PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new to this thread but I wanted to chime in. Regarding the dog, I think saying the wanted the size is BS. At your local Walmart there are two sizes of those. I wouldn’t hesitate to get one for a larger dog as I would consider it just extra safety. Even the small one of those is strong enough to hag two kids, probably even an adult. I think they want either see if there was a dog, or see the health of the dog (as others have mentioned). Regarding the chairs, I think a four year old little sister looks up to her big brother and wants to do the cool things he does. I think he could have told her to jump, and she would have, with him. I’m not saying I think that happened, but I think it easily could. The chair would get knocked over on the swing back.

I would like to know if there was a ladder or any other way the brother could reach the rafters to wrap the cable. Could he reach them with the dining chairs?

Welcome