CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dbdb11, when you say the kennel confirmed it, do you mean the kennel confirmed that LE had contacted them, or did you mean that they confirmed something else?
I thought he meant the kennel confirmed they were planning to go away for five days, since that's what you were asking in your post.
Now I guess I'm not sure. Imo

Bringing this over from the media thread.
Map from home in Bullhead City to Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd: Google Maps
Two things catch my eye. First, this is right near the "Bagdad Cafe", famous for the movie of the same name. But relative to this case, the "Pisgah Lava Tubes" just jump out at me.

Anyone know much about these "lava tubes?"

Amateur opinion and speculation

ETA: Dang, their home is out in the middle of nowhere! I took a "walk" around with Instant Street View, and you definitely are remote out there. Honestly, it gives me the creeps. No offense to anyone who finds living in the middle of nowhere in the desert appealing!

But RT does not sound too active. At least a reward would help and would show he cared that is, if he has the funds for one.

He just bought a $40-60,000 truck and similarly priced Fifth Wheel RV. He could sell the RV and offer a reward.

I won't say anything else about what he might sell, as the rest is not public.

Super great he's aware of the mines in the area, & if there could be any, & where they're likely to be found to know that this particular area didn't have any. Great to know he did his research!

And lovely to know he is oh-so-knowledgeable about the geology of the area

Yeah. Maybe I'm getting a little too hinkied-out here.

Barbara is SOMEWHERE

JMO

There are certainly mines (and lava tubes) not far south of where Barbara was said to go missing.

Take a look at Mojave Trails National Preserve (which is indeed Baghdad Café territory). Well known area with a small tour from the I-40 - but more isolated than Kelbaker Rd in many of its sections).

He could do any number of things to come up with the reward money.

I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Def not holding my breath. Ala Scott Peterson, he will not be putting up flyers, setting up a reward fund, or putting BT's info on electronic billboards, etc. He'll be looking at the golf course. Or at the Loser's Lounge. MOO

There are certainly mines (and lava tubes) not far south of where Barbara was said to go missing.

Take a look at Mojave Trails National Preserve (which is indeed Baghdad Café territory). Well known area with a small tour from the I-40 - but more isolated than Kelbaker Rd in many of its sections).
I don't know why I've never heard of these lava tubes before, but this is new to me. Are they underground cave formations from lava eruptions, or is this an active lava site, or?

I don't know why I've never heard of these lava tubes before, but this is new to me. Are they underground cave formations from lava eruptions, or is this an active lava site, or?
I Googled. They are pretty cool. The only lava tubes I have explored were in Hawaii. What happens is this: When the lava recedes, the path where the lava flowed becomes a "tube" or a cave.

July 22.

Also, I don't know anything about the Pisgah Lava Caves, but they're about an hour's drive from Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd. Google Maps

That's one reason I'm so interested in the actual timeline. If dispatch *received* his call at 3:26 pm and they left at 8:15 am, and they walked for just 2 miles (let's say an hour)...there's a lot of missing time. Most people who live out there would know Pisgah Lava Caves (and other similar features, maybe).

That's one reason I'm so interested in the actual timeline. If dispatch *received* his call at 3:26 pm and they left at 8:15 am, and they walked for just 2 miles (let's say an hour)...there's a lot of missing time. Most people who live out there would know Pisgah Lava Caves (and other similar features, maybe).
Yes, I'd think so too. I'm just a little confused about where this is going. Do you think she's in the Lava Tubes? MOO

Timeline wise, the last time BT was seen by anyone other than RT to the best of our knowledge is ~8:15 and they were leaving for their trip of unknown duration at this time.

He could just offer $100,000 for her safe return.
IMO

Sad to say it, but RT could go ahead and offer a million bucks for her safe return at this point.

The overwhelming odds are that his money would be perfectly safe.

The reason his money would be safe is because the overwhelming odds are that BT will never be returning safe from anywhere again.

JMO.

Sad to say it, but RT could go ahead and offer a million bucks for her safe return at this point.

The overwhelming odds are that his money would be perfectly safe.

The reason his money would be safe is because the overwhelming odds are that BT will never be returning safe from anywhere again.

JMO.

Absolute
jmho

BBM

I brought this time gap up quite awhile ago, but people seemed to think it was reasonable. Various ideas...they stopped for breakfast, shopped for supplies, etc.

As a former RVer I’ll just say that the usual plan is to do your shopping without the rig attached, hitch up and get on the road after breakfast. Running errands with an RV is just not something you normally do unless there is a big parking lot and it’s something you have to do (like drop off the dog) that can’t wait until you detach the truck.

I’m not saying it never happens, but I really think the time gap would be better explained by a stop along the road to eat lunch and to see something like the Pisgah Lava Caves or another interesting site along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll