TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the previous page there was comment about WalMart selling guns. It is getting harder to buy anything at WalMart because they have such a shoplifting problem. I can't buy makeup at WalMart anymore. It's all locked...just like the freaking spray paint!! No way will I summon a clerk to come unlock a case, when I can purchase the same stuff at my local grocery store or Walgreens without it being treated like a "controlled substance".

So, I decide to go there yesterday. This time, I decide to buy clothes. When I get to the dressing room, they have remodeled the dressing rooms, so that there are only 3 stalls for the entire store!! Parents were sneaking in clothes for their kids. Then a lady got mad at me cuz I was upset at having to wait a half hour.

Their garden supplies have taken a nose dive over the past 10 years. The plants are in horrific shape. There really doesn't seem any reason for me to go into WalMart anymore and I live 3 miles from WalMart. Maybe guns is all they will be able to sell at the rate they are going.

ETA: My BIL is an optometrist at WalMart. He had to buy a cheap wallet during his lunch break. Guess what??? They were all locked up. Next they'll be locking up toothpaste.

Rant over!
I don’t know where you live, but I have been in many Walmart’s in several states and the goods are not locked up. They are on racks and shelves like in any other stores.

@Cryptic
Quote: "Has Dick's suffered a lot from their decision?"

Answer: Yes...Millions of dollars in quarterly loses have been seen by Dick's, provided in the link.

Cryptic Quote: "Here is a quote from that source. The financial analyst does not believe that Dicks will suffer significant negative long term effects from their decision not to sell assault style weapons."

Answer: I don't know what that has to do with the original question. Dick's suffered loses. What happens in the future is a forecast and was not asked in the original question.

Cryptic Quote: "Good grief....You presented the source as being reliable to prove your statement. Yet when that same source contradicts your statement, it is no longer reliable."

Answer: The link provided shows quarterly loses that have been recorded. If Dick's Sporting Goods earnings have stabilized, or predictions are for a rebound in the future, that does not negate the facts that were provided reporting the quarterly loses.

Recurring quarterly loses may be significant to me, and not to you. C'est la vie

MOO all searching around for a reason is basically a defense attorneys job.

He is a man who decided to kill a lot of people. He wrote a letter stating why. Basically, it had the attributes of a gang killing.

Yes, it's interesting, the shift that occurred in my own mindset about this. I think there are just wildly destructive people who have shown warning signs in their youth and went on to be able to access loads of ammo that they shouldn't, IMO. Gang violence, lone-wolf massacres, all facets of the same problem.

Last edited:
@Cryptic
Quote: "Has Dick's suffered a lot from their decision?"

Answer: Yes...Millions of dollars in quarterly loses have been seen by Dick's, provided in the link.

Cryptic Quote: "Here is a quote from that source. The financial analyst does not believe that Dicks will suffer significant negative long term effects from their decision not to sell assault style weapons."

Answer: I don't know what that has to do with the original question. Dick's suffered loses. What happens in the future is a forecast and was not asked in the original question.

Cryptic Quote: "Good grief....You presented the source as being reliable to prove your statement. Yet when that same source contradicts your statement, it is no longer reliable."

Answer: The link provided shows quarterly loses that have been recorded. If Dick's Sporting Goods earnings have stabilized, or predictions are for a rebound in the future, that does not negate the facts that were provided reporting the quarterly loses.

Recurring quarterly loses may be significant to me, and not to you. C'est la vie

Corporations are businesses, guns doesn't bring the return on the floor space, if they did, Dicks would still carry them.
Guns are an expensive item highly technical have huge number of models, mods, added items as well as ammo. Guns need skilled salespeople to sell them. Cabelas etc. have emerged to compete for that retail sector and basically specialty hunting sports stores like Cabelas have won that sector.

Yes, it's interesting, the shift that occurred in my own mindset about this. I think there are just wildly destructive people who have shown warning signs in their youth and went on to be able to access to loads of ammo that they shouldn't, IMO. Gang violence, lone-wolf massacres, all facets of the same problem.

Good point.

There's over 30 cases of school shooters where SSRIs were involved, a majority of them teenagers which is the group (15-24) that has shown the most being affected by them when it comes to violence.

Read up on Cory Baadsgard. He was 16 and prescribed Paxil, which caused hallucinations. They switched him to Effexor and started off at 40mg and in three weeks his dosage was upped to 300mg. First day of that high dose he took his classmates hostage and thankfully the principal was able to talk him into giving him the gun. He has no recollection of what happened.

James Holmes talked to his psychiatrist multiple times about what was going on in his head to the point where she reported him. For some reason his dosage kept getting upped making him even worse and his journals reflect that.

Robert Wesbecker suffered from depression and was bi-polar. Had attempted suicide multiple times as well as expressed thoughts of harming others. Was on Prozac for a month and committed a mass shooting which led to one of several lawsuits against the maker of Prozac. There's a reason Eli Lilly paid out a reported $50M over lawsuits because of Prozac.

How many more cases of mass shootings do we need to see involving SSRIs before we admit there's a problem with them? Especially with the studies that have shown what the side effects are?

Read what Peter Breggin has written about SSRIs and violence. He's a psychiatrist who's written books about it, has been an expert witness in multiple trials of mass shooters where SSRIs have been involved. SSRIs aren't involved in every mass shooting but the ones where they are involved in, they've played a prevalent roll in them

I wonder what the difference is in Europe and European colonies. Does Japan use these drugs?

This article from Cosmopolitan was linked in my NYT app this morning and has some interesting information about online hate and radicalization. I will alert a mod in case Cosmo isn’t considered MSM. I’m never quite sure about magazines! Lol

This Top-Secret Investigator Infiltrates Hate Groups Online
This was a great read, Thanks for sharing it!

I love the internet for more reasons than I could ever even articulate.
The benefits are vast and amazing...

One aspect I really enjoy is education.

Almost anything you wish to learn, cooking, carpentry, art, music, languages, ect... The tutorials are out there.

Unfortunately some twisted people wish to be murderers, of various sorts, and there are "tutorials" for that as well.

I can't stress enough how important I think paying attention to social media content is! (How many times, have we here on WS, looked at a murderer's sm account and thought "well, you could see that coming!")...

How many cases of violent attacks could have been foretold by careful scrutiny of a victims sm? (Nicole Lovell comes immediately to mind.).

Is was fantastic to read about the work of this investigator, who has, no doubt, already saved countless lives by paying careful attention, over weeks and months, to dark changes in certain individuals online postings.

Although surveillance techniques have been around eons, I still think there is room for expanding the science of prevention, particularly starting at very basic internet profiles.

This murderous hate tends to grow, like cancer. We need better screening to catch it earlier, without trampling, unnecessarily on rights and freedoms .

Last edited:
The problem I have with theories surrounding bullying and prescription drugs and mental illness is that women equally experience all those things. And yet, the number of male mass shooters and those who commit homicides in general is disproportionate to the US population.

Statistics have been consistent in reporting that men commit more criminal acts than women. In 76% of violent incidents, the victim perceived the offender to be male according to the 2017 national crime victimization study done by the U.S. Department of Justice. A database of 101 mass shootings between 1982 and 2018 recorded 98 male shooters, 2 female shooters, and one partnership of a male and female shooter.

This article discusses the various factors at play that could explain the rate of male mass shooters and the phenomena behind it.
Why are white men carrying out more mass shootings?

Some choice quotes include:

"If you look at the motivation that we know about it does seem to be that men handle their catastrophic loss and self esteem worse than women. Professor Wilson added that men tend to have fewer support networks outside the family unit and their workplace", said Professor David Wilson, a criminologist at Birmingham City University.

"Women tend to see violence as a last resort, as a self-defence mechanism. You use violence if you have to, if there's no other way out. "Men tend to use violence as an offensive weapon, to show them who's boss." - James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University

You can disagree with the assertions above but it is definitely puzzling how the statistics around these mass shooters present.

good article/point.
I know plenty of reasons why women would be pretty filled with rage but still aren't shooting up malls (not yet at least.)

I wonder if Patrick Crusius may have had history of bullying like with Connor Betts.

I know many mass killers have history of bullying like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Elliot Rodger, Nikolas Cruz, Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Charles Whitman, Seung-Hui Cho, and Osama bin Laden.

Curious if they always bullies, or were bullied then started bullying others?

:mad::mad::mad:

Man charged with making terrorist threat in Morgan County

According to court documents, Marr said, "If you ask me, Patrick did us a favor."

Patrick Crusius is the accused shooter in El Paso where 22 people were killed on Aug. 3.

Marr then allegedly signed onto a computer for about an hour, then left. The employee said Marr's search history showed he was searching for Crusius' manifesto, court documents said. The employee said Marr was hissing to himself while he was searching at the computer.

:mad::mad::mad:

Man charged with making terrorist threat in Morgan County

According to court documents, Marr said, "If you ask me, Patrick did us a favor."

Patrick Crusius is the accused shooter in El Paso where 22 people were killed on Aug. 3.

Marr then allegedly signed onto a computer for about an hour, then left. The employee said Marr's search history showed he was searching for Crusius' manifesto, court documents said. The employee said Marr was hissing to himself while he was searching at the computer.
Wow. Second degree terrorist threat?
(Guy looks like he's on deaths door...just as an aside).

But I'd like to know when an unpopular opinion, even a astoundingly cruel, idiotic one, became a crime. Was it a threat? But then again he did "hiss" while looking up info so there's that.

Morgan County Miss
Wow. Second degree terrorist threat?
(Guy looks like he's on deaths door...just as an aside).

But I'd like to know when an unpopular opinion, even a astoundingly cruel, idiotic one, became a crime. Was it a threat? But then again he did "hiss" while looking up info so there's that.

Missouri police arrested him. I will
give the police the benefit of the doubt.

Morgan County Miss

Missouri police arrested him. I will
give the police the benefit of the doubt.
My guess is, they want to hold the guy until they're sure he's not going to follow suit, and if it's not exactly legal is that ok with us now?

It's just a question...

Last edited:
wow. this is just bizarre...

"Captain Williams writes in the probable cause statement the home was "untidy," with clothes on the floor, or furniture and trash scattered around."

errmm...so which is it Captain? clothes or furniture and trash? And why is that relevant exactly ?
Man charged with making terroristic threats after behavior, internet search history at Versailles, Mo. library
Maybe it's meant to say "and" instead of or.
Excessive clutter, especially when it includes garbage or anything unsanitary, is a symptom of hoarding, which can indicate a mental health disorder.
(Compulsive Hoarding Disorder)
It's not a disorder that would suggest violence, though. Imo

Maybe it's meant to say "and" instead of or.
Excessive clutter, especially when it includes garbage or anything unsanitary, is a symptom of hoarding, which can indicate a mental health disorder.
(Compulsive Hoarding Disorder)
It's not a disorder that would suggest violence, though. Imo
And? Is hoarding disorder an indication of "second degree terrorism" ?

My guess is, they want to hold the guy until they're sure he's not going to follow suit, and if it's not exactly legal it's that ok with us now?

It's just a question...
Well, I think since studies show that mass shooters research, idolize and imitate other shooters it's not a bad idea.
It's no different than what they do when they suspect and arrest any other type of terrorist. Imo

Hmm... Wonder if LE has had him in their sites for some time. Don't think this guy just popped up on their radar in such a small, rural county.
They probably wanted to bring him in on something, and this is it. Now they can get the psych evaluation they've wanted. MOO...

And? Is hoarding disorder an indication of "second degree terrorism" ?
No, not at all. As I said, it's not a disorder that would suggest a tendency to be violent.

But since about 50% of all mass shooters were found to have mental health problems this is one of the factors many have in common.
Of the shooters with mental health histories, none of them had a disorder that would suggest violence, either.

Adam Lanza had extensive therapy and treatment by psychiatrists but nothing that would indicate a tendency for violent behavior. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose