CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeline for this trial is fast partially because PF hasn’t been asking for delays. I really think he thinks he has a shot at a not guilty verdict so he thinks the sooner the trial is over the sooner he will be home.

Or to preserve a later appeal about ineffectiveness of counsel. Or both. And I can see how the PD lawyer wouldn’t be interested in delays; the sooner he gets this case behind him the sooner he can move on to cases that are private pay.

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Join me in 15 minutes over on @KKTV11News FB page for a FB live to go over what we’ve heard so far today. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

11:09 AM - 12 Nov 2019

If you remember in opening statements the defense said there was no evidence that the crime happened in her condo. Today the investigator said they collected about a dozen pieces of floor board with what appeared to be blood in the sides. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

NEW: investigators in #KelseyBerreth case showed us pictures of floor board they ripped up from her condo floor allegedly where she was killed. They showed how in between the floor boards you can see what appears to be blood that seeped through the floor boards. @KKTV11News

11:07 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Interesting. I wonder if attorney client privilege applies there. Since that attorney quit, and is not his defence Lawyer.
If PF had any consultation
We're not dealing with a bright bunch here. So my guess is probably not.
Unless things are far different in Idaho and Colorado than where I live, expired tags just gets you a ticket, not impounding.

I think they just want to give the jury time to do the math on MG's gun before moving on. I know I've been thinking hard, and I feel like I'm getting close to understanding the bullet math, but still need some more time IMO

I don’t really understand what you’re saying but the judge controls the pace of trial. Not the two sides. Often if one isn’t available they tell them to call another and get on with it.

Join me in 15 minutes over on @KKTV11News FB page for a FB live to go over what we’ve heard so far today. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

If you remember in opening statements the defense said there was no evidence that the crime happened in her condo. Today the investigator said they collected about a dozen pieces of floor board with what appeared to be blood in the sides. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

NEW: investigators in #KelseyBerreth case showed us pictures of floor board they ripped up from her condo floor allegedly where she was killed. They showed how in between the floor boards you can see what appears to be blood that seeped through the floor boards. @KKTV11News

There we go. So now we have the evidence of blood that seeped through the floor of the condo, corroborating that it was the scene of the crime.

Hope that clears that up.

Last edited:
The 22nd is a profoundly important date.

Profoundly.

I think it's glorious that he plans to hand the case over to jury on that date.

JMO.
That would be great, but I'm still hoping they finish up a day early and the resounding GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES echoes through the courtroom and halls bright and early on the 22nd!! How satisfying that would be. Then all the jurors could be released to head home and enjoy their families and give thanks that murderer will eat his "crow" behind bars. And, also take a moment to reflect on that beautiful life he stole and her family who must go on without her :(

Or to preserve a later appeal about ineffectiveness of counsel. Or both. And I can see how the PD lawyer wouldn’t be interested in delays; the sooner he gets this case behind him the sooner he can move on to cases that are private pay.

It seems to me that if the PD is hoping to use this trial as a springboard for a lucrative private practice career as a defense attorney, delays are irrelevant, he needs to 'win'.

As to the expired tags:
We know that KK managed to drive 1400 miles in that car with those expired tags. The car got photographed numerous times, but none of those photographs so far show the license plates. Even at the Sonic, which has a system keyed on photographs of the license plate, she managed to make a purchase without a clear shot of the license plate. The law officers who finally noticed the violation were two FBI agents, who certainly do not have vehicle registration enforcement in their job descriptions.
This is just one of many inexplicable factors in this bizarre case IMO

The timeline for this trial is fast partially because PF hasn’t been asking for delays. I really think he thinks he has a shot at a not guilty verdict so he thinks the sooner the trial is over the sooner he will be home.
"No body; no crime," right? He's such a narcissist he is probably repeating that to himself like a mantra, sure his clever body-less murder plan will still get him of the hook.

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Lee’s friend, Megan Garrison, told jury she hadn’t fired gun in many months prior to lending car. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

11:13 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Defense elicited key detail from one of Lee’s friends in Idaho. Under cross examination, woman who lent car to Krystal Lee after Thanksgiving tells jury that a bullet was missing from gun in glove box. ** ^^ bbm

11:12 AM - 12 Nov 2019

CBI evidence tech Tonya Aktinson described searches in Woodland Park and Teller County after Lee confessed her involvement. Those searches turned up new evidence: Blood spots on walls, fireplace and baby gate. Under floor boards. Cleaning marks on couch cushions and picture frame

11:12 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Joshua Hayes, Twin Falls PD officer, testified that he found charred cellphone parts in two burn areas on Lee’s property outside of Twin Falls, including a blackened circuit board, bits of broken glass and a cellphone screen protector.

11:10 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Slagle was among eight witnesses called to the stand during morning testimony. Other highlights include investigators recalling fruits of new searches conducted after Lee made confession to authorities.

11:10 AM - 12 Nov 2019

BACKGROUND: Prosecutors say Frazee’s claims about timing are plainly contradicted by surveillance images and cellphone data showing he was at Berreth’s Woodland Park townhouse four hours before arriving home, late for dinner.

As for Berreth, #PatrickFrazee said he stopped by #KelseyBerreth’s town house briefly to pick up their daughter at parking lot of Berreth’s, Slagle said. Frazee said nothing about going inside, but didn’t deny it, either, Slagle told jury.

On witness stand, Slagle was asked to examine handwritten timeline of Thanksgiving Day found at #PatrickFrazee’s ranch. Slagle agreed it matched Frazee’s prior claims: That Frazee spent several hours tending to cattle in Park County before going to holiday dinner.

11:08 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Slagle testified that Frazee started building timeline after consulting with his attorney. Slagle wasn’t present for Frazee’s convo with attorney, though. (CONTEXT: Slagle didn’t identify attorney, but we know Frazee had different attorney than now.)

Robert Stanley Slagle, who told jury he still thinks of #PatrickFrazee as friend, said Frazee wanted surveillance images proving he made bank deposit on Thanksgiving Day, all to nail down his whereabouts on holiday. We previously heard from teller who called it “odd.”

Decadelong friend of #PatrickFrazee admits he was ‘mystery man’ who accompanied Frazee on hunt for what prosecutors called “alibi evidence” after #KelseyBerreth’s disappearance. They went to Ent Federal Credit Union together, among other places. @csgazette

11:06 AM - 12 Nov 2019

ETA: ** Gun in glove box conflicts with Reporter Sam's tweet placing gun under the seat. MOO
WOW!!
"Joshua Hayes, Twin Falls PD officer, testified that he found charred cellphone parts in two burn areas on Lee’s property outside of Twin Falls, including a blackened circuit board, bits of broken glass and a cellphone screen protector"

Attachments

• MeghanAA.JPG
    MeghanAA.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 12
Has anything been mentioned about where the crime took place. Seems KK mentioned a back room, but I was reading the Search Warrant that specifies a lot of blood in various parts of the bathroom. Did this murder occur in all rooms throughout the townhouse. If so, this gives me nightmares thinking poor Kelsey was trying to get away by running to nearby rooms. Also, there was blood the fireplace and kitchen, too. I can't find it anymore, but I recall reading that there was blood on a cover for the sweet rolls. It's possible this was an item KK was told to remove by orders of PK. From the information I could gather, it seems like KB was attacked while trying to get away, but may have been too injured to get away by running. ( I believe she was athletic and a runner). She may have been trying to protect her baby, as well.

I seem to have read a tweet that she searched for " sweet potato pie" at 2:20pm, but she had texted PF to get some pecans for the "sweet potato casserole" while at Walmart. It makes me think by 2:20 pm, KB was deceased. Me thinks he did that search. I wonder what he was doing all that time in her townhouse? Eating sweet rolls? Ugh

Would love to read others thoughts on this.

Ok back to Lurk mode☺️

I wonder too! Taking a shower and changing his clothes to another nondescript shirt and jeans?

Why didn’t he put a lot of the items he told KK to remove into the tote with the body? What on earth was he doing? I think she said he half-heartedly tried to clean up a little bit with wet wipes.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
She also showed photos of the torn up floorboards, which show a lot more potential blood that could have seeped between the boards based on Kenney's info on what happened. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:28 AM - 12 Nov 2019 pst

A CBI crime scene analyst has also run us through the evidence she gathered from Berreth's townhome. She showed photos of tiny spots of blood, like on the chairs acting as a TV stand, fireplace and couch. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:27 AM - 12 Nov 2019

We've heard from more law enforcement, including Twin Falls Police and CBI. A Twin Falls detective testified he found burnt electronic pieces and a broken glass screen protector in burn pits at Kenney's home. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:26 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Slagle was not asked about a comment attributed to him about "forgetting we are here" when at the Ent Credit Union, which can be found in other court documents. He says Frazee never mentioned meeting a hitman or "no body no crime". @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

11:24 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Robert Slagle, Frazee's best friend, took the stand. He testified he picked up a package from Berreth's townhome at Frazee's request and went on an "alibi trip" with Frazee to retrace his steps on Nov. 22. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

11:22 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Early recess today for more witnesses to travel from out of state. Jennifer Viehman tells the court we’re actually ahead of schedule, so that’s a good sign. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

8:48 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Garrison recalled telling them there were six in the magazine and that one of the eight was missing, so it would make sense one was in the chamber. On redirect from state, she said it didn’t look like the gun had been fired. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

8:47 AM - 12 Nov 2019

On cross, Garrison was asked about the bullet missing from her 9mm gun beneath the driver’s seat.** She couldn’t remember telling the FBI if one was missing from the chamber when asked by Stiegerwald. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

8:46 AM - 12 Nov 2019

We also heard from Megan Garrison, who swapped vehicles with Kenney when she came down to CO to clean up the crime scene. Garrison says she asked to switch so she could move. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

8:45 AM - 12 Nov 2019

We’ve heard from Krystal Kenney’s coworkers at the hospital. They testified she acted differently around Dec. 26, telling them she “had to do what she did to protect her family and herself”. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

8:44 AM - 12 Nov 2019

ETA: ** Conflicts with other reporter citing gun in glove box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members