Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! I can't figure out if Bryer intentionally didn't let him know until the last minute or if he just sort of spaced out on it and didn't even think to tell him until the last minute. His dad's response is initially pretty chill about it, so I don't know why he would have waited until the last minute in telling him, especially knowing about how long he would be driving to see him, except to be a little brat.

MOO

He might have just been excited about leaving, and completely forgot until the last minute when he remembered his dad was coming out. If that's the case, then I wonder if maybe this plan was somewhat of a sudden thing. Otherwise why not mention it to dad when he last visited?

He had already reached Nanaimo on the afternoon of Friday, July 12, when he saw a text from his son that said the two friends were heading to Alberta. He said the message was sent about 8:40 a.m. that day.

Had to read this again.. so he didn’t notice the “text” sent in the morning at 8:40 am until he had already arrived in Nanaimo that afternoon.

Various reasons could be no wifi, he was working and phone left in vehicle, phone had to be charged so he just continued his usual routine, that form of messenger wasn’t their typical way of communicating so it was the last place AS checked, AS wasn’t super glued to his phone.

I apologize if this was discussed and put to rest but has there been any follow up on this story? My coworker posted it in our FB group investigation thread and I've not heard anything on it since and I don't recall seeing anyone talking about here but then there's been so much. I won't rule it out but I'm also suspicious like if this is yet another attempt at sensationalizing business like that salon in Meadow Lake appeared to be doing. I guess it really comes down to did Bryer or Kam in fact possess a Canadian PAL license. I remember I got our American version when I was 12. Also appears to be the similar process in Canada. I was young enough I guess I never even really questioned why I was doing it. It was something Dad told us everyone did at age 12 in Wisconsin and we had to do it if we wanted to go hunting with him which we totally did.

New witness in teen murder spree case

Last edited:
He might have just been excited about leaving, and completely forgot until the last minute when he remembered his dad was coming out. If that's the case, then I wonder if maybe this plan was somewhat of a sudden thing. Otherwise why not mention it to dad when he last visited?
But he knew at least the day before, according to his great-uncle. I think it's certainly possible he was just wrapped up in packing and zoned out on his dad's visit.

AS wasn’t super glued to his phone.
SBM

I suspect this is part of it, too. He's about my own dad's age, and I've noticed a lot of folks that age aren't going to be as glued to their phone, even if they use it a fair amount. MOO

Or as AS stated they spoke nearly every day so had they spoken the day prior or even two days prior? BS was getting ready to leave PA at least the day prior.

SBM We discussed it when the news first rolled out, but it wasn't in an individual article like this one. I think most of us accepted it at face-value, though others were skeptical (and fairly enough).

I wouldn't be surprised if they got the guns legally. And I suspect if they acquired the weapons legally, that Kam was the one with the PAL. But that is just pure speculation. MOO

I'm personally not surprised the gun store, if the story is true, isn't talking. I'm sure that poor clerk was traumatized when he realized what ended up happening. :(

These are the ferry schedules, if anyone is wanting to try and figure out what time they may have crossed based on the text messages with AS.
Metro Vancouver - Vancouver Island and Sunshine Coast Schedules | BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.

I'm guessing the grandmother was getting her dates mixed up, because I don't think they could have made it all the way to Whitehorse, looked for jobs and then decided to go elsewhere, by the dates she said.

Thanks! Will take a peak.

Reading the articles again I’m thinking the Grandmother was not the same person who received the update about Whitehorse not working out, that her day of last contact with BS was accurate and that the other info was from someone else who had contact a day or days later.

To me the time difference (12-hours or so) between when BS sent the message and when AS replied suggests AS doesn't have a data plan.
That's very likely!

He may have been working that day, left right after work, and didn't notice the text until around 7:37 p.m.

He said he went to visit Bryer every payday. I wouldn't be surprised if he left after work, depending on what kind of work he does that could easily be at 5 pm, to go to the bank to cash his check (have to stand in line with everyone else on a Friday), and then left on the drive out of routine. With that kind of a timeline, it doesn't strike me as unusual at all.

Yeah, I think it probably wasn't 'afternoon' that he saw the text, it must have been evening, just before his 7:37 response. It's strange he didn't see the text until he was in Nanaimo, but I suppose he could have went to tell his son that he would be there in an hour.

Yeah, so it may have been a spur of the moment decision by Bryer and Kam. That may be why Bryer told his father and grandmother different stories, they didn't have a set plan. If I am remembering correctly, Kam told the gentleman in Cold Lake that his parents told him to go for a long joyride. That might be true.

My dad did the same thing at their age. He and his friends drove up to the Yukon just for fun.

If I am remembering correctly, Kam told the gentleman in Cold Lake that his parents told him to go for a long joyride. That might be true.
I've kind of wondered if that was something Kam's parents or another relative teased him about when he told them whatever story he did about his upcoming trip because it just sounded like some excuse for a road trip with his best friend. "What is this, some kind of joy-ride?" So when the guy in Cold Lake asked and Kam gave that answer, Kam was being a typical smart aleck teenager but also repeating back something that was already in his head. MOO

@cartman that's probably best answered by a moderator, but per TOS:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

Last edited:
I still think AS sending the FB message of “are you ‘there’ yet?” a little odd.

My assumption in reading it was that AS didn't know where "there" truly was, so he put quotation marks around it in a sarcastic reference to that point.

In listening to AS speak in the media and on 60 Minutes, to me, he has a quirky yet astute manner of expressing himself. So, I always thought of it as making the point that he didn't really know where, exactly, they were going. JMO

He had already reached Nanaimo on the afternoon of Friday, July 12, when he saw a text from his son that said the two friends were heading to Alberta. He said the message was sent about 8:40 a.m. that day.

Had to read this again.. so he didn’t notice the “text” sent in the morning at 8:40 am until he had already arrived in Nanaimo that afternoon.

Various reasons could be no wifi, he was working and phone left in vehicle, phone had to be charged so he just continued his usual routine, that form of messenger wasn’t their typical way of communicating so it was the last place AS checked, AS wasn’t super glued to his phone.

Could also be the little detail of it’s absolutely illegal to touch your phone while driving. Hard to check messenger when you know it could net you a huge fine.

While I agree with your overall point, I love the NYTimes. They've won 127 Pulitzers. No media entity can be perfect but to act like they're some two bit publication makes no sense.

There's a lot to criticize them on, but that's a discussion for another time. A media outlet with adequate quality control would not publish a misleading article like the one that was discussed.

My assumption in reading it was that AS didn't know where "there" truly was, so he put quotation marks around it in a sarcastic reference to that point.

In listening to AS speak in the media and on 60 Minutes, to me, he has a quirky yet astute manner of expressing himself. So, I always thought of it as making the point that he didn't really know where, exactly, they were going. JMO

Well I just hope AS has been cooperative with police. For whatever reason during the course of his several media interviews, he’s chosen not to offer clarity to the public about his last interactions with B, which is his right. And neither have B’s mom, grandmother or Ks parents, or anyone else who was aware of their plans to head up north aside from the great-uncle.

This type of information would be of interest to the investigation in understanding the circumstances of the departure of the two from Port Alberni, considering the homicides of L&C occurred two nights later.

Last edited:
Agreed! I can't figure out if Bryer intentionally didn't let him know until the last minute or if he just sort of spaced out on it and didn't even think to tell him until the last minute. His dad's response is initially pretty chill about it, so I don't know why he would have waited until the last minute in telling him, especially knowing about how long he would be driving to see him, except to be a little brat.

MOO

Maybe he felt bad since it sounds like Alan and Bryer discussed it (maybe even with Kam included) and it was sorta decided they would work for a few months and then do the whole “leave town and find work”. For some reason they decided to leave early (maybe Kam was anxious to get going?) and Bryer agreed to it. Not wanting to disappoint his father he was reluctant to tell him and waited until the last moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member