CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that discussion. I think he had a spare duplicate outfit at her condo. MOO.
I would expect a guy who spent his days wading around in cow poop would always have a spare set of clothes. This doesn't surprise me. Remember that he would have been helping cows give birth on a regular basis out there in his pastures. He'd have gloves and covers for his shoes.

Last edited:
Random things.
Not sure we can talk about the jury, so if not just let me know and I'll delete.
Mostly older jury, predominantly (if not all) white.
Most of the men looked like farmers. (JMO)

CC was in attendance. Actually walked right past me as I entered the court house (and um no they won't let you walk through the circus tent, guarding it like it's Area 51)
Was there ever a picture of RS released? From description, I'd say RS was sitting next to CC but i can't confirm, because I've never seen a picture of him to my knowledge.

I have no idea what PF's sister or brother really look like. So also don't know if they were there. Like I mentioned before, SF was waiting outside the court room and watched as PF walked in.
CB and DB sat front row, a couple other people next to them. Didn't recognize them.

Hmmm. I think Mediterranean food, heavy on the garlic, onions, and other spices would be better. It may be a little more pricey, but you get what you pay for. I'm willing to kick in some dinero for that @GoJacks, if you're willing :).
Let's also be thinking about providing a hotel room so we don't miss a thing!
Bet every room in town is booked though.

Last edited:
Article has again been updated just 10 minutes ago to include CB's testimony and it's very detailed.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
After the opening statements today, prosecutors brought forward their first witness: Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey’s mother. She described the growing panic last December as the days passed with no sign of her daughter. More: http://bit.ly/2C6LRL4 #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
10:58 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Prosecutors call Berreth's mother as first witness

[...]

That move happened in May 2016. Frazee, Berreth and her parents loaded a trailer with her possessions and the couple drove from Washington to Florissant. Frazee had purchased Berreth a studio appointment, where she lived when she first moved there. Berreth and Frazee never lived together at any point in their relationship, though Berreth would often visit for weekends, Cheryl said.

However, before moving in, Berreth spent a night at Frazee’s home, which he shared with his mother, because they had driven into Colorado late in the evening and decided they’d unpack everything the following day, Cheryl said. Based on what Berreth had told her later, Frazee’s mother had accused her of being a hooker the following morning, Cheryl said.

She said she believes Berreth and Frazee’s mother were able to work past the incident, but the feelings didn’t go away, she said.

[...]

Come early October 2018, Berreth’s parents flew out to Colorado to celebrate Kaylee’s first birthday. Berreth, her parents and Frazee spent the day together in her condo. Cheryl said their stay was short — they planned to visit for Christmas too. They were not planning on visiting around Thanksgiving Day.

[...]

Cheryl confirmed that her daughter made no mention of an argument or unusual behavior from Frazee. She said she was sure Berreth would have said something to her if their relationship had hit a rocky patch. But the opposite seemed true — Berreth had been looking to purchase a ranch in the area and had even looked at places with Frazee and Cheryl, her mother said.

[...]

When she asked Frazee to go to the Woodland Park condo to check on Berreth, Frazee said he had to check on his cows, but would go over afterward, though “she wouldn’t want to see him,” Cheryl said. She said she didn’t care about that — she just wanted to know if Berreth or her car was at the condo.

The only things they noticed were missing were her purse, keys and iPhone.

The prosecutors brought up three pictures of the condo at this time:
  • The first showed her kitchen table, with stale bread, sparkling cider, live flowers, some papers and a laptop on it.
  • The second showed the view from the front door. The living room area was very sparse with little furniture. A wooden chest she had used as a footstool had been pushed up against the fireplace, which Cheryl said she thought was odd. They also noticed smears all over the apartment, from the loveseat to the stove. The toys Cheryl and her husband had bought for Kaylee for her birthday were also missing.
  • The third photo showed the four stale cinnamon buns on the stove, along with a plug-in candle that was still on.
Friday’s trial period ended after the prosecutors showed this final picture. It will continue Monday morning.

[...]
"She said she was sure Berreth would have said something to her if their relationship had hit a rocky patch. But the opposite seemed true — Berreth had been looking to purchase a ranch in the area and had even looked at places with Frazee and Cheryl, her mother said."

Cheryl was with them looking at Ranches to buy.....
I'm just shaking my head...

^^SBM

I'm also not convinced that KB was preparing to depart from Woodland Park, Co for a couple of reasons.

First, although she lived at Woodland Park Condominiums for more than a year, she just became the owner of her unit in May 2018 -- only 5+ months before her death. I don't see her planning to leave so soon after purchase.

Second -- I believe there's been a lot of misinformation about PF filing for custody of baby K, and the source of the confusion is the search warrant.

For several months, I too was under the impression that PF was filing for custody of baby K-- based on the search warrant information.

It now seems that there was never any true custody document (located under warrant)--citing "PF, plaintiff" and "KB, defendant" for custody of baby K, found at the Franch!

Instead, what was actually collected from PF's residence during the search was a handwritten statement signed by him designating about three individuals with authority to provide for and/or assume care of baby K in his absence.

The statement by PF not only omitted KB as co-authorizer for these individuals PF designated to care for their child but also omitted KB as the alternate caregiver.

(Of course KB excluded because she'd soon be dead).

MOO

CB mentioned today the only time KB talked about moving was Doss had mentioned they might be opening a new place in Idaho and KB said she would be interested in that. Something about how Doss in Pueblo was like a level 1 and this would be a level 2 and thus a better job?
It also wasn't confirmed at all that Doss was opening up a new place and just speculation.

This just breaks my heart to hear that Kelsey was treated this way. Being called a hooker and made to sit on the porch? That is just cold-hearted and cruel. :mad::( MOO
Who does that??? I guess he must have actually brought h00kers home? why on earth was she involved with any of these people?? No wonder they didn't like KB..they could never be good enough to be near her.

It's been a while but there was someone posting drone footage over the franch. It showed a couple totes on the property, iirc. Also, PF didn't look different in the camera footage at KB's condo, coming or going. IIRC, the search warrant said he had an outrageous amount of grey shirts.

I'd have to look for links but maybe someone else recalls?
He probably had extra clothes at the condo as well. And he had a place to clean up before leaving the condo.

Wait a minute! Hold the phone!!!
You said:

"When they searched PF's house he had literally written a note to himself about what he did Nov. 22nd. (I assume so he could keep his story straight).
It included: Running errands, picking up baby, etc and in what order..)

Are you crazy kidding me?!!!!

How stupid can he get!!!

This must be in the "murder your partner" handbook.

Another mom is missing in CT, and her husband and his mistress each drafted alibi lists -- which were collected under warrant search!!

okay now onto CB.....which was very eye opening.

Viehman starts out by asking her to talk about Kelsey to us.
Talks about Kelseys love of aviation and knew from a young age that's what she wanted to do. Originally wanted to be a crop duster or something of the sort. CB chokes up a bit at the beginning and is very hard to hear for the first couple minutes.
They ask her about how PF and KB met. She goes onto explain how they met on the internet.
At this point they ask CB to point out in the court room who she believed her daughter to be dating. You could tell she was very hesitant to look at him. She pointed and they asked her again can you describe him. She said, the one in the blue shirt. (Just imagine every picture you've ever seen of PF and it was the same look on his face)

CB goes on explaining their relationship:
Met on internet, told her parents about him in December 2016~(2015? the dates kept getting scrambled)
In April of 2016(?) he came to Idaho and met them. At this time time she told her parents about their intentions to get married. A week after he left, she told them that she was moving to CO so she could really get to know him and be sure he is the one.
*PF told her not to worry about money and that she wouldn't need a job.
PF flew to KB and helped her pack up all her things a short time later.
This is where it gets very interesting
PF and KB headed back to CO and had an apt secured in Florrisant for her. They got back super late and didn't want to have to set anything up so PF told her she could just spend the night at 'ol Ma's house. OOFTA....bad decision.

Apparently SF woke up and was mad, called her a hooker and made her leave.
Didn't believe that KB actually had an apt*
CB mentioned that also whenever PF's sister was @ SF house, KB was forced to stay outside on the deck. (lovely family)

When KB got pregnant, PF never told his family. SF realized at some point in July and called her out on it. Threw her out of the house again at this point. (At this point she had moved to Grand Junction for a job after she realized money WAS an issue but was spending the weekends at SF's house).

It was around July/Aug 2017 that she was hired at Doss so was in the process of moving back when SF did this, so she found someone @ Doss who was renting out a room and moved in with them in Pueblo, I believe.
In Sept 2017, PF and KB were apparently going to look @ purchasing house, CB was going to help look. KB calls and says PF is pissed and he just wants her to rent something out and not buy.
CB came and helped her find a place to rent in woodland park, they decided woodland park would be best for relationship & job.
Oct 2017, KB has baby 3 weeks early. CB was there for birth.
KB's rental was only only going to be good through the winter, but the people let her extend it a little longer.
In May '18 CB and DB came back and helped her buy/move into the new place in the same complex.
During this visit she saw PF a few times. Also mentions that in a previous trip to CO she has met SF and ate dinner at her place 4~ times.

They talk about KB's first birthday party at KB's place. Only PF was present, no one else in his family came.

part 2 in a bit.

Ok, after learning more about the Fs and their treatment of KB, I'm thinking how even more extremely coincidental that FB post was about the witch being dead way back when KB was first reported missing and the investigation was starting. I remember it was proven to have come from a different SF, but, how weird, especially in light of this testimony from CB. IMO.

BBM:

From your notes above:

"CB mentioned that also whenever PF's sister was @ SF house, KB was forced to stay outside on the deck. (lovely family)"

I'd like to issue an open and public invitation for PF's sister to rejoin this thread at any time.

Please. Do it.

J.M.O.
:0)

Awesome posts, everyone. I was able to piece today's events in my head by combining everyone's posts. Thx so much. For some reason this case just 'gets to me'.
I never realized that so much would be learned in just the opening few hours of the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member