OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Authenticity has to be verified as far as I know. If that's Gerlach's attempt, it shouldn't work. No one seems to be well aware of the last 3 days except us and Angenette Levy.

What a way to ring in the one year anniversary of the arrests.

What is the excuse for waiting until the 13th. Maybe a hail Mary to get a dismissal lIke FW got. But I sincerely hope not.

If he had enough to get a dismissal, why did he wait 5 months to present the evidence? JMO, he wants to throw some shade, but doesn't want anyone to look to closely at his witness - BD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m feeling confused. If this turns out to be incorrect info. Pls ask that it be deleted.
I have to go out this evening and can’t follow up until later. This relates to income.

GEORGE Wagner Jr. - that would be the father of George III and husband of Frederika, right?
Take a look at this. Pike County Ohio Farm subsidies. It’s a difficult site to navigate.
George Wagner Jr. is # 14. Info spans 24 yers

Farm Subsidies PikeCounty Ohio

EWG's Farm Subsidy Database

See #14

Click on name for details.

USDA subsidy information for George Wagner Jr
George Wagner Jr received payments totaling $683,898 from 1995 through 2019
Does this make sense?

Yes, people who own a lot of land are able to take advantage of these programs. He owned about 2,000 acres, so...

We're probably in for some more drama with this Bruce Dailey character, too. IIRC, he's the attorney who was disbarred in Texas before moving to Ohio to hang out his shingle. He probably admires that other shady Texas lawyer "Racehorse Haynes".

Richard Haynes (lawyer) - Wikipedia

If Dailey was disbarred in Texas of all places, how good is the "evidence" he has that will supposedly exonerate RN?

ETA: Here's a great example of how Haynes worked (from Wiki link above):

See, this is why you don't automatically believe anything a defense attorney says.

Alternative pleading

Alternative pleading - Wikipedia

Alternative pleading (or pleading in the alternative) is the legal term[1][2] in the law of the United States for a form of pleading that permits a party in a court action to argue multiple possibilities that may be mutually exclusive by making use of legal fiction.

A pleading in the alternative sets forth multiple claims or defenses either hypothetically or alternatively, such that if one of the claims or defenses are held invalid or insufficient, the other claims or defenses should still have to be answered.

I've seen references to Texas a few times.
Did the W4 ever have any known connections in Texas?

Looks like Judge Deering has overruled the State's request for a continuance. The trial will proceed on schedule.

1/15/2019JOURNAL ENTRY DENYING STATE OF OHIO'S MOTION TO CONTINUE -- IT IS ORDERED THAT THE STATE OF OHIO'S MOTION TO CONTINUE TRIAL IS OVERRULED AND DENIED COPIES FILED FAXED/EMAILED/DELIVERED TO ALL COUNSEL

https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eserv...bLPe8uf2AhIyKzQUQ8fyHhNAB*Ugq43YyAPIH7CSDbkWg

According to AC's filing Rita's attorney had dumped a couple hundred pages of arguments, etc. on them, so prosecution will spend today and the weekend going through that mess before the trial.

If it's anything like Gerlach's memorandum, it will be a lot of word salad. JMO.

ETA: Most of the state's objection about the RN's document dump has to do with Bruce Dailey, an attorney who allegedly represented Jake Wagner in his custody fight with Hanna Rhoden. RN's attorney is alleging that Bruce Dailey has a tranche of computerized documents that will "prove RN's innocence".

Prosecution has been asking for these documents for the last 5 months. Gerlach has withheld them until yesterday. That's a lot of documentation to go through just a few days before trial begins.

I wasn't aware that Jake Wagner had retained an attorney to get custody of S before the Rhoden Family Massacre. Of course, that information isn't made public. The official word in the news media (provided by JW) was that he didn't hire an attorney to get custody until after the murders.

Court docs: Suspect filed for custody of child at heart of Pike County investigation days after slayings

Can anyone help clear this up? Anyone recall information about Jake hiring an attorney to gain custody of HMR before the murders?

I only recall a GoFund me set up for the baby, but later JW comments that legal fees took up most of the donations. It was speculated at that point that he had obtained a lawyer prior to the murders. I'm only going on memory here, but 60k in legal fees things a bell. But I only remember speculation concerning when the lawyer was hired.

The way I see this, it may get RN off on the forgery charge, but it only bolsters the case against the W4. Why hire a lawyer if HR was so agreeable about the whole ordeal? And why create documents to give JW custody in the event of HW's death? BMWOT, hiring a lawyer screams resistance from HR concerning turning over custody. And if he was hired months before the murders, it's only more circumstantial evidence against the W4. I don't see this as a hit to the state's case at all.

Canepa alluded to a custody battle just after the arrests. Her reference is to the case JW brought after the murders. All we heard publicly was how JW and HMR had such a great relationship after their split and they had an amicable agreement on sharing custody of S.

Court docs: Suspect filed for custody of child at heart of Pike County investigation days after slayings

This statement from WLWT is very relevant:

Of course, that was the story being told repeatedly by JW and AW in the news media. Their PR skills were pretty good for a while, until they weren't.

Did JW have this attorney, Bruce Dailey, drawing up these documents and letting JW use them to threaten HMR? If so, he didn't file any of them with the court.

ETA: I wonder why Gerlach waited 5 months to subpoena records from Bruce Dailey? He brought up the evidence in court way back in June, but never did anything to get the evidence until 2 days before the trial was set to begin.

JMO, bc it helps his client, which he must do, but hurts the W4 big time!

• the timeline and evidence logs show the W's started planning the murders in January 2016.
  • W's allegedly forged guardianship documents 3 weeks before the murders
  • the documents were allegedly prepared by this Texas attorney BD
What did BD know and when did he know it? Is he the same attorney who handled JW's custody case after he murdered the Rhoden family? Did he suspect anything at all about JW's involvement in the murders? JMO, he should have suspected something after the rage-filled murders. If he had a lot of experience in family law, he would have some idea how angry JW was with his custody battle.

And oh how convenient to have a custody agreement notarized 3 weeks before the massacre that is in the event of death. Anyone especially a lawyer should at least question this immediately. IMO

I’m feeling confused. If this turns out to be incorrect info. Pls ask that it be deleted.
I have to go out this evening and can’t follow up until later. This relates to income.

GEORGE Wagner Jr. - that would be the father of George III and husband of Frederika, right?
Take a look at this. Pike County Ohio Farm subsidies. It’s a difficult site to navigate.
George Wagner Jr. is # 14. Info spans 24 yers

Farm Subsidies PikeCounty Ohio

EWG's Farm Subsidy Database

See #14

Click on name for details.

USDA subsidy information for George Wagner Jr
George Wagner Jr received payments totaling $683,898 from 1995 through 2019
Does this make sense?
DBM

Last edited:
GWWjr (the II, Fred's husband) received the government farm subsidies because he owned the land.

His son, Billy, AKA GWWIII didn't own any land (that I know of) so he can't apply for or receive farmland subsides. Billy's only (reportable) income appears to be from a SS Disability.

We have no idea what GWW III's (Billy) SS income stems from.

Apparently nothing physical related to that trigger finger or anything that would prevent him from participating in the theft of goods, twice. MOO, he should have been incarcerated way before this.

That news only came out to the public after the W's were arrested. Why would you pay an attorney to work out a "verbal shared custody arrangement" if the couple had such a friendly relationship? Still waiting to find out when JW picked up S before the murders. We've heard 2 versions of that story from JW.

I believe without a calendar of 2016, that they switched weekends because Hannah was due to deliver. I've heard the 15th is when Jake had S. He was to return her on the 22nd. This is the statement I remember but from whom or where, I can't recall.

And oh how convenient to have a custody agreement notarized 3 weeks before the massacre that is in the event of death. Anyone especially a lawyer should at least question this immediately. IMO

I say this only makes the state's case stronger against the W4. <modsnip of name change and derogatory term for BD>. And, while RN may get off on the forgery, I do have to ask, why the heck have RN notarize a doc if you've hired a lawyer? The lawyer is always the first choice to notarize a document, the lawyer who has no family ties. MOO, AC is going to make mince meat out of both of their reputations and she'll still probably get a conviction against RN.

Questions of note...
-If this attorney testifies that he'd already been retained by JW regarding custody, why didn't the attorney notarize the documents?
-If the attorney says, "HR didn't want to come in to sign," it will only make more suspicious the fact that RN notarized the docs.
-IMOO, legally, RN should not have been anywhere near those docs to start with, as she had a vested interest in the outcome...she's the paternal great-grandmother. (Especially when a lawyer had already been hired. AND any lawyer worth half his salt would have advised JW of that.)

Bruce Dailey is a notary. Why wouldn't he just notarize the documents?

No, he's an attorney, office in Waverly, OH. Attended South Texas College of Law in Houston.

Bruce R. Dailey - Lawyer in Waverly, Ohio (OH) Pike County - legaldirectories.com

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/45690-oh-bruce-dailey-44346.html

Or are you saying as an attorney he could have someone in his office notarize them? Seems he should have been able to pick up on the fishy stuff that was going on with these custody/guardianship documents.

Also odd that he apparently didn't cooperate with LE or prosecutors. He only replied to RN's defense attorney's subpoena.

The defense must be too "challenged" to realize how damning this is to the W4 case, or, perhaps RN has decided to save her own skin and let the chips fall.

Maybe Gerlach's going to blame the lawyer. And...RN has nothing to do with it. Haha. Not funny. But nothing would shock me right now (today).

Just a guess

No, he's an attorney, office in Waverly, OH. Attended South Texas College of Law in Houston.

Bruce R. Dailey - Lawyer in Waverly, Ohio (OH) Pike County - legaldirectories.com

https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/45690-oh-bruce-dailey-44346.html

Or are you saying as an attorney he could have someone in his office notarize them? Seems he should have been able to pick up on the fishy stuff that was going on with these custody/guardianship documents.

Also odd that he apparently didn't cooperate with LE or prosecutors. He only replied to RN's defense attorney's subpoena.

All attorneys are able to notarize, and are able to witness signatures on greater complexities of docs than can notaries. Notaries are there to pick up the slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici