CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Everyone,

Please do not discuss why your post was removed, why it should not have been removed, why you are not going to participate or anything to do with you personally.
This thread is about a missing person. Not about announcing you are leaving or arguing why your post should not have been removed..
It is an easy rule to follow. Discuss the topic and do not turn the discussion into all about you. From here on out time outs or bans will be given for this type of infraction.
Thank you
Tricia

Paul Miller went missing under similar circumstances (please don't list all the way these 2 are dissimilar, I know they are NOT the same set of circumstances) over 1 year ago... still missing out there in the desert after hiking...

THREAD 2: CA - CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #2

THREAD 3: CA - CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree Natl Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018 #3

I share Paul's thread again just for everyone to keep in mind that many people (there are many, many others) go hiking and don't come back... for myriad of reasons... under myriad of circumstances.

And often, after time - sometimes a very long time - remains are found.

I am hoping that BT is safe somewhere - and Paul Miller also, and Paul Batson, too for that matter (thread here: MT - MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater County, 29 April 2018)... or they could ALL be missing with completely different outcomes and scenarios.

It is a little tiny bit odd that in BT's case, (a woman missing) there rests a shadow of doubt over some of the stories told by those close to her and yet, with the other 2 Pauls, (2 men missing) for the most part, there is very little suspicion, just a desperation to find them.

I am not sure what time RT called 911 to report BT missing, but think I have read people alluding to it being suspicious that he didn't call right away. Imho, calling right away would have made him seem much more suspicious. LE knows what the usual timeframe is for calling in missing persons under such circumstances, and if it varied greatly from that without some kind of a weird explanation, I think it would act as a red flag for them. jmo. (Is that correct that he told the relatives he'd gotten concerned around noon and called 911, but the report says it was actually hours later? - if so, that is a red flag to me in itself.)

Does anyone know if there have been subsequent searches after the initial search time frame?
None that have been reported but that's a question on the list we compiled for reporters. The email addresses are in the media thread if you'd like to help get answers to questions like that one. (Forgive me if you have reached out to the media already, I don't know.) :) MOO

1) BT wandered off course, farther than anyone would expect and happened across an animal, mine shaft, cave or some feature from which she was unable to escape or BT succumbed to natural cause at a distance.

2) BT was abducted along the path between the rock formation(s) and the turnout.

3) BT disappeared and is remaining out of sight/quiet on purpose.

4) RT. Enough said for this item.

For which do you vote?

It is likely LE has been attempting to dig up every possible detail regarding time line, location and potential motive(s) but... silence silence silence.

I am not sure what time RT called 911 to report BT missing, but think I have read people alluding to it being suspicious that he didn't call right away. Imho, calling right away would have made him seem much more suspicious. LE knows what the usual timeframe is for calling in missing persons under such circumstances, and if it varied greatly from that without some kind of a weird explanation, I think it would act as a red flag for them. jmo. (Is that correct that he told the relatives he'd gotten concerned around noon and called 911, but the report says it was actually hours later? - if so, that is a red flag to me in itself.)
Per dbdb11's sister, RT said he called about noon. Per the dispatch log, the call came in at 3:26 p.m.

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

Per dbdb11's sister, RT said he called about noon. Per the dispatch log, the call came in at 3:26 p.m.

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL
That's quite a discrepancy! I wonder why he would have stated such a different time? Has he said at what time she actually became separated from him?

ETA: I have no idea the time diff btwn San Bernardino and HK, but is it possible RT could have been translating the time of his 911 call into HK time for the relatives?

BBM:

It occurs to me that we really have no idea how much time elapsed between the time BT went missing and the time RT called 911.

Especially given the fact that we don't even really know what time she went missing.

JMO.

Last edited:
That's quite a discrepancy! I wonder why he would have stated such a different time? Has he said at what time she actually became separated from him?

ETA: I have no idea the time diff btwn San Bernardino and HK, but is it possible RT could have been translating the time of his 911 call into HK time for the relatives?
3:23 PM Tuesday now at my home in AZ; same time as California. 6:23 AM Wednesday in HK right now

ETA: They are 15 hours in the future; to RT’s credit, those time differences always are confusing to our family when traveling to Europe or Australia

BBM:

It's a huge discrepancy.

And not for one moment do I think it's b/c he was converting the time she went missing into HK time.
It wouldn't make any sense for him to do that.

JMO.

Last edited:
No witnesses at all that we know of. There may have been witness camping or driving by but we have no report of any person speaking up.
Just RT words and body language to go by.
We do know what time LE was called by RT and what time they arrived for the first search.
jmo

No witnesses at all that we know of. There may have been witness camping or driving by but we have no report of any person speaking up.
Just RT words and body language to go by.
We do know what time LE was called by RT and what time they arrived for the first search.
jmo
We actually don't know when they arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member