OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, from the sercurity video it wasn't suicide by cop. The video shows the cop coming out on a drive,path at the end of the bar patio. Bullets are flying so he steps back behind the cover of the building. The killer then comes running down to the end of the patio chasing victims who are running away. Shooter rapidly turns right down the path where the cop was standing. He accidentally ran right around the corner to where the officer was waiting.

Just catching up on the thread. Was this video in mainstream media oh, do you have a link or does anybody else?

Can watch the PC here. Has a good close up view of the presentation

Good presser... by the spokesperson.

I want to know who that ****ole and his ********* or whatever gal to the right in the background are doing the entire time they're doing the presser.

They are laughing and snickering and doing stuff that is so very unprofessional the. Entire. Presser!!.
And that guy, he is purposely photobombing much of the presser.

I want to slap them upside the head.

At the very least, I want to know their names and positions.

Can anybody help me with that information? I am thoroughly pissed

Last edited:
Good presser... by the spokesperson.

I want to know who that ****ole and his ********* or whatever gal to the right in the background are doing the entire time they're doing the presser.

They are laughing and snickering and doing stuff that is so very unprofessional the. Entire. Presser!!.

I want to slap them upside the head.

At the very least, I want to know their names and positions.

Can anybody help me with that information? I am thoroughly pissed

I wish El Paso would give a similar presser. I was pretty impressed.....

IMO the laughing/smiling is just a way of controlling their emotions and keep them from bursting into tears.
This is an emotionally taxing situation to be in control of and they most likely are sleep deprived.
The woman is the mayor of Dayton.
I would wait to judge their emotions for a few days. MOO

From the above link:

“A tragic 24 hrs for our country. Our thoughts & condolences are with everyone affected by this senseless gun violence. In Chicago, we are investigating 2 multiple victim shootings in the Ogden District & there is no known connection to El Paso or Dayton. pic.twitter.com/zEhX3Swx60 — Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) August 4, 2019”

From the above link:

“A tragic 24 hrs for our country. Our thoughts & condolences are with everyone affected by this senseless gun violence. In Chicago, we are investigating 2 multiple victim shootings in the Ogden District & there is no known connection to El Paso or Dayton. pic.twitter.com/zEhX3Swx60 — Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) August 4, 2019”
According to the Chicago Tribune over 1500 people have been shot in Chicago so far this year (thats down 120 from last year). Sadly, this just seems like a typical weekend there.

Not really.

As much as I believe hateful rhetoric fuels and inspires hate crimes many of these losers have murder in them not due to an ideology but due to a defect of soul and character.

I don't know that their ethnicity was why he did what he did. I think mostly it's these are deeply unhappy people who resent the happiness of others. They take out happy fellow high school students, innocent and happy little kids at school, people having a blast at a concert or movie theater. People having fun at a bar. Young couples who are fresh faced and full of life near their college campus, out for a night of fun the loser never enjoys. A sister and her boyfriend and friends who have a life he doesn't.

They may look for an ideology or "cause" to justify what they do but IMO really it's mostly due to a defect of character and a host of complex issues that created the loser who spend hours alone, simmering with rage, believing he is being denied what is rightfully his.
Yep. This!

From the surveillance video he was wearing all black and had a backpack on so I really dont' know how anyone would know what he was wearing unless he was hanging out before hand and people saw him before the shooting. Also why would be handcuffed if he was dead?

It is protocol to handcuff a dangerous suspect first, then check on their condition.

From the above link:

7 wounded in mass shooting near Chicago playground

Eight people shot, one fatally, in same burst of gunfire hours after Douglas Park shooting

Chicago shootings leave 47 shot, 4 fatally; Mt. Sinai Hospital closes emergency room

This has also been a bad weekend for Chicago but it will probably not receive as much news coverage.

Heavy.com on Twitter

Dayton gunman Connor Betts was expelled from high school for creating a hit list of women he wanted to rape and kill, his classmates say. They also say he was a bully who like to scare and torment girls and one called him a "toxically masculine *******":

Hmmmm...I’m thinking about correlations to past shooters as far as being sexually violent, and if these profiles of shooters generally overlap as far as propensities for sexual violence...just making a note in my head about this if I ever pick up that study again. Not feeling too inspired about it, frankly. I think I’m over it.

Last edited:
Hmmmm...I’m thinking about correlations to past shooters as far as being sexually violent, and if these profiles of shooters generally overlap as far as propensities for sexual violence...just making a note in my head about this if I ever pick up that study again. Not feeling too inspired about it, frankly. I think I’m over it.

Or bullying in general. A lot of school shooters and mass killers have a history of engaging in bullying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgam