Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are cruising around A&Ws and lingering, they must be out of ammo as per no dead bodies (that we know of). Maybe the boat attention is a red herring by LE to make the teens think they're not on their trail or to direct the media's attention elsewhere.
The distance from Moose Jaw Saskatchewan to Gillam Manitoba by car is 1363 km. The estimated driving time for the trip is 25 h and the main road for this route is the 280 Highway.
Distance from Moose Jaw to Gillam - Canada

I can't see them hitchhiking for 25 hours without being recognized. They'd need a car. I hope this sighting isn't accurate or we'll soon learn of another dead person.

If they are cruising around A&Ws and lingering, they must be out of ammo as per no dead bodies (that we know of). Maybe the boat attention is a red herring by LE to make the teens think they're not on their trail or to direct the media's attention elsewhere.
Are there any media reports of this possible sighting?

No, I don't think it has anything to do with dead body search vs. take down with potential for violence.

I think most of the press has left the area. Best I can deduce is that there are now 2-3 Canadian news outlets covering the story but most of the press, including all international press, have left the area.

I may be wrong though.
I believe Global News has a team in Gillam or Split Lake and the Globe and Mail has a mobile team that followed the RCMP all the way out to the river search site, and that's it for media now.

No, I don't think it has anything to do with dead body search vs. take down with potential for violence.

I think most of the press has left the area. Best I can deduce is that there are now 2-3 Canadian news outlets covering the story but most of the press, including all international press, have left the area.

I may be wrong though.

I'm guessing the media would find more drama in a takedown involving live suspects than fishing one or two deceased ones from the water.

Anyone else heard of the potential sighting in Moose Jaw tonight? I'm from the area and the Facebook rumour-mill claims they were spotted at the A&W along the Trans-Canada highway. An employee is claiming the RCMP reviewed the footage and believe it was Bryer and Kam. I'll believe it when it's officially announced but I'm still intrigued.

There's supposedly been a large RCMP presence in several smaller Sask. communities as well that people are speculating about. Car searches being done at the turnoff from #1 to #39 highways southeast of Moose Jaw and officers spotted armed with rifles searching the Chamberlain area.

ETA: Sounds like RCMP were also questioning employees specifically about Kam and Bryer at the Flying J down the road. No one there had seen them but police were reviewing their security footage.
I think it's nothing but more hysteria. The RCMP are obligated to investigate anything that is reported to them, so their presence gives no credence to the tip. The fugitives were spotted at ZERO fast food joints when they were "missing" and had their own from-scratch meals in the RAV4 - pork chops, orange peels and tins of food were found in the burned wreckage. Why oh why now that they are being sought would they 1) go to urban areas or 2) suddenly start frequenting fast food joints?

I think it's nothing but more hysteria. The RCMP are obligated to investigate anything that is reported to them, so their presence gives no credence to the tip. The fugitives were spotted at ZERO fast food joints when they were "missing" and had their own from-scratch meals in the RAV4 - pork chops, orange peels and tins of food were found in the burned wreckage. Why oh why now that they are being sought would they 1) go to urban areas or 2) suddenly start frequenting fast food joints?
Do you have a link to where the food scraps were found in the vehicle?

It's pretty sad that innocent people are being "taken down" because of social media hysteria and false tips. Parents stopped at gunpoint with their kids in the car???People on social media that get hyped up over nothing and egg each on to report false leads should wake up and understand that their craziness has real life impacts on people that have nothing to do with this.

Very few suits are worn in the Yukon, maybe if you’re a lawyer, going to court but not much else. I laughed when I initially read the suit could be for a job interview up here. Surely they’d done a bit of research and would quickly figure it out?

In my (very speculative) opinion the suit had more of a symbolic significance for Bryer. First of all, he bought it with one of his first paychecks when most 18 year olds would rather spend their paychecks on literally anything else, so you would think that means it would be important. And if the CBC interview of the alcohol checkpoint officer is accurate and it was the same suit, he a) took it to the Yukon in the first place when there aren't many formal events in the Yukon, and b) specifically transferred it from the first car to the second when they were most likely in a rush to grab belongings and set the first car on fire before being seen. What that symbolic significance was, or whether it can give any insight into the overall mindset of the pair at the time, is anyone's guess.

I'm just chiming in on the height of KM and BS. (I haven't posted on Websleuths in a few years - I'm a bit rusty). I looked at the CCTV footage of them again to try to find a spot where their heights could be guessed against something static when they're both looking straight ahead. Both of them are looking straight ahead as they come around the corner into aisle 19. I looked at the CCTV footage on the Australian ABC site (Military joins hunt for Canadian fugitives as new CCTV footage released). KM turns the corner and he's looking ahead at 00:05. BS turns the corner and looks ahead at about 00:07. It's not exact, but they do look pretty similar in height compared to the silver vertical bar on the right, although BS appears to stoop a bit. I was wondering if the photo where BS appears taller (the photo of them with the pink butterflies) was taken when they were younger and were growing at different rates.

I looked at the video again and you're right, they do look to be similar height compared to that thing on the corner of the shelf. The other photo could have been older maybe.

2) With the teenagers being from BC...is northeast Manitoba and the Nelson River well-known enough that they would even be familiar with the area and the possible difficulties/travails that await them?

Of course...we also have to consider that things didn't quite go as planned as they traveled to (or toward) Whitehorse...and that the teens never planned to be where they are suspected of being/have been spotted.

If you lived in British Columbia, were 18/19 years old but did have some survival skills...is the Nelson River one you would know enough about to possibly develop an in-situ escape plan if you, somehow, found yourself on the run from LE?

As I said before, at this point I only see three options:

a) It was planned and they completely failed in almost every way imaginable at planning it properly (because if they planned it properly, they could have gotten away with it with nobody suspecting them, and not led the cops directly to them). Which means that, of course they probably wouldn't properly research the river conditions in the area either.

b) It was planned but intended to be a suicide mission from the start with various clues to keep LE trailing them until they ended it all in the wilderness and were never found, leaving a mystery for the ages of "did they really get away with it?" In that case potentially drowning in rapids would probably be an attractive possibility to them due to the low likelihood of their remains being found.

c) None of this was planned at all and they were freaking out in total "oh s***" mode the entire time and acting in a reactionary and impulsive way, fleeing to the most remote area they could think of with little to no research (how would they even research because as far as I've heard, they weren't even using cell phones at all after the murders) and that had predictable consequences. Looking back on their actions, I'm suspecting more and more that this is what actually happened.

I can't see them hitchhiking for 25 hours without being recognized. They'd need a car. I hope this sighting isn't accurate or we'll soon learn of another dead person.

Same. I also don't realistically see them being able to kill another person or steal another car in the Gillam area without it being discovered by now, considering the entire community is on high alert. Or to go two weeks on the roads without any confirmed sightings or CCTV footage (they have to stop for gas sometime). The only thing I can think of is maybe if they went through the woods all the way to the Moak Lake or Thompson area around where 280 is, and took a vehicle from there. But that seems highly improbable for a variety of reasons, not least of which is those communities are probably on the lookout for anything suspicious too.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/prince-albert-stop-1.5236228 Apologies if this has been posted. I looked but didn't see. The RCMP are doing their job and these guys have a great attitude.

It's pretty sad that innocent people are being "taken down" because of social media hysteria and false tips. Parents stopped at gunpoint with their kids in the car???People on social media that get hyped up over nothing and egg each on to report false leads should wake up and understand that their craziness has real life impacts on people that have nothing to do with this.

Ok I am so confused by this. Why would the police think a man and woman with two kids could potentially be two teen killers? Plus the guy looks nothing like either of them. This doesn't even make any sense.

Okay, so that Manitoba Hydro document I linked earlier does show where the Lower Limestone Rapids are as well as the Converter Station. Clearly there is a discrepancy here as they are not in the same place. The mislabeling on Google maps has caused some confusion. Not sure which one of the two is where the boat was actually found. Probably the Lower Limestone Rapids.

I have also marked the spot where Sundance Creek (which is marked on the map) crosses the road, which is reportedly near the precise location the RAV4 was found.

source for Manitoba Hydro document with map: https://www.hydro.mb.ca/projects/bi...ow_converter_station_and_ground_electrode.pdf

Thanks! That works with this map. Although the creek path is not clearly marked, it shows the point where it connects with the Nelson River.

upload_2019-8-5_8-33-48.png

If you lived in British Columbia, were 18/19 years old but did have some survival skills...is the Nelson River one you would know enough about to possibly develop an in-situ escape plan if you, somehow, found yourself on the run from LE?

Good question. Could they have acquired the necessary survival skills for a region that is so different from the west side of the Rockies?

There's no mention of them having been in Scouts, or Cadets, or of having taken any northern survival training courses. What real training would they have received? They are only 18/19 yrs old, so their life experiences can't add up to much yet.

It's really not possible to prepare for the insects and muskeg by playing survival games in the lower, western BC forests and parks. They can play Hide and Seek, but I don't see any evidence that either one of the suspects would even feel the need to be taught the mature skills necessary for northern MB.

The problem with being self-taught, is that they wouldn't know the things that they didn't know. Even the dad expected that they would just run into the bush. Well, what could possibly go wrong!

I think that we need to listen to what the locals say about their chances of survival. I don't see a lot of hope from them.

Okay, so that Manitoba Hydro document I linked earlier does show where the Lower Limestone Rapids are as well as the Converter Station. Clearly there is a discrepancy here as they are not in the same place. The mislabeling on Google maps has caused some confusion. Not sure which one of the two is where the boat was actually found. Probably the Lower Limestone Rapids.

I have also marked the spot where Sundance Creek (which is marked on the map) crosses the road, which is reportedly near the precise location the RAV4 was found.

source for Manitoba Hydro document with map: https://www.hydro.mb.ca/projects/bi...ow_converter_station_and_ground_electrode.pdf

I noticed where structures or their locations are sometimes mislabeled or incorrect on google maps too. It’s not uncommon,

Thanks for the map! Yes the boat was reported to have found near the lower Limestone rapids.
RCMP divers arrive in Gillam to search section of Nelson River after damaged rowboat found

Ok I am so confused by this. Why would the police think a man and woman with two kids could potentially be two teen killers? Plus the guy looks nothing like either of them. This doesn't even make any sense.

After posting this and looking at it again, I agree. The cop said that the guy resembled one of the suspects. Also, another ridiculous thing: Who tells a 2 - 4 year-old to watch his "sibling"? This whole episode is quite bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt