Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they would have watched these videos together before the trip and Nora just couldn't wait to get out there and try this. Looks really difficult though!

Could it be possible that they have already been to the waterfall on the day they arrived? She was wearing a cardigan as if she just arrived from Europe and still without a tan in that photo. Is it the same waterfall?
upload_2019-8-13_10-16-16.pngupload_2019-8-13_10-16-49.jpeg
It follows the disappearance of Nora, who has learning difficulties, from her hotel room at some point between 7am on Saturday, August 3, and 8am on Sunday, August 4.
Malaysian police not treating Irish teen’s disappearance as abduction - but family suspects ‘criminal activity’ | The Irish Post
So, it appears the photo had to be taken August 3. From the grandfather’s early statement, I was under the impression they went to bed shortly after arriving. I wish the details of their arrival day were released. Since Nora was so excited to see the waterfall, it seems like it would have happened shortly after arrival.

“In the morning, the window was open and she had disappeared, whereas after an 18-hour flight and a seven-hour time difference you would sleep soundly and not go for a stroll at night.”

"Everyone went to bed tired, and in the morning Nora wasn't there... This is a young girl with a mild handicap who is rather timid, reserved. She is someone very fearful.”
Missing Nora Quoirin would 'absolutely not' have ran off, says grandfather - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Last edited:
I hope that whatever happened is plainly obvious to the coroner who does the autopsy tomorrow. My feeling is that she left of her own volition and perished. She was excited to see the waterfalls. She is also 15. The age when even a teenager with disabilities can show independence by doing things no one would ever think of beforehand. My neighbor growing up had a very bad brain injury from a car accident when she was only 3 years old. She had many of the same issues Nora’s parents mentioned. Around the time she turned 14, it was like a switch was turned on. She became boy crazy and fearless. Her parents actually asked me to watch over her at our private Catholic school. It was a constant job making sure she didn’t escape to go behind the bushes with one boy or another. Neither her parents nor mine believed me at first but I know what I witnessed and lived for a year until she was caught by a teacher and finally put into a special education public school. I’m not saying this couldn’t have been an abduction of some sort. I’m just saying that she also could have walked out on her own even if she never displayed independent behavior before. I hope the coroner/authorities figure this out quickly for her parents’ sake. I can’t even begin to imagine how heartbroken they must be.

RIP dear Nora. What a tragedy. I have lots to catch up with, but before I do:
I have read somewhere that mom had spoken a lot about this particular waterfall and that Nora wanted to visit it because of that. I' ll look up the link.

Having said the above, there is no way that Nora would have been able to find that waterfall all by herself and in the dark!!!

Who said that? I haven't seen such a clear statement anywhere. Even if she was naked, the condition she has can cause seizures. Like in the Gaia Pope case, people thought she was behaving oddly and this was due to seizures, she had taken her clothes off ( you can get hot before a seizure).

'if' the witness did see her swimming and the family told searchers said she was excited about the waterfall, then I think the most logical theory is that she wandered.

It's on The Sun website. The article states the police said Nora was found completely naked. I hear what you're saying about Gaia having seizures, and, maybe Nora too

So now we have two different reports.

One says the volunteer group had planned to go to the waterfall today, because they had heard that Nóra was interested in seeing it.

The second report says the police received a call on the hot line, a man who told them he had seen a body ..and, based on that call, the police then asked the volunteers to go to the waterfall.

It seems Nora's physical ability was sort of underestimated by the people who knew her best. I wonder how she would have successfully navigated her way to the waterfall, was there signage along the way for tourists?

I'm still keeping my mind open to what exactly happened...
I I
I questioned the parents assessment of her abilities. She was no longer a child and would be coming more independent as a teenager. They all start testing the boundaries.

Yesterday people were saying Nora wouldn't have been able to use the stairs in the villa, so how do they think she could take this trek to the waterfall unaided?

Only some were saying that. I for one was saying that she obviously managed to navigate the stairs upward, so it follows she could also get down. Had she not been able to do either then it is highly unlikely she would have been allocated a room above ground level.

Such sad news for Nora and her family. I wonder when the searchers first looked for her at the site where her body was found. That might help determine how long she had been there, and possibly how long she had been deceased (although not necessarily). It will be helpful to find the night clothes she had on when she went to bed that first night (and determine the condition they’re in) and I hope that happens sooner rather than later or not at all.

The postmortem will hopefully answer some questions (time of death, maybe cause and/or manner of death, injuries). Then perhaps toxicology results will further refine the pathologists findings. I certainly hope the family receives answers to all their questions, or at least to as many as possible.

It’s such a mystery as to how Nora came to rest where she was found. She certainly didn’t know how to find the waterfall (from what I understand), and even if she knew where it was, she would have needed help getting there as it is a mile away from her accommodations, and not an easy walk in the dark (or daytime). If someone was involved in Nora’s disappearance (and I think that’s likely from my point of view), I hope they’re identified and swiftly brought to justice.

RIP dear Nora. What a tragedy. I have lots to catch up with, but before I do:
I have read somewhere that mom had spoken a lot about this particular waterfall and that Nora wanted to visit it because of that. I' ll look up the link.

Having said the above, there is no way that Nora would have been able to find that waterfall all by herself and in the dark!!!

In the dark?
Do you know something we don't? It's unclear at what time she went missing so saying it was 'in the dark' isn't based on facts.

It's on The Sun website. The article states the police said Nora was found completely naked. I hear what you're saying about Gaia having seizures, and, maybe Nora too

I get that the media have reported that but the actual words the police said were
"not in any clothing". To me that's different than 'naked'. English is a 2nd language here. They may have meant 'no clothing'.. but don't include under garments as clothing.

I wonder if they would have watched these videos together before the trip and Nora just couldn't wait to get out there and try this. Looks really difficult though!

These are my thoughts too, it would have been prudent to show a child such as Nora many video's and pictures etc to prepare her for the holiday. I also consider that there may have been visual signage around the resort and waterfall area.

Such a sad turn of events. :(

One says the volunteer group had planned to go to the waterfall today, because they had heard that Nóra was interested in seeing it.

The second report says the police received a call on the hot line, a man who told them he had seen a body ..and, based on that call, the police then asked the volunteers to go to the waterfall.

A 3rd report: Sky showed the man who apparently found her take a policeman to the site on his motorbike to show them

Here are 2 links about that waterfall and mom:
We hadden opgevangen dat ze heel graag naar die waterval wilde gaan”, vertelt Shirley Yap. “Blijkbaar had haar moeder er heel wat over verteld. We volgden daarom de stroom
Privacy settings

Hours before the body was found volunteer searcher Shirley Yap told how she was going to look around a waterfall. She said: "We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

"We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain."

It is believed the waterfall is an hour and 20 minute walk away from the Dusun Rainforest Resort.
Body found 'resembles' missing Nora Quoirin as parents travel to mortuary

The person who called the hotline could have been a hiker. According to Daily Mail the hiking group set off at 12.30. If one of them saw a body and hiked back that could be the phone call at 2pm.

"Hours before the body was found, volunteer Shirley Yap told MailOnline she was setting off to search around the waterfall having been told Nora was 'excited' to see the attraction.

'We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain'.

The group of 22 volunteers were from Serenbam Hiking Club, who later found the body, are experienced in trekking through the jungle.

They stocked up on water and supplies before heading off to the waterfall about a mile from the resort at around 12.30pm local time.
''

If she had wandered out of the villa early after dawn by herself as she saw a cat or animal through the window, maybe someone who heard the day before that she wanted to see the waterfalls offer to take her there to lure her away? A report said the evening before the kids were playing by the villa so she might have felt comfortable to pop outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa