Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very glad that I am traveling with my adorable hubby to our resort destination getaway for our 35th anniversary. We should arrive in the next hour.

It allows me little time to read or post on Savannah's forum.

The undertones in this thread make me highly uncomfortable.

I see far more excuses given for DS which are just as unsupported as the ones who make assumptions about blaming Savannah.

Savannah is the victim here or at least she should be since SHE is the one who was found dead, naked, ankles bound, and tossed in a shallow grave where DS put her.

But yeah, of course excuses are made for him for doing exactly what countless of other murderers have also done to their victims.

It's the perfect time for me to take a break from this forum.

Thank you everyone who has faithfully supported Savannah, Marie, and all who seek justice for this young woman who was thrown away like trash by DS hoping she wouldnt ever be found.

Jmho

Last edited:
I would like for the controversy over what we're discussing to be cleared up. When I read the rules, this discussion over David possibly not murdering her, this being an accident or discussing why Savannah died would be acceptable.
I think it is acceptable. Its all speculation until they announce facts. I don't agree with most of the accidental conclusions at this point. This could have been an easy case if an accidental or natural death occurred and would have been cleared up way back if DS didn't have something and a body to hide. I just hope people teach their kids and friends not to leave each other, to recognize intoxication and get help before leaving them alone. There are predators out there and they obviously run in packs of 3.

This is just all too much.

Forget the "how" of Savannah's death for a moment.

DS bound Savannah's ankles with tape, stuffed her lifeless body in multiple trash bags, carted her deceased body to his parents home for burial, lied to LE, lied to his family, lied to everyone for MONTHS until the body HE buried was discovered on his family's property. He even had the nerve to ask his sister how to replace the rug that presumably had evidence of the deceased on it.

For MONTHS her family and LE looked for her. They wanted closure, didn't know where their girl was, if she was dead or alive or what. DS knew, of course, but he was too busy protecting himself and his ongoing lies so he had little to no conscience apparently regarding his disposal of a 22 year old girl. A girl that was clearly loved by her family despite any struggles she may have been experiencing.

That is enough for me to be unsupportive of DS regardless of her cause of death - yet it continues and it is very disturbing to me and apparently others as well. The insinuation that she is somehow responsible because she was intoxicated is sickening. That is not at all how I thought WS operates.

I'm flagging my own post for some moderation on this because it just gets worse and a girl is dead here. SHE MATTERED. This is gross what's going on in here trying to excuse DS' disgusting behavior because Savannah was intoxicated and maybe he didn't "murder" her. He's not the victim!

IMO, flagging

Thank you and well said. Savannah absolutely mattered. She was clearly loved by many.

Some of the excuses being made to try to make DS appear to be innocent are downright grotesque, IMO. Savannah was a human being.

Instead of making excuses for DS that defy logic, I'd like to see some discussion about what he did from the time he buried Savannah until he was arrested.

JMO, we know he completely ignored the pleas from Savannah's family for information. He lied to LE. I'm assuming he lied to his own family, a lot. I'm assuming he continued to go to work as well. Did he continue with his social life?

Did he act normal to his family, at work, and around locals while Savannah's body was hidden in a shallow grave in his parent's back yard?

JMO

I think it is acceptable. Its all speculation until they announce facts. I don't agree with most of the accidental conclusions at this point. This could have been an easy case if an accidental or natural death occurred and would have been cleared up way back if DS didn't have something and a body to hide. I just hope people teach their kids and friends not to leave each other, to recognize intoxication and get help before leaving them alone. There are predators out there and they obviously run in packs of 3.

Thank you for telling me you think this discussion is not against the rules. I would hate to be breaking the rules.

The only reason I can think of for him hiding Savannah would be because of illegal drugs or he killed her. I think it's bizarre to think he would do what he did but it happens every day where people dispose of those who OD so I'm considering it. Also if he killed her he, of course, could hide her for that reason too. Or if he thought he was responsible for her death and wasn't. It often is the usual reasons but sometimes things happen we wouldn't even think about when trying to figure out why someone died.

Yes when you're out drinking and drink too much horrible things can happen, look at how many innocent people are killed by drunk drivers. Drinking needs to be taken more seriously. And yes we have many people who take advantage of a person who is intoxicated.

DS bound Savannah's ankles with tape, stuffed her lifeless body in multiple trash bags, carted her deceased body to his parents home for burial, lied to LE, lied to his family, lied to everyone for MONTHS until the body HE buried was discovered on his family's property. He even had the nerve to ask his sister how to replace the rug that presumably had evidence of the deceased on it.
BBM

Did he stop lying after the body was found on his family's property?

Thank you and well said. Savannah absolutely mattered. She was clearly loved by many.

Some of the excuses being made to try to make DS appear to be innocent are downright grotesque, IMO. Savannah was a human being.

Instead of making excuses for DS that defy logic, I'd like to see some discussion about what he did from the time he buried Savannah until he was arrested.

JMO, we know he completely ignored the pleas from Savannah's family for information. He lied to LE. I'm assuming he lied to his own family, a lot. I'm assuming he continued to go to work as well. Did he continue with his social life?

Did he act normal to his family, at work, and around locals while Savannah's body was hidden in a shallow grave in his parent's back yard?

JMO

You mean speculate on what he did?

I have no idea how David acted or if he felt any guilt for what he did. My understanding is he had a good job and worked. I would imagine somehow he justified what he did and was able to live with it. That's how most people live their lives without feeling a lot of guilt for things they've done wrong. Some people fess up and change but I don't think the majority do that.

I considered he knew he was going to get caught. He bulked up over the past few months, went and cut his hair as soon as he knew he was going to jail. Almost like he possibly wanted to get caught. I also think it's possible somebody else knew and he had them for some kind of support in this. May have helped him cope.

There is getting to be an undercurrent on this forum I haven't felt on others. The chance of SS dying from her c section from sex is about nil. If she died from sex it was from a brutal, violent rape - i.e, murder - that involved strangulation, suffocation, blunt force, etc. It was not innocent DS accidentally ripping open a c section scar. If he ripped open a c section scar I dread to think what he did and it was no "accident".

Yes she was intoxicated like many, many 22 yr olds were that night. Yes that led to the risky choice of going back with strangers. Maybe she got even drunker! Gave blow jobs! Had sex! Maybe she had a drunk, slutty night away from her kids that does not align with your morals, but nothing about DS and his appalling, calculating, deceptive behavior aligns with an OD.

We all did hash out the OD theory in the early days, but now DS is sitting in jail with a body in his backyard and blood in his closet!

For MONTHS her family and LE looked for her. They wanted closure, didn't know where their girl was, if she was dead or alive or what. DS knew, of course, but he was too busy protecting himself and his ongoing lies so he had little to no conscience apparently regarding his disposal of a 22 year old girl. A girl that was clearly loved by her family despite any struggles she may have been experiencing.

That is enough for me to be unsupportive of DS regardless of her cause of death - yet it continues and it is very disturbing to me and apparently others as well. The insinuation that she is somehow responsible because she was intoxicated is sickening. That is not at all how I thought WS operates.

I'm flagging my own post for some moderation on this because it just gets worse and a girl is dead here. SHE MATTERED. This is gross what's going on in here trying to excuse DS' disgusting behavior because Savannah was intoxicated and maybe he didn't "murder" her. He's not the victim!

IMO, flagging

Exceptional posts. You said it all. I totally agree with both posts.

I don't comment often but am doing it now because your posts are so outstanding and well said.

Too bad they can't do toxicology on the three men that night or examine their bodies that night--tox, bodily fluids, bruises, scratches--no only she goes through that indignity, after death no less.

She IS a victim, DS IS a charged person in THIS case with several actions and continued deception when family was grieving and very desperate to find her. Perhaps not yet of her murder but of wrongdoing relating to the victim that is atrocious.

To each their own theory but some posts are a bit victim-blamey.

So for him being drunk would be an excuse for what he did or his panic if she overdosed but for her it would be a reason to blame her? The same with drugs? Excuse for one/blame for the other.

She shouldn't be out at a bar or leave with three men but nothing wrong with the men being out looking to do what--and not being decent and taking her home and looking out for her, not a single one of them?

That says a lot.

I believe more charges will result.

Jmho.

I know that there are family members and friends of Savannah on this site and thread. I want to say unequivocally that I see Savannah as a victim in this. She did not deserve to die and be left to rot in a field. If she was over the limit drunk, she was too drunk to legally consent to whatever happened in that home that night.

I hope her family, her children and her friends get the justice and peace they deserve.

I think we can all agree he is a bad dude either way. I don't have any empathy for him.

I think if David did what he is charged with and I think he did, he did a terrible thing and hurt a lot of people by his actions. If he's guilty he needs to pay the price for his crimes. Is he an all around bad dude, I don't know but I would imagine he's done a lot of good things in his life. If he is guilty and pays the price, I can only hope he sees what he did was wrong and would never repeat anything that would hurt other people like his actions did with hiding Savannah.

When is the GJ meeting ? I was thinking it was this past Tuesday for some reason.

Surveillance footage shows Savannah Spurlock entering suspect's home and never coming out | Daily Mail Online

Now a DailyMail.com investigation has uncovered new details of just what happened to Spurlock the night she left The Other Bar in Lexington with Sparks and two other men and traveled with them to his home, an hour south, in the small town of Lancaster.

The disturbing picture that has now emerged includes the claim that the men took cell phone video of Spurlock performing a sex act on each of them and one neighbor's chilling recollection of hearing screams in the night.

Locals who spoke to DailyMail.com asked not to be named for fear of retribution as an atmosphere of fear has descended on the small street of ramshackle rentals and fixer uppers to which Spurlock went with the men that night.

According to one, 'Sparks is the sort of guy that if you don't do what he wants he gets mad, he loses it.

'They all took advantage of a drunk girl that night and then the other two left her alone with Sparks. bbm

'They took cell phone video of her. The guys were showing it around at work. She was so drunk she couldn't speak, it was like she couldn't speak English.'

[...]

Clearly distressed, the woman, who asked not to be named said, 'I heard screams in the night. I thought at first it was the kids next door but then I knew it wasn't.
8838738-7272761-Neighbors_tell_DailyMail_com_the_men_she_left_the_bar_with_took_-a-4_1563893738096.jpg

This report makes it very clear that local residents were in fear of the suspect, and that he "loses it" when he doesn't get his way.

A witness resident also states she heard screams she believed were coming from suspects home.

We have evidence Savannah left the bar under her own power, she does not appear to be falling down drunk in the videos, nobody is carrying her over their shoulder.

She's walking in heels across the grass, and took the arm of one of the males as most of us would when in heels on the grass-- without any drink.

We also know that Savannah was capable of phoning her mom when she was riding in the vehicle.

Why would anybody believe the new, emerging details were voluntary! bbm

I'm concerned that Savannah was forced to perform sex acts, forced to drink, and/or involuntarily drugged (GHB and Rohypnol, etc.).

Claims that Savannah seemingly "couldn't speak English" also tells me this was somebody that could not call for help and/or get herself out of danger.

If any of these new accounts are true, I truly hope additional charges are pending for both the suspect and the accomplices.

MOO

I've said before that I will not accept the DM article as fact until corroborated by another source. Something in the article that struck me as off "neighbors reported the men she left the bar with took videos of SS & passed them around work". How would the neighbors know this? Also, doesn't make sense that if one or all were involved in her murder that they would want anyone to know they were with her. jmo

MANY posts have been deleted for TOS violations.
MANY MORE posts were deleted for quoting the violating posts and responding to them.
It is possible that more posts will be removed.

Word to the wise - if you would prefer NOT to see your posts disappear, especially those you have spent much time writing, it would be good to discern FIRST if any of what you are QUOTING or WRITING is in violation of TOS. It would save a lot of time and frustration for everyone, and would keep the thread open.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO POST WISELY, RESPECTFULLY, AND RESPONSIBLY.

CocoChanel

I've said before that I will not accept the DM article as fact until corroborated by another source. Something in the article that struck me as off "neighbors reported the men she left the bar with took videos of SS & passed them around work". How would the neighbors know this? Also, doesn't make sense that if one or all were involved in her murder that they would want anyone to know they were with her. jmo
BBM

The neighbors husband worked with the men that took the video. The video was shown to coworkers at work shortly after Savannah disappeared. The video was taken before two of the men left the house and Savannah was supposedly left alone with DS. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member