Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this article. Thought it was interesting in light of the fact we’ve had discussions about Kik on this thread.

“Kik, the controversial social media app popular among teens, will shut down, its CEO said late Monday.

The Canada-based social network — once valued at $1 billion — ultimately became notorious as a destination for child exploitation. As reported by ‘48 Hours’ 13-year-old Nicole Lovell was murdered in 2016 by a man she met over the app. The chat tool was also linked to more than 1,000 child sexual abuse cases in the U.K., according to a BBC investigation.”

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiELC2AOqRqq6AWT3X-BdBwBAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICMPDfxAU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
“Be aware of what your kids do on social media”...This was said by LE fairly early on after the murders.

“Be aware of what your kids do on social media”...This was said by LE fairly early on after the murders.
What is confusing here is that KG in one of her videos stated LE had looked at ALL of the SM stuff and there wasn't anything of concern. So many things in this case that confuse and contradict. It's no wonder we can't get anywhere with the little we know :( MOO

I have been reading some other sites. I am so glad that we do not post names of suspects here. Names are being thrown around that could be detrimental and ruin a person's reputation. If the person is innocent they must be devastated to have their name in public like that. Some people just don’t think how they can destroy another person with words. MOO
I admit, I made a difference between for example D_N long time ago and Non-D_N to the disadvantage of D_N.

I see what appears to be a comment leaning towards female victims. Intentional or Unintentional? Just thinking out loud.
I find that article 2 plus years later somewhat ironic. "We're close." Really?? Obviously, you were not close then and we have no idea if you're any closer now after shifting gears. 5 months since the PC. I sure hope they know more than we do considering they have whatever evidence they found plus forensic experts at their disposal. Sometimes the thought crosses my exhausted brain that if the WS members here had that, we may have solved this case already :p:D:rolleyes:

My thought this week about the case keeps going back to...if the killer is local and he is so depraved, violent, evil, all those things...whether from drugs or just because he is all those things...that he would attack and brutally kill two children...no matter what the reason was in his mind....that that person because of prior behavior would be known to the people of Delphi and the surrounding community and to LE. And they would have called it in a thousand times and LE would have been all over it. So that means, in my opinion, either shame on people for not doing what’s right and shame on LE for lousy job or the killer is not a local. Just my thoughts. I’m just trying to make sense of all the stupid conflicting things we have heard.
These are exactly my thoughts. I wonder how many of the 42k tips were locals tipping locals?

TBH, I want to respond to your post, but don't know how in a meaningful way, and not because I don't agree with what you're saying. It's just too overwhelming for me to address.

Where does one begin to get at the root of the drug problem in our countries? Is it even possible? So many factors are at play. For the addict, who knows. Do they reach for drugs to numb the pain of a life that appears to be going nowhere? A childhood devoid of proper nurturing and encouragement? Abuse? Were things okay with life but they were enticed into experiencing a high just for fun? Someone our family knows who broke free of a crack addition explained it like this: You can't even imagine how good you feel taking the drug, but it doesn't last long. When you come down you don't return to normal, you dive below what was your former "normal" experience. So you do it again, but it's not enough to get to where that first high took you and when you come down your mood is even lower than the first time. So you need more to get high and the lows get lower. You're always chasing that first high. Now, this may not be every addict's experience and meth may be different but this was his experience.

Then there's the makers and dealers. Someone who can't make it in the real world or someone who needs more money to achieve the lifestyle they desire. No morals, no conscience, no empathy. Self is God. Someone can say, "so and so couldn't hurt a spider," yet that person has no compunction to make and deal meth and destroy the lives of others to raise up self. How does one fight depraved human nature? It's not just in the world of drugs, white collar crime destroys people's lives too. Just look at the financial sector and what's been perpetrated there.

I could go on and write a short story but I'll leave it at that.
I just don't know how this problem can be fixed as we have no control over someone's character.
There is a post on the WS scrolling FB posts at the bottom (or the side ) of the screen that is addressing the drug problem and I thought it was relevant. Those with FB should share it. All of us should share it.

Websleuths

There is a post on the WS scrolling FB posts at the bottom (or the side ) of the screen that is addressing the drug problem and I thought it was relevant. Those with FB should share it. All of us should share it.

Websleuths
The officer that wrote that is indeed very thoughtful and empathetic toward the addicts and I agree that's how it should be approached with most addicts. I also think it's a fine line between empathy and enabling the addict. My approach to the makers and dealers and how they should be treated would be entirely different. The "kid glove" treatment some get in CaCo sure isn't helping the problem.

TBH, I want to respond to your post, but don't know how in a meaningful way, and not because I don't agree with what you're saying. It's just too overwhelming for me to address.

Where does one begin to get at the root of the drug problem in our countries? Is it even possible? So many factors are at play. For the addict, who knows. Do they reach for drugs to numb the pain of a life that appears to be going nowhere? A childhood devoid of proper nurturing and encouragement? Abuse? Were things okay with life but they were enticed into experiencing a high just for fun? Someone our family knows who broke free of a crack addition explained it like this: You can't even imagine how good you feel taking the drug, but it doesn't last long. When you come down you don't return to normal, you dive below what was your former "normal" experience. So you do it again, but it's not enough to get to where that first high took you and when you come down your mood is even lower than the first time. So you need more to get high and the lows get lower. You're always chasing that first high. Now, this may not be every addict's experience and meth may be different but this was his experience.

