GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

SEP 11, 2019
No suspects in custody in the search for a missing 5-year-old
[...]

Wednesday morning, the Sheriff's office confirmed to KOAT, the man they have in custody was arrested on three outstanding warrants out of Bernalillo County, but none are connected to the disappearance of Renezmae Calzada.

[...]

Monday afternoon, the girl's mom, relatives and friends gathered in a remote area a few blocks from the girl's home to search for clues or suspicious evidence that might help them find out what happened to the girl. Many volunteered their own ATVs to help in the search.

"I guess they enjoyed coming up here for whatever reason, so they thought it was a good idea to start here," said Pablo Montoya, with the Española Fire Department. "They’ve kinda taken it amongst themselves to start searching. I don’t think there’s any detailed specific information leading us to any one place yet."

[...]

"A man who said he is a member of the Calzada family said his relatives do not want to talk to news media until the girl is found. But, he said, dozens of searchers were helping the family look for her in the area of 31 Mile Road — a long, rocky route that leads into national forest territory just west of the city. The area is full of ponderosa pine and piñon trees, as well as prickly pear cactus.

Trucks bearing all-terrain vehicles for use by searchers could be seen moving up that road late Tuesday afternoon. Men and women on foot, on ATVs, in Jeeps and other vehicles could be seen traveling through the area.

Several people interviewed by The New Mexican said they would talk only if their names were not published because they wanted to honor the family’s wishes to not talk to reporters."

Authorities ID man arrested in connection with Española girl’s disappearance

BBM. Interesting.

I cannot understand why there is not a confirmed last sighting of her and where she was - it seems we are bouncing around ? Where can she be ? JMO
Her mother last saw her playing in the yard about 9:30 (some reports say 9:45). If whoever was watching her that day has confirmed that, I don't think we've heard. Maybe they have. ? MOO

SEP 11, 2019
Search continues for missing New Mexico girl Renezmae Calzada
[...]

Crews in New Mexico continue to search for a missing 5-year-old girl who reportedly vanished from her Espanola home Sunday morning.

[...]

Deputies initially detained the mother's boyfriend, Malcolm Torres, on unrelated warrants but said Tuesday that he isn't considered to be a suspect in the case, Albuquerque Journal reported. Authorities have not charged anyone in connection with the girl's disappearance, according to KOB.

Officials told KOAT that Renezmae's family members have been cooperating with authorities.

"Bobbie Gutierrez, superintendent of Española Public Schools, said Calzada was enrolled in Eutimio “Tim” Salazar III Elementary School. She said FBI agents came by the school Tuesday to interview staff members about the girl. The district gave searchers access to the Española Valley High School campus as a staging area Monday “as the neighborhood she was last reported as being seen is near the high school.”

There was no evidence of search teams staging out of the high school Tuesday morning."

Authorities ID man arrested in connection with Española girl’s disappearance

SEP 11, 2019
Search continues for missing New Mexico girl Renezmae Calzada
[...]

Crews in New Mexico continue to search for a missing 5-year-old girl who reportedly vanished from her Espanola home Sunday morning.

[...]

Deputies initially detained the mother's boyfriend, Malcolm Torres, on unrelated warrants but said Tuesday that he isn't considered to be a suspect in the case, Albuquerque Journal reported. Authorities have not charged anyone in connection with the girl's disappearance, according to KOB.

Officials told KOAT that Renezmae's family members have been cooperating with authorities.
It seems like LE doesn't think Renezmae just wandered away. I'd like to know why they issued an Amber Alert. Something's off.

Her mother last saw her playing in the yard about 9:30 (some reports say 9:45). If whoever was watching her that day has confirmed that, I don't think we've heard. Maybe they have. ? MOO
Maybe the person watching her assumed she left with mom at 9:30 am? That would explain why she wasn't reported missing for 10 hours.

It seems like LE doesn't think Renezmae just wandered away. I'd like to know why they issued an Amber Alert. Something's off.
The Amber Alert was issued because she is 5 years old and missing. MOO

No suspects in custody in the search for a missing 5-year-old
"Anytime a 5-year-old is missing, we’re going to assume she is in danger," said James Lujan, the Rio Arriba County sheriff. "If she’s not with the family, then we’re going to assume she’s in danger."

Morning everyone!

Do we know the time lapse between when RC went missing, and when the man was arrested on other charges by LE?

How long had she been missing when he was stopped?

Did LE immediately ask him when he had seen RC last? Is he cooperating with LE?

Have they served a SW to impound his car to be forensically tested?

Has LE said he is a POI or not. It seems they would have by now if they think he is with this many days passing now with not finding RC?

Has LE mentioned she could have possibly been abducted by someone else not connected to RC or the families involved?

When is the next PC if LE has said they plan to give an update?

Does LE have investigators in Mexico, and have they notified the Mexican Federales in case whoever took her has taken her over the border against her will?

Sorry for all the many questions, but time constraints hasn't allowed me to keep up as closely as I would like.

One more question please:
Do we know if coyotes human sex traffickers are in the same areas where she was abducted from?

I pray beautiful MaeMae is soon found somewhere alive even though I know it may take years of therapy for her to overcome if they find her in a dangerous situation. :(

Tia!

Jmho

@oceanblueeyes lots of excellent questions. LEO has not come forward with anything much yet. Perhaps they are still trying to get a starting point.

I rather discount the idea of sex traffickers, why bother with a beautiful little girl who has a family in the United States? They could easily pick up a homeless little girl across the border, much less hassle.

I think that the documentation status of the family is relevant, could Renezesme have been picked up by people who brought her or her family across the border, and since they haven't been paid, took her? Is the family involved other issues?

Was the family reluctant to go to the police, because of documentation status? That is a terrible scenario to contemplate.

Did she wander off? Was she with older kids? Who was watching her? Lots of questions.

Any timeline needs a clear starting point IMO. Here we have two different times. 9:30am, and 9:45am.
Is this significant?

What about the clothing? She was reported wearing her clothing from that morning sighting, right? But we really do not know what she was wearing when she disappeared. Only because we don't know 'when' she disappeared. Was it 9:55am? Was it 4:00pm? And did they confirm those articles of clothing as missing? I presume?

No one realized she was gone until her mother returned home?! And called 911 to report her little girl missing. That is a large gap of timeline to fill in quickly!

Any timeline needs a clear starting point IMO. Here we have two different times. 9:30am, and 9:45am.
Is this significant?

What about the clothing? She was reported wearing her clothing from that morning sighting, right? But we really do not know what she was wearing when she disappeared. Only because we don't know 'when' she disappeared. Was it 9:55am? Was it 4:00pm? And did they confirm those articles of clothing as missing? I presume?

No one realized she was gone until her mother returned home?! And called 911 to report her little girl missing. That is a large gap of timeline to fill in quickly!
Well absolutely. My point was that we don't know if mom's statement has been confirmed by anyone else, cameras, etc. MOO

Well absolutely. My point was that we don't know if mom's statement has been confirmed by anyone else, cameras, etc. MOO
I understood that completely. And I hope LE has actively tracked down any video, or digital captures!

Who was really watching over this little girl?! Or, should that be, "was anyone watching over this little girl?"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back