Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume it means next Monday but it certainly isn't clear as to whether it was today or will be the 29th. Hmmmm.

moo
Yeah the article was poorly written. It had today’s date and said he was expected in court at 2pm. It didn’t specify a date though. I have emailed the paper for an update. Lol. I want to know why the crickets...we can’t let this one die down. Not one bit. #justiceforMackenzie

I take great comfort in believing that this man will be behind bars for the rest of his life. He has evaded justice for a number of years, obviously, but in his hubris, he has now condemned himself.

He doesn't sound like the adaptable type, either. I hope he's increasingly miserable.

I take great comfort in believing that this man will be behind bars for the rest of his life. He has evaded justice for a number of years, obviously, but in his hubris, he has now condemned himself.

He doesn't sound like the adaptable type, either. I hope he's increasingly miserable.

I hope so many things not so nice for this sick monster. But I truly hope someone beats him so bad. And then does it again and again and again and again and again. His face makes my skin crawl.

I'm going to put all of the posts from the person coming forward and telling us her story about AA together so it is more coherent. I should have done this in the first place. I'll do my best to get it done today. For now, here is the post that explains what happened to this person. Remember, you can post your questions here and she will do her best to answer them.
If I read anyone even so much as whispering an ounce of blame on this woman there will be no warnings. You will be banned.
I've spoken at great length to this very gracious lady and she is sincere. I believe her. If you don't then please scroll by.

Below are the answers to some of your questions. Remember, this person came forward after reading at Websleuths. She wants you all to know her story and how she became one of AA's victims.

Thank you for your warm welcome. In the next few days, I am going to try to answer any questions that were posted before this and then I will be taking a step back. A lot of the information I found here has greatly helped me through this grieving process. I wanted to understand...well, everything. Of course, I found more questions. I have finally gotten to a point, at least for now, where it is not constantly in my thoughts, and I am going to continue to try to move on with my life. I want to thank all of you who have said such kind and supportive things. They have touched me and they did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Q-Do the authorities know about the assault?

All the appropriate authorities are currently aware

Q- Am I the woman who filed the 2014 police report or a different woman?

Reading between the lines to see "did he sexually assault more than one woman?", I will simply say that women did come forward after his arrest. Unless it is needed for prosecution, I think it will remain unconfirmed and quiet, as it should. No more women need their lives ruined.

Q- How did we meet?

We worked in the same building and at some point ran across each others' online profiles. I don't even remember if it was an app or a website. I vaguely remember him asking if I had profile wherever it was he saw me. I remember being surprised that he was the man from his profile. At work, he was always smiling. He wore glasses and a nice button-down shirt. He looked sharp and seemed very intelligent. Online, he had mostly modeling photos. He was shirtless in some. He wasn't wearing his glasses or smiling. A couple of the online pictures kind of creeped me out. But I don't look great in all my pictures, and we seemed to get along well so I ignored it.

Q- How well did I know him?

He was just a coworker. He wanted to get to know me better, and I thought he seemed interesting. We had a few conversations at work. I am assuming we had some text conversations, but I don't remember.

Q- What happened?

I don't remember anything about earlier that day. Realize, I thought it was a normal day. I had not ever met with him outside of work. I do know that I drove to the address he sent me, which was a townhome. When I walked in, there was another girl there that he introduced as his apartment mate. She went into the kitchen/living room area and he asked if
I wanted to go to upstairs. Upstairs was his bedroom.

I would like to stop to say that afterward I blamed myself so hard - starting at the moment I walked upstairs. That said, just because a woman walks into a man's room, that does not give him the authority to do whatever he wants to her. It may be a sign that a woman is possibly interested in being romanced, but it is not consent. I
am not going to go into detail, but I will say that once I was alone with him, he got a dangerous look in his eyes that was not there in public. It wasn't just lust, it was...obssession, like he was driven by one singular purpose. It was the look of a predator. He didn't hurt me (physically) or threaten to hurt me. He just took what he wanted. Afterwards, the look was just....gone. He wanted me to stay. That still confuses me.

I did agonize over whether I should take some action. I worried that if I did nothing and he assaulted another woman, I would be responsible, but at the same time, I thought it was my fault it happened - for entering the room, for drinking, etc. I thought that if I hadn't made so many mistakes, he wouldn't have done it. And even if I had been thinking straight enough to hold him accountable, I don't know that it would have changed anything. Even if I pursued action, it was my word against his. I didn't have proof; he had a roommate who saw me walk upstairs of my own free will and leave without making a scene.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done something even if there was no chance of him being put away. My first thought when I found out about Mackenzie was - it's my fault she is dead. My knees buckled in the parking lot. Though I have since tried to embrace a mindset of placing the blame where it belongs - on him - I still struggle with that thought that I could have possibly prevented him from hurting anyone else.

Q- Do you believe he murdered Mackenzie?

Yes. Based on the evidence I have heard and my experience with him, I believe he committed murder and I know he committed sexual assault. I am just waiting for prosecutors to prove it.

Q-
"I'd like to know what his level of expertise was in the IT field. There's been a lot of discussion about that because it seems he was so careless with his digital footprint.
Thanks for sharing your first hand knowledge of AA. Welcome.."

This answer is purely my opinion because I did not work in the same department. It was a call-center-type environment for a payday/installment loan company. It seemed to me that he tried to make his position seem very technical, but his job was just the chat (as opposed to telephone) version of customer service. The most technical aspect of his job involved helping customers log into and navigate the website (for instance, resetting passwords), which required no technical background. Looking back, I can see that many of
the things he was proud of were largely over-exaggerated. I think that even if he did happen to have some networking skills beyond those of most people, I doubt it was anything extraordinary. That said, he did have to be able to type fairly quickly for that position, so it's possible he had more of a background with computers than I knew. To me, he seemed more concerned with a modeling career than a technical one.
Also, I would like to note that the linked resume does not list the company he worked for then. It says Comcast. It's possible he had more than one job. But I doubt it.

Q- "Was he quiet or a more prominent personality?"

He was soft-spoken when it came to personal, one-on-one conversation, but louder and more outgoing when it came to work-related and/or group attention. I remember him explaining things to people and, once in particular, making a small groups of coworkers laugh fairly hard.

Comment "There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between how he appeared online more confident and how people describe him in person (shy and nice.) "

There was a complete disconnect between his online profile/private life and who he appeared to be in person/public.

Q- "Would he be someone you would ever describe as being slightly awkward at times?"

I feel like there are different types of awkward. The two I am thinking of are the weird type of awkward that makes you embarrassed for the person versus the sweet awkward that might seem endearing - say fumbling with something because your presence is making them a little nervous. I would say he could come off as the latter.

Q- "What kind of relationship did you see him have with others, and did you ever see him get upset or angry? "

I never saw him get very upset or angry. I saw a glimpse of his temper just before he assaulted me, but I didn't fight back, so I don't think I can give much insight into what he was like when he was angry.
###

Tricia here. There is more to her story. I hope to have another update for you a bit later on
Tricia, what the survivor of this defendant is doing by sharing her story is amazing and more brave than I can even imagine. She certainly has my sincerest apologies for having gone through this.

Thank you both for trusting the members here by sharing this on the WS platform. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for either of you. It brings a realness, awareness, and humanity to an unspeakable crime. Hopefully, this can educate all of us in way that can help us be more aware and have a better understanding and compassion for those affected..

To our courageous survivor- I’m so sorry you had to overcome that horrible experience. When I read your story- especially the part about him transforming into that horrifying scary predator- I just think seething anger & entitlement. He would have never taken “no” for an answer, even with another person in the apartment. I think your actions kept you alive. As far as charges go, Brock Turner was caught in the act, got 6 months & was out in 4. I don’t think charges in this would’ve turned out better- I’m glad you were spared the futility & additional injustice. Truly. I just wish you peace & safety & happiness going forward.

To survivor:

When you talk about regretting to go up the stairs, that pains me. I can imagine feeling the same way. But it’s the same as “if I hadn’t driven that way home I wouldn’t have gotten in a car accident.” You went upstairs because you were hanging out and he had the roommate. It’s not your fault in the slightest. He’s a monster. You reported him. Don’t you dare blame yourself for not doing more. Most rapists aren’t murderers.

I’m so so so sorry you went through this and are living this again, something you wanted to leave in the past; but I’m really hoping that the fact this monster is in jail (and will be forever) will help you heal.

To our courageous survivor- I’m so sorry you had to overcome that horrible experience. When I read your story- especially the part about him transforming into that horrifying scary predator- I just think seething anger & entitlement. He would have never taken “no” for an answer, even with another person in the apartment. I think your actions kept you alive. As far as charges go, Brock Turner was caught in the act, got 6 months & was out in 4. I don’t think charges in this would’ve turned out better- I’m glad you were spared the futility & additional injustice. Truly. I just wish you peace & safety & happiness going forward.
She is a survivor. I’d like to think justice is being served for ALL his victims!

To the Survivor Warrior,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us - strangers to you. That is not only brave, it is enormously helpful to our understanding of this awful person's MO. Your cooperation with LE is even more important and I am grateful that you came forward to inform them about AA's past transgressions.

I sincerely hope that you will find talking to others to be a healing and empowering experience. This is something that happened to you, that you never sought out. AA deceived you by pretending to be a decent human being who had a normal but not manipulative or abusive interest in you, only to take off his mask abruptly once you trusted him enough to relax. You survived that betrayal of trust and a crime against your person, and began repairing your life only to learn that later another young woman did not.

Survivor's guilt is a common phenomenon, and it takes time, and sometimes professional help, to work through. I hope you have people in your life who can support you through this, but please know that I and others here support you as well. You did nothing wrong, and your actions afterward – all of them – were what you needed to do at that time to continue functioning while you processed and healed from severe trauma. None of AA's actions are your doing, or your responsibility.

Best wishes to you for your continued healing. If ever your participation here, or our questions, become too intense for you, don't hesitate to say so or to step away. You are not obligated to answer our questions or to be here, but if you want to be, we are in your corner as you continue to move through life and discover how strong and resourceful you are.

Beautiful post, janewall.

To the Courageous Survivor of this predator, You Are not at fault. He is a predator and you did nothing wrong. I know how hard it is to tell your story and do what you can to help this investigation. Thank you for coming forward!

Sorry guys, I am behind in the case. Has there every been any information released as to why Kenzie met with AA that night? And how they came about communicating by phone?

I believe it was in the last press conference, but I’m not sure, that they stated they were not releasing an official cause of death (yet) for Kenzie to respect the family‘s privacy. While there could be many reasons, I thought it seemed strange and it made me think the things he did were more horrific than we even imagine (if that is possible).

Please correct me if that is normal. Or has been answered since I have tried to stay away from this for awhile.

Hopefully they are talking to his female roommate to see what she might have known. It is difficult to imagine living in a home with someone who assaults people and not knowing about it. And from reports we are hearing now, it certainly sounds like it may have been his pattern, not an unusual occurrence. JMO

To the courageous survivor who came forward, thank you so much for your insights and I hope you continue to heal from your horrible experience.

Sorry guys, I am behind in the case. Has there every been any information released as to why Kenzie met with AA that night? And how they came about communicating by phone?

No, no official information yet on why they met that night, the nature of the relationship, etc.

But we’re in a period when I wouldn’t expect any of that. The next big chance for information will be at the preliminary hearing, and a date for that hasn’t been set yet.

I believe it was in the last press conference, but I’m not sure, that they stated they were not releasing an official cause of death (yet) for Kenzie to respect the family‘s privacy. While there could be many reasons, I thought it seemed strange and it made me think the things he did were more horrific than we even imagine (if that is possible).

Please correct me if that is normal. Or has been answered since I have tried to stay away from this for awhile.

Hopefully they are talking to his female roommate to see what she might have known. It is difficult to imagine living in a home with someone who assaults people and not knowing about it. And from reports we are hearing now, it certainly sounds like it may have been his pattern, not an unusual occurrence. JMO

To the courageous survivor who came forward, thank you so much for your insights and I hope you continue to heal from your horrible experience.

Not sure if this is the official cause of death but it’s whats being reported.....

Prosecutors say Ajayi killed 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck, who died from blunt force trauma to the head. Police say her body was found with her arms bound behind her in a canyon 85 miles from Ajayi’s home.

Man charged in Mackenzie Lueck's death appears in court

ETA: Mackenzie Lueck was killed by blunt force trauma to her head, being hit with such force that she died from internal bleeding, according to charging documents.

Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say

No, no official information yet on why they met that night, the nature of the relationship, etc.

But we’re in a period when I wouldn’t expect any of that. The next big chance for information will be at the preliminary hearing, and a date for that hasn’t been set yet.
What is the July 29th court appearance for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600