behavior about to occur is:

Stalking
The term “stalking” means engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to fear for his or her safety or the safety of others or suffer substantial emotional distress.

This is the part that I'm not sure about, and if it occurred, it could have been on the bridge (maybe he even tried to converse with them the entire walk back across- thus no calling for help), or he just sort of hung close by - unnerving, but non-threatening, or he went back first and blocked their path, or he watched them from the bridge, whatever. However it happened, if he was acting strangely towards them, and/or made them feel he had intentions to engage them, IMO, that would be considered stalking, and criminal behavior.

And this may have already been posted during the Amber Alert discussion, but again, this indicates, to me, that the girls were killed quickly, and without having been transported anywhere, or moved. JMO

ISP: Delphi Amber Alert wouldn't have helped
"Even if we would've put an Amber Alert out, it would not have done this case any good," Riley said. "In the short period of time, and the location that the bodies were found, it would not have helped us in finding any leads at all."

The more I glean the more I suspect that BG and his partner in crime are indeed already incarcerated and Law Enforcement will be announcing their connection to Delphi as soon as they are legally able. Others think so?

What kind of legal reason would there be for not making an arrest now? Why do you think BG had a partner in crime?

What kind of legal reason would there be for not making an arrest now? Why do you think BG had a partner in crime?
Popping in, although the question wasn't directed to me.
My only speculation would be that they are still working on the forensic study/report. That's all I can offer up as a reason. I do subscribe to the possibility there was a second Perp "down the hill" waiting, although as someone pointed out upthread, statistically that isn't likely.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just had a random thought, and have no idea if it means anything...but it's niggling at me. "Down the hill". Things have gone "down hill", is a commonly used phrase to mean a situation has declined; it's gone "down hill". Perhaps this concept might trigger a recollection....someone that uses that phrase a lot. "Down hill". It's weird how the subconscious manifests in to verbal speech.

Very amateur opinion and speculation!

The police seem to be utterly reliant on the audio tape and low quality photos to serve as a catalyst in regards to somebody recognizing the murderer.

I can understand that the police are reluctant to share details about the crime due to respect for the victims and their families. Yet, even general details would seem to be able to aid in making an arrest. For example:

- Was a fire arm used? If so what calibre? Maybe somebody knows a local "meth Mike" who has a fetish weapon in that calibre.

- Strangulation? Horrible to think about, but maybe a former high school student remembers local "creepy Carl" who once shared disgusting fantasies or who had been known to seek out *advertiser censored* with unusually disgusting themes as a twenty something year old.

The more I glean the more I suspect that BG and his partner in crime are indeed already incarcerated and Law Enforcement will be announcing their connection to Delphi as soon as they are legally able. Others think so?
No and no.

No partner. That itself is a leap.

No incarceration. He is hiding in plain site.

Just no.

Also, JMO.

I think it is a good possibility. DNA is probably being processed hopefully. LE have been very quiet. MOO.

Hmmmm... not sure how to say w/o straying off this narrow bridge we walk here on this platform (pardon the puns). I think IF (imagine with me, if you will) LE has suspects incarcerated for a crime that happened since Delphi they would want to firm up the Delphi arrest details to a good solid case before arresting (having more than ample time now to do so since they pose no threat and their "friends" and social media can be examined to shore up their case as well...) This may be an explanation for Carter's anguish at most recent PC. (Love him, BTW!) He wishes he could say more and is also upset over the more recent crime committed, JMO, surmising. Reason I think BG had a partner? I think he would need one and "guys" and "DTH" sound of different timbre to me. That is all I'm saying and it is all JMO, MOO, & all that jazz.

No and no.

No incarceration. He is hiding in plain site.

Just no.

Also, JMO.
I very much respect and am interested in your thoughts. Post more! We all benefit the more we share. And even if (?!?) we end up disagreeing, that's okay. I appreciate any and all posts and posters here. We all want this guy nailed!!!

Could the "mannerism as he walks" be chewing tobacco? A thought. Would make for possible DNA... if he didn't spit it over the side. Just more thoughts...

Also, JMO.

With out knowing the motive, I think it can be difficult to access the probability of whether or not a partner exists. For sexual or rage motives, I would agree that a partner would be extremely unlikely.

But for motives such as vengeance, pre-emptive "problem solving" narco fantasy style, respect / disrespect etc. the possibility of a partner increases as BG might not be the initiator or might be the initiator, but was acting on behalf of somebody else etc.

Then factor in that partners can be direct, indirect, and could of had full knowledge or had partial knowledge of the impending crime.

Hmmmm... not sure how to say w/o straying off this narrow bridge we walk here on this platform (pardon the puns). I think IF (imagine with me, if you will) LE has suspects incarcerated for a crime that happened since Delphi they would want to firm up the Delphi arrest details to a good solid case before arresting (having more than ample time now to do so since they pose no threat and their "friends" and social media can be examined to shore up their case as well...) This may be an explanation for Carter's anguish at most recent PC. (Love him, BTW!) He wishes he could say more and is also upset over the more recent crime committed, JMO, surmising. Reason I think BG had a partner? I think he would need one and "guys" and "DTH" sound of different timbre to me. That is all I'm saying and it is all JMO, MOO, & all that jazz.

Of the few facts we know, Carter did state the audio and person on the bridge is just one person.

BBM

“An additional clip of audio from the same man has also been released. The new clip includes the word before the previously released version which only stated down the hill.

The new audio clip is a slightly extended version of the original, which was released days after the girls were murdered and includes the word "Guys" followed by "Down the Hill."

"Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."...”
ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

With out knowing the motive, I think it can be difficult to access the probability of whether or not a partner exists. For sexual or rage motives, I would agree that a partner would be extremely unlikely.

But for motives such as vengeance, pre-emptive "problem solving" narco fantasy style, respect / disrespect etc. the possibility of a partner increases as BG might not be the initiator or might be the initiator, but was acting on behalf of somebody else etc.

Then factor in that partners can be direct, indirect, and could of had full knowledge or had partial knowledge of the impending crime.

Well said !
I believe that IF LE knows the motive, it could benefit the investigation if they made that knowledge public.

It would provide a basis for the public in regards to the type of individual(s) being sought and would bring greater scrutiny by any individuals that might be associated with the “social circles” of that type of activity.

The suspect pool changes DRAMATICALLY based on the motive alone.

The way this case has played out so far, I can’t help but wonder if the crime scene was so unusual and “complicated”, that LE hasn’t even been able to nail down the motive involved. I really hope that’s not the case, otherwise it may be quite some time before this crime is solved.

All just MOO

Could the "mannerism as he walks" be chewing tobacco? A thought. Would make for possible DNA... if he didn't spit it over the side. Just more thoughts...

This comment is from a retired FBI detective not involved in the case but I think he describes “mannerisms” quite well. Recognizing someone we know from a distance by their movement is usually quite easy without seeing their face. I really do believe by now local people have recognized this person but whether or not LE has enough evidence to connect him is the unanswered part of the equation IMO.

“.......The video could be key, according to Kouns.

“You can often recognize someone by how they hold themselves. How they swing their arms when they walk. You see he has his hands in his pockets,” said Kouns, who now runs an investigative consulting company in Carmel.

Kouns said even though it’s not clear what the suspect’s face looks like from the video, noticing the walk is still entirely possible.

“I can recognize my kids who look very much alike kind of by how they move,” he said.

“I wouldn’t have to see their faces to know which one is which.” ....”
Retired FBI agent analyzes new details in Delphi case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members