Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Weleetka double murder, I think 2 different calibre weapons were used and Sweat was caught because he used one of those weapons to kill his girlfriend. There was speculation there could have been an accomplice IIRC, especially because of the second weapon with a different calibre, which was never traced. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The police know (by his own words) that both weapons were in his possession but the one they've never found they believe was subsequently sold at a gun show. He said he acted alone. So with that said, what is the point of your musings? You are suggesting that Kevin Sweat had a secret accomplice who later became the Delphi killer?

By the way, do you happen to remember a poster on these threads (now banned) named Shiressleuth? He or she also had an interest in the Weleetka murders and their relation to the ones in Delphi.

Just because there's a meth problem in Delphi doesn't mean the murders were meth-related. I imagine people speculating on the bridge being some kind of geocaching drop point used by addicts. That Abby and Libby found a large amount of meth shortly before BG arrived to collect the drugs.

Meth Capital of the US (2013)

This article updated may 2019 says Indiana is number 1 for meth.

Wow...

“It’s unfortunate for Evansville and the state of Indiana to be crowned the meth capital of the U.S. and the meth capital of the world, but it and other states above are making serious strides to curb the use of this drug. Meth is a particular challenge because it’s not only harmful to the people who use it, but also the people who make it. It can even be dangerous to people who are inadvertently around where meth is being made, such as neighbors of people who make meth.“

Meth Capital of the US (2013)

This article updated may 2019 says Indiana is number 1 for meth.

interesting. I always assumed that drug use and economic situation would correlate. And while Indiana is not at its best, economically, it is far above, say, Alabama.

BTW - according to one theory, the highest risk for meth and cocaine use is untreated and undiagnosed ADHD, or any disease where one would get prescribed stimulants (depression, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, learning disabilities). Something to think about. So these meth users, and especially meth producers, in Indiana might be the people who are hopeless, jobless, but still have some strength, some presence of mind, to cook the simplest antidepressant to produce in their homes, and live on it? Of course it ends very poorly, with psychosis, premature heart attacks and whatnot, but the initial impulse is self-medication?

My point is I was answering someone else's post that listed double murders of teens. I don't know what you are getting at TBH but TY for confirming they did not find the second weapon. Also, I would never believe what a murderer says.

The police know (by his own words) that both weapons were in his possession but the one they've never found they believe was subsequently sold at a gun show. He said he acted alone. So with that said, what is the point of your musings? You are suggesting that Kevin Sweat had a secret accomplice who later became the Delphi killer?

By the way, do you happen to remember a poster on these threads (now banned) named Shiressleuth? He or she also had an interest in the Weleetka murders and their relation to the ones in Delphi.

My point is I was answering someone else's post that listed double murders of teens. I don't know what you are getting at to be.honest.

I'm getting at the point that it's been brought up before (many times) and already discussed in this thread so far as it pertains to Delphi. Any other info about it, such as how many guns etc surely is superfluous in this thread since it has its own?

The way you're bringing up a possible accomplice makes it seem like you think that the crime is linked to Delphi somehow. So I was wondering if you actually think that or are just wildly speculating.

Just because there's a meth problem in Delphi doesn't mean the murders were meth-related. I imagine people speculating on the bridge being some kind of geocaching drop point used by addicts. That Abby and Libby found a large amount of meth shortly before BG arrived to collect the drugs.

Since we did not get anything from the LE except for a very vague hint at the perp being religious, and “hiding in plain sight”, people can speculate, for sure... I don’t subscribe to this (just because I don’t think the bridge with its elements would be a good place to drop any drug, sorry). But people have the right to speculate,

I dont know what exactly happened. We will never know because people who take part in certain things know the eventual outcome.

@BradB, I see some hopelessness in your posts. It may have nothing to do with the girls, people merely go through difficult times. And you said that people pay attention only when a tragedy happens. And maybe you are right... But we are here, and we are not unkind people. Some of us had own losses in life, many did, in fact, so I don’t know how to word it better, but you can rely on some if you need a sympathetic ear, or just an advice.

I'm getting at the point that it's been brought up before (many times) and already discussed in this thread so far as it pertains to Delphi. Any other info about it, such as how many guns etc surely is superfluous in this thread since it has its own?

The way you're bringing up a possible accomplice makes it seem like you think that the crime is linked to Delphi somehow. So I was wondering if you actually think that or are just wildly speculating.

Actually you brought up this double murder before I did in answer to Margarita's question. This is what you said

"This is the case of Taylor Placker and Skyla Whittaker, murdered by Kevin Sweat. He did say he shot them because he thought they were monsters but I doubt he is telling the truth about that. There actually WAS evidence that there was a sexual motivation to this crime though there was no sexual assault per se. There was evidence that one of the girls had been undressed, shot in the groin and redressed afterwards."

So you don't believe him when he says he killed them cos he saw monsters but you believe him when he says he sold the second gun at an auction. And you can bring it up but I can't. Is that your point?
Do I think it possible he had an uncaught accomplice? Yes. Am I wildly speculating? Yes, but we all are as we know so little IMO.

True. And just because LE checked all CaCo RSO's doesn't mean there was a SA but it is an angle. There had to be some motive, which ATM is very elusive, without further info from LE. Do you think LE know the motive?

Actually you brought up this double murder before I did in answer to Margarita's question. This is what you said

"This is the case of Taylor Placker and Skyla Whittaker, murdered by Kevin Sweat. He did say he shot them because he thought they were monsters but I doubt he is telling the truth about that. There actually WAS evidence that there was a sexual motivation to this crime though there was no sexual assault per se. There was evidence that one of the girls had been undressed, shot in the groin and redressed afterwards."

So you don't believe him when he says he killed them cos he saw monsters but you believe him when he says he sold the second gun at an auction. And you can bring it up but I can't. Is that your point?
Do I think it possible he had an uncaught accomplice? Yes. Am I wildly speculating? Yes, but we all are as we know so little IMO.

Yeah...that's exactly right. So you do think it was an accomplice in Oklahoma who later became the Delphi killer?

Yeah...that's exactly right. So you do think it was an accomplice in Oklahoma who later became the Delphi killer?
I don't know. Just comparing all double murders. They obviously have the ballistics of the other weapon and could never trace it. It could be whoever bought it at the gun auction. We don't even know if this case involves a gun. Same as comparing this to Iowa is difficult without a COD there or here.

True. And just because LE checked all CaCo RSO's doesn't mean there was a SA but it is an angle. There had to be some motive, which ATM is very elusive, without further info from LE. Do you think LE know the motive?

I’d be very surprised to learn the motive was anything other than SA and intentional murder, and I say this strictly from a statistical perspective, moo.

Sure there are other possibilities, which include something they may have seen or known about, some type of revenge..ticked him off...random thrill killing where chances are rare, meth induced psychosis, etc etc, everything we’ve discussed already...point is
I struggle to think of cases where an “ADULT MALE killed a FEMALE CHILD/TEEN” and there was not SA present. It seems to me in the other cases whocb are corcumstantially similar statistically indicate SA as motive.

Can anyone here give an example of a case where man killed a female minor and the motive was not SA? I’m honestly curious..we have familial homicides, mass shootings and robbery instances, but I’m talking flat out man kills a girl/teen... He’s in a wooded area...KWIM.

IMO if this wasn’t SA, LE likely maybe would have revealed this, and I know people disagree with this, that they still may keep this close to the vest, but imo they could still preserve COD and say no SA occurred. This would be able to dispel rumors more easily and give the families, community members, classmates peace about this, that they died “immediately”, etc. but again moo and I could be wrong about that.

This is likely imo, when it comes down to it, literally a “boogeyman in the woods” as I said in thread 1 day 1 after recovery.

BBM: Again sure there are other possibilities, but statistically imo this is not reflected as common motive.

STATS plain and simple say “SA”.

Are the stats different here? Time will hopefully tell what happened to these poor girls once this @&$” is behind bars.

—-

ETA:
Reading over my post, perhaps more than one motive is at play here, for example “SA AND meth induced psychosis for example, “insert variable”...Making a note to think about this further.

Last edited:
Can anyone here give an example of a case where man killed a female minor and the motive was not SA? I’m honestly curious..we have familial homicides, mass shootings and robbery instances, but I’m talking to flat out man kills a girl/teen... He’s in a wooded area...

Not a female minor, but Serial Killer Herbert Mullin shot and killed four male minors he encountered in the woods without a sexual motive. He was a paranoid schizophrenic which some people think BG is or something similar:

About a month later, on February 10, 1973, Mullin was wandering around Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park where he encountered four teenage boys camping illegally in the park. He walked over to them, engaged in a brief conversation and claimed to be a park ranger. He ordered them to leave because they were "polluting" the forest, but they refused. Mullin shot them fatally, and abandoned their bodies, which were not found until the next week.[3]

I also think it was SA and don't think he is paranoid schizophrenic or has any severe psychotic disease. But it can't be completely ruled out until we know more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname