Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first transcript I ran across, so forgive me if the link isn't TOS.

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights
BBM
We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders. We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to two children. I recently watched a movie called ‘The Shack’, and there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity. To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today.

Okay, I get where people are coming from with the idea that statements like these mean BG has religious ties. They certainly could. IMO, though, with the religious talk following on the heels of the "power" and "knowing" talk, I feel more like LE was taking BG down a notch, reminding him that he is NOT the all knowing, all powerful. He maybe took their lives, but he can't keep possession of them, because he isn't God. Even an atheist could get the message, if that's how it was meant. And LE's silence ever since only supports the idea that they are done feeding him.
BBM

The LE hoped he'd confess, but no such luck. Neither he, nor the family members have minimal human conscience.

has anyone ever posted a side by side on SM of our main POI who shall remain nameless for now with the recent sketch?
No. That is a huge no-no per LE, Websleuths, etc.

Also, what do you mean by "our main POI"? I think each us has our own "main" POI, but I also entertain all possible ones that pop up here and there that I learn about, mostly through PMs. I am amazed at how many others people have come up with, some of which I find to be totally far-fetched. I don't think there is one main POI that everyone here thinks is BG.
JMO, MOO . . .

no, I meant has anyone on SM - not WS, posted the side by side. I think many people do consider a few specific individuals as the most likely culprits, and I bet one of them stands at the top for many.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew of anyone on SM who has done the side by side of the probably culprit, bc I'd be surprised if not. But I can't find anything in my own searches.

No. That is a huge no-no per LE, Websleuths, etc.

Also, what do you mean by "our main POI"? I think each us has our own "main" POI, but I also entertain all possible ones that pop up here and there that I learn about, mostly through PMs. I am amazed at how many others people have come up with, some of which I find to be totally far-fetched. I don't think there is one main POI that everyone here thinks is BG.
JMO, MOO . . .

no, I meant has anyone on SM - not WS, posted the side by side. I think many people do consider a few specific individuals as the most likely culprits, and I bet one of them stands at the top for many.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew of anyone on SM who has done the side by side of the probably culprit, bc I'd be surprised if not. But I can't find anything in my own searches.

I haven’t seen anyone I would consider minimally interesting, but I saw lots of totally random side-by-sides that might be devastating to the owners of roundish faces with heavy chins. Of all ages.

I haven’t seen anyone I would consider minimally interesting, but I saw lots of totally random side-by-sides that might be devastating to the owners of roundish faces with heavy chins. Of all ages.

The sketch is a very coarse filter.
White, man, thatchy hair, hooded eyes, heavy chin. MOO not good to use it as if it can identify someone with any certainty.

What is SM?

Aren't we all thinking the same thing and aren't we allowed to use initials if said person has not been named. or is it totally off limits because the presser gave hints that are almost impossible to ignore.
Scanner top of page 10 post 131 gives some info. (Link to scanner is in post 1 of this thread.) Cannot be brought up to MT.

Do you think police would fall for a rank amateur stunt like describing the assailant like that?
I apologize for a late response to this but yes, I believe BG was interviewed and may have contributed to one of the sketches, perhaps the first. I think he did assist in the first OBG sketch. Another witness assists in a sketch and they toss it aside due to the video matching the sketch. When the case started getting cold, they attempt to go back to this witness, who is a significant witness and they can’t find him due to providing false info. LE finally realizes that they’ve been duped. The witness was OBG and they lost him. So they issue the NBG sketch. At the April presser they’re talking to him calling him out on his bs sketch and tell him in so many words, we figured you out and you never thought we would. Common sense tells me that the witness giving direction for the first sketch “saw the BG” and LE came full circle to say, he is the BG. LE admits they had that sketch for a long time. I think police had 2 people who were interviewed having seen BG; one was a credible witness and the other was BG. They changed course a little too late giving BG with false identity time to make a run. MOO

Scanner top of page 10 post 131 gives some info. (Link to scanner is in post 1 of this thread.) Cannot be brought up to MT.
Yes went down that path and it is where my opinion started I was emailing tips within 2 hours to the link from presser . :) I'm sure I wasn't alone by far! thank you for your answer

I apologize for a late response to this but yes, I believe BG was interviewed and may have contributed to one of the sketches, perhaps the first. I think he did assist in the first OBG sketch. Another witness assists in a sketch and they toss it aside due to the video matching the sketch. When the case started getting cold, they attempt to go back to this witness, who is a significant witness and they can’t find him due to providing false info. LE finally realizes that they’ve been duped. The witness was OBG and they lost him. So they issue the NBG sketch. At the April presser they’re talking to him calling him out on his bs sketch and tell him in so many words, we figured you out and you never thought we would. Common sense tells me that the witness giving direction for the first sketch “saw the BG” and LE came full circle to say, he is the BG. LE admits they had that sketch for a long time. I think police had 2 people who were interviewed having seen BG; one was a credible witness and the other was BG. They changed course a little too late giving BG with false identity time to make a run. MOO

Very well said. And very close to what I believe.

The only thing I might disagree with is whether or not LE can identify this false witness (BG). I do think it's possible he's flown the coop and now LE needs to find him. But I think it's more likely he is known to LE, but they can't show enough evidence to prove it was him to actually arrest him.

I think this second scenario is more likely b/c IMO this false witness would have been relied upon heavily in the early stages of the investigation. LE would have had to follow-up with him on multiple occasions, would have had to establish alibi (although fake), etc. But in doing the follow-up they would have certainly had to know his legitimate identity- his contact info, real name, etc.

So in this case, I think LE knows who it is, but can't yet nail him down. However, I still don't understand why they wouldn't be able to make an arrest, b/c I thought LE only had to show reasonable cause.... That remains a huge question mark in my brain that keeps me from definitively landing on one theory about whether LE has their POI.

My opinion is that LE knows exactly who the killer is. I base my opinion on the last press conference. I think the last PC was scripted right down to every word, its inflection and emotion. The abrupt change in the sketch of the suspect who LE said IS the suspect. I don't know what made LE change their investigative strategy and focus, but they sure announced quite publicly that they were doing so. The repeated use of "you". The religious aspect with mentioning the book, The Shack, which is not an easy read, could only have meaning to someone who knows what the book is about. LE wants a conviction and not just an arrest. I think they know their killer and are rattling his cage.

Has anyone read the book The Shack?

I have not. I checked Amazon to see how many people have read it, and I read some of the comments.

According to Amazon, over 16,000 have read this book. I don't remember seeing too many books with that many readers!

Some of the comments were interesting. Can't say more here; the curious can check it out.

I would not have chosen "The Shack" if I were searching for a book to read. I found it in Goodwill, recognized it, paid fifty cents for it, brought it home, and put it in my "when I get time" book stack. My husband read it first and pronounced it "deep." I am not going to go into the plot, characters, etc. because if people are interested, they can read it for themselves. I mention it only because ISP Carter included it in the PC . My husband was right, it is "deep." I almost wanted to get a reference Bible to have on hand as I read it. I think if LE wanted to mention a book during the PC, I don't think they would have chosen this one because it doesn't have mass appeal. Only someone familiar with the book would make that connection with ISP " Carter. I would only change my mind if ISP Carter announced that he had made a mistake in mentioning the book.

If they know exactly who done it, then why continue to post a sketch that brings in 1000s of tips and have to spent scarce time and resources running down the new tips?

It's possible they aren't doing much with the tips if they already know who the individual is. They can choose to ignore anything that isn't directly related to their POI. And anything related may be "that one tip" they are looking for to establish his alibi was false, etc.

But I'm still looking for a reason why LE can't arrest him if they know who he is but are just wanting "a conviction". To my knowledge, that burden of proof is not on LE. They only need probable cause. And they could continue to break down the missing pieces as they work with the prosecutor ahead of trial. So anyone who is knowledgable about this, please share why it would make sense- in this real life case- that LE would not go ahead and arrest based on reasonable evidence.

It's possible they aren't doing much with the tips if they already know who the individual is. They can choose to ignore anything that isn't directly related to their POI. And anything related may be "that one tip" they are looking for to establish his alibi was false, etc.

But I'm still looking for a reason why LE can't arrest him if they know who he is but are just wanting "a conviction". To my knowledge, that burden of proof is not on LE. They only need probable cause. And they could continue to break down the missing pieces as they work with the prosecutor ahead of trial. So anyone who is knowledgable about this, please share why it would make sense- in this real life case- that LE would not go ahead and arrest based on reasonable evidence.
From following previous cases I have learned that prosecutors are heavily involved during investigations advising LE. When an arrest is made, the clock starts ticking toward a speedy trial. Now, we know it is more than likely, there will not be a speedy trial. However, if an arrested person demanded a speedy trial, there would be one. There will only be one trial. An arrest will not be made until prosecutors believe there is enough evidence for a conviction. LE gathers the evidence. Prosecutor presents that evidence in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86