Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants us to think that? That quote as far as I can tell came from the people who found her, who don't have a horse in this race.
Right, after a local man gave them a tip, thinking she might be there.
I wonder if all of them would get part of the reward.

It's really amazing that after all the searchers and rescue teams couldn't find her, she was found based on a hunch that she might have gone there. Especially after they had searched there already. Imo

Seems like a strange position to be in if she was really wedged in between the rocks. Didn't they say she was 1.2 km deep in the ravine? That it was not easily accessible? I wonder how they saw her that far down.**SNIP**
When they say deep, I took it to mean distance along the ground, not distance down from higher ground. Like deep in the woods, etc.

To not damage their tourism industry but i dont know who is in the room when its done

Just because it is a developing country and not in the same place economically as more developed countries... doesn’t mean they are corrupt people. There are officials from several countries where she and her parents have citizenship.

If these people didn’t want to know what happened to Nora for fear of damaging their tourism industry, they wouldn’t have thrown everything they had at finding her.

Re thinking the PM timing.....7 hours plus now a possible further 1 or 2 hours...
Unlikely they have worked continuously for all the time, possibly did not start exactly at 10am and they need to take breaks...
So by 5pm they may have done a total of only 5 hours.
Add in another 1 or 2 hours, to 7pm, then no doubt a discussion before they do press conference at 8pm.

For comparison, Alesha Macphail autopsy took 8 hours and the COD was very apparent...and they did not have international attendees.

The Dusun resort, where the Quoirin family were staying when Nóra went missing, released a statement on Wednesday.

“The Dusun family and staff would like to convey our deepest condolences to the family of Nóra Quoirin on her demise. We are devastated by the turn of events and we would like to extend our support and assistance in whatever way possible to the Quoirins during these very difficult times.

“We deeply regret that this has happened to the Quoirins during their stay here. We will continue to provide our fullest cooperation to the authorities in their investigation.”

Nóra Quoirin’s family expects thorough investigation in Malaysia, says lawyer

I find it strange that a hiker said he smelled her first then seen her body as it was giving off a strong Oder yet a trained cadaver dogs couldn’t find her?

cadaver dogs can only search where they are directed to. I don't remember anyone saying they smelt an odour? I could have missed it, there's so many reports...

I think they searched the waterfall again as a last resort as she wasn't found closer by and after the parents insistence she wouldn't wander. We don't know for sure in what position/exact place she was found, she could have been obscured by vegetation, water etc.

I don’t think people have more than one autopsy usually, unless the family requests and pays for another for a second opinion. Medical examiners are doctors. I’ve never heard of anyone having a preliminary autopsy. Ive witnessed autopsies and everything is taken apart, a second look doesn’t give the same picture since nothing will be as she was when she was found.
Preliminary results I meant, sorry. To determine COD. All the rest of the results take longer and the report takes several weeks, is what I meant.
I'm not sure what I said before but I'm too tired to go back and edit.
Anyway, it is the Autopsy Report that will be more involved and takes longer, not the actual exam.

Last edited:
cadaver dogs can only search where they are directed to. I don't remember anyone saying they smelt an odour? I could have missed it, there's so many reports...

I think they searched the waterfall again as a last resort as she wasn't found closer by and after the parents insistence she wouldn't wander. We don't know for sure in what position/exact place she was found, she could have been obscured by vegetation, water etc.

Interviews with those who found her said the smelled her before they saw her. That she was in plain site, just laying there like she was sleeping.

Nora Quoirin: Hiker who found teen's body tells how she lying in plain sight in Malaysian jungle - Newsfeeds.media

Seems like a strange position to be in if she was really wedged in between the rocks. Didn't they say she was 1.2 km deep in the ravine? That it was not easily accessible? I wonder how they saw her that far down.
Unless they were down there themselves? Then why would they need to winch her out with a helicopter?
I wish we had pictures of the exact spot where she was found because I'm having a hard time imagining it. Imo

Yeah, I am having trouble picturing it all too... I’d imagine some of the issue is the typical rush to get a scoop by the media that we see in many cases, so things aren’t being clarified. Then it’s compounded by a possible language barrier or things aren’t translating well. A photo of exactly where would be so useful!

I just read it on here that the hiker said there was a strong Odor then they seen the body.They also used sniffer dogs and they didn’t find her either.

If she was as wary of strangers as her parents said, I wonder if it's possible that she saw the searchers and hid from them.
A family member with dementia went missing for over 40 hours in a rural landscape in the UK a few years ago. Finally located safe but dehydrated. Had been hiding from search teams including a helicopter in a field ditch due to disorientation and fear of the noise

When they say deep, I took it to mean distance along the ground, not distance down from higher ground. Like deep in the woods, etc.
I couldn't figure out what they meant. It said she was 1.2 km down, or 1/2 mile distance from something. I know they said it was a mile from the resort but I didn't know they were talking about a different area in the jungle. From the road maybe? I don't know.
So I guess they needed the helicopter because they couldn't get a vehicle in there? That makes more sense.

That might also be the reason why it's taking longer. They have to take her condition and possible withdrawal effects from medication into consideration. Might not be so straight forward. Moo

Great point. Additionally, her brain isn’t formed properly due to her condition, so that may require additional care during the exam. Depending on the severity of her condition, her brain may look much different than any others.

I couldn't figure out what they meant. It said she was 1.2 km down, or 1/2 mile distance from something. I know they said it was a mile from the resort but I didn't know they were talking about a different area in the jungle. From the road maybe? I don't know.
So I guess they needed the helicopter because they couldn't get a vehicle in there? That makes more sense.
The ravine goes 1.2km deep with a stream running along the bottom. I don’t know how wide or sharp the ravine is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon