Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop confusing me please. :)
Could it be both?

And in reading that quote again, it does, or could, read like ISP Carter was saying a combination of the photo and new sketch. Another poster quite aways back though quote him and ir sounded like he was speaking about a combination of the two sketches. Maybe a difference in the journalist writing the articles?

"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

Somewhere between the two sketches. So about age 37?

So I confirmed what I had recalled. DG first saw FSG by the trailhead and then again he "passed the older gentlemen" (FSG) by the Freedom Bridge.

23:13 mark.

I have no idea where it was said that FSG saw BG twice.

From timeline, post 127 on this thread

"3:02
Possible suspect is seen at Freedom Bridge (not sure by whom?)."

There are four sources referred to in that post, Two GH videos, another video and a four page typed transcript. I don't know in which source the 3.02 witnessing of BG is mentioned but it looks like it does not specify who that witness was anyway. Maybe the poster @Theforeigner will remember to save us looking thru all four sources just to find out the witness is not specified. As FSG was seen by DG coming back from FB we might assume it was him because the timing fits. I don't think it is important enough to need to know at this point as we do know he was seen earlier at 2.52 by FSG, as well as earlier by an unnamed cemetery witness right?

Tresir, I've tried twice to reply to your post but nothing is there in the reply...idk, maybe both will pop up suddenlyo_O

Unless he was messed up on meth or some other stuff and doesn't remember. Could that happen? I remember Kevin Sweat when he shot the two girls on the side of the road, he said he thought they were monsters.

Taylor and Skylar were the girls names. I will post the link to the thread.

I found the thread regarding the two girls Taylor and Skyla. There are quite a few different threads but I think this is the main one, for anyone interested.

Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

“There’s a lot of false information out there,” Holeman confirms. “Social media, although not new… does impede our investigation. Like when people put up side-by-side photos of innocent people—or, at least, people with no ties to the state of Indiana or Delphi—which creates false [information]. People believe it [though] because it’s on the internet.”

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

I know we've all seen this before, but I think it's a good reminder that a lot of the information we discuss here is not hard and fast evidence. The facts that "haven't been released" may just as well have not been released to the family, either. The SM factor, including witnesses, and the family talking to Renner and GH, etc., might only force LE quieter.

Some of the SM linked information includes the 2:07 SC photo time, the witness statements, and the reenactments.

Here's a few links to LE released information:

Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect
Their Multi-Agency Task Force provided the following points of clarification after Monday’s informational news conference:

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies
In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

THE SUSPECT: Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair. On Monday, Indiana State Police released a new composite photo of a new suspect, putting his age in his mid-20s to late-30s. Images and video on Libby German’s cellphone show a man walking across Monon High Bridge that day, wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket and a hat. Police also release a recording, taken from Libby’s phone, of a man saying, “Guys, down the hill.”

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
"When we decided that, through the information we received, that we were going to release the second sketch I don’t believe the individual knew we were going to do that. So it was really, really important. I think he was probably there and/or watching, simply because he thought we were on the wrong path," Carter said.

"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

"Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional, but I think of Abby and Libby all the time." - Carter

FBI Billboard about halfway down the page:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

I have always wondered about FSG. Does LE have his information? Did they verify it? Did FSG help in the search? This guy has gotten my attention more than a few times. I wish someone can just fill in the blanks here. MOO

FSG is a known person around the trails. I have seen it said he and his brothers have been very instrumental in the maintenance and development of the trails.

Well even that is not clear. A combination of the two sketches. So is the hat to be considered now or not, as before.

Also 5'6 -5'10". Surely they could get that much more accurate directly from the video?

ETA. I see the Suspect description does indeed include a hat.
"Images and video on Libby German’s cellphone show a man walking across Monon High Bridge that day, wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket and a hat."

So, what type of hat?

Last edited:
March 2017:
FBI putting together profile of suspect accused of killing Delphi teens
The FBI profile currently in the works will give police a better idea of who they’re looking for.

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does.

July 2017:
UPDATE: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths

A sketch authorities released Monday of a man considered the main suspect in the February killings of two northern Indiana girls was drawn in part from descriptions provided by someone who saw the suspect around the time the girls were slain, a sheriff said.

The composite sketch depicts a white man with a prominent nose and a goatee who's wearing a cap and what appears to be a hooded sweater. Police said the suspect has reddish-brown hair, stands between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10 and weighs between 180 and 220 pounds.

Last edited:
Another from March 2017:

FBI putting together profile of suspect accused of killing Delphi teens
The FBI profile currently in the works will give police a better idea of who they’re looking for.

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. “We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does.
So why can't LE work out his real height with all this science? And a Parabon sketch with his DNA? Ignore the hat for two years now a hat is in the description. I can't make out what is going on here with LE.

I C/P this from a @Jax49 Post in thread 108. (We went thru all this two threads ago.)

In this interview Indiana State Police Superintendent Carter clears up his opinion on the two sketches. About the 4:10 mark, he talks about when the perp is caught, he will be somewhere between the two sketches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member