CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we all recall, PF was filing for custody of Baby K. So I do believe that something transpired between him and Kelsey before then, and I believe that she may have been thinking of leaving the area and moving on.

This would explain his reason for not only filing custody, but also trying to engage KK into helping him for several months to murder her. I think PF knew he probably wouldn't have won that custody case, Kelsey wanted out of their relationship, and he wasn't going to allow her to take the baby further away- whether she moved closer to her job, or perhaps moved back home with her family and friends.

She might have been trying to keep the peace between her and the F family - thinking she was going for Thanksgiving dinner, she bought flowers, was going to make the bread dip and also a sweet potato casserole, to which she told Patrick to pick up the pecans for it because she forgot to buy them. She may have been a little nervous rocking the boat with him and his family, and for Baby K's sake, she might have just gone with the flow until she could get out of there.

We have to remember, she was basically all alone out there with the baby amongst a sea of haters, so to speak, with his family and his friends. I am not sure if she had any friends of her own out there- I know several friends of hers spoke up after she was murdered, but I thought they were still living where they grew up. Other than a few co-workers, she probably didn't have many people in her corner there.
While I don't doubt Kelsey probably wished at times she could leave, I don't think that was in the works. If a couple parts ways, neither parent is able to simply move away with their child unless the other parent agrees to it or the court allows it...which they usually don't.

Kelsey being able to move away while maintaining custody of baby K was about as likely as PF being successful in taking primary physical custody away from Kelsey without a valid reason for such a change.

Please note, I'm not an attorney. My sister is and used to handle alot of ugly custody cases.

Also, Kelsey had just purchased her place in May. So IMHO she wasn't going anywhere at that point.

Last edited:
He may have had similar totes laying around, and they wanted to show a representation of it.

Wow, I’m amazed the images are that clear. So how the defense is going to explain away his lie is beyond perplexing. I always thought they’d claim that it wasn’t him, but that door appears closed.

Great info. One small request though:

We’re going to need you to take a leave of absence from your job, and continue to provide us with updates for the duration. Preferably live, and in violation of the decorum order (which is merely a suggestion as to how one should behave).

We’ll supplement your income with lightly used gift cards from fast food chains.

Only if it's Sonic.

(I will 100% be back for KK testimony if I know at all in advance)

Perfect! Because I was concerned about the Taco Bell gift card I was going to include.

Thanks for sharing that info, because as @MemPat just pointed out, details matter.

@GoJacks, based upon the info Massy just shared, I'm going to also add a special request:

Could you please sit right behind PF and/or next to his family members after you enjoy a nice, hearty lunch at Taco Bell?

TIA.

True, but coming from a family of cowboys.... no matter if it is tool boxes, totes, ferrior tool boxes or chest truck tool boxes they are tied down or anchored down. This is type of property is expensive and we can't afford it being knocked about.

Sure, but remember this is PF we're talking about ;). Normal, regular people secure their stuff in the backs of their trucks because, you're right, it doesn't need to move around or fly out of there, but with PF, who knows?

Wait a minute! Hold the phone!!!
You said:

"When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order..)

Are you crazy kidding me?!!!!

How stupid can he get!!!

Yup!! at first I thought they were presenting the note of how he wrote who would get custody of KB or whatever that note was, but nope. Just a daily reminder of what he did.
The picture was sideways (she apologized) but she read out what it said. I wanted to laugh.

It's been a while but there was someone posting drone footage over the franch. It showed a couple totes on the property, iirc. Also, PF didn't look different in the camera footage at KB's condo, coming or going. IIRC, the search warrant said he had an outrageous amount of grey shirts.

I'd have to look for links but maybe someone else recalls?
I remember that discussion. I think he had a spare duplicate outfit at her condo. MOO.

Yup!! at first I thought they were presenting the note of how he wrote who would get custody of KB or whatever that note was, but nope. Just a daily reminder of what he did.
The picture was sideways (she apologized) but she read out what it said. I wanted to laugh.
AGAIN thank you for being there!!!
Thank you for relaying all this important information!!

6579.gif

okay now onto CB.....which was very eye opening.

Viehman starts out by asking her to talk about Kelsey to us.
Talks about Kelseys love of aviation and knew from a young age that's what she wanted to do. Originally wanted to be a crop duster or something of the sort. CB chokes up a bit at the beginning and is very hard to hear for the first couple minutes.
They ask her about how PF and KB met. She goes onto explain how they met on the internet.
At this point they ask CB to point out in the court room who she believed her daughter to be dating. You could tell she was very hesitant to look at him. She pointed and they asked her again can you describe him. She said, the one in the blue shirt. (Just imagine every picture you've ever seen of PF and it was the same look on his face)

CB goes on explaining their relationship:
Met on internet, told her parents about him in December 2016~(2015? the dates kept getting scrambled)
In April of 2016(?) he came to Idaho and met them. At this time time she told her parents about their intentions to get married. A week after he left, she told them that she was moving to CO so she could really get to know him and be sure he is the one.
*PF told her not to worry about money and that she wouldn't need a job.
PF flew to KB and helped her pack up all her things a short time later.
This is where it gets very interesting
PF and KB headed back to CO and had an apt secured in Florrisant for her. They got back super late and didn't want to have to set anything up so PF told her she could just spend the night at 'ol Ma's house. OOFTA....bad decision.

Apparently SF woke up and was mad, called her a hooker and made her leave.
Didn't believe that KB actually had an apt*
CB mentioned that also whenever PF's sister was @ SF house, KB was forced to stay outside on the deck. (lovely family)

When KB got pregnant, PF never told his family. SF realized at some point in July and called her out on it. Threw her out of the house again at this point. (At this point she had moved to Grand Junction for a job after she realized money WAS an issue but was spending the weekends at SF's house).

It was around July/Aug 2017 that she was hired at Doss so was in the process of moving back when SF did this, so she found someone @ Doss who was renting out a room and moved in with them in Pueblo, I believe.
In Sept 2017, PF and KB were apparently going to look @ purchasing house, CB was going to help look. KB calls and says PF is pissed and he just wants her to rent something out and not buy.
CB came and helped her find a place to rent in woodland park, they decided woodland park would be best for relationship & job.
Oct 2017, KB has baby 3 weeks early. CB was there for birth.
KB's rental was only only going to be good through the winter, but the people let her extend it a little longer.
In May '18 CB and DB came back and helped her buy/move into the new place in the same complex.
During this visit she saw PF a few times. Also mentions that in a previous trip to CO she has met SF and ate dinner at her place 4~ times.

They talk about KB's first birthday party at KB's place. Only PF was present, no one else in his family came.

part 2 in a bit.
This just breaks my heart to hear that Kelsey was treated this way. Being called a hooker and made to sit on the porch? That is just cold-hearted and cruel. :mad::( MOO

Well said and so true!

We also can look from one family to the other and see which one has more heart, class, and grace.

None of the Berreth's went on a smearing campaign of PF and KK.

None of the Berreth's made up false lies and accusations against PF and his sidekick.

SF wouldn't allow the Berreth's to see their own flesh and blood, sweet baby girl, even before PF was named a suspect.

One Mommy is willing to take the stand on behalf of her child, while the other Momma pleads the 5th.
Also well said and so true! So very true!

Thanks for sharing that info, because as @MemPat just pointed out, details matter.

@GoJacks, based upon the info Massy just shared, I'm going to also add a special request:

Could you please sit right behind PF and/or next to his family members after you enjoy a nice, hearty lunch at Taco Bell?

TIA.
...with an extra side of beans?

TIA.

Hmmm. I think Mediterranean food, heavy on the garlic, onions, and other spices would be better. It may be a little more pricey, but you get what you pay for. I'm willing to kick in some dinero for that @GoJacks, if you're willing :).

This just breaks my heart to hear that Kelsey was treated this way. Being called a hooker and made to sit on the porch? That is just cold-hearted and cruel. :mad::( MOO
You know that Ted Bundy Movie on Netflix, “Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile?”

That same title could describe PF and SF.

This is nuts.

Sounds remarkably like the Alibi Notes written by the husband of Jennifer Dulos and his mistress/assistant.

You just don't gotta' be smart to commit murder but you might need to be to get away with it.

okay now onto CB.....which was very eye opening.

Viehman starts out by asking her to talk about Kelsey to us.
Talks about Kelseys love of aviation and knew from a young age that's what she wanted to do. Originally wanted to be a crop duster or something of the sort. CB chokes up a bit at the beginning and is very hard to hear for the first couple minutes.
They ask her about how PF and KB met. She goes onto explain how they met on the internet.
At this point they ask CB to point out in the court room who she believed her daughter to be dating. You could tell she was very hesitant to look at him. She pointed and they asked her again can you describe him. She said, the one in the blue shirt. (Just imagine every picture you've ever seen of PF and it was the same look on his face)

CB goes on explaining their relationship:
Met on internet, told her parents about him in December 2016~(2015? the dates kept getting scrambled)
In April of 2016(?) he came to Idaho and met them. At this time time she told her parents about their intentions to get married. A week after he left, she told them that she was moving to CO so she could really get to know him and be sure he is the one.
*PF told her not to worry about money and that she wouldn't need a job.
PF flew to KB and helped her pack up all her things a short time later.
This is where it gets very interesting
PF and KB headed back to CO and had an apt secured in Florrisant for her. They got back super late and didn't want to have to set anything up so PF told her she could just spend the night at 'ol Ma's house. OOFTA....bad decision.

Apparently SF woke up and was mad, called her a hooker and made her leave.
Didn't believe that KB actually had an apt*

When KB got pregnant, PF never told his family. SF realized at some point in July and called her out on it. Threw her out of the house again at this point. (At this point she had moved to Grand Junction for a job after she realized money WAS an issue but was spending the weekends at SF's house).

It was around July/Aug 2017 that she was hired at Doss so was in the process of moving back when SF did this, so she found someone @ Doss who was renting out a room and moved in with them in Pueblo, I believe.
In Sept 2017, PF and KB were apparently going to look @ purchasing house, CB was going to help look. KB calls and says PF is pissed and he just wants her to rent something out and not buy.
CB came and helped her find a place to rent in woodland park, they decided woodland park would be best for relationship & job.
Oct 2017, KB has baby 3 weeks early. CB was there for birth.
KB's rental was only only going to be good through the winter, but the people let her extend it a little longer.
In May '18 CB and DB came back and helped her buy/move into the new place in the same complex.
During this visit she saw PF a few times. Also mentions that in a previous trip to CO she has met SF and ate dinner at her place 4~ times.

They talk about KB's first birthday party at KB's place. Only PF was present, no one else in his family came.

part 2 in a bit.
BBM:

From your notes above:

"CB mentioned that also whenever PF's sister was @ SF house, KB was forced to stay outside on the deck. (lovely family)"

I'd like to issue an open and public invitation for PF's sister to rejoin this thread at any time.

Please. Do it.

J.M.O.

Last edited:
The defense, which did not seek the court’s authorization to name an alternate killer, did not offer a theory of the crime, except to say Frazee wasn’t involved.

[...]

Using a slideshow for assistance, Viehman gave an overview of cellphone evidence, surveillance imagery and blood found in Berreth’s condo to build the picture of a murder conspiracy by Frazee.

First, he poisoned everyone in his life against Berreth, Viehman charged, none more so than Kenney, with whom he’d had a decadelong, on-again, off-again fling.

Frazee sought to convince Kenney that Berreth was an abusive mother who had to be “taken care of” before harm befell [Baby K]. Prosecutors say his claims that Berreth burned the girl and hit her on the head were fabrications meant to secure Kenney’s cooperation and silence.

[...]

Defending Kenney, Viehman said much of the evidence in the case, including the area of his Florissant ranch where authorities say Frazee burned Berreth’s remains, wouldn’t have been found without her assistance.

When investigators dug into the burn scar, they found evidence of accelerants and a possible human tooth, Viehman said.

[...]

Cheryl Berreth is expected to be cross-examined by the defense when testimony resumes on Monday morning.

Well if we all recall, PF was filing for custody of Baby K. So I do believe that something transpired between him and Kelsey before then, and I believe that she may have been thinking of leaving the area and moving on.
^^SBM

I'm also not convinced that KB was preparing to depart from Woodland Park, Co for a couple of reasons.

First, although she lived at Woodland Park Condominiums for more than a year, she just became the owner of her unit in May 2018 -- only 5+ months before her death. I don't see her planning to leave so soon after purchase.

Second -- I believe there's been a lot of misinformation about PF filing for custody of baby K, and the source of the confusion is the search warrant.

For several months, I too was under the impression that PF was filing for custody of baby K-- based on the search warrant information.

It now seems that there was never any true custody document (located under warrant)--citing "PF, plaintiff" and "KB, defendant" for custody of baby K, found at the Franch!

Instead, what was actually collected from PF's residence during the search was a handwritten statement signed by him designating about three individuals with authority to provide for and/or assume care of baby K in his absence.

The statement by PF not only omitted KB as co-authorizer for these individuals PF designated to care for their child but also omitted KB as the alternate caregiver.

(Of course KB excluded because she'd soon be dead).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member