Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH
Let's revisit some of Jennifer's words, they tell us all we need to know. She spelled it all out clearly. It is such a shame.
Try just reading the BBM.

Before being jailed in connection with the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos, her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, faced a downward spiral in his business and marriage

In a June 2017 affidavit, Jennifer Dulos said the couple had planned to move to New Canaan “in large part because of my husband’s desire to grow his business in the Fairfield County area. We listed our home for sale and planned to move to my mother’s home in Pound Ridge, N.Y.” She said the couple enrolled the children at New Canaan Country School.
But the plan exploded, Jennifer Dulos said, when she discovered in March 2017 that her husband had been having an affair with Michelle Troconis. Jennifer Dulos told her husband she intended to move with the children to Pound Ridge.
What happened next was the product of an “irrational” mind, Jennifer Dulos said in court papers:

“My husband informed me that he decided to move [Michelle Troconis] and her daughter into the marital home and enroll [Troconis’] daughter in the private school that our children had attended for the last two years. He informed me that our children and I will continue to reside in the marital home every weekend during the summer, so that we all — his paramour and her daughter included — would be together. He also informed me that he will come and go from my mother’s residence whenever he wants during the week. Essentially, he expects to exhibit complete control over me and the children.

I am afraid of my husband,” she said in a court filing. "He is dangerous and ruthless when he believes that he has been wronged. During the course of our marriage, he told me about sickening revenge fantasies and plans to cause physical harm to others who have wronged him.

In his response, Fotis Dulos denies the allegations and said his wife “is presently taking medication for mental health issues.” He said the physical safety and emotional health of the children “are of utmost importance” to him.
UGH. Awful. Just awful. MOO.

Some questions that have been lingering for me....off in some other directions, I apologize....
  • Obviously NP had a minor tantrum after the State's Attorney informed the court that MT did NOT take a lie detector test. Then NP mentioned that the Farber family spokesperson, Carrie Luft, needs to be gagged. That comment left me shaking my head. Luft's comments have been very general, very benign, except she did get Gillian Flynn informed who later made a comment about the absurdity of the Gone Girl reference NP had mentioned for the press. Was NP just frustrated or going off the deep end a bit? Maybe it was being called "disrespectful" that bothered NP....Who knows? Missing mom’s family blasts ‘disrespectful’ suggestion Jennifer Farber Dulos staged her disappearance like ‘Gone Girl’ character
  • I am assuming that the family court issue of having representation for the oldest twins with involve a response from GF's attorney. Will that be settled without a hearing? Can Judge Heller simply make a ruling at this time? Will she need to first rule on GF's motion for custody that is before the court?
  • For the motion for default judgment filed by GF's attorney in an financial area, does this need to be supported by case law? Should we anticipate more filings in the near future?
  • One of the things that REALLY bothered me was the request that the judge "just get the names of the doctors," and, well, "We'll do the rest." This was outrageous IMO, as that would give NP's private investigator a whole list of offices to which he could send the private investigator off to seek a weak link who would leak information to the FD team. I can't believe NP would believe, in his wildest dreams, that the judge could/would grant such a motion. Sometimes, it appears that what NP is saying is designed to placate his client or feed the media. Does that make sense?
Continuing to shake my head. Hope the kids and GF are ensconced in NC preparing for the school year. Hope that NCCS is willing and able to accommodate the children. Their lives must go on...Only good thoughts to GF and nanny and the five individuals most impacted by this situation.
As always I agree with everything you have said.
I only take issue with what I have bolded.
The interviewer did ask him how he could account for the Albany Avenue spree.
That's when he replied I have no account for that. It's an anomaly.
The key most weightiest comment in the entire interview.
Spoke volumes, IMO.
Ok. Will go back and listen again. But how can Albany be defined as an anomaly? Your client and accomplice were viewed in HD on CCTV with bags and were disposing of items on Albany. This wasn't household waste that they didn't want in their house over the long weekend either as the warrant said blood was seen on the bags. Don't understand the use of this word anomaly (usually means deviation from a common rule, arrangement or form) at all. I could see inexplicable but not anomaly.

The 2 major pieces from the arrest warrant are 1) violent act in the garage at Welles and blood spatter with clean up and 2) FO and MT on Albany with the bags. I would add 3) 2 hrs at MS (my guess is dismembering the body but we have no info on this yet so its pure speculation). 1 and 2 are fact based from arrest warrant. MOO

Spoke volumes, IMO.
Went back again and watched it and read article again.

I'm getting tripped up in the word anomaly. This to me would imply that Pattis has a timeline into which Albany doesn't fit. Perhaps they are going to claim its someone else and not FO and MT on Albany? IDK.

But I don't understand how Pattis can claim anomaly on Albany unless he has an alternative theory for FD/MT location during that time period when their phones pinged over the 4 mile stretch. Are they going to claim that they both gave their phones to someone and that someone needed to get rid of items in the black bags that just happened to have JD blood on them? Oh, and the 2 people on Albany were body doubles for FO and MT? Oh, and a bloody knife that was found possibly with JD blood on it on Albany route was placed there by this someone else and ditto for the VV shirt and bra? Just not seeing it but I'm open to ideas!!!

This would make zero sense IMO.

Spoke volumes, IMO.

He has no explanation because there is no explanation.
30 stops
altered license plate
Bloody shirt
bloody bra, sponges, mops.
On camera, in his vehicle, with his girlfriend.

This isn't much of a whodunit.

He has no explanation because there is no explanation.
30 stops
altered license plate
Bloody shirt
bloody bra, sponges, mops.
On camera, in his vehicle, with his girlfriend.

This isn't much of a whodunit.
Bingo!

Albany is not an anomaly, its the story.

Its 'opposite day' in Pattisville! Got it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

I'm getting tripped up in the word anomaly. This to me would imply that Pattis has a timeline into which Albany doesn't fit. Perhaps they are going to claim its someone else and not FO and MT on Albany? IDK.

But I don't understand how Pattis can claim anomaly on Albany unless he has an alternative theory for FD/MT location during that time period when their phones pinged over the 4 mile stretch. Are they going to claim that they both gave their phones to someone and that someone needed to get rid of items in the black bags that just happened to have JD blood on them? Oh, and the 2 people on Albany were body doubles for FO and MT? Oh, and a bloody knife that was found possibly with JD blood on it on Albany route was placed there by this someone else and ditto for the VV shirt and bra? Just not seeing it but I'm open to ideas!!!

Anomaly=Word Salad coming from the mouth of a Narc. Code for: My client didn't think he'd be caught on Albany Ave and now we've got a problem. Anomaly definition: something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected. You are getting tripped up on that word because it's usage is not really correct here. The only anomaly is in the mind of FD who did not expect to be caught on camera.

Ok. Will go back and listen again. But how can Albany be defined as an anomaly? Your client and accomplice were viewed in HD on CCTV with bags and were disposing of items on Albany. This wasn't household waste that they didn't want in their house over the long weekend either as the warrant said blood was seen on the bags. Don't understand the use of this word anomaly (usually means deviation from a common rule, arrangement or form) at all. I could see inexplicable but not anomaly.

The 2 major pieces from the arrest warrant are 1) violent act in the garage at Welles and blood spatter with clean up and 2) FO and MT on Albany with the bags. I would add 3) 2 hrs at MS (my guess is dismembering the body but we have no info on this yet so its pure speculation). 1 and 2 are fact based from arrest warrant. MOO
I am with you. It's not in the audio. They left that out. It's in the article.

I think he is just blowing smoke. MOO.

Yep.

Alternate Facts.
Yep, I'll take your Alternative Facts but raise you to FAKE NEWS!

Wild times in Pattisville!

3 months since JD went missing. Hope this week brings us some answers!

Thanks for all the help on anomaly. I really do try to understand what Pattis is saying but I kept reading and simply couldn't see that word in that sentence given the fact pattern and timeline as we generally understand them to be.

I guess a true anomaly in this case would be something truthful from Pattis!

MOOOOOOO

Yep, I'll take your Alternative Facts but raise you to FAKE NEWS!

Wild times in Pattisville!

3 months since JD went missing. Hope this week brings us some answers!

Thanks for all the help on anomaly. I really do try to understand what Pattis is saying but I kept reading and simply couldn't see that word in that sentence given the fact pattern as we generally understand them to be. I guess a true anomaly in this case would be something truthful from Pattis!

MOOOOOOO

FAKE NEWS!!! Love it!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

See how he dances around a cohesive narrative, though? "We believe it is not physically possible" to prove FD could murder Jennifer (in some unspecified time frame). "I have a good idea" what certain evidence is going to prove. Deliberately vague language is his dance.

He also claims some unspecified "records" are going to expose a blockbuster, deep dark, secret, but never, ever says what that secret is. Is he now back to claiming revenge suicide? Is he now again implying that Jennifer voluntarily left her children, as if SHE is somehow the one who has orchestrated this entire nightmare? What an absolute mess of an interview, what a mess of a narrative.

FD must be getting angry that he is not viewed as the victim, so it is back to NP blaming JD for her own murder, and making generalized claims that the State cannot "prove" FD's guilt, without ever discussing a single fact that exonerates his client. He is sowing doubt, not establishing innocence.

Again, no defendant is obligated to prove their innocence in a criminal trial. The burden of proof always rests with the State. IME, however, there has to be some explanation for how the State got it wrong. Now, this can be accomplished without the defendant ever taking the stand, as happened in Micheal Jackson, OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony, primarily through cross-examination of the State's own witnesses.

High profile prosecutions can go very, very wrong, IMO because of all of the publicity surrounding them, so NP is following a well-worn playbook of publicly casting doubt on the State's evidence. He is not, however, even attempting to pretend either he or his client care about what actually happened to Jennifer. How very telling is his indifference to her well-being! NP knows Jennifer is dead, and has abandoned any pretense of concern for her. She is once again "the enemy".

I hope the jurors who ultimately decide this case will follow the jury instruction, given in most states, to not confuse generalized speculation with reasonable doubt. NP is working overtime to keep the speculation front and center because that is all he has to work with.

Pattis patter here is interesting.

Again speaks about the FO 'excellent relationship' with his children, seeing his children and custody. Not sure that the record supports much of this claim and again I wish Pattis/Rochlin would put some fact based info out there to support the claims of 'excellent relationship'. As is, it seems doesn't seem credible.

Its mind blowing to me that these Pattis convos with the press are always one way events. Don't the press folks have any questions? Or does No Case Norm just do one way convos that are scripted? Certainly seems that way based on what we have seen. I could think of a million questions to ask as I'm sure could everyone here. Why doesn't Rochlin use his extensive FB experience to host an open question hour with Pattis on the issue of FD and custody and FO relationship with his children? I think the JD blog shed quite a bit of light on the 'excellent relationship' and so I'm sorry to be a bit sceptical here of the Pattis/Rochlin motives. But if Pattis/Rochlin shed some light on FO as a parent with some examples it might make the Pattis patter on the topic a bit more relevant.

The claim about how the children 'need a voice' in this process and are being used as pawns IMO is a bit rich given that Pattis and Rochlin are arguing for attys for 2 oldest and asking for extensive records on the children. Why?

The Pattis/Rochlin strategy IMO should be debated here as IMO they are turning the children into weapons in a larger battle with GF but perhaps there is an alternative POV? Pattis of course doesn't elaborate on how giving a voice to traumatized and grieving 13/14 yo is going to help them or this process and has Pattis and his battallion of experts thought that asking a 13/14 yo to step up into this cesspit might just harm them irreparably?

Long ago a book was written about Gloria Vanderbilt/GV that I think was called "Poor Little Rich Girl". GV was herself a subject of a long court battle for custody and the impact of being involved in that process had life long consquences that were well documented in that sad story. Does FO care about the mental well being of his children or is he looking for a quick 'win' or 'strike' in his ongoing slugfest with GF in court? IDK. I think the use of the word PAWN by Pattis is precisely correct here but its not of GF making as reading through her motions to court the focus is on the emotional and physical well being of the children in an emotionally turbulent time.

