Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the idea of nobody hearing the girls scream. I've been working under the assumption that they didn't-that they were too panicked or scared. I didn't scream when I was held up at gun point. But the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if maybe they DID scream and LE just hasn't released it. On the other hand, it's possible the noise just wasn't registered by anyone. Screaming, laughing, hollering at each other, etc are all noises that kind of blend together for me and when I'm out in a public place, especially in a park, I tend not to register them unless they're right on top of me. It's the same with gun shots. Here in the country we hear them almost every day and I stopped paying attention to them years ago. Our neighbor shot a coyote 20 feet from our house last week and I didn't know it until he told us the next day.

Maybe he had some duct tape stuffed in that jacket.

A merkin is a pubic wig. Merkins were originally worn by prostitutes after shaving their mons pubis, and are now used as decorative items, erotic devices, or in films, by both men and women. Wikipedia

Who knew?

ETA: From the Urban Dictionary:
Merkin
A pubic hair piece. A toupee for the pubic area/genitals. In the 1700’s when mercury was used to treat sexually transmitted diseases (Gonorrhea or Syphilis) one of the side effects was the loss of pubic hair. To disguise this condition, that was not cured by mercury, a Merkin was employed.

This makes more sense. I guess.
Yup.
Its official.
I think I have now seen just about everything possible posted on WS.;)

Wouldn't it be logical to think that at the first notice of them being missing that someone would have thought they fell accidentally off the bridge? Did people know they were going on that bridge? The youtube videos of that bridge are scary -it's actually amazing no one has fallen off that bridge given its condition especially now you have more sleuthers going off that bridge.

Also, you have to be in a calm mental state to go on that bridge. That's why I wonder how the killer, having seen the girls and I imagine being in a heightened state knowing what he was going to do, would have been calm enough to cross that bridge.

Look at the YouTube videos on that bridge. One of those planks could easily give way. Why do they even have that bridge open? Seems like a walking liability for the town that it's not more clearly closed.

Wouldn't it be logical to think that at the first notice of them being missing that someone would have thought they fell accidentally off the bridge? Did people know they were going on that bridge? The youtube videos of that bridge are scary -it's actually amazing no one has fallen off that bridge given its condition especially now you have more sleuthers going off that bridge.

Also, you have to be in a calm mental state to go on that bridge. That's why I wonder how the killer, having seen the girls and I imagine being in a heightened state knowing what he was going to do, would have been calm enough to cross that bridge.

Look at the YouTube videos on that bridge. One of those planks could easily give way. Why do they even have that bridge open? Seems like a walking liability for the town that it's not more clearly closed.

The bridge is not officially open. We just walk on it anyway.

BBM

I believe that was one of the early thoughts. IIRC, it was the reason the search was concentrated downstream (they were found upstream).

MOO it looks challenging but not actually hard. Couple of trips across and I am sure most people can pretty much walk right over it.

I keep thinking about the idea of nobody hearing the girls scream. I've been working under the assumption that they didn't-that they were too panicked or scared. I didn't scream when I was held up at gun point. But the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if maybe they DID scream and LE just hasn't released it. On the other hand, it's possible the noise just wasn't registered by anyone. Screaming, laughing, hollering at each other, etc are all noises that kind of blend together for me and when I'm out in a public place, especially in a park, I tend not to register them unless they're right on top of me. It's the same with gun shots. Here in the country we hear them almost every day and I stopped paying attention to them years ago. Our neighbor shot a coyote 20 feet from our house last week and I didn't know it until he told us the next day.

MOO If they did scream I don't think anyone was close enough to hear. Someone in the cemetery might have, or house along 625 might have - but no one came forward during the 2/13 search.
Also the afternoon wind that day came from the west, blowing sound east, up stream, and FSG still 15 minutes away down trail.

Last edited:
Gray Hughes interview with Becky Patty:

Sunday night

Well, Abby spent the night with Libby on Sunday night and they had stayed up late through the night painting their chocolate painting and messing around. We actually have a couple of videos that they had taken of each other that night, kind of goofing around.

