Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had another thought on the park bench last night. The one that was the scene of late night forensics whilst PR was in custody.
I am wondering if it could have been unrelated to Libby or anything PR said in interview. If they were looking for DNA to corroborate a further report of outraging decency etc?
We assume it is related to Libby but actually it now seems at least some of the police activities at that time were focused on keeping him in custody. If the forensic exams didnt return anything useful (no charge for potential offence) then we wouldnt have heard about it.

That i suppose is one of the difficulties when so little informationis officially in the public domain.
I do think his other crimes complicated the investigation. That's why they were granted 96 hours to question him IMO.

I do think his other crimes complicated the investigation. That's why they were granted 96 hours to question him IMO.
I'd guess the amount of stuff that must have come back when they sent off his prints and DNA must have been overwhelming. Along with stolen property some of which dated back two years.

The mum of Libby Squire says she is humbled by the moving artwork created at the memorial bench to honour the Hull University student.

Well-known local artist Neil ‘Posto’ Deanes has painted a striking image of an angel surrounded by white roses.

Posting on Mr Deane’s Facebook page, Lisa Squire said: “You have done a beautiful job. Libby would love it.

“I’m sure wherever she is, she will look down and be truly humbled that something so beautiful has been created for her.

Libby's mum's moving words as 'beautiful' art appears at her bench

0_PHP_HMB_100919_artwork_005.jpg

The mum of Libby Squire says she is humbled by the moving artwork created at the memorial bench to honour the Hull University student.

Well-known local artist Neil ‘Posto’ Deanes has painted a striking image of an angel surrounded by white roses.

Posting on Mr Deane’s Facebook page, Lisa Squire said: “You have done a beautiful job. Libby would love it.

“I’m sure wherever she is, she will look down and be truly humbled that something so beautiful has been created for her.

Libby's mum's moving words as 'beautiful' art appears at her bench

0_PHP_HMB_100919_artwork_005.jpg

My child says that despite graffiti everywhere else, Libby's bench is left untouched.

It is a beautiful image.

Still no mention of Libby’s funeral. I wonder have they chosen to have it very very quietly. I imagine that most of her home town and friends from Hull would want to be there , but maybe the family just wanted it extremely small. Can’t blame them if they did.

Still no mention of Libby’s funeral. I wonder have they chosen to have it very very quietly. I imagine that most of her home town and friends from Hull would want to be there , but maybe the family just wanted it extremely small. Can’t blame them if they did.

It could be they wanted it to be private and our awful press respected that?. Must be heartbreaking to see your beautiful daughters name in the press knowing that somewhere in that article the way she died and her killer will be mentioned.

Eight months now.

I wondered the same regards a funeral I hope the family can get just a little comfort from it
I also thought they may have been further developments regards the inquest and cause of death

Me too, I can't help but think this will remain an unsolved case.
I feel the same. The CPS had 5 days to decide whether they had to drop charges due to insufficient evidence (which they obviously haven’t done)- but still no court date or any further information. Which leads me to think that a lot is circumstantial and whilst it may go to court may not be enough. What I have said before and still believe is what worries me is how many other voyeurism, rape and murders there have been in that locality around that time with people being jailed in the meantime- have any of these people even been suspected? They have all their eggs in one basket from the outside (and not enough eggs to proceed quickly).

I feel the same. The CPS had 5 days to decide whether they had to drop charges due to insufficient evidence (which they obviously haven’t done)- but still no court date or any further information. Which leads me to think that a lot is circumstantial and whilst it may go to court may not be enough. What I have said before and still believe is what worries me is how many other voyeurism, rape and murders there have been in that locality around that time with people being jailed in the meantime- have any of these people even been suspected? They have all their eggs in one basket from the outside (and not enough eggs to proceed quickly).
I am sure the police have the right person but I'm less sure they have the only person. I also wonder if he's done a lot more than he was convicted of that the police couldn't charge him with?

The prosecution asked for the cases he didn't plead guilty to to be left on file. Does anyone know if that was granted? Those were the thefts that appeared to be less sexually motivated. They also included possession of a stolen phone. An odd one to plead not guilty to if you assume, like the other stuff, it was found in his possession.

An odd one to plead not guilty to if you assume, like the other stuff, it was found in his possession.
Unless it was reported stolen by the victim, along with the other items, but not found in his possession.

Unless it was reported stolen by the victim, along with the other items, but not found in his possession.
Possibly but the charge was dated November 2018 and specifically listed as 'taking receipt of a Samsung S9 that didn't belong to him'. And listed under the category of receiving stolen goods not burglary.

Therefore it couldn't be Ventnor road as that was January 2019.

The S9 was released in March 2018. Therefore the only burglary it could have been linked to was was the Aug 2018 one where he stole money. I'd have thought they'd have listed it with those items as it would be difficult to state that money has been found in his possession.

It was also one of the later charges against him.

If he'd taken it from a victim of Voyeurism wouldn't it be theft of some form rather than receiving stolen goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa