TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything can be ditched for cash and scrap, or to just “disappear” in Mexico.
Could it be cartel related? Of course. But not by high ranking guys. These guys employ kids/addicts/desperates from anywhere, and threaten violence upon their friends and families if they fail.
Meth/drug addicts? There are some who will do anything for money to get their fix.
A robbery gone bad? Maybe. There’s so many possibilities and motives at this point.

But, whoever stole their truck had the foresight to disconnect the Onstar GPS that was on their truck according to the family.
This wasn’t their first rodeo into GTA.
Edit: Or maybe Onstar doesn’t work in Mexico? I didn’t think about that...? I know my dads GPS fish finder thing wouldn’t plot Lake Amistad in Del Rio on the other side of the Rio Grande boundary.

I'm trying to fathom what this crime was all about. If he has a vehicle himself...what did they want from the Butlers? Theft of the truck and RV for what?

Now he's in Mexico and where do they go from there? His photo is all over the news - even here in the Philly area.

DBM

Anything can be ditched for cash and scrap, or to just “disappear” in Mexico.
Could it be cartel related? Of course. But not by high ranking guys. These guys employ kids/addicts/desperates from anywhere, and threaten violence upon their friends and families if they fail.
Meth/drug addicts? There are some who will do anything for money to get their fix.
A robbery gone bad? Maybe. There’s so many possibilities and motives at this point.

But, whoever stole their truck had the foresight to disconnect the Onstar GPS that was on their truck according to the family.
This wasn’t their first rodeo into GTA.
Edit: Or maybe Onstar doesn’t work in Mexico? I didn’t think about that...? I know my dads GPS fish finder thing wouldn’t plot Lake Amistad in Del Rio on the other side of the Rio Grande boundary.

Could the vehicle operator not be responsible for the Butlers’ deaths, or, at the time of taking custody of the vehicle, not aware that a brutal crime was related to the vehicle?

Thought to “disable” GPS, but took no apparent precaution to disguise/avoid detection from the cams at the border crossing

MOO

James, Michelle Butler: NH couple dead, persons of interest identified

Image attached from this link.

Investigators examining a case of Modelo beer and a Chipotle take out bag on the beach. Do you think this was the Butler's? I don't either.

Who would leave this on the beach? Probably not cartel related, but maybe opportunist drug addicts, IMO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.14.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.14.44 PM.png
    415.2 KB · Views: 154

Investigators examining a case of Modelo beer and a Chipotle take out bag on the beach. Do you think this was the Butler's? I don't either.

Who would leave this on the beach? Probably not cartel related, but maybe opportunist drug addicts, IMO.
bolding mine
Oh, man.
From the title of that link-- I thought LE knew who this perp -- driving the Butler's stolen vehicle/RV -- was.

The poor families of James and Michelle !!!!

Find these scum bags before something horrible happens to someone else !

Unbelievable that a dimwit would leave beer cans and trash on the beach if involved in either the murder and/or theft of truck and RV of James and Michelle Baker!

This, plus not blocking their identity going through the border patrol adds up to maybe the biggest stupidest crime of the year. IMO.

Unbelievable that a dimwit would leave beer cans and trash on the beach if involved in either the murder and/or theft of truck and RV of James and Michelle Baker!

This, plus not blocking their identity going through the border patrol adds up to maybe the biggest stupidest crime of the year. IMO.

Maybe they bought the truck and trailer for next to nothing and think they are the owners. Is the search for the suspects all over the media in Mexico?

My husband and I camped on the beach plenty of times in California. There is nothing like the sound of the waves rolling as you fall asleep. It’s wonderful. Getting up to sunshine and making breakfast, taking leftovers around to other campers and visiting. Going back to camp, sitting in a chair and watching the waves rolling in and out along the shore, watching children laughing with glee as the waves break around them.

That’s all these people wanted, was a beautiful setting, feeling a freedom you cannot get tied down to one spot and meeting all kinds of interesting characters.
Yep. And I think these slime balls came along, saw a happy couple with more than they had and took it. Probably chatted with them, brought their guard down. Who knows. You meet all kinds when you camp. The Butlers probably were polite but knew they were sketchy. But maybe didn’t realize they were dangerous. The rest is history. My thoughts only. Moo and all that.

There is a toll required when crossing the border. Maybe in order to pay this toll, there is no chance to avoid surveillance.

Also, if they planned to stay in Mexico, perhaps it was no concern to them to be on camera. JMO

Del Rio, Texas - Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila Border Crossing

I have to wonder why the suspects would cross into Mexico and into a part of Mexico where there doesn't seem to be anything there. I get that they want to be as unnoticed as possible. But for them personally, I wonder if they are familiar with Mexico and feel safe there. Or did they just run there to get out of the US? Would it be possible for them to travel across Mexico and continue south into Central America? Border crossings would be in the southern end of Mexico as well, so I don't no if they could cross so easily. All MOO.

Looks like the passenger could be Mexican, maybe she's familiar with the area. Driver looks fairly clean cut. He wouldn't get a second look from border patrol. Maybe wife beater husband is in the backseat of the truck or inside the rv.

There is a toll required when crossing the border. Maybe in order to pay this toll, there is no chance to avoid surveillance.

Also, if they planned to stay in Mexico, perhaps it was no concern to them to be on camera. JMO

Del Rio, Texas - Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila Border Crossing
Right, it would have caused alarm if they were masked or something. But of course they could have hidden the tattoo, used other disguised, etc. obviously stupid if they murdered people senselessly, though.

There's anther picture of investigators sifting through trash from a beach trash can that they tipped over. I believe this is from the same thing.

bolding mine
Oh, man.
From the title of that link-- I thought LE knew who this perp -- driving the Butler's stolen vehicle/RV -- was.

The poor families of James and Michelle !!!!

Find these scum bags before something horrible happens to someone else !

They have his name.

For folks not up to date, a female National Park Service ranger pulled over the POI a few days before the suspected murder (I just got that piece from an overnight text). I'm still waiting for my friend to tell me why, but I'm assuming speeding. They pull over a lot of people on Park Road 22 for speeding since the speed limit it 45 within the Park, but it's a wide open road so easy to speed. I've been pulled over in uniform :) They also get a lot of drunk drivers. They had dash cam or body cam video of this incident and my friend and another ranger I know were able to get his personal license plate and drivers license from this video. They gave it to the DA and county police, whoever else (FBI?).

You can watch it here if you like

93ce68d1-cdcb-4bc3-9751-2d2e73aa39d7_750x422.png

a tip came in and they believe they have the name of the man in the photo. They said they hope to have an arrest warrant soon.

Do you know this man? Law enforcement looking for person of interest in murder of New Hampshire couple

Unless they know someone or know where they are going in Mexico it could end badly for them. Oh look, a white guy in a truck (perhaps still hauling trailer) screams tourist. There was a report just on GMA that several family were travelling from I believe AZ into Northern Mexico caravan style for a Wedding. Their vehicles were found shot at and burned. I think they said a child or children did manage to escape.

Morning!

Fortunately for LE the list is neverending when it comes to violent offenders being very stupid when committing violent homicides.

This one will be just one case among an amount of numerous others that have happened before, and those to follow.

It's is a common theme for many to always ask in most all murder cases 'but why did they do it this or that way, and not do it this way?'

I've never questioned the whys they do the things they do in the way each one chooses.

It is what it is in every murder case including this one. Although unexplainable to all of us who are not violent nor vicious murderers, when we will never possess the same mindsets they all have individually.

So I leave the why questions to others, and highly respect anyone who have those opinions. It's very logical to want to know the whys. I used to do the same many years ago myself.

But for me at least, its undoable, and I can't begin to know why all murderers chooses what they do during, and in the aftermath or even plot the murders out beforehand.

All I know is they all DO them in the way each one does them.

I can only guess each one doing their heinous murders that made sense to them at the time, whether it ever makes sense to me or others.

I am just thankful many murderers make totally stupid mistakes. When doing so is often the very reasons they are found, captured, and brought to justice.

I think they will also find who has killed this lovely couple as well.

Jmhoo

So, the POI was pulled over for a minor infraction (IMO) but I was told it's classified info. I don't know if my friend was kidding or not, but it's like a warning or a $25 ticket. It also makes me think he was pulled over on the beach and not Park Road 22.

My friend's opinion is that "they [POIs] were desperate and saw a couple that was too trusting." "Potentially" for drug money, and "then they fled to Mexico to hide it or sell it." Basically really dumb criminals...The "suspected couple was really nice on the traffic stop."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member