Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering of Mr.D may not have died if he had heard warnings about the previous highway murders in a more timely fashion before he found himself being killed on the side of the road on his way to a camping trip :(

I’m not convinced of that; it’s more the principle of the whole thing.

The downside is that it delayed tips coming in regarding the couple and that van, tips that began to flow right after “murder” was mentioned.

Just my thoughts: When I read that they left saying they were heading to Whitehorse, but no actual confirmation they got there, as well as saying they wanted to make money, it did run through my mind if they had really planned to go to the Fortnite video game tournament in US where people can win heaps of money from having good survival skills in the game! They left with time to even go to Whitehorse and Alberta and still get there, until their plans changed drastically. Does a Canadian need a passport to go into the US? But probably not as they appeared to mainly play on steam according to reports?

I am wondering of Mr.D may not have died if he had heard warnings about the previous highway murders in a more timely fashion before he found himself being killed on the side of the road on his way to a camping trip :(
Was LD on his way to Camping or on his way back from camping.
To Camping would be he was traveling north. From camping he would be traveling south.

This took a week for him to figure out and speak to the press about? Really?

No wonder RCMP are having issues finding these 2 suspects!

This is what I said a few threads back.
They should have called it a double shooting from the beginning. No need to release names or even gender.

To many, a suspicious death nowadays means an opioid overdose.

Just my thoughts: When I read that they left saying they were heading to Whitehorse, but no actual confirmation they got there, as well as saying they wanted to make money, it did run through my mind if they had really planned to go to the Fortnite video game tournament in US where people can win heaps of money from having good survival skills in the game! They left with time to even go to Whitehorse and Alberta and still get there, until their plans changed drastically. Does a Canadian need a passport to go into the US? But probably not as they appeared to mainly play on steam according to reports?

Yes, you need a passport to cross the border.

A release describing “suspicious deaths,” was put out the following day.

I don’t think it was called “murder” until 3 days after that.

Here’s the release: RCMP in British Columbia - Police Investigate Suspicious Deaths
I think the timeline was that it took the RCMP 5 days from when the bodies were found to classify the 2 deaths as being from 'gun violence'.

The ID process of the 2 victims took 3 days.

So, start the finish almost a week to let the public know that 'gun violence' had been responsible for 2 deaths on the Alaska Hwy.

I think the timeline was that it took the RCMP 5 days from when the bodies were found to classify the 2 deaths as being from 'gun violence'.

So, start the finish almost a week to let the public know that 'gun violence' had been responsible for 2 deaths on the Alaska Hwy.
Jeepers. That’s way worse than I thought.

Their truck was found burning on Friday. The police were there and then a witness vehicle stopped and told the police that they thought they seen a body back at the pullout. So the cops went up there and found LD.
So the young guys probably We're stopped at the pull out with the truck they had and then stole the RAV4 and killed LD and then went down the road and burnt out the truck?
Or they went South on the road burnt out their truck then went back walking stole the RAV4 in killed LD.
Just a theory, not a rumour......Or why Mr. LD was out exploring, stole fuel from his vehicle, put it into their own and realised too late it was not compatible (petrol, not diesel or vice versa), flipped out and went back to try to steal his vehicle in anger and frustration and either deliberately injured him/killed him, or accidentally ran over him when leaving? (If it was dark, they could have ran over him if they couldn't see him or something). It seems Mr D had not unpacked any of his gear for camping, was he camping there, on the way to camp or on the way back - but as usual, the almost complete lack of information makes it so difficult to understand anything...

Last edited:
We know Lucas & Chynna we’re alive and well the evening of July 14 and found murdered early July 15. Professor Len was found dead early July 19. I don’t believe we have any confirmation of when he died (or cause of death), but based on location I think it’s safe to say he died between evening of the 18th and morning of the 19th (body would’ve almost certainly been found the day he died there unless late in the day). The suspects were seen on the afternoon of the 18th leaving Dease Lake Super A towards the location LD was found.
Groan .... horrible thought

Wow, really that is too long

This is what I said a few threads back.
They should have called it a double shooting from the beginning. No need to release names or even gender.

To many, a suspicious death nowadays means an opioid overdose.
Have agreed with you on this point from the beginning.

I also wonder if RCMP were hesitant because it was peak tourist season and they didn't want to panic people?

I don't think this should impact public safety announcements but maybe it played a role? Or, maybe because the victims were foreign tourists?

IDK

Last edited:

Well that's certainly piqued my interest. Maybe

they knew they couldn't go down to the United States and participate.
Maybe they decided to 'play a game' up here in Canada?

I mean.... they actually are doing the 'Ultimate Survival game' now... aren't they?

People dead, vehicle stolen, vehicles burnt out, purposely or non-perposely showing their faces on videos. Hiding out in the dense forests of Northern Manitoba for a week?
Not getting caught by the Royal Canadian police, local police, the Canadian military, volunteers, and Canadian citizens...... So far.
They (supposedly) haven't been seen in a week.

So far that's quite the "survival game" being played out in Real time with Real People.

Is it a coincidence fortnite is having the survival game down in the US?

And it only got out that this was a shooting after it hit the news in Australia. They had to tell the Canadian public at that point.

You know, it could be that the LE identified the sightings at YL as being someone completely unrelated, but they're just not informing the public. Think about it, in Gillam, they had the RAV burning and they searched for days, even checking places for a second time, and that was after arriving only a day after the suspects. But in YL they give up after 24h even though they got there in 20 minutes after the sighting? And the only way for the suspects to go is towards the river where they're pretty much stuck. Giving up the search after all this seems to indicate they're quite sure it was not them.
On another note, did they actually search in the bush in either Gillam or YL or did they just check along tracks, in abandoned houses etc?

Yeah, that is definitely possible, but why do all that and then take off to Manitoba?

I'm not so sure how realistically possible Port Alberni to Alberta in such a short time frame actually is. Firstly, there's a fairly challenging drive from PA to the Nanaimo ferry terminal. Then there's the initial reliance on the ferry schedule from Vancouver Island to the mainland - a journey of over 1 and 1/2 hours IF you don't have to wait for a couple of sailings to even get on the boat in busy summer tourist season. Then there's a pretty arduous journey through the Canadian Rockies which, we'll have to imagine is without traffic delays or roadwork or landslides enroute, all of which are common. All of that will eventually get you to the Alberta border on the Trans Canada, but you're still a very long way away from the Dease Lake area. Doing all that in 2 days and a bit would certainly be a challenge. Not impossible but you'd pretty much have to totally discount taking time for food and sleep, etc. Two people spelling each other could possibly manage the journey ok, but somebody would probably have to be awakened to participate in the killing spree. IMO

Just a theory, not a rumour......Or why Mr. LD was out exploring, stole fuel from his vehicle, put it into their own and realised too late it was not compatible (petrol, not diesel or vice versa), flipped out and went back to try to steal his vehicle in anger and frustration and either deliberately injured him/killed him, or accidentally ran over him when leaving? (If it was dark, they could have ran over him if they couldn't see him or something). It seems Mr D had not unpacked any of his gear for camping yet, but as usual, the almost complete lack of information makes it so difficult to understand anything...
Interesting theory. I think running over him accidentally is unlikely. Night is very short up here this time of year and it doesn’t get very dark.

Just a theory, not a rumour......Or why Mr. LD was out exploring, stole fuel from his vehicle, put it into their own and realised too late it was not compatible (petrol, not diesel or vice versa), flipped out and went back to try to steal his vehicle in anger and frustration and either deliberately injured him/killed him, or accidentally ran over him when leaving? (If it was dark, they could have ran over him if they couldn't see him or something). It seems Mr D had not unpacked any of his gear for camping yet, but as usual, the almost complete lack of information makes it so difficult to understand anything...
The gas thing that you talked about.... That is certainly plausible. Cuz people are wondering why did they burn their own truck. And if they were trying to escape that wouldn't be the vehicle to do it in because of the gas. So they could have went back and stole gas and realize that it wouldn't run now with the wrong gas and then just torch their vehicle.

The two guys have been charged with second-degree murder meaning that killing LD was not planned and purposeful. That he could have been out squatting in the bush taking a leak and the young guys went to steal his vehicle and he ran out and they ran over him and then maybe they had to finish off the job by doing something else to him.

If you wanted to cross the Nelson River, wouldn't you take the shortest route? The river is 300 metres wide at the dam, and it can be crossed in five to 10 minutes by vehicle at the Keeyask Hydro project. It would take longer on foot, obviously.

See the 1:30 mark here. He says five to 10 minutes, via a kilometre-long embankment. No ferries, no boats.

Thanks for posting this link. I believe the 600 room vacant construction camp in Gillam (which was searched last week by RCMP) housed the workforce responsible for constructing this project. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa