Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued:

The senior pathologist is being assisted by other medical examiners from the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital.

A team of four personnel from the Chemistry Department was also seen entering the hospital at 9.28am.

Separately, a team of police officers from the United Kingdom and Ireland was spotted around the search area.

Lawyer Sankara N. Nair earlier today said that he would independently contact Attorney General (AG) Tommy Thomas for an inquest into Nora's death if the post-mortem examination provides evidence to support this.

The lawyer representing the teen’s family here said they were awaiting the results of the ongoing medical examination before deciding the next course of action.

Seven hours on, post-mortem on Nora Quoirin’s body still ongoing | Malay Mail

Ineqe Safeguarding Group‏Verified account @ineqegroup

A statement from our CEO @JimGamble_INEQE on Nóra Quoirin. "Public support has been overwhelming. We now need to give the family time and space to deal with their grief." http://bit.ly/2Z50EyO

EB6_JyhXUAI6qes.jpg

https://twitter.com/ineqegroup/status/1161575931070341120

Poor Nora was thinking about her all night hoping that she wasn’t scared and just went sensory seeking.
Strange if she fell into the ravine and wasn’t placed there why did one hiker say nothing looked broken just some bruises? Professional hikers have died doing the same hike yet she only had few bruses and was lying with her hands behind her head as if she was sleeping?
Just seems she was found looking to relaxed unhurt looking if she’d got there herself through a dangerous hike naked with no shoes.I hope knowone corrupt has any part of her autopsy and her parents get a 2nd done by the UK poor soul x

bbm

Is there a source for the bolded statement? TIA

Her poor mom and dad must be absolutely gutted. They were both already looking so thin and now they're probably not able to eat at all. I'm worried about them. Had other family come out? I hope they have close people there to help with the other kids.
The family flew out. (The family who made the first statement).

Does those 10 hours include toxicology tests
Those are usually sent to the lab and included in the autopsy report and some results could take several weeks. They may have some results right away, and then I think depending on the results they may do more extensive testing.

Anyway this is just the preliminary autopsy to determine cause and manner of death, I believe.
It probably takes time to carefully remove everything, weigh, examine, and test everything, and then sew everything back together again.

It's probably a lot more involved when done by a forensic pathologist, though, rather than just a medical examiner.

Imo

Jim Gamble CEO of Ineqe Safeguarding Group Pays Tribute to the Family of Nóra Quoirin

STATEMENT ON NÓRA QUOIRIN

“There are many members of Nora’s family who live in Belfast, other parts of Ireland, the UK and beyond these shores. Some have flown out to support her Mum and Dad in Malaysia, and others have maintained vital communication links with those who can provide advice and bring influence to bare.

At this most difficult of times I would like to pay tribute to them all. This tightly knit group of relatives and close friends have epitomised everything that’s good about people, families and friends who rally to support one another in times of crisis.

Public support has been overwhelming. We now need to give the family time and space to deal with their grief. In the days ahead, depending on the evidence police are able to access and consider, Nora’s final journey may be better understood. In the meantime, second guessing the professionals working on the ground in Malaysia or publicly speculating about the circumstances will help no one.

My deepest sympathies to the immediate and extended family of Nóra, may she rest in peace”. – Jim Gamble QPM

Jim Gamble CEO of Ineqe Safeguarding Group Pays Tribute to the Family of Nóra Quoirin

If her body was already giving off a strong odor to 20 meters away, what does this tell us about time of death? Yet her skin was visible.

GRAPHIC!

Two or three days at the most I'd say. We have similar temperatures here and when our dog died he started smelling during the first night already. We buried him the next morning and the smell was already strong.

With the condition Nora had, epilepsy is very common, there are other health problems associated too. People who have epilepsy do die unexpectedly and can do irrational things before and during seizures. Just one theory if she did get there by herself.

"Holoprosencephaly is a malformation sequence with a very variable degree of severity for both the brain and facial abnormalities. Intellectual disability is associated with HPE and seizures are often present. ... Holoprosencephaly may also affect other systems in the body.''

Holoprosencephaly - NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)

So ... if she had died on day 1 there's no way the searchers who were interviewed today (see posts on previous pages) would have said what they said. After 10 days they would not have been able to identify scratches on the skin for example. I don't want to spell it out, I think you all know what I mean. She was apparently not in an advanced stage of decomposition. That's also why the parents were asked to id her. If she had been dead for 10 days they would not have been asked to.

It's very likely Nora was alive until a couple of days ago :(

And if she was not found in the water she might not have drowned. Then what did she die of? You don't starve in 10 days.

Maybe that's why the autopsy is taking so long? Difficulties to establish COD? Experts brought in?

All moo.

Don't forget though the condition she had can come with a lot of complications health wise, including seizures. She might have been missing taking all sorts of medication to calm all manner of health conditions too.

Poor Nora was thinking about her all night hoping that she wasn’t scared and just went sensory seeking.
Strange if she fell into the ravine and wasn’t placed there why did one hiker say nothing looked broken just some bruises? Professional hikers have died doing the same hike yet she only had few bruses and was lying with her hands behind her head as if she was sleeping?
Just seems she was found looking to relaxed unhurt looking if she’d got there herself through a dangerous hike naked with no shoes.I hope knowone corrupt has any part of her autopsy and her parents get a 2nd done by the UK poor soul x
The ' bruises' could be due to the blood pooling under the skin after death. It happens within a few hours of death and does resemble bruising

It seems like they were out searching more for evidence as soon as they found her and some statement said they wouldn’t stop and call off the search until after the autopsy. So I’m hoping it isn’t a bad sign they are still out...

I am wondering if she got bit by one of those snakes someone tweeted. Highly venomous and the bite is basically painless so maybe she wouldn’t even know she was bit. The way she was apparently laying out in the open makes me think she just laid down and didn’t wake up again.
Seems like a strange position to be in if she was really wedged in between the rocks. Didn't they say she was 1.2 km deep in the ravine? That it was not easily accessible? I wonder how they saw her that far down.
Unless they were down there themselves? Then why would they need to winch her out with a helicopter?
I wish we had pictures of the exact spot where she was found because I'm having a hard time imagining it. Imo

Jean Marc MorandiniVerifiedaccount @ morandiniblog
Death of Nora Quoirin: After the discovery of the body yesterday, the prosecutor of Paris opens an investigation for "kidnapping" and "sequestration" # NoraQuoirin

Mort de la jeune Franco-Irlandaise Nora Quoirin: Après la découverte du corps hier, le parquet de Paris ouvre une enquête pour "enlèvement" et "séquestration"

According Franceinfo , the prosecutor of Paris opens a preliminary investigation for "kidnapping" and "sequestration" after the discovery yesterday of the body of the young French-Irish Nora Quoirin, Malaysia. Our confreres indicate that this investigation was entrusted to the Central Office for the repression of violence to persons. "Two OCRVP investigators went to Malaysia," explains Franceinfo.

Don't forget though the condition she had can come with a lot of complications health wise, including seizures. She might have been missing taking all sorts of medication to calm all manner of health conditions too.

That might also be the reason why it's taking longer. They have to take her condition and possible withdrawal effects from medication into consideration. Might not be so straight forward. Moo

Those are usually sent to the lab and included in the autopsy report and some results could take several weeks. They may have some results right away, and then I think depending on the results they may do more extensive testing.

Anyway this is just the preliminary autopsy to determine cause and manner of death, I believe.
It probably takes time to carefully remove everything, weigh, examine, and test everything, and then sew everything back together again.

It's probably a lot more involved when done by a forensic pathologist, though, rather than just a medical examiner.

Imo

I don’t think people have more than one autopsy usually, unless the family requests and pays for another for a second opinion. Medical examiners are doctors. I’ve never heard of anyone having a preliminary autopsy. Ive witnessed autopsies and everything is taken apart, a second look doesn’t give the same picture since nothing will be as she was when she was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500