GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

I wonder why bf is being held without bond on the warrants? Are they just holding him for transfer to Bernalillo County or are they still questioning him about Renezmae's disappearance, I wonder?

He's being held for not satisfying conditions of his DWI conviction, ie not paying his fines. I'm sure there was a probation attached to his conviction and if those conditions are not met they go back to jail and cannot bond out until their probation period is up, conditions are met or a judge releases them. It's quite normal to hold them.

He's being held for not satisfying conditions of his DWI conviction, ie not paying his fines. I'm sure there was a probation attached to his conviction and if those conditions are not met they go back to jail and cannot bond out until their probation period is up, conditions are met or a judge releases them. It's quite normal to hold them.
I know, but isn't it usual to send them back to the county that issued the warrants?

"A man who said he is a member of the Calzada family said his relatives do not want to talk to news media until the girl is found. But, he said, dozens of searchers were helping the family look for her in the area of 31 Mile Road — a long, rocky route that leads into national forest territory just west of the city. The area is full of ponderosa pine and piñon trees, as well as prickly pear cactus.

Trucks bearing all-terrain vehicles for use by searchers could be seen moving up that road late Tuesday afternoon. Men and women on foot, on ATVs, in Jeeps and other vehicles could be seen traveling through the area.

Several people interviewed by The New Mexican said they would talk only if their names were not published because they wanted to honor the family’s wishes to not talk to reporters."

Authorities ID man arrested in connection with Española girl’s disappearance

BBM. Interesting.

Noting more geographical references and terrain aspects, from above:

31 Mile Road — a long, rocky route that leads into national forest territory just west of the city. The area is full of ponderosa pine and piñon trees, as well as prickly pear cactus.

News video says LE is searching bf's phone and investigating locations pinged on the phone.

Search continues in Rio Arriba County for missing 5-year-old girl

From above:

“Investigators continue to search the entire Española area, from the river to ravines, and the neighborhood where she went missing.”

Española, New Mexico - Wikipedia

Interactive Map Gallery | Espanola, NM

ArcGis | Espanola, NM:
https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=a2f1fc2090654eb9a94a31397b491be4

Noting Santa Cruz River, fwiw.

Forestry aspects:

—-

Espanola to Santa Fe:

34 min (25.4 mi)
via US-84 E/US Hwy 285 S

Last edited:
Renezmae was last seen playing in her front yard near McCurdy Road and Fairview Lane in Española around 9:45 a.m. Investigators said the girl’s mother called 911 to report her daughter missing around 6 p.m -- almost 10 hours later.
Police said the girl’s family is cooperating and they don't believe her parents were involved. They also said this is an active investigation and their current focus is to find the child.

"We will follow every single lead, we will leave no stone unturned to bring Renezmae home," said James Langenberg, a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
Search for missing girl enters Day 4

This is quite a head scratcher. I've not followed many, if any, New Mexico cases so I'm not familiar with the way LE operates regarding the public when a child goes missing. IOW, what information they disclose, policy on declaring POIs, etc.

I guess all we can do for now is wait and see what develops. IMO it's looking pretty grim at the moment as so many days have passed. I hope LE has much more information than they're sharing. :(

SEP 11, 2019, 11:46 am CDT
Search for New Mexico girl stretches into third day
[...]

The FBI is assisting the Rio Arriba County sheriff on the case. Authorities planned a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

[...]

Renezmae remained missing Wednesday following searches along a rural road and other areas surrounding Espanola.

[...]

Last edited:
FBI Albuquerque
Ayudanos a traer a Renezmae a su casa. El #FBI y nuestros aliados aún buscan a Renezmae Calzada quien desapareció en Española NM el fin de semana. Cualquier información llama al 505-753-5555.
@MissingKids #AMBERAlert!

Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
Help us bring Renezmae home. The #FBI and our allies are still looking for Renezmae Calzada who disappeared in Española NM over the weekend. Any information call 505-753-5555.
@MissingKids #AMBERAlert !

11:36 AM · Sep 11, 2019·Hootsuite Inc.

I've now seen 6:30, 6:45, and 8:00.
Yep... Many inconsistencies....

and did we really read that it was MOM that saw RC at the
"Around 9:00 a.m. (Or 9:30 a.m. Or 9:45a.m. Etc.)" Time on Sunday?

Or did we assume it was mom that saw her as mom left for work...

I have read all pages...
But now I am not certain...

JMO...

Cameras/videos would not be the norm here. According to county records, the road where she was reported missing is almost wholly owned by family.

Everyone is considered a primo/prima. You never leave anyone's house empty-handed; a parting gift is a must. Everyone steps up to help each other without question/pay/ulterior motive. People do what everyone does: get kids off to school, go off to work, extra curricula activities, large family dinner prep, ready for next day. Some also have small farm activity/animal care. There are orchards abundant: apples, cherries, berries, melons, squash, gourds, pinto beans, dried chili (ristra), world famous green chili (if you have never smelled green chili roasting during the late summer, you are missing out on one of the most wonderful scents on earth!!!). Many roadside fruit stands pop up during summer and early fall. Families spend weekends in the vast wilderness (NM is the "Land of Enchantment") hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, picnicking, rafting, horse-back riding, skiing, snowboarding and EVERYONE is invited and welcome to participate. The more, the merrier.

I know I'm not doing justice to the culture of Northern NM. One has to observe/participate in this culture to fully understand it. It's hard to describe.
sounds like a slice of heaven to me!

Yep... Many inconsistencies....

and did we really read that it was MOM that saw RC at the
"Around 9:00 a.m. (Or 9:30 a.m. Or 9:45a.m. Etc.)" Time on Sunday?

Or did we assume it was mom that saw her as mom left for work...

I have read all pages...
But now I am not certain...

JMO...
Yes, it was reported that her mother last saw her in the yard. I'll see if I can find it. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back