TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you DO drive across and IN to Mexico without a lot of questions. And they aren't going to hold you down and twist your arm to make you get the TIP either. You have to find the facility yourself, and go there and do it. If you don't pay there, you get to pay fines later if you are ever stopped or in an accident. It is getting back to the American side that is where you better have your duckies all packed in a row.
Agreed. Much discussion about that in relation to why they picked the Del Rio border crossing, as it was mentioned as being even more lax.

Getting back in would have been next to impossible for them so I imagine they had no plans to return to the US. Since she had her daughter with her, and took her out of the country without the likelihood of returning, does that add an additional charge of kidnapping? In the least, I'd think child endangerment. JMO

I think they had no plans of coming back to the US. I have read that family says no financial transactions happened after the date they think they were killed. I wonder if they were caught with large sums of money or weapons. I believe this was all planned and the Butlers just happened to be the ones they picked due to a newer vehicle and there only being 2 of them. I’d like to think that Butlers went quickly and without pain but part of me also wants to think they got some licks in.

I think they had no plans of coming back to the US. I have read that family says no financial transactions happened after the date they think they were killed. I wonder if they were caught with large sums of money or weapons. I believe this was all planned and the Butlers just happened to be the ones they picked due to a newer vehicle and there only being 2 of them. I’d like to think that Butlers went quickly and without pain but part of me also wants to think they got some licks in.

Welcome ValerieS :)

Agreed. Much discussion about that in relation to why they picked the Del Rio border crossing, as it was mentioned as being even more lax.

Getting back in would have been next to impossible for them so I imagine they had no plans to return to the US. Since she had her daughter with her, and took her out of the country without the likelihood of returning, does that add an additional charge of kidnapping? In the least, I'd think child endangerment. JMO

They actually crossed at Eagle Pass which is 55 miles southeast of Del Rio. They entered Mexico at Piedras Negras. Why did they choose this crossing? It is known as a very dangerous area.

They were photographed at the Eagle Pass Bridge, not Del Rio.

I feel bad to post because I’m once again speed-reading, but is there a chance that the arrested couple didn’t commit the murders? Could they have stolen the truck/rv because it appeared abandoned after someone else murdered the Butlers?
As I've been trying to catch up today, I did have the same thought. I mean, it's rather unlikely, but it's certainly possible.

I agree. It seems sketchy that the “sister” was looking for the child, not the bio father. And the child was not reported missing in any database. I saw the sister posting but I believe it was after the Wanted poster went up. I think the sister wanted to find the girl but also wanted everyone to know that she was with these perps. Wonder where the child is now?

I don't know that he wasn't also looking for her or if he is even on media. I didn't look that far. I just saw that the sister was looking, and at least someone was looking. It seems that the child's family found about the whole thing the same way everybody else did. I also got the impression that a lot of people with way more of a "need to know" than any of us here seem to have been left out of the loop by investigators.

They actually crossed at Eagle Pass which is 55 miles southeast of Del Rio. They entered Mexico at Piedras Negras. Why did they choose this crossing? It is known as a very dangerous area.
No idea why they chose Eagle Pass over the Ciudad Acuna crossing.

I did read Eagle Pass has a lot of commercial trucking traffic and a railroad crossing between Mexico & the US too. They have 3 bridges crossing the Rio Grande, one of which is exclusively for commercial truck traffic.

Maybe they felt the churn of traffic across that border would make them less conspicuous?

For reference, just wanted to mention two other cases here where the victims were killed for their vehicles: Tim Bosma (Canada), as well as the lovely senior couple Bud and June Runion. Both of these cases were heartbreaking as well.

Finally all caught up, and just a couple of rather random thoughts:

The cats :( I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but early reports from witnesses (way back in the thread, no clue where the link is now) say they saw the suspects at the camping area with a small child AND a dog. If in fact this is true, and they did have a dog with them, I suspect all they had to do to get rid of the cats were to expose them to this dog. The cats would have wasted no time scrambling to get away from this strange dog. I do hope they were chipped and can be found safely. At least it will be some amount of good news to come out of this evil mess.

Noverr's mug shot. She looks like she's been crying. And not just regular old crying, but some heavy duty weeping. Puffy face, red eyes, messed up hair. She doesn't look like a meth user, she looks like someone who is scared for her life about now. As well she should be.

They were photographed at the Eagle Pass Bridge, not Del Rio.
Ok ok. I confused one with the other. I thought they were in the same area and Del Rio is the name of the town. My point is still valid.

Finally all caught up, and just a couple of rather random thoughts:

The cats :( I don't know if it was ever confirmed, but early reports from witnesses (way back in the thread, no clue where the link is now) say they saw the suspects at the camping area with a small child AND a dog. If in fact this is true, and they did have a dog with them, I suspect all they had to do to get rid of the cats were to expose them to this dog. The cats would have wasted no time scrambling to get away from this strange dog. I do hope they were chipped and can be found safely. At least it will be some amount of good news to come out of this evil mess.

Noverr's mug shot. She looks like she's been crying. And not just regular old crying, but some heavy duty weeping. Puffy face, red eyes, messed up hair. She doesn't look like a meth user, she looks like someone who is scared for her life about now. As well she should be.

It's not surprising that she's playing the unfortunate helpless emotional vulnerable female card. Was she crying when she participated in the murder and burial of two strangers before hitting the road with their vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname