Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to say something - as I tend to do while you much more well-versed sleuths discuss things over my head... ;)

But, you know: I wonder: (yep you really care right?) Anyway....here we have video & audio of, presumably, the perp....how often does that happen??

And yet: no arrests

Sometimes I think this audio/video has hampered the investigation......That it's put something in minds that should be empty to find the truth of the situation

They already have a bias - & that's proved wrong. The first sketch...now the new one

I think this 'evidence' has perhaps curtailed if not outright stymied the investigation

If it helped: the perp would have been arrested already...

I cannot help wonder that if there were zero video or audio of the man on the bridge that we just might already have the perp arrested.....?

Eh. I don't know. Like I said. What do I know? Nada mucho folks

Just very frustrated here

JMO

It's actually happened quite a few times, and though it usually means a faster ID and arrest, in some cases the public remains flummoxed (see the Missy Bevers' case).

I think you're right about the video/still throwing people off. It could literally be almost anyone. Dude has to be one of the luckiest men alive right now because his looks and clothing are general and ageless. Also the disagreements over his facial features and what he may/may not be carrying or have on him. If I saw an image like that and my instinct was to say, "Hey, that looks like Jerry, the farmer next door", it would be hard for me to call it in because Jerry's a nice guy and I don't think he'd hurt a flea. So I'd already be on the fence about what I saw. But then I hear 10 people totally convinced that he has a beard and glasses I might think,"Well I don't really see those but everyone's pretty convinced...I guess I was wrong. Jerry doesn't wear glasses and has short hair. Good thing I didn't call it in!" Don't think people really do this? They do. They'll err on the side of caution and talk themselves out of calling, especially if the crime is particularly heinous, because they're afraid they may be wrong. People look for reasons to be talk themselves out of it being the person they know and it doesn't take much to sway them.

Just because WE haven't heard about someone (or more than one person even) identifying BG and/or a relevant vehicle doesn't mean it hasn't happened already.

Regarding use of mouth cam, I don't think the Guys & DTH utterances necessarily occurred at the same time as the BG video. I for one don't believe they did. For all we know, DTH was said early on, other unknown events ensued, BG feigned leaving and hung back, then video taken a while later.

I wonder when LE will next offer anything to the public in the way of an update or query or info.

It is hard to believe 2 1/2 yrs has passed. I have been following daily since day 2.

I appreciate ALL on here continuing to share thoughts, ideas, questions, speculation. I especially appreciate those who are so good at pulling up past links, photos, etc.

I too wonder if and when we will hear from LE again. I’m dreading the possibility of another press conference on the third anniversary next February appealing for that “one tip”. Every day I dread coming on here just in case he has killed again.

BBM

I am not convinced that he hasn't been identified. I think there's a very good chance that someone HAS identified BG and either hasn't called the tip in, called it in and it got lost in the shuffle or someone didn't take it seriously enough to investigate, or it was investigated but was pushed aside for whatever reason (guy had a solid alibi, DNA didn't match, etc).

As I posted the other day, the public identified the guy in the sketch (as well as the vehicle) in the Shauna Howe case and LE even considered 3 different men as POIs on different occasion. Two were thrown out, however, because they were in jail the day of the crime and the third, the one identified in the sketch, didn't match the DNA. Twelve years later and they're arresting all 3: the DNA didn't match the sketch guy but it matched the two brothers-brothers who HAD been in jail that same day but had bonded out just a few hours before the crime was committed. LE never took their DNA to match it and nobody thought to look and make sure that they were incarcerated the whole day. That's a good example of an alibi that seems rock solid at face value, but isn't quite what it looks.

And then there are the sketches. It's no wonder they haven't had an arrest yet-for 2 years the public was looking for a completely different person.

Different cases, different sketches, different location, different circumstances, different detectives.

"The sketch could literally be anyone." In my opinion that is why the case has not been solved. I think if law enforcement does have a tip of who this bridge guy suspect is, it is probably a general tip that does not have a name or address associated with it.

I think people often try and fit information into sketches to make it fit the right suspect description of what they see. So maybe someone has recognized him or maybe they have not.

There are many different possibilities especially when one sketch does not look like the other sketch and the video does not look like either sketch(in my opinion). So either keep using the sketches/video and hope to get lucky with a tip about the right person. Maybe that happens someday. Or figure out a different way to identify this bridge guy suspect.

So the problem here in my opinion is this: The anybody problem. The sketch could literally be anyone.

But it isn't. It is just one man.

I’ve been watching a lot of “Evil Lives Here” as usual...it’s so common these predators take out of town trips, their families think they’re taking business trips and have no idea these SKs are planning and living these dual lives....

Point is some specifically travel for these purposes.

If you guys had to venture how far BG currently lives from the crime scene, what would you say, in your opinions?

We know obviously a familiarity and/or tie to/ history with Delphi is likely...

Where do you guys think BG is now? Out of state? Close by? “Hiding in plain sight”? Out of the country? Close but not too close? Far but not too far?

—-

Ps
It’s hard to forget the old BG sketch...I still see people who resemble the old BG...at the local diner..Home Depot...

(eta: sorry for double post)

All you guys rock for keeping Abby’s and Libby’s thread active! Keep it up!

I wanted to bring something forward in case anyone missed this. It’s up to you of course how much validity you place in the source, etc. IMO I have no reason to doubt this source. Great job to @bradfordsleuth for digging this up:

Cross quoting from the media thread, post from July 2019:
In this Fox 59 clip from March 2017, Alexis McAdams talks about hearing from Carter about, 'They have recovered a very important piece of evidence from the crime scene that was linked to the killer'.

I have added the facebook link as well, which is worded slightly different.

Alexis McAdams - QUESTIONS: People had a lot of questions...

Here is the article that goes with it. It is missing the direct quote from Carter, but I have bolded some of the references to evidence.

FBI putting together profile of suspect accused of killing Delphi teens

It is snipped to comply with 10% rule.

"All that information provides police with clues as to what kind of things they should be looking for as they serve search warrants. That, paired with evidence found at the crime scene, could help solve the puzzle.

Indiana State Police superintendent Doug Carter says they have several pieces and parts but they are looking for the one piece of evidence that will crack the case.

“I know that we have the human element – we have a very solid science element,” he said. "

Edited to add in facebook link which has slightly different wording.

Last edited:
fascinating. I had not heard that before.

(eta: sorry for double post)

All you guys rock for keeping Abby’s and Libby’s thread active! Keep it up!

I wanted to bring something forward in case anyone missed this. It’s up to you of course how much validity you place in the source, etc. IMO I have no reason to doubt this source. Great job to @bradfordsleuth for digging this up:

fascinating. I had not heard that before.

Yeah. It’s pretty big, moo. I had missed that (“In this Fox 59 clip from March 2017, Alexis McAdams talks about hearing from Carter about, 'They have recovered a very important piece of evidence from the crime scene that was linked to the killer'.”)

Last edited:
Yeah. It’s pretty big, moo. I had missed that (“In this Fox 59 clip from March 2017, Alexis McAdams talks about hearing from Carter about, 'They have recovered a very important piece of evidence from the crime scene that was linked to the killer'.”)

Wouldn’t that probably be the phone recording itself? Audio and video?

Margarita25! So glad YOU are here! I know this case has taken a toll and I believe you had to take a break from it in the past but glad to see you are still on board here keeping the girls' case front and center.

You know, I have wondered about mtnlites' "president of imaginary friends club" and what it means. Very interesting, to me, how Internet and SM has changed our lives, how we communicate socialize, share thoughts with others who are just out...there...some... where.

I think the human element refers to DNA but have to admit I am an optimist and have great faith in ISP Doug Carter.

Wonder if BG has a connection to the Wabash Conf Center where last PC was held. Works there or near there? Lives nearby? Was BG in a room full of coworkers watching the PC from another place? Did they hold PC at Wabash to see if BG would show up given that in past many gatherings were at the church, to see if he would be drawn out? Is BG a peripheral family member who would be expected to attend last PC but did not? Did BG watch last PC in a room full of people at jail or other correctional facility? Did any church groups or local groups watch the PC together and was BG among them? Were kids in school that day after Easter? Does Easter have anything to do with this, a family gathering where BG would be at the table?

So many questions. I have way too many POIs with the sparse details we have been given.

You know, I have wondered about mtnlites' "president of imaginary friends club" and what it means. Very interesting, to me, how Internet and SM has changed our lives, how we communicate socialize, share thoughts with others who are just out...there...some... where.

Well, you know, one day I came to the realization that these poor imaginary friends out there don't have anyone advocating for them. Kids grow up and forget about them and then these poor animals/fairies/people/monsters are just kinda left on their own. We're talking about unionizing in the future. :D

The Easter timing could be significant. It's possible. A lot of people go to family's houses for Easter (that's actually one of the times we go to Delphi every year) so perhaps they were hoping to cash in on that.

...And then again, maybe not. It's so hard to know which details are important and which ones are just red herrings.

The white thing? Something to choke with? Or a face covering/scarf ( down around the neck in video) ? Looks too high up to be a shirt logo ??? Can't believe we are still guessing.

I think it's either a scarf or plastic bag handles. Very early on a witness stated something about a scarf. However, that pertained to the old BG sketch, so who knows? :confused:

The remarks from Carter about eliminating suspects leads me to think they have DNA and are using it to rule out people while also perhaps honing in with the use of geneology technology. That would take time given all the DNA that could be on the girls' ?

I have never seen a horse halter look like whatever is on BG’s body. I think it looks plastic and has an opening on the end.
I still think the white we are seeing could possibly be a scarf. A witness described BG was wearing a scarf. - - Please don't ask for a link as it has been posted several times over the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal