PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a strange question, but ...
The boy looks much heavier than the girl, so if they were found hanging on opposite ends of a chain that was over a support beam, when the chairs were removed, wouldn't the boy be standing on the ground while the girl was pulled to the ceiling? I'm having difficulty understanding this picture.
I'm wondering how this was actually strung up over the beam - if his side had a shorter lead point, he would only have so far to go when the chair was dropped - assuming the lead was wrapped over several times which would indicate to me, this wasn't the first time something was hung from there? JMO

I'm wondering how this was actually strung up over the beam - if his side had a shorter lead point, he would only have so far to go when the chair was dropped - assuming the lead was wrapped over several times which would indicate to me, this wasn't the first time something was hung from there? JMO

That's what I'm thinking too - that the chain was wrapped around the beam a few times, but how does an 8 year old do that? What is involved in figuring out the length of the chain, how close the chairs have to be to the beam to ensure that two people of different heights and weights are both left with feet off the ground, and so on. Could the 8 year old reach the beam when standing on a chair? How could an 8 year old conceive of this idea and why would an 8 year old want to commit suicide and take his little sister with him.

This almost seems impossible for a child to do.

That's what I'm thinking too - that the chain was wrapped around the beam a few times, but how does an 8 year old do that? What is involved in figuring out the length of the chain, how close the chairs have to be to the beam to ensure that two people of different heights and weights are both left with feet off the ground, and so on. Could the 8 year old reach the beam when standing on a chair? How could an 8 year old conceive of this idea and why would an 8 year old want to commit suicide and take his little sister with him.

This almost seems impossible for a child to do.
I agree - and think there is someone who did this to them and perhaps the answer lies in the Xbox? JMO

I can't find the thread, but one was recently created to discuss the information presented in a series of recent NYT articles that cover the epidemic of child sex abuse that takes place online. They were very difficult to read articles, but did mention some of the images and videos actually include snuff-like films in which the crimes themselves aren't even necessarily sexual abuse, but abuse in all sense of the words that consumers are looking for.

This story here continues to shock me every time I attempt to wrap my brain around any known facts. Undoubtedly what these kids suffered was terrible, but I pray it wasn't filmed and distributed online. The talk of the Xbox, specifically, makes me worry it may have a disturbingly nefarious link to these crimes.

One of the articles I read said LE wanted to weigh the dog. This is such a strange case for there to be no new information yet?? JMO
What a strange question to ask- why would the weight of the dog be relevant?

Even if the dog "equipment" wasn't exactly rated for that size dog, who really checks that exactly when you buy it anyway.

If someone inside of the home did this, and it wasn't the 8-year-old, then I don't believe there would be clues on the Xbox. It was Connor's (btw can we correct his name on the thread title? I think his name was Connor) Xbox, not the family's Xbox. There's a big possibility that the 8-year-old got his own Xbox if his older sibling got a new one. That happened to me with cellphones for years, my brother would get a new phone and I would get his old one.

What a strange question to ask- why would the weight of the dog be relevant?

Even if the dog "equipment" wasn't exactly rated for that size dog, who really checks that exactly when you buy it anyway.

I care deeply about my dogs, but 100% they could officially use larger leash-harnesses so their current ones weren't at the largest setting possible. I agree with you in that I feel like weight/size of dog vs used dog accessories wouldn't give much info to investigators regarding how/why this happened. As so many others have said, so many questions here ...

I agree - and think there is someone who did this to them and perhaps the answer lies in the Xbox? JMO

That would suggest that the 8 year old met someone online who provided instructions and encouragement on how to do this. It shouldn't be too difficult for authorities to track down the user since an account is needed for online gaming. I think it's a bit of a stretch to believe this scenario.

Regardless of all else, the 4 year old was murdered. It's impossible to believe that she willingly participated in something that caused her death - she's simply too young. I suppose that leaves two possibilities for who caused her death: one of the other two people in the house at the time of her murder.

"According to CBS 21, the family was not receiving Child and Youth Services at the time of Connor's and Brinley's death. However, the individuals were known to Berks County Children and Youth Services, although it is not clear in what circumstances."

Siblings, aged 8 and 4, found hanged in basement of Pennsylvania home
Hmmmmmm well looks like the ball dropped at the expense of these two precious children. did they close the case,and if so Why. Clearly these children needed intervention they didn't get. Protection.
MOO

That would suggest that the 8 year old met someone online who provided instructions and encouragement on how to do this. It shouldn't be too difficult for authorities to track down the user since an account is needed for online gaming. I think it's a bit of a stretch to believe this scenario.
No, I'm thinking there is another person involved - not the 8 year old. I think he's a victim just like his sister IMO

No, I'm thinking there is another person involved - not the 8 year old. I think he's a victim just like his sister IMO

I think so too. The 4 year old did not commit suicide, and the scenario of suicide by dog chain over the basement ceiling beam with one heavy child and one light child on either end of the chain doesn't add up. The 8 year old wouldn't know that he had to wrap the chain around the beam a couple of times to prevent him from landing with his feet on the floor while his sister is pulled up to the beam.

I don't think all this information was provided through an xbox gamer, so it seems most likely that the third person in the house created the situation where both children died.

I think so too. The 4 year old did not commit suicide, and the scenario of suicide by dog chain over the basement ceiling beam with one heavy child and one light child on either end of the chain doesn't add up. The 8 year old wouldn't know that he had to wrap the chain around the beam a couple of times to prevent him from landing with his feet on the floor while his sister is pulled up to the beam.

I don't think all this information was provided through an xbox gamer, so it seems most likely that the third person in the house created the situation where both children died.
yes, I'm thinking the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member