CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you're wrong there, as her nephew has said that would be her style. He has even posted at least one photo showing Barb dressed like that while camping in the desert.
Yes there was one photo of Barbara dressed like that while "camping" in the desert. There are also pics of Barb in a bikini while in the water. I don't believe for one second that Barb hikes in her bikini in the desert. She might strip down to her bra and undies for hubs to take a sexy pic. But she doesn't hike in the desert in a bikini or her underwear period. IMO

Here's a link to PommyMommy's post in the media thread. A collection of photos of Barbara and family originally posted by our VI.
Such a good looking, beautiful gal. She just looks like someone you’d want to hang out with. I especially love that she has a pet close at hand in almost every pic. This is really heartbreaking.

Such a good looking, beautiful gal. She just looks like someone you’d want to hang out with. I especially love that she has a pet close at hand in almost every pic. This is really heartbreaking.
Yes, her dazzling smile just lights up her face. I'm so glad that dbdb11 shared those lovely photos with us.

RE: the 'black bikini and hiking boots".

My question is, 1. who saw her dressed that way; and 2. was she wearing sunglasses?
Her husband RT said he saw her dressed that way that day, no one else.

I haven't seen any mention of her wearing sunglasses that day.

It has always been a confusing aspect of this case, IMO, that the photo of BT that LE posted right away showed the top half of BT in a black bikini top or bra, wearing sunglasses and a red hat (presumably given to them by RT right away -- MOO he had it on the dashboard or visor in the truck or somewhere in the RV, and handed it to them on the scene).

When she disappeared, RT said she was wearing that same outfit, sans sunglasses. Oh, and maybe a red & white hat, instead of just a red hat. But very similar just the same.

MOO

Yes there was one photo of Barbara dressed like that while "camping" in the desert. There are also pics of Barb in a bikini while in the water. I don't believe for one second that Barb hikes in her bikini in the desert. She might strip down to her bra and undies for hubs to take a sexy pic. But she doesn't hike in the desert in a bikini or her underwear period. IMO
Hiking, no.
But I'm getting the impression that the word means different things to different people.
In the UK, hiking is long-distance. People dress appropriately and carry a lot of gear with them.
But going from that parking spot to those rocks? I would call that a walk.

Hiking, no.
But I'm getting the impression that the word means different things to different people.
In the UK, hiking is long-distance. People dress appropriately and carry a lot of gear with them.
But going from that parking spot to those rocks? I would call that a walk.
Fine, call it a walk. We also saw a pic of Robert on the top of a rock with out a shirt on in his shorts. I wonder if Robert went on that two mile walk in just his shorts , hiking boots, socks, a pack with beer a gallon of water and his camera, with no shirt on?

But would he just have left her there? Out in the open? Possibly.

Or whoever walked with her out there might have done something else.

Still, if you walk a 69 year old woman far enough and then abandon her, the chances of it being fatal are pretty high. Leaving someone alone in the desert for an hour can be fatal (like leaving your child in the car).

I just thought of something that I haven't seen mentioned. Was their 5th wheel also a "toy hauler"? If you're not familiar, some RVs have a small garage, of sorts, in the back where a motorcycle, golf cart, ATV, etc. can be transported. The 5th wheel and truck could be parked in a pull-off, and the "toy" could be driven practically anywhere.

(Not accusing anyone of anything.)

Oddly, my friend who lives in Las Vegas, hasn't heard much about this. Is that because it happened in California?

Does your friend read a few news sources? There really is no more local news. It's all from the wire.

Most people don't subscribe to or read a (paywalled) local paper. I don't.

It was in the Daily Mail, for free. It was sensationalized but accurate. That's the only really big news agency that paid much attention to it (besides whoever owns Inside Edition and affiliates).

There is evidence that this was her preferred style. And I can tell you, I have pictures of a cousin and a friend out there in bikinis, doing way more than a short hike (aged 45 and 57). They're not going to stop doing this, I predict. And they are very different kinds of people (one is a physician).

It was supposed to be a 2 mile (RT) walk. Maybe an hour out there. It was cooler than it was in her front yard that day...

I don't know what pictures you've seen, but I haven't yet see any of her with a bikini in the water. Was it here that you saw it? Or social media? I have seen pictures on social media, but those are unverified and I'm not going to say much about what was in them.

You have seen the LE provided picture of her in the desert with a bikini top, right.

Finally - can you say how it is relevant to you? Most of us have mentioned at length why it's important to know what a victim/MP is wearing - but what's the relevance of denying what LE says and MSM says are the facts of the matter? Also, the VI and her husband also say the same thing.

And I tell you've, see it done. This was not a long hike so she wasn't crazy.

If BT fell down a steep slope miles distant from where they were walking when RT said she disappeared, and perished from the fall and/or heat, would her death be considered 'natural causes'?

If there was no proof that anyone was with her or caused her to fall or left her alone and incapacitated or dead on purpose?

Just wondering in terms of 'COD-speak' if her body is found at the bottom of a ravine, mine, canyon rim, rockslide, rock formation, etc., and no evidence can be found as to why or how she fell, if 'natural causes' would be on the coroners' certificate, or something else like "mechanical failure" (medical term meaning someone tripped or fell) or "unknown", and how these different CODs may affect payout on any life insurance policy in BT's name?
MOO

No, if she died of broken bones, bleeding and brain injury following a fall, that would be death by misadventure (accident). It would be investigated as a possible homicide.

If there was no evidence of the fall (remains completely skeletonized and no broken or damaged bones, etc) then, a body just found lying near a precipice would probably be considered natural causes. Ultimately, the coroner decides. And they are, in San Bernardino, as in most places in California, employees of the Sheriff or the Sheriff himself.

A body found in the desert with no visible cause of death, near no precipices, etc will probably be called "Unknown cause of death," "Unknown manner of death, probable heat stroke" or something like that. If some organs are preserved, then a better chance of diagnosing CoD.

I'm sure you know this, but just in case others don't, when someone does have broken bones, it's pretty easy to tell whether they were pushed or fell and from what height, etc. In some cases, though, it's very close (slight push?) and ultimately, impossible to prove forensically.

There is evidence that this was her preferred style. And I can tell you, I have pictures of a cousin and a friend out there in bikinis, doing way more than a short hike (aged 45 and 57). They're not going to stop doing this, I predict. And they are very different kinds of people (one is a physician).

It was supposed to be a 2 mile (RT) walk. Maybe an hour out there. It was cooler than it was in her front yard that day...

I don't know what pictures you've seen, but I haven't yet see any of her with a bikini in the water. Was it here that you saw it? Or social media? I have seen pictures on social media, but those are unverified and I'm not going to say much about what was in them.

You have seen the LE provided picture of her in the desert with a bikini top, right.

Finally - can you say how it is relevant to you? Most of us have mentioned at length why it's important to know what a victim/MP is wearing - but what's the relevance of denying what LE says and MSM says are the facts of the matter? Also, the VI and her husband also say the same thing.

And I tell you've, see it done. This was not a long hike so she wasn't crazy.
These are the pictures I've seen. Posted by dbdb11. Post #37
AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

Fine, call it a walk. We also saw a pic of Robert on the top of a rock with out a shirt on in his shorts. I wonder if Robert went on that two mile walk in just his shorts , hiking boots, socks, a pack with beer a gallon of water and his camera, with no shirt on?

I didn't see this! Must be fairly recent? It wouldn't be surprising. I keep saying that this is as normal as taking the tube in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member