GUILTY NM - Renezmae Calzada, 5, found deceased, Rio Arriba County, 8 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

That’s lovely, pommy.

Since “MaeMae” liked to sing and dance, I would also like to dedicate a song as well; I think she would’ve liked this.

I highly highly recommend this video if you’ve never seen it. Clare is adorable, and reminds me of the young, innocent adorable spirit what I imagine Renezmae would have had.

I’m going to watch it again now and ball. Please take a listen if you can:

Oh my gosh, Magz, that's A-dorable!!! :p Thank you.

Oh my gosh, Magz, that's A-dorable!!! :p Thank you.

It seems really fitting for little Renezmae, doesn’t it? That video is so special. I bet Mae Mae was too.

ETA:
That’s what she should be doing right now, singing with someone who loves her. That’s where she should be, not....

Last edited:
SEP 11, updated Sep 12, 2019, 5:23 a.m. MDT
Hundreds gather to remember 5-year-old Renezmae Calzada
[...]

KRQE News 13 spoke with family friends who knew Renezmae, including one who watched her when she was a toddler. They say she was funny, very smart and loved to sing and dance. Everyone who came out Wednesday night says they were in shock when they heard she had gone missing.

[...]

Hundreds gathered at the plaza in Espanola. Renezmae’s mother and younger brother sat in the middle of the gazebo, surrounded by family and friends. Those who spoke to the crowd asked for the community to pray for the family.

[...]

The family had pastors and prayer leaders speak at the vigil before Renezmae’s little brother lit the first candle, that then spread among the crowd.

Renezmae’s mother briefly addressed the crowd, thanking the volunteers for helping search for her daughter and the community for all its support.

It seems really fitting for little Renezmae, doesn’t it? That video is so special. I bet Mae Mae was too.
Yes, perfect.
t4521.gif

I know we see this over and over but I will never understand how anyone who can hurt a child. Just look at how precious she is! Children are blessings and I will never, ever, ever, ever understand!!!

RZQOXUYLSJBCVIQUFEK4TXBOQA.jpg

Image source: Body of 5-year-old New Mexico girl missing since Sunday found in Rio Grande

ETA: As others have said, may justice be swift! And, I'll add UNMERCIFUL.

Yesterday I saw a local news article from a place there in NM that said the cops had been called there about one month ago because the boyfriend was domestically assaulting the mother. I have looked everywhere for it this evening and can not find it but I 100% did read it yesterday. I haven't saw it anywhere else now, but if the information was accurate that is what probably led to the filing for child support and everything around the same time, I would imagine. What I don't understand is how she filed for all of that, then this one news station says there was physical abuse, and then she puts the kids right back into his care. I guess maybe she had no one else, idk. However, I know I read that somewhere for a fact. Has anyone else saw mention of that information anywhere?
Not sure if this has been posted yet

Last October, Torres was arrested at the home he shared with the girl’s mom, Victoria Maestas, their young son, and Renezmae on Arch Lane in Española. Victoria had marks on her neck and face and a split lip.

She said Torres attacked her in the middle of the night after accusing her of cheating. The case was dismissed for some reason. Technically, he’s behind bars now for failing to pay fines on two of his three DWI convictions and failure to meet with a probation officer.

Search for missing 5-year-old Española girl continues into day four

Investigators from both the FBI and the Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office gave few details about her death during a news conference Wednesday afternoon, other than to say she was found in the river in Española. They also declined to take questions about her disappearance and cause of death, saying they wanted to give her family time to grieve.

But FBI Special Agent James Langenberg indicated a suspect might be at large, telling the assembly: “The investigation has not stopped. We will continue to work until we can identify the responsible party.”

Maj. Randy Sanches, spokesman for the Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office, echoed that thought. In an email after the news conference, he said, “It is fair to say we are now changing the focus of our ongoing investigation to find the person or persons responsible in this tragedy.”

Rio Arriba County Sheriff James Lujan previously had said investigators do not believe the girl’s disappearance involved her parents. A man who has a relationship with Renezmae’s mother, Victoria Maestas, has been identified as a person of interest in the case.

Española girl’s body found in Rio Grande

Investigators from both the FBI and the Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office gave few details about her death during a news conference Wednesday afternoon, other than to say she was found in the river in Española. They also declined to take questions about her disappearance and cause of death, saying they wanted to give her family time to grieve.

But FBI Special Agent James Langenberg indicated a suspect might be at large, telling the assembly: “The investigation has not stopped. We will continue to work until we can identify the responsible party.”

Maj. Randy Sanches, spokesman for the Rio Arriba County Sheriff’s Office, echoed that thought. In an email after the news conference, he said, “It is fair to say we are now changing the focus of our ongoing investigation to find the person or persons responsible in this tragedy.”

Rio Arriba County Sheriff James Lujan previously had said investigators do not believe the girl’s disappearance involved her parents. A man who has a relationship with Renezmae’s mother, Victoria Maestas, has been identified as a person of interest in the case.

From above:

“It is fair to say we are now changing the focus of our investigation...”

Hmmmm, that sounds pretty clear to me now after looking at it on paper...maybe they’re not going to charge MT...hmmmmm....could he really be innocent or maybe trying to pass the buck? DBM

This is so weird.

Well one thing we do know is that she was found relatively close to from where she disappeared...

Last edited:
From above:

“It is fair to say we are now changing the focus of our investigation...”

Hmmmm, that sounds pretty clear to me now after looking at in on paper...maybe they’re not going to charge MT...hmmmmm....could he really be innocent or maybe trying to pass the buck? DBM

This is so weird.

Well one thing we do know is that she was found relatively close to from where she disappeared...
You'd think MT would be at minimum charged with child neglect.

Yeah this is what it kind of seemed like it was heading towards after seeing the clear “changing the focus”...(that’s what my above post with DBM was just about, possibly her being under the care of another family member).

So much for the “ducks in a row re MT” theory.

We will see. Obviously a lot of different stories going around right now. I’m hesitant to believe any msm until we hear from LE.

Again, such a close disposal is potentially indicative of a few things.

Last edited:
hmmmmm.....

"Online blogs and postings about the girl’s disappearance, including Facebook updates, say Maestas was at work all day Sunday and left her daughter in the care of her mother, who did not tell her daughter about the girl’s disappearance until Maestas returned from work."

And now another version of where she was and who she was with??? I don't think I've seen this before - they must be trying to sort out the timeline still? JMO

hmmmmm.....

"Online blogs and postings about the girl’s disappearance, including Facebook updates, say Maestas was at work all day Sunday and left her daughter in the care of her mother, who did not tell her daughter about the girl’s disappearance until Maestas returned from work."

More discrepancies! Grrr!

And still wondering about her not being at school the week prior. Was she simply sick at home with the flu, or what?

Sounds like Mom waited to report it until enough time passed that decomposition might hide the cause of death.

You know I was just thinking about the water and I imagine that and perhaps muddiness ( @AbbeyBabbey, can you please lend any insight on the water itself? Tia! Your local insight has been great here so thank you so much) isn’t going to help things either. But the good news is that Renezmae was found within a few days after LE was notified so at least that is something (as opposed to say, little Lucas).

It’s a good point about decomp considering we still don’t know when she was actually really last seen alive by anyone else, but I’m optimistic atm that hopefully not so much time has gone by that COD will be indeterminable. We do know that disarticulation can occur in water but hopefully that’s not the case.

Whatever the case I think we can bank on homicide as MOD, moo.

Last edited:
You know I was just thinking about the water and I imagine that and perhaps muddiness ( @AbbeyBabbey, can you please lend any insight on the water itself? Tia! Your local insight has been great here so thank you so much) isn’t going to help things either. But the good news is that Renezmae was found within a few days after LE was notified so at least that is something (as opposed to say, little Lucas).

It’s a good point about decomp considering we still don’t know when she was actually really last seen alive by anyone else, but I’m optimistic atm that hopefully not so much time has gone by that COD will be indeterminable. We do know that disarticulation can occur in water but hopefully that’s not the case.

Whatever the case I think we can bank on homicide as MOD, moo.
I don't know if this is correct but, if so, I think it's important to point out that she was found floating.

Five-year-old girl who disappeared playing outside her step-dad’s is found dead in the Rio Grande
Dive crews and an Albuquerque Police boat were seen stalking the edge of the river at the southern part of the town, where they found the girl floating in the water.

18379220-7455091-image-m-28_1568266400988.jpg
18379366-7455091-Dive_crews_and_an_Albuquerque_Police_boat_were_seen_stalking_the-m-30_1568266461607.jpg

I would also like to express my gratitude to @AbbeyBabbey for her insight here. Very, very helpful and much appreciated! :)

I don't know if this is correct but, if so, I think it's important to point out that she was found floating.

Five-year-old girl who disappeared playing outside her step-dad’s is found dead in the Rio Grande
Dive crews and an Albuquerque Police boat were seen stalking the edge of the river at the southern part of the town, where they found the girl floating in the water.

18379220-7455091-image-m-28_1568266400988.jpg
18379366-7455091-Dive_crews_and_an_Albuquerque_Police_boat_were_seen_stalking_the-m-30_1568266461607.jpg

I would also like to express my gratitude to @AbbeyBabbey for her insight here. Very, very helpful and much appreciated! :)
https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopeners/why-do-corpses-float.html

Why Do Corpses Float?
John Staughton 2 years ago

Initially, bodies will likely sink to the bottom, but as bodies decompose and gasses are released in the body, the corpse will rise back to the surface as a result of buoyancy.

snipped
So the question is, was she alive when she hit the water or not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickerprod
Back