Then there's the makers and dealers. Someone who can't make it in the real world or someone who needs more money to achieve the lifestyle they desire. No morals, no conscience, no empathy. Self is God. Someone can say, "so and so couldn't hurt a spider," yet that person has no compunction to make and deal meth and destroy the lives of others to raise up self. How does one fight depraved human nature? It's not just in the world of drugs, white collar crime destroys people's lives too. Just look at the financial sector and what's been perpetrated there.

I could go on and write a short story but I'll leave it at that.
I just don't know how this problem can be fixed as we have no control over someone's character.

@SuziQ, we can discuss it privately.

However, there is a great book written by Gabor Mate, he is a Canadian doctor working in downtown Vancouver. He has Ted talks, too. His book, "The realm of the hungry ghosts", is very interesting, and in general, I subscribe to his theory that we are might become addicts, although not necessarily to chemicals. He very openly talks about own addiction (again, not to chemicals, but very addictive behaviors interfering with his life).

It is not the whole story, of course. But a good start.

As to “fixing” the problem. I was shocked to find out the wholesale price of heroin on the black market. Considering that opium is so cheap to produce. So my opinion is, target the black market. But not the way it is done now. Because sadly. it is the black market that pushes the drugs on the community.

What is confusing here is that KG in one of her videos stated LE had looked at ALL of the SM stuff and there wasn't anything of concern. So many things in this case that confuse and contradict. It's no wonder we can't get anywhere with the little we know :( MOO
MOO. The statements of some people just ought to be totally discounted. That is all.

If he was of a mind that the girls were "sinners."

I agree, BNA. One of my first theories after the April PC was exactly this. That perhaps BG "believed" he was somehow ridding the world of evil doers.

Along with the rest of you, my theories have bounced around numerous times. I still haven't completely decided if the religious references were directed to BG, his family, someone who knows, or something entirely different. I hope we all find out very, very soon!

I agree, BNA. One of my first theories after the April PC was exactly this. That perhaps BG "believed" he was somehow ridding the world of evil doers.

Along with the rest of you, my theories have bounced around numerous times. I still haven't completely decided if the religious references were directed to BG, his family, someone who knows, or something entirely different. I hope we all find out very, very soon!

It would be, essentially, the same as “hate crime”.
And I’d expect hate crime to be more directed against two boys than two girls.

I think that a religious person would rather hate two girls for the same reason he’d hate two adult women. Seductresses, Eva or Lilith, eternal sin.

Cowardice and potential for SK.

The religious "rid the world of evil" and sexually motivated theories don't have to be mutually exclusive. The Serial Killer Danny Rolling raped and murdered women, he was very religious and when caught he showed no remorse justifying his actions by saying he was ridding the world of evil or something along those same lines can't remember what it was exactly. I think he was clearly primarily sexually motivated but had to create that reason as a form of denial so he could still believe he was morally righteous. Could be the same with BG, who knows.

Personally, i think the religious parts of the press conference was just part of the appeal to the public as there's quite a few religious people in Delphi i believe and one of them could be protecting BG.

I find that article 2 plus years later somewhat ironic. "We're close." Really?? Obviously, you were not close then and we have no idea if you're any closer now after shifting gears. 5 months since the PC. I sure hope they know more than we do considering they have whatever evidence they found plus forensic experts at their disposal. Sometimes the thought crosses my exhausted brain that if the WS members here had that, we may have solved this case already :p:D:rolleyes:
BBM--Add to that at the April 22 2019 presser LE said "we are just beginning" OMG...beginning what ??? I about fell out of my chair. UMMMM...we at WS and all over the country have been beginning since Feb 13 2017---so you , LE are just now beginning ?? Maybe I misinterpreted wrong, but WTH ???

The officer that wrote that is indeed very thoughtful and empathetic toward the addicts and I agree that's how it should be approached with most addicts. I also think it's a fine line between empathy and enabling the addict. My approach to the makers and dealers and how they should be treated would be entirely different. The "kid glove" treatment some get in CaCo sure isn't helping the problem.
Totally agree with this post.

Considering all the electronic billboards set up so early on and LE asking if anyone saw a pedestrian or hitchhiker along the highway or saw anyone with a dufflebag, and now LE asking about a vehicle parked near the old CPS bldg and saying now, "You never thought we would change strategy, but we have" all seems to suggest that an early witness described a traveler heading out of town
to send LE looking far and wide, and now LE realizes this witness was likely BG. IF this is so, are they "just now" scrutinizing said witness (BG?) or were they perhaps given false I.D. from said witness which would explain why they are trying to contact driver of car parked near old CPS bldg?

Interesting. Probably too late for the Delphi case, but who knows?

Company claims M-Vac DNA technology could help in Lecornu case

"The M-Vac is a forensics time machine that takes detectives back to the moment when a murder or other violent crime took place and reveals whether the killer left their DNA behind on rough and porous surfaces."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member