Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small thing, but is there a way for the mods to remove the silver alert tag in the title? Every time I see it, I feel it's being disrespectful to Jennifer.

The definition of a silver alert is:

While it might be factually true that a silver alert was called for her, it seems more than likely in my opinion that this was at FD's instigation, since he appears to be pushing for a Gone Girl scenario and alleging JD had a mental break and ran off abandoning her kids. There is no evidence that JD was not of sound mind at the time of her disappearance. In fact everything points towards foul play.

As is becoming clearer and clearer every day, JD was in fact a loving mother, with enough inner strength and mental fortitude to leave an abusive cheating husband and fight legally for her rights and to protect her kids from a narcissistic, scamming *advertiser censored**hole of a father.

Every time I see that silver alert tag it reminds me of the character assassination this suspect is still perpetrating on a woman who can no longer speak up for herself and who is likely violently murdered by his hands.

Is there a way that we can change this, out of respect for the victim?

In CT we have Silver Alert and Amber Alert.

Amber is for children and typically, Silver for seniors and those with impairment.

However, Silver can and is used in this type of situation, for lack of a better alternative.

It is LE's prerogative to utilize either system as they see fit.

I have no problem with using Silver with JF's threads. It is accurate and appropriate IMO.

What I wouldn't give for LE to arrest him 5 minutes before Dateline starts, so he can't watch it.
Waiting for AW 3 is not doubt killing Pattisville and FD. I'd like to see a couple more AW's to simply drain the cash and possibly put an end to the "Greek Benefactor".

On Dateline, if its anything like the IMO disasterous Sarah Wallace interview, my guess is that Pattisville might have had limited editing ability.

IMO these interviews are always highly negotiated IMO but we unfortunately don't know exactly how much control Pattisville had of the final product. My guess is that Pattisville and FD were able to view all footage shot that day for the interview and Pattisville might have had to approve the final result.

Doing an interview when an active LE investigation is clearly ongoing as is the case here, is IMO a highly questionable move on the part of Pattisville. I hope this isn't all being done so that some day FD can put forward an appeal for incompetent representation from Pattis & Crew?

Based on the Dateline trailers it just seems that we will see more baiting of the States Atty as to where the body of JD is located as why claim that JD is 'alive'.

Given the details of the AW my guess is that Pattisville perhaps should be careful what they ask for, but we shall see!

MOO

Sure you're right about the mixed feelings! Hope the reports are good.

Being on the sunset side of the U.S., you all in the East will know things before we do. If there's anything exciting, let us know. (Unlike Norm....new information is rather like Christmas morning. Hope I won't be disappointed.)

Tink, if this Dateline is like all the others there will be nothing new.

In fact, their taping was before the second AW so we already know more than they did.

We should all just tuck in early but, of course, we won't!

Bring on the annoyance!

With the new arrest warrant, there has been lots of speculation here about whether FD used those 47 minutes between leaving Welles and passing the NC rest stop on the Merritt to dispose of JDs body down in NC area.

In thinking back to how LE deployed resources, with the 3 week search at MIRA and very little,that we know of past the first week in the NC area, I am thinking they must certainly have gotten some evidence during their searches at 4JC and especially 80MS to make them think her body was taken back to Farmington. While they pulled out all stops in NC in the first days (helicopter, draining pond, Pound Ridge, etc) all efforts quickly shifted up to Hartford area- MIRA of course but also the pond (excuse me “The Pond”) etc up there.

Imagine if with the 3 week search at MIRA with all those LE and dogs working so hard, the $600K+ price tag, and the early abandonment of NC area searches after first 10 days, if JDs body is actually found somewhere down in/around NC. LE would look like they made some bad choices. (I am not saying anything bad about these people, who have worked so hard for so long, but I’m just pointing out they have a reason for the choices that were made in searches, that might inform how we are thinking about the case). Even though lawyers and some experts have weighed in on the warrant #2 and said it looks like the body was left down in NC in that 47 minute window, it seems like there must have been something to justify the resource allocation to Hartford and MIRA which would mean FD brought the body back with him.

OC, I wonder if LE really leaned on Atty. Kent M. the guy who is charged w/ sexual assault on his estranged wife and if LE could get him as
a witness to pre-planning. Or even his estranged wife, his victim. What does she know?
with only two direct witnesses, that's if MT steps up, and EE, then it's up to forensics and digital evidence to convict him. Would that be enough with no body?
The KM angle could be interesting for LE IMO. We already have the 'alibi scripts' in the hands of LE and the fact that they were jointly written by FD and MT (as confirmed by MT) to me shows clearly a coverup was planned.

Going back to Pattisville early statements, he claimed that FD met with an atty in his house on the missing date. We have all guess that this was the infamous KM. KM has so many legal issues of his own now and is most likely going to fighting to not be disbarred as well in the not too distant future. So, KM doesn't need to legally get involved in providing a false alibi for FD for the 24th. I think we all guessed weeks ago that KM was brought in and questioned by LE about whether he was the alibi for the morning of the 24th. We haven't seen the 'alibi scripts' but my guess is that KM was on the list! I just wonder if KM had a role in the planning of the JD murder as so much of what we are seeing in the AW seems to perhaps suggest the involvement of someone with more than a bit of legal cunning?!?

It also became clearer when watching the GH video of the FD latest arrest warrant that MT was so clearly involved in everything going on. GH clearly wasn't as familar with MT as we on WS but as he got into the warrant it was curious how it became increasingly clear to him that MT was intimately involved with the details of the coverup as well as the clean up! Being lost in the weeds a bit on chasing down details on this case since the AW, it helped me see things through GH eyes as he wasn't as lost in the weeds of the details as I've been.

MOO

Waiting for AW 3 is not doubt killing Pattisville and FD. I'd like to see a couple more AW's to simply drain the cash and possibly put an end to the "Greek Benefactor".

On Dateline, if its anything like the IMO disasterous Sarah Wallace interview, my guess is that Pattisville might have had limited editing ability.

IMO these interviews are always highly negotiated IMO but we unfortunately don't know exactly how much control Pattisville had of the final product. My guess is that Pattisville and FD were able to view all footage shot that day for the interview and Pattisville might have had to approve the final result.

Doing an interview when an active LE investigation is clearly ongoing as is the case here, is IMO a highly questionable move on the part of Pattisville. I hope this isn't all being done so that some day FD can put forward an appeal for incompetent representation from Pattis & Crew?

Based on the Dateline trailers it just seems that we will see more baiting of the States Atty as to where the body of JD is located as why claim that JD is 'alive'.

Given the details of the AW my guess is that Pattisville perhaps should be careful what they ask for, but we shall see!

MOO

One thing we can count on is that Pattis got big money from NBC selling photos given to him by FD.

That's how they did it in the Casey Anthony trial. Did you ever see so many photos of one child on TV?

Bet we see lots of Jennifer's sweet children in the future.

Such dirty money, FD, if you ask me!

MOO
you bring up a good point on whether or not Pattis of Fd had final approval on what airs.
Dateline is a pretty popular show and unless they had to beg FD or NP to appear, I can't imagine them giving up editing rights for their approval.
In the olden days in newspapers, we would get those requests to edit but they were always
turned down. why? Because the papers saw it as free publicity (even if it was news) and would never give up editing rights. But maybe
Dateline negotiated this w/ NP. Would love to know. Bet we can figure it out as to how "hardball" the interrogations are. And how biased or balanced the piece is.

God Bless Defensive lawyers! Even ole NP and his foolish ways.

Winston Churchill said it best

“The jury system has come to stand for all we mean by English justice. The scrutiny of 12 honest jurors provides defendants and plaintiffs alike a safeguard from arbitrary perversion of the law.”

Some of the best criminal defense attorneys in the country know better than to go on TV and float theories as facts without doing their homework. Even then, the best say as little as possible about potential factual defenses. Experienced lawyers know better than to lose credibility early on; they also are very aware that clients are rarely the best source of reliable information about what actually occurred. Pattis comes off as extremely naive in relying on the truthfulness of his client, a known liar.

Why do criminal practitioners do what they do? That has been the subject of much discussion within the speciality itself. Many defenders do so out of a belief in the Constitution; they view themselves as upholding our system of democracy. Whether or not we agree with that view, at least it is admirable.

While Mr. Pattis may claim to be a hold this view, his actions are not consistent with his claim. There are many honorable attorneys who defend people and this is not how they do it. Insults, taunts, downright fabrications of fact, calling people "lying lovers." That is what wannabe TV lawyers do, not professional defenders. It demeans the very Constitution he claims to respect. It also puts a bigger bullseye on his client's back.

In fact, one local lawyer interviewed (Maddox) said that this latest arrest was the result of the "adversarial" relationship between Pattis and LE. So has Pattis actually helped or hurt his client with his antics? Even Joey Jackson, a well respected defender, was laughing at Pattis on HLN. Why? Because he knows this is a foolhardy approach to defending this case. Jackson also said he had seen convictions for 1st degree based on less than has already been revealed. He wondered when the other shoe was going to drop for Mr. Dulos.

In the end, it doesn't matter because Dulos is going to be convicted, but I am willing to bet that after Dulos' conviction is affirmed on appeal, he will raise cain about what Pattis is doing now. How soon will the ineffective assistance of counsel claims begin once those prison doors close on him - for the rest of his life?

There seems to be no strategy in this case, other than to pull the whiskers of LE, and that is no strategy at all. More importantly, it is not the way 99.999% of defenders would ever dream of defending this case. If Dulos and his lawyer actually believe Jennifer is alive, neither one of them is acting like it.

The video is good as far as showing the layout of everything. I think he’s wrong on the theory that Fructose (as he calls him lol) dumped JD somewhere in NC just bc of the 30 min time gap. Transporting a person from one car to another could easily have taken that amount of time. Both from effort and just trying to be stealth. I really think he took her up the parkway and was driving 60 mph for a reason. I think he had the location and plan for disposal lined up in Farmington. We shall see. Good video though which gets into good detail on the timeline and locations. I don’t think Fructose has someone with him either. I think he was solo. And I don’t think MT was a conspirator ahead of time. Why would she have to be prepped on alibi notes after the fact in that case? You’d think they would have planned that out if she was truly in on the murder. Idk. Time and facts will tell. That murder charge can’t come soon enough. MOO.
Totally with you on all this! But the visuals with google earth helped with trying to find other ways of looking at things.

EE's atty said he also saw the body being in NC. I'm not sure why I simply can't see it other than possibly leaving the body at Sturbridge or taking the body in bags to the Transfer Station.

But I also think FD really wanted to go through JD phone for whatever reason and while he was sitting on Lapham HE HAD JD PHONE. I think he took time to either download it or copy it or read it all and gather any intel he could from that phone and this could have taken awhile IMO.

I also think it makes sense that the phone was disposed of in Waveny to support his JD missing while jogging narrative and this could easily take 30 min.

Still thinking of possibilities.

But I agree with you that with traffic on Lapham he might have had to wait for a clear timeframe with no views from passing cars or passing joggers or dog walkers in the Park. So, if you have to wait for time with nobody around and needed to look at the phone, then maybe 30-40 min wasn't that long to simply be sitting there on Lapham?

We will have to wait for AW's 3, 4, or possible 5 to see!

MOO

you bring up a good point on whether or not Pattis of Fd had final approval on what airs.
Dateline is a pretty popular show and unless they had to beg FD or NP to appear, I can't imagine them giving up editing rights for their approval.
In the olden days in newspapers, we would get those requests to edit but they were always
turned down. why? Because the papers saw it as free publicity (even if it was news) and would never give up editing rights. But maybe
Dateline negotiated this w/ NP. Would love to know. Bet we can figure it out as to how "hardball" the interrogations are. And how biased or balanced the piece is.
From the clips it doesn't look like FD was pushed hard at all and that as soon as he says, "at the advice of my counsel I cannot answer that" the interviewer backs down unfortunately. My guess is its more 'infotainment' vs traditional journalism.

I don't think we will see any vintage Mike Wallace 60 Minutes kind of tactics here as it looks to be a total game of softball based on the trailers.

But wait and see I guess!

MOO

Totally agree with you and you are absolutely correct!

My post was in no means meant to demean Pattis & Crew or the process of defense for anyone accused of a crime. I apologise in advance if this was what you perceived by my statement. My mindset is much more along the lines of following the evidence and seeing where it goes, rather than the job of the defense atty. which in my mind is quite different. I also was making a statement (perhaps poorly worded) about what I have thought of the exteme victim shaming done by Pattis & Crew which I felt has been absolutely out of order relative to 'defending' his client.

All I can say is "GAME ON" and I'm back to reading the AWs again and looking for clues!

MOO

Afitzy. Our hero. Go Team Farber!!!!

We're one segment in on Dateline and I'm already annoyed!

"Jennifer took her five children and left," is said with no mention of what FD did to drive her to that point!

I'm back in Gimme a Break mode!

Edited to add:

Okay, I feel better after segment#2.
They did talk about FD's affair but failed to mention his insane attempt to move MT and her daughter in with Jennifer and the children.

Isn't that fake-acting friend of Jennifer irritating? The less made up one seems sincere.

Last edited:
With the new arrest warrant, there has been lots of speculation here about whether FD used those 47 minutes between leaving Welles and passing the NC rest stop on the Merritt to dispose of JDs body down in NC area.

In thinking back to how LE deployed resources, with the 3 week search at MIRA and very little,that we know of past the first week in the NC area, I am thinking they must certainly have gotten some evidence during their searches at 4JC and especially 80MS to make them think her body was taken back to Farmington. While they pulled out all stops in NC in the first days (helicopter, draining pond, Pound Ridge, etc) all efforts quickly shifted up to Hartford area- MIRA of course but also the pond (excuse me “The Pond”) etc up there.

Imagine if with the 3 week search at MIRA with all those LE and dogs working so hard, the $600K+ price tag, and the early abandonment of NC area searches after first 10 days, if JDs body is actually found somewhere down in/around NC. LE would look like they made some bad choices. (I am not saying anything bad about these people, who have worked so hard for so long, but I’m just pointing out they have a reason for the choices that were made in searches, that might inform how we are thinking about the case). Even though lawyers and some experts have weighed in on the warrant #2 and said it looks like the body was left down in NC in that 47 minute window, it seems like there must have been something to justify the resource allocation to Hartford and MIRA which would mean FD brought the body back with him.
Agree.

The other thing is that the gap in NC was between 30-40 min and the AWs have him at 80 MS on and off for a good bit longer than this prior to the Albany Avenue trip! Not sure how much to make of the time gap in NC?!?

Driving the body back to Farmington was a risk IMO but maybe he did it because he felt more comfortable there and there was more privacy. The population density in lower FFC is a real issue and even though it looks like lots of trees and somewhat rural on the map, there are lots of houses located very close together (even with mostly 2 acre zoning) for a good portion of the area and the main roads will have traffic all day.

MOO

"Jennifer took her five children and left," is said with no mention of what FD did to drive her to that point!

This is your standard template for a Dateline episode.

Save your anger for the third segment, if things don’t begin to shift.

I’ll be right there with you.

So now we have "JD the Kidnapper"! Oh Pattisville.... IMO the DV folks in CT are going to go to town on this! MOO

So now we have "JD the Kidnapper"! Oh Pattisville.... IMO the DV folks in CT are going to go to town on this! MOO
I have zero issues with this thus far.

They gave the intro that talked about her taking the kids, but then provided context to include the “revenge fantasies,” and the mistress.

One thing we can count on is that Pattis got big money from NBC selling photos given to him by FD.

That's how they did it in the Casey Anthony trial. Did you ever see so many photos of one child on TV?

Bet we see lots of Jennifer's sweet children in the future.

Such dirty money, FD, if you ask me!
lots of pics we have never seen. mt and FD, the
kids. so far, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads