MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First impressions:

The lake/dumping ground had significance. I wonder if she went there with someone that associated it with a significant memory or event.

Didn’t hide the body or a patrol officer would not have spotted it on a drive by. So... not an ex boyfriend or someone that would be suspected by others. A stranger? Or acquaintance? Either crime of opp from going to mini-mart type thing or new interest others would not have known about yet.

Horrible. I’m sick & tired of young college women encountering evil.
Sardis lake is very popular amongst ole miss students. I went there for four years. It’s not that it holds significance but that it’s got remote, dark pockets where someone could be shot. A lot of people go out there during the day to shoot skeet, ATV, drink beer and just hang out. At night it’s pitch black so you’ve got the cover of darkness.

Last edited:
Since many of the facts are out there, I have been pondering the following. One thing that is rarely mentioned in cases like this, probably because it could be construed as victim blaming (and maybe it is in a way, but that’s not my intention), is why do accomplished young women give guys like this (ones with sketchy high school academic records, arrests in high school and college, immature or violent tweets, drinking problems, anger problems) the time of day, much less years of their lives?

George Hughley, the Duke lacrosse player, had a similar privileged background and he drank to excess and killed his girlfriend after two years of dating. We all know women who choose guys that are beneath them. In general, are we emphasizing to our daughters that the superficial trappings of success and “manliness” are meaningless in terms of their long term happiness and safety if the guy is, basically, a psychopath?

Yes, the man is always to blame in terms of this kind of violence, but we still try to teach girls to take steps to protect themselves physically (be aware of your surroundings, etc). However, since women are usually killed by people they know, what can they do? One obvious thing they can do is to never enter into any kind of close personal relationship with this type of guy in the first place. They can’t text you at midnight if they don’t know your name or have your number. They’ll move on to easier prey. Be wary, observe from afar, get on the guys Twitter feed if you’re curious, but don’t go out on even one date until you’ve done some research online or via your friend and family networks.

Girls should know the warning signs of an abuser. But they should also be told that in their romantic lives, they should look for a good guy, a nice guy, an honorable guy, above all, and not be focused on nabbing the “cool” guy, the “cute” guy, the rich alpha male in the “right” fraternity or the one who is pursuing a lucrative major.

Looks, athleticism, a wealthy background, and privilege are meaningless and won’t lead to happiness if the guy is also spoiled, chauvinistic, controlling, violent, etc. My parents emphasized this to me a lot growing up, and although I “totally” lusted after the stereotypical, all American guy, I never ended up dating anyone who scared me in any way at any point in the relationship or when things didn’t work out. I know I was lucky, too, and that you can’t always know everything, but nowadays, people reveal an awful lot on their social media accounts and in other ways.

I’m speaking generally here as I know few details of this particular relationship, but I see this happen a lot. Why is it that the handsome or rich jerks seem to attract girls while the sweet, nice guys struggle to get a date? I know there are probably complex biological and evolutionary forces at work, but we can work against them when the stakes are this high!

Great post...but UVA...not Duke lacrosse.

MOD NOTE:

WHILE MANY MAY BELIEVE THEY “KNOW THE FACTS” IN THIS CASE, THEY CANNOT BE MENTIONED OR DISCUSSED HERE ON WEBSLEUTHS UNLESS/UNTIL THERE IS SUBSTANTIATION IN AN LE REPORT OR MSM PUBLICATION LINK. SUCH INFORMATION IS CONSIDERED RUMOR AND POSTING IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS. THERE WILL BE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES FOR POSTING SUCH VIOLATIONS.

PLEASE POST RESPONSIBLY WHILE ADHERING TO THE TOS.

CocoChanel

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been following since the news broke.
Super familiar with Sardis Lake and, as reported, it is not a spot an Ole Miss student from out of state would frequent.
I'm so very sorry for her family.
It was on the local Memphis news this morning that she was shot. 8 times. This seems personal to me.
Will continue to follow :(
Chi
I’m going to disagree. I went to ole miss and tons of students go to Sardis to hang out, especially when the water is low. It’s especially popular during the summer when it’s hot snd you’ve got less classes (or maybe no classes at all lol!). Now the actual spot she was found is more remote/farther away from where students/people normally go. <modsnip - rumor>

I’m going to disagree. I went to ole miss and tons of students go to Sardis to hang out, especially when the water is low. It’s especially popular during the summer when it’s hot snd you’ve got less classes (or maybe no classes at all lol!). Now the actual spot she was found is more remote/farther away from where students/people normally go. <modsnip - rumor>

Yes I agree.

Also interesting to note that the hours for the gas station market where Ally and Brandon were last seen together are from 5:30 am until 9 pm.

Yes he picked her up very late at night, what I would consider middle of the night. So it’s possible they were at the market when it first opened. Bars close early in oxford. It used to be midnight on Saturday’s but I believe it’s 1 am now.

Yes he picked her up very late at night, what I would consider middle of the night. So it’s possible they were at the market when it first opened. Bars close early in oxford. It used to be midnight on Saturday’s but I believe it’s 1 am now.

Perhaps the market is open different hours on the weekend. I know weekdays it shuts down at 9.

Just my own opinion ... I wonder if AK might have been pregnant ... a baby would have surely interrupted BT’s future plans. Could this scenario be motive? MOO

Interesting theory.....
and we almost have the same screen name. ;)

Paranoid & rich mindset is often times “people want what I have” so basically some rich entitled people believe they need to keep a gun with them 24/7 bc they are paranoid about that, possibly.
A lot of people carry guns for protection. I don’t think it has anything to do with the suspect’s wealth...people carry guns because too many with No wealth want stuff that isn’t theirs....i am going to get my carry permit soon myself. My husband has a gun and it is usually locked in his glovebox. We live in Memphis and unfortunately crime is getting pretty bad here as in a lot of places. Why should the bad guys be the only one with guns?

These cases, though all equally tragic, are in no way connected. One other appears to be murder by a boyfriend. Two were robberies and one will end up being gang violence.
I think it is commendable that the Clarion Ledger did not write only about the murder of the blonde white college girl. These other women had families that loved them too. And the boyfriend murder may be somewhat similar.

His former classmate pretty much says what we here at WS surmised about him.

jmo

I agree. She said just about to a "T" what we guessed.

We have yet to hear a single person speak out on his behalf, except his father. Not a friend, teacher, former coach, employer (did he ever hold a job), siblings, other relatives, no one.

ETA: Or other or former girlfriends either.

And....AK was way out of his league. She was a go-getter, healthy, into fitness, well liked, etc. She had a bright future.
His former classmate pretty much says what we here at WS surmised about him.

jmo
why can't i see what the former classmate had to say? this article doesn't link proper for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500