Monday morning
They slept in ‘cause they were up late. When they got up it was, I don’t know, probably 10:00 or so and Derrick made them pancakes. They had pancakes, and of course Libby always wants to be on the go and she was wanting to do something but Kelsi had to work that day. I was working and Derrick took off to go take some pictures for me, and so I told Libby – she’d kind of gotten into shopping recently. She enjoyed shopping which was new for her because I used to have to drag her with me to buy her school clothes. Because Libby has started enjoying shopping, I told her that “I have some filing to do and if you girls want to do some filing for me, I’ll pay you and maybe later on today or tonight when I’m done, we could go”.

So they came out and were doing some filing – they were out with the file cabinets, filing and stuff – and Kelsi came out – see, I don’t know the exact time of that, you know, why would we have paid attention to that – but she came out – it was probably close to 1:00 and said, “Hey, I work at 4:00. I’m going to go to a friend’s house for a little bit and then, then I’m going on to work. Well, as soon as Libby heard that, Libby jumped up and said, “Hey, will you take us to the bridge?” and Kelsi said, “I don’t care”.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/in-abigail-abby-williams-13-liberty-libby-german-14-the-delphi-murders-13-feb-2017-104.446556/page-11#post-15091802

We're not aware from any source that the girls had planned to go to the bridge before Monday.
I seem to remember from another source that Libby had first asked if Becky could take them to the bridge but she mentioned she was too busy. I'll have to see when that was mentioned.

Good Morning.

Tricia has checked out the Renner Interviews and has given permission to post them and treat them as an allowable source. I will self-report to a Mod as Tricia requested so to let those guys know.

Will also post in the Media Thread.

PLEASE NOTE: KELSI GERMAN HAS RECENTLY CORRECTED A COMMENT SHE MADE TO RENNER IN AN INTVW CONTAINED IN THESE EPISODES. IT REFERS TO '10-20 KIDS BEING PRESENT' AT THE TIME OF DROPPING THE GIRLS OFF AT THE TRAILHEAD. KG HAS CLARIFIED THAT ' 10-20 PEOPLE WERE ON THE TRAIL THAT DAY'

Here is the Link to : James Renner ; Virtually A Detectice. Case#101 Delphi .

Virtually a Detective, Case 101: DELPHI |

10 Episodes featuring Interviews with MP, BP, KG, Anna W, Sheriff Leazenby.

Thanks Tricia.

ETA SP

Last edited:
Good Morning.

Tricia has checked out the Renner Interviews and has given permission to post them and treat them as an allowable source. I will self-report to a Mod as Tricia requested so to let those guys know.

Will also post in the Media Thread.

PLEASE NOTE: KELSI GERMAN HAS RECENTLY CORRECTED A COMMENT SHE MADE TO RENNER IN AN INTVW CONTAINED IN THESE EPISODES. IT REFERS TO '10-20 KIDS BEING PRESENT' AT THE TIME OF DROPPING THE GIRLS OFF AT THE TRAILHEAD. KG HAS CLARIFIED THAT ' 10-20 PEOPLE WERE ON THE TRAIL THAT DAY'

Here is the Link to : James Renner ; Virtually A Detectice. Case#101 Delphi .

Virtually a Detective, Case 101: DELPHI |

10 Episodes featuring Interviews with MP, BP, KG, Anna W, Sheriff Leazenby.

Thanks Tricia.

ETA SP

Excellent. Thanks for that SvS. I've seen them all, as and when they came out and recommend watching them in order. I will rewatch also, as it was last September when I initially watched them I think. They are filmed in 360 vision so if your device doesn't support that I recommend you just move the screen to where you can see the interviewees, which is how I watched them initially.

Last edited:
Excellent. Thanks for that SvS. I've seen them all, as and when they came out and recommend watching them in order. I will rewatch also, as it was last September when I initially watched them I think. They are filmed in 360 vision so if your device doesn't support that I recommend you just move the screen to where you can see the interviewees, which is how I watched them initially.
Good point re the 360° camera.

There is a little guide to it in the introductory 'Prologue' episode iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500