CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay from today opening statements:

Viehman starts out with a picture of PF from ENT ...(baby carrier present in passenger seat) says in a few short minutes after this was taken this guy brutally murders KB. "This face, this guy, he's a murderer." (points at PF....looking just like he always does)
*Shows picture of the black tote in the back of truck from ENT.
*later showed on the neighbors security camera of the truck passing by (after they believe the murder to have taken place) the tote was flipped the opposite way.

Some side notes: They have pictures of KB and Patrick going into her condo from that day. KB has poinsettias in her hands. No, PF didn't buy them for her. It's what she purchased at Safeway that day. (now we know)

The neighbors security camera literally faces her door. (This was confusing to me) They have pictures also of PF leaving and coming back later that day. Can't say he looks like he brutally murdered someone. No change of clothes, doesn't look to be covered in blood. (defense also pointed this out). Also no pictures of him leaving with a black totes or anything, unless of course these are coming later.

A lot of talk of the cellular activity of PF/KBs phone after this. Zoned out at this part. Basically all of what you can read online.
Between Nov 25-Dec. 4 46 calls to KK and zero to KB (even after police & CB had contacted him about KB being missing)

Also mentioned was that KK and PF had affair for YEARS. The night before KK married CL, PF begged her not to go through with it
KK found out through a mutual friend that PF had a child.

When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order

*sorry if this is all scrambled, my notes are probably like PF's notes....non existent.

JMO but I thought Viehman made KK sound wayyyyy too nice and like a freaking gift to god. I know this is to ultimately show that she had nothing to do with the actual murder. Still made my skin crawl though.

Defense:
Pretty short. Basically related this case to seeing a house you want to buy on the internet. Looks great, until you see it in person and there's a lot of cracks in the foundation.
Going to place the blame on KK. Somewhere other than the KB condo. Said her house wasn't a murder scene like they claim. KK didn't go to the police, she only talked once offered a plea ETC.

I'll add if I remember anymore from opening statements.

*Ma waited at the door and watched him walked in.
Do not believe she was in court.

Wow! Thank you!!

The note.....oh Frazee.....

Viehman starts out with a picture of PF from ENT ...(baby carrier present in passenger seat) says in a few short minutes after this was taken this guy brutally murders KB. "This face, this guy, he's a murderer." (points at PF....looking just like he always does)
*later showed on the neighbors security camera of the truck passing by (after they believe the murder to have taken place) the tote was flipped the opposite way.

Some side notes: They have pictures of KB and Patrick going into her condo from that day. KB has poinsettias in her hands. No, PF didn't buy them for her. It's what she purchased at Safeway that day. (now we know)

The neighbors security camera literally faces her door. (This was confusing to me) They have pictures also of PF leaving and coming back later that day. Can't say he looks like he brutally murdered someone. No change of clothes, doesn't look to be covered in blood. (defense also pointed this out). Also no pictures of him leaving with a black totes or anything, unless of course these are coming later.

A lot of talk of the cellular activity of PF/KBs phone after this. Zoned out at this part. Basically all of what you can read online.
Between Nov 25-Dec. 4 46 calls to KK and zero to KB (even after police & CB had contacted him about KB being missing)

Also mentioned was that KK and PF had affair for YEARS. The night before KK married CL, PF begged her not to go through with it

When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).

*sorry if this is all scrambled, my notes are probably like PF's notes....non existent.

JMO but I thought Viehman made KK sound wayyyyy too nice and like a freaking gift to god. I know this is to ultimately show that she had nothing to do with the actual murder. Still made my skin crawl though.

Defense:
Pretty short. Basically related this case to seeing a house you want to buy on the internet. Looks great, until you see it in person and there's a lot of cracks in the foundation.
Going to place the blame on KK. Somewhere other than the KB condo. Said her house wasn't a murder scene like they claim. KK didn't go to the police, she only talked once offered a plea ETC.

Thanks for posting a recap! It sounds so nice to finally 'hear' that there is so much more evidence coming in, even though we all knew there would be.

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Dramatic opening at #PatrickFrazee trial as prosecutor displays his face on screen: “This is the face of a cold, calculating manipulator!” @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

4:07 PM - 1 Nov 2019

During her hourlong statement, prosecutor Jennifer Viehman showed pics of blood stains in #KelseyBerreth’s condo and surveillance images of #PatrickFrazee entering and leaving around time she said murder occurred.

4:08 PM - 1 Nov 2019

She gave detailed overview of case: That #PatrickFrazee beat fiancee to death with bat and plotted cover-up with his mistress, Krystal Kenney, who is expected to testify.

4:10 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Cell phone records prove Frazee was alone during killing, and Kenney was in Idaho, prosecutor says. #PatrickFrazee took #KelseyBerreth's phone and tried to make it seem like she fled Colorado.

4:10 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Not so, says defense, comparing case against #PatrickFrazee to house with unseen foundational problems. Jury needs to hear "raw," "unedited" version, says Ashley Porter.

4:11 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Defense says Krystal Kenney has long track record of “lies” and told “tale” of murderous #PatrickFrazee only after taking plea deal that guaranteed no jail time.

4:12 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Attorney Ashley Porter: “It looks good from the outside. It looks like it’s all there. But when you really start hearing the evidence and hearing the facts you are going to realize deep foundational issues with this case.” #PatrickFrazee

4:13 PM - 1 Nov 2019

(post 1 of 2)
I can't wait to read about Ashley Porter's defense of Patrick. Gosh, I wish we could watch this on TV. I'd love to see the jury's faces as she tries to spin this into KK killing Kelsey while PF was having a nice dinner at Ma's house, unaware that his side kick was there murdering his beloved fiance.

Defense:

Fantastic updates. Thank you so much for being our hands on reporter. :)

Thanks! Could you see those images clearly? And is there any way the defense can claim that PF didn’t return to the house?

Basically, is it clearly PF?

Pictures are VERY clear and close. Obvious it's PF and in same clothes he's in at ENT.

Also forgot some major part.
Yes they showed pictures of the tooth fragment from the fire pit.
KK claims the fire took so long she tried to sleep in her car during it.
Got frustrated and left after this.

Some confusion I had.
I thought they said he burned her inside that black tote, but they showed a picture of the black tote they found at his property.
Also showed pictures of where the tote was at Nash Ranch. The hay is stained a dark red/black color.

Defense:

Thank you!

I doubt you know, because you probably didn't get to see the photos up close, but I'm wondering if that tote in the back of his truck was secured at all or unsecured. If unsecured, it could probably move/slide around as the truck was being driven. I hope they've got good, clear photos of that tote in the back of his truck.

WHOAH is RIGHT!

You didn't miss anything.

This is the first time that news has been made public re: a possible tooth fragment having been pulled from the burn pile at the franch.

This. is. HUGE.

And the only reason, the ONLY reason, this would have been mentioned by the prosecution in the opening arguments is because that fragment has been tested.

It was a teaser.

And guess what, folks?

*Spoiler Alert: It's going to be a tooth fragment.

It's going to be KB's tooth fragment.

He's. Toast.

JMO.

If that tooth fragment is Kelsey's (and why would they bring it up today, if not?) we have ourselves the best smoking gun in history.

Patrick told KK to dig the tooth out of the grate and, by George, it jumped up to bite him in the rear. (pun totally accidental!)

I can die happy.

Last edited:
Pictures are VERY clear and close. Obvious it's PF and in same clothes he's in at ENT.

Some confusion I had.
I thought they said he burned her inside that black tote, but they showed a picture of the black tote they found at his property.
Also showed pictures of where the tote was at Nash Ranch. The hay is stained a dark red/black color.
He may have had similar totes laying around, and they wanted to show a representation of it.

Wow, I’m amazed the images are that clear. So how the defense is going to explain away his lie is beyond perplexing. I always thought they’d claim that it wasn’t him, but that door appears closed.

Great info. One small request though:

We’re going to need you to take a leave of absence from your job, and continue to provide us with updates for the duration. Preferably live, and in violation of the decorum order (which is merely a suggestion as to how one should behave).

We’ll supplement your income with lightly used gift cards from fast food chains.

Yeah, think about it. Why would the prosecution bring that up otherwise? By now they know if it’s a tooth or not, and if it’s Kelsey’s.

Why draw attention to something that can be used against you? “All the prosecution has to verify KK’s burn account, is traces of an accelerant. No trace of Kelsey was found.”
My guess is, it was the tooth that KK threw into the trash with all the other bloodied items and took them to the Franchette to burn. Since it wasn't enclosed in the tote with KB's body, it burned for a while and possibly fell to the ground with the ash when he emptied the trough before disposing of it and the remnants of the tote and remains. JMT

This makes sense. Everyone’s favorite blogger was doing YouTube updates from what was being fed to him from the courtroom.

He was pretty accurate with it, so someone had to have been texting him that info.
Judge gonna' be really mad.
I don't expect that blogger will get a seat on Monday.

Whoa, BBM

Both Frazee's and Kenney's phones pinged down in Nash Ranch, where Kenney told prosecutors they took Berreth's body in the tote and put it on a rusted old horse trough on his property. He told Kenney not to look inside as he put gas and motor oil in the trough and set it on fire, Viehman said.

At a later date, Kenney would bring investigators back to that exact spot, which had been covered in dirt, and when uncovered, would show scorch marks and a possible human tooth fragment, Viehman said.

That's the first I've heard the tooth fragment was located in the burn trough. Did I miss it earlier????

Patrick Frazee murder trial: Opening statements
Woot Woot!!! Good catch. This is the article that keeps being updated because the reporter had/has road sickness.

PF is not only toast, he's scorched toast! We haven't even heard one day of testimony... :D MOO

Some confusion I had.

Wow! The fact that they presented the hay photo means it has Kelsey's DNA on it. Why show it otherwise?

Some confusion I had.
Maybe they are establishing the tote in his truck was the same type as others at the ranch?

Some confusion I had.

so then there would be DNA from the hay....

He may have had similar totes laying around, and they wanted to show a representation of it.

Wow, I’m amazed the images are that clear. So how the defense is going to explain away his lie is beyond perplexing. I always thought they’d claim that it wasn’t him, but that door appears closed.

Great info. One small request though:

We’re going to need you to take a leave of absence from your job, and continue to provide us with updates for the duration. Preferably live, and in violation of the decorum order (which is merely a suggestion as to how one should behave).

We’ll supplement your income with lightly used gift cards from fast food chains.

But not Sonic. Lol

But let’s start taking up a collection, @GoJacks your info is awesome!!

Defense:

Wait a minute! Hold the phone!!!
You said:

"When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order..)

Are you crazy kidding me?!!!!

How stupid can he get!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members