CA CA - Monique Figueroa, 28, Littlerock, 19 May 2015

Antelope Valley Press

Reward renewal due in unsolved disappearance
  • Antelope Valley Press
  • 6 Aug 2019
  • VALLEY PRESS STAFF REPORT
A $20,000 reward offered by the county for information leading the capture and/or conviction of whoever is responsible for the suspicious and heinous disappearance of 27-yearold Monique Figueroa could be renewed today by the County Board of Supervisors, thanks to a motion by Supervisor Kathryn Barger.

The mother of a toddler daughter, Figueroa was last seen May 19, 2015, leaving her home in the 7200 block of East Avenue U-12. Her 2004 burgundy-colored Mercedes Benz sport utility vehicle was found 11 days later in Juniper Hills.

Figueroa, who was 27 when she disappeared, is described as Hispanic, 5 feet 3 inches tall, weighing 140 pounds, with shoulder-length brown hair and hazel eyes.

The Board first approved a $20,000 reward on Aug. 16, 2016. The reward expired on Feb. 24, 2017. The reward was reestablished on Jan, 22, and again on May 28. The reward is set to expire on Aug. 25.

As part of the lengthy investigation into her disappearance, officials dug for several days in the 11000 block of Pearblossom Highway after receiving a tip that Figueroa’s remains were buried there. Additional searches were made in Palmdale and Lancaster, including using cadaver dogs in May 2016. All failed to find evidence of Figueroa.

Barger encourages anyone with information about this crime to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff ’s Homicide Bureau at 323890-5564 or provide information anonymously at “Crime Stoppers” by dialing 800-222-TIPS or by visiting: lacrimestoppers.org.

Another body found in the Antelope Valley. About 40 minutes north of where Monique's car was found in Juniper Hills but an easy and straight shot right up the 14 freeway. Remains were found right off the freeway.
Skeletal remains found in shallow grave in Lancaster

Although I never met her we had friends in common and live in the same town. Hopefully someday soon her family can get closure.

Police told Dateline in 2019 there are no recent updates in this case.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

monique_figueroa_96d69a7fc738d5b3938de2ad760c1b74.fit-360w.png

Reward reinstated for missing woman

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, on Sept. 1, reinstated the $20,000 reward on Supervisor Kathryn Barger’s recommendation, for information on the suspicious disappearance of then-27-year-old Monique Figueroa.

Reward reinstated for missing woman
There were human remains found recently near Victorville. There hasn't been an ID yet. I couldn't help but think of Monique when I read it. It's not too far. I wish we would get some news.

Monique Figueroa told her family on May 19, 2015, that she was heading from her father’s home in Littlerock, California to visit friends in Los Angeles. Police recovered her 2004 Mercedes abandoned in a rural area outside Los Angeles several days later. Forensic tests were conducted, but no clues to Monique’s disappearance were uncovered. Several searches conducted over the past five years in relation to the case have not yielded anything significant. “I love my daughter; I would love her remains to be found and this case brought to a closure,” her father Jeff told Dateline in June 2016. Foul play has not been ruled out. Police told Dateline there are no recent updates in this case. If you have any information regarding Monique’s case, please call the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at (323) 890-5500.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

this was from the 6th year anniversary last year. the 7th is approaching.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back