CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the family, I was out at the site the other day, one thing I noticed is that the ground easily shows foot prints. On the day after Matthew went missing, was the search and rescue able to identify any of his footprints and track them?

One other question, respectfully, the remains that were found after the most recent Malibu fires, were they ever confirmed to NOT be Matthews?

Thank you
No I don’t believe so because his car had been out there since Friday morning and was not discovered until late Friday night/early Saturday morning. People had been walking around all day

Which photo?
In one of the earlier posts, someone seems to be referencing photos that were taken during the initial searches that took place in the immediate days after Matthews disappearance. NOT the drone photos, way before that. In retrospect I do remember seeing some photos like this in an article or maybe on a the website of one of the search and rescue groups.

No I don’t believe so because his car had been out there since Friday morning and was not discovered until late Friday night/early Saturday morning. People had been walking around all day

Ok thanks.

Also, maybe I missed it, but was this ever addressed?

"One other question, respectfully, the remains that were found after the most recent Malibu fires, were they ever confirmed to NOT be Matthews?"

I can find absolutely nothing about the ID of that burned body. I suppose the Coroner's office in L.A. has a database, I'll try to figure it out. Very curious.

Ok thanks.

Also, maybe I missed it, but was this ever addressed?

"One other question, respectfully, the remains that were found after the most recent Malibu fires, were they ever confirmed to NOT be Matthews?"

This is the one I was curious about. I'm wondering if this is what you are talking about. Matthew's sister has said he did not have any jewelry. These remains were found with a watch.

upload_2019-9-13_15-18-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-13_15-17-52.png
    upload_2019-9-13_15-17-52.png
    194 KB · Views: 40
This is the one I was curious about. I'm wondering if this is what you are talking about. Matthew's sister has said he did not have any jewelry. These remains were found with a watch.

View attachment 204250

Yes, this is the one Im curious about. I didn't remember it being 21 miles away, I remembered more like 7 or 8, which is totally possible.

So it sounds like the remains were never identified?

Yes, this is the one Im curious about. I didn't remember it being 21 miles away, I remembered more like 7 or 8, which is totally possible.

So it sounds like the remains were never identified?
It sounds like Malibu LE gives up on IDing remains if there isn't find a drivers license in the pocket. I hope at very least they eliminated the two outstanding missing people cases in Malibu. That is a current model watch so the remains can't be that old. May be a potential source of fingerprints. It is terrible to think that the investigation efforts for Matthew stalled out without LE even completing testing the few bits of potential evidence they obtained.

It sounds like Malibu LE gives up on IDing remains if there isn't find a drivers license in the pocket. I hope at very least they eliminated the two outstanding missing people cases in Malibu. That is a current model watch so the remains can't be that old. May be a potential source of fingerprints. It is terrible to think that the investigation efforts for Matthew stalled out without LE even completing testing the few bits of potential evidence they obtained.
Agreed.

It sounds like Malibu LE gives up on IDing remains if there isn't find a drivers license in the pocket.

SBM: Respectfully, no LE anywhere simply "gives up" on making an ID simply because a body has no ID in the pocket. I understand the frustration but that is simply not true.

I continue to care about what happened here, continue to brainstorm or follow a rabbit down a hole, and continue to hope that answers come soon...

SBM: Respectfully, no LE anywhere simply "gives up" on making an ID simply because a body has no ID in the pocket. I understand the frustration but that is simply not true.

I continue to care about what happened here, continue to brainstorm or follow a rabbit down a hole, and continue to hope that answers come soon...
Are you sure that is true in Malibu? In my opinion as a resident recalling past cases, Malibu/Lost Hills has displayed a weak track record in closing missing persons crimes and remains identification cases. Relative to other agencies their department is well funded, adequately staffed, and has few competing priorities. Respectfully, I am personally not convinced that they are maximizing their efforts to assist victims or their families. However, I do not want to side track from the case at hand here by debating Malibu's crime score card. I appreciate your point and just hope that they have not abandoned their investigations efforts and duty to assist the Weaver family.

Last edited:
questions for podcast attendees: Did the PI, Jayden Brandt, comment at all on Elaine Park's case or say whether he thought her case was related?

For those who listened to the To Live & Die podcast...why is Jayden able to get detailed, real time "ping" data yet police don't have this capability? Also, were Jayden/Neil able to do their googleaccount-voodoo to track exact movements of devices and account activity?
I was wondering this same thing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members