Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Blunt force trauma would have definitely been determined during the autopsy. Strangulation most likely as well. Her body was identified by her fingerprints and tattoos, which IMO says her body was in very good condition when found, opposed to badly decomposed like many think a body should be after being in the ground for that amount of time. The ground was cold for a good portion of that time and may have been shaded as well by the shed and trees from the looks of pictures I seen. If her tattoos were recognizable at autopsy, IMO any bruising from something such as strangulation would likely be as well.

If it was known during the autopsy that Savanna was killed by homicidal violence, do you think he would have been charged with murder by now?
I believe they know much more than they've shared (gag order) and I think they are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.

Four people went into that house that night, one did not come out alive. They are in no rush to press additional charges yet, and I think they are investigating everyone's story and timeline ie. other people present at the home, the home where Savannah's body was recovered, etc. to the 10th degree, as well they should.

They may have the autopsy back and know it was murder but are getting everything together to give to the GJ. If they know now it was murder and other charges they may even be working on a plea deal. They want to get it right so waiting a few weeks to do that is worth the wait.
From my understanding about how felony charges in Kentucky work, is the prosecution charge(s) someone with a crime. The Grand Jury then indicts that person based on if there is sufficient evidence to substantiate the charge(s).

IMO someone would need to be indicted before any plea deal could be in the works.

I believe they know much more than they've shared (gag order) and I think they are dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's.

Four people went into that house that night, one did not come out alive. They are in no rush to press additional charges yet, and I think they are investigating everyone's story and timeline ie. other people present at the home, the home where Savannah's body was recovered, etc. to the 10th degree, as well they should.

I'm confused on whether they're close to filing all the charges or still have a long way to go and still need evidence. Marie told us, I think right before they found Savannah, the FBI liaison told her it was going to be a marathon and to have patience. I'm not sure if finding Savannah and the autopsy and toxicology report is going to give them all they need. I'm thinking they may already have enough to finish up in Sept or maybe not. They've already had over seven months of investigating but that really isn't telling me much.

From my understanding about how felony charges in Kentucky work, is the prosecution charge(s) someone with a crime. The Grand Jury then indicts that person based on if there is sufficient evidence to substantiate the charge(s).

IMO someone would need to be indicted before any plea deal could be in the works.

I looked this up to try and figure out when plea deals are made. The info I found said they can start as early as when an arrest is made. I would presume that would mean, in this case, when they have enough evidence to know what all the charges are going to be. I have no idea where they're at in this and how much evidence they still may need.

I looked this up to try and figure out when plea deals are made. The info I found said they can start as early as when an arrest is made. I would presume that would mean, in this case, when they have enough evidence to know what all the charges are going to be. I have no idea where they're at in this and how much evidence they still may need.
I assume you were looking up Kentucky. Seems they do things a little differently than other states when it comes to indictments (a formal charge or accusation of a serious crime).

One would think someone would need to be formally charged with a crime, before negotiating a plea deal. There probably isn't a defense attorney in the country that would let their client accept a plea deal without being indicted (formally charged with a crime). In Kentucky a Grand Jury decides whether or not to indict on felony charges and we all know the Grand Jury hearing hasn't taken place yet for the charges DS is charge with.

JMO

Do you have a link to the information you found?

I assume you were looking up Kentucky. Seems they do things a little differently than other states when it comes to indictments (a formal charge or accusation of a serious crime).

One would think someone would need to be formally charged with a crime, before negotiating a plea deal. There probably isn't a defense attorney in the country that would let their client accept a plea deal without being indicted (formally charged with a crime). In Kentucky a Grand Jury decides whether or not to indict on felony charges and we all know the Grand Jury hearing hasn't taken place yet for the charges DS is charge with.

JMO

The Basics of a Plea Bargain

JMO

I hadn't looked specifically at Ky and just did. Does look like you're correct and the Grand Jury would meet first before a plea deal would be offered.

View Document - Kentucky Court Rules

I'm with you. Can't come up with a good theory as to how she would have been killed, if she was.
I've been wondering if maybe the extreme cold of that day is going to factor into the defense. As in: "Oh, she wandered out on the side door in a blanket to have a smoke and then she passed out and froze to death before sunrise and I found her body and panicked and . . . "

I've been wondering if maybe the extreme cold of that day is going to factor into the defense. As in: "Oh, she wandered out on the side door in a blanket to have a smoke and then she passed out and froze to death before sunrise and I found her body and panicked and . . . "

It wasn’t extremely cold the day she went missing. The cold didn’t hit until a couple weeks later.

I'm confused on whether they're close to filing all the charges or still have a long way to go and still need evidence. Marie told us, I think right before they found Savannah, the FBI liaison told her it was going to be a marathon and to have patience. I'm not sure if finding Savannah and the autopsy and toxicology report is going to give them all they need. I'm thinking they may already have enough to finish up in Sept or maybe not. They've already had over seven months of investigating but that really isn't telling me much.
I agree, it's hard to say where they stand now, especially since the gag order went into effect.

Personally, I think they suspected it was DS from the moment they identified the guys Savannah left the bar with and where they lived. In one of the early articles a neighbor mentions speaking with LE when they first searched his property and told them about hearing 'screams' that night and mentioned him moving stuff from the house not long afterwards.

Too bad she wasn't reported and treated like a missing person immediately. It obviously wouldn't have prevented this, but it wouldn't have given DS time to 'cover up' the scene.

All JMO

I agree, it's hard to say where they stand now, especially since the gag order went into effect.

Personally, I think they suspected it was DS from the moment they identified the guys Savannah left the bar with and where they lived. In one of the early articles a neighbor mentions speaking with LE when they first searched his property and told them about hearing 'screams' that night and mentioned him moving stuff from the house not long afterwards.

Too bad she wasn't reported and treated like a missing person immediately. It obviously wouldn't have prevented this, but it wouldn't have given DS time to 'cover up' the scene.

All JMO

Omg, I didn't know the neighbor heard screams that night so thank you for enlightening me about this.

It makes my heart break for Savannah. No telling what she endured before being killed.

Did the neighbor say what time it was when the screams happened, and why they didnt call the police then? Tia!

It reminds me of several cases where neighbors heard something unusual, but didnt think it was necessary to call the police at the time.

In most of these cases no one sees or hears anything even when multiple victims have been shot, and killed with only a wall separating the apartments etc.

If only they had called immediately maybe Savannah's life could have been saved even if he had severely injured her.

Statistics state even if the victim is reported missing within 2 hours they are usually dead by then.

It's all so sad.

Imoo

Oh I have no doubt his DT will come up with some kind of strategy even if it defies all reasonableness, and logic based on the evidence the state will present.

The good thing is if he is charged with murder the prosecutors have the evidence that refutes any wild allegation the DT may make.

Jmho

Yes, I'm liking the article for you. The neighbor seems to have had a bad feeling from the beginning if you believe the DM. The homes have been described as very small and close together IIRC.

Surveillance footage shows Savannah Spurlock entering suspect's home and never coming out | Daily Mail Online

Thank you so much.

While some dont trust DM, through the years I've found them very thorough especially in homicide cases.

They have their own journalists working cases in the states.

Jmho

Thank you so much.

While some dont trust DM, through the years I've found them very thorough especially in homicide cases.

Jmho
But they're only as good as their information, and sometimes I feel like they'll write down crazy shiznitt that people tell them that more responsible news operations would vet or question printing. Maybe if the DM had the standards of our beloved moderators here I'd be more likely to trust them.:)

But they're only as good as their information, and sometimes I feel like they'll write down crazy shiznitt that people tell them that more responsible news operations would vet or question printing. Maybe if the DM had the standards of our beloved moderators here I'd be more likely to trust them.:)

True, if that was the case I would trust our Mods completely. But DM is as trustworthy as our own MSM has become maybe even more so nowadays.

Today they were the first one to break the news about all of the 6 police officers shot in PA. It's still an active shooter in the home continuing to shoot at officers. :(

Imo

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

Jmho
I'll never forget the Alfred Wright case. He was found dead wearing only his Under Armour underwear. DM reported that he was wearing body amour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member