I'm also not seeing how Pattis/Rochlin can make any credible argument for FO supervised visitation either now with tampering/hindering and FO taking the 5th on the topic of his involvement in the disappearance of JD. I'd frankly love to see the argument in support of visitation of any kind now and I'd actually pay money to buy a ticket to see the same argued in court when murder charges drop on FO and MT.

MOO
NP is supposed to be OUT of the family case, it is thought because he had admitted to using a draft "confidential" memo, which I believe is being claimed to have been stolen form the GAL, or otherwise unlawfully possessed? NP is injecting himself into an area he removed himself from for a reason! I would normally suggest that he should tread lightly, but I do not think he believes the rules apply to him.

As FD presses to drag the 13 year olds into the fray, factors that hopefully the judge considers, in an article on the public health implications of childhood loss in today’s NYT:

“A child’s response to major loss depends on several factors, including the cause of death, the closeness of the relationship and the child’s developmental stage. Very young children may not yet understand what death means. They’ll come to that awareness later, as their intellect matures. Tweenagers may grasp the concept cognitively but don’t yet have the emotional maturity to manage the feelings that arise. They’ll have to attend to those later. Teenagers have to balance the typical tasks of adolescence with the extraordinary demands of mourning. If overwhelmed by both, they may push one aside for a while, only to revisit it 10 years down the road. Or 20. Or more. This is how childhood grief becomes protracted over a lifetime.

Most of all, early, major loss can derail a life narrative and shatter a child’s sense of safety and assumptions about the future. As Anderson Cooper shared, his father’s death “changed the trajectory of my life. I am a different person than I feel like I was meant to be.”

Opinion | I Couldn’t Say ‘My Mother’ Without Crying

As FD presses to drag the 13 year olds into the fray, factors that hopefully the judge considers, in an article on the public health implications of childhood loss in today’s NYT:

“A child’s response to major loss depends on several factors, including the cause of death, the closeness of the relationship and the child’s developmental stage. Very young children may not yet understand what death means. They’ll come to that awareness later, as their intellect matures. Tweenagers may grasp the concept cognitively but don’t yet have the emotional maturity to manage the feelings that arise. They’ll have to attend to those later. Teenagers have to balance the typical tasks of adolescence with the extraordinary demands of mourning. If overwhelmed by both, they may push one aside for a while, only to revisit it 10 years down the road. Or 20. Or more. This is how childhood grief becomes protracted over a lifetime.

Most of all, early, major loss can derail a life narrative and shatter a child’s sense of safety and assumptions about the future. As Anderson Cooper shared, his father’s death “changed the trajectory of my life. I am a different person than I feel like I was meant to be.”

Opinion | I Couldn’t Say ‘My Mother’ Without Crying

From Sleuth66's post above:
Tweenagers may grasp the concept cognitively but don’t yet have the emotional maturity to manage the feelings that arise. They’ll have to attend to those later. Teenagers have to balance the typical tasks of adolescence with the extraordinary demands of mourning. If overwhelmed by both, they may push one aside for a while, only to revisit it 10 years down the road. Or 20. Or more. This is how childhood grief becomes protracted over a lifetime.

The portion bolded is absolutely my fear. Too often I've witnessed teenagers refuse counseling following a major loss. IMO, this behavior can cause problems which the kids won't/can't address. They want to continue to live as they lived and won't discuss the loss even with their closest friends. And, friends are usually not equipped to help them mourn anyway.

FD's lament that he has suffered the most is hideous.

It's going to take a village to lift these kids up and help them navigate their lives. NP's public suggestions that their mother left them and framed their father is absolutely unconscionable. I can only hope the judge has the means and ability to gag the idjiot. MOO....

P.S. Thank you so much for finding this article. It confirms what I've seen professionally and observed in other children I've known and with whom I've worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member