Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of journalism i think the Lancashire Telegraph/LancsLive coverage of this case has been excellent right from the start. Their reporting of the facts as we know them has been informative and they have kept Lindsay's name out there in the public eye without being sensationalist.

the bins would have been emptied ....maybe a trip to landfill is required

With the pub being closed for refurb and noone having "put bins out" it may still prove to be a fruitful search. That's assuming these are local authority route bins.
If they are private the collections might have been put on hold?
Trying to keep positive.

Perhaps the body which was recovered was 'incomplete' and they are still searching for parts?

Regarding a sexual motive given that it's been reported that a clear time of death hasn't been established it's reasonable to assume this is because the body was in poor condition and so any evidence of sexual assault isn't available?

With the pub being closed for refurb and noone having "put bins out" it may still prove to be a fruitful search. That's assuming these are local authority route bins.
If they are private the collections might have been put on hold?
Trying to keep positive.

Maybe it is a forensic search as opposed to looking for an object, hence the white suits and not dressed in normal black police uniforms with gloves on like they where in their search of the bottom end of the cemetery on Saturday? JMO

if he killed her there,behind the pub then i'm wondering why go to such complicated lengths of removing the body to the cemetery

why not leave at the back of the pub? both areas just as likely for the body to be found imo

if he killed her there,behind the pub then i'm wondering why go to such complicated lengths of removing the body to the cemetery

why not leave at the back of the pub? both areas just as likely for the body to be found imo
Bare in mind he’s 16 years old and quite possibly very immature and maybe mentally impaired. MOO

It's exactly this that i just can't get my head around at all. I'm so sorry I can't remember now who put the idea forward now but someone said that maybe a family member may live in close proximity and they were due back from holls or something. I just can't think what might have sparked the idea to move her body (assuming that LB was - and I really hope she was not - in that bin).

Perhaps the body which was recovered was 'incomplete' and they are still searching for parts?

Regarding a sexual motive given that it's been reported that a clear time of death hasn't been established it's reasonable to assume this is because the body was in poor condition and so any evidence of sexual assault isn't available?

That's extremely likely. If Lindsay was killed on the 12 August and her body found 12 days later then it would be badly decomposed as well as possibly dismembered, so no chance of any evidence of a sexual assault.

Just going back to the why move the body thing. Someone else pointed out yesterday that the images of Lindsay passing by the bungalow were first published/ televised on the 16th which is the day before he was caught on CCTV. Perhaps seeing the image so close to where she actually still "was" that spooked him to decide to go on the move. MOO

I'd have thought there would be plenty of opportunities to examine for sexual assault. . Two weeks is not a massive amount of time. DNA and body fluids for one example...jmo though

Just going back to the why move the body thing. Someone else pointed out yesterday that the images of Lindsay passing by the bungalow were first published/ televised on the 16th which is the day before he was caught on CCTV. Perhaps seeing the image so close to where she actually still "was" that spooked him to decide to go on the move. MOO

That makes a lot of sense

I think this is the most puzzling part of this case - why leave the body in the cemetery? I'm sure that the police would have checked any wheelie bins in the cemetery during their searches so i think that the bin must have been put there either late on Friday 23 or in the early hours of 24 August.

There is plenty of other isolated woodland in the area around The Coppice and Peel Park to hide a body so why the cemetery? The only thing i can think of is that if this 16 year-old lad does have some mental health issues then maybe he links the dead body with the cemetery for some reason? Either that or he's incredibly naive - for example his mental capacity is younger than that of a 16 year-old?

They were first released on Wednesday 14 August.

I would have thought they would have done that days ago!

With this being a fast paced and developing enquiry, there will be a list of actions, which are prioritised based on where the evidence is leading and the resources available. The prioritisation will change based on developing circumstances.

If evidence can be preserved and secured then it is not essential for scenes of crime to be jumping straight in there and doing the detailed evidence gathering techniques.

i think that the bin must have been put there either late on Friday 23 or in the early hours of 24 August.

Hi @WiseOwl. I'd be inclined to agree with you, but the CCTV of him pulling the bin was on the 17th. Are you thinking he headed perhaps to another location before the cemetery out in the open then? I am not sure where Highams Fields are - I've not had the chance to look at maps today.

The 17th and the 24th are both Saturdays. I'm wondering if there's a possibility he is/was only in that vicinity on the weekends? That said LB disappeared on a Monday afternoon, so. Just thinking as I'm going. All MOO and thoughts of course.

I'd have thought there would be plenty of opportunities to examine for sexual assault. . Two weeks is not a massive amount of time. DNA and body fluids for one example...jmo though
Thank you. Can they add sex assault charges later, or would they have to charged him at the same time as the murder charge? In the US, charges can be added on pretty much any time up to trial if evidence is there.

With this being a fast paced and developing enquiry, there will be a list of actions, which are prioritised based on where the evidence is leading and the resources available. The prioritisation will change based on developing circumstances.

If evidence can be preserved and secured then it is not essential for scenes of crime to be jumping straight in there and doing the detailed evidence gathering techniques.
Thank you for your expert information.
So they would have secured the bins and awaited forensics to examine them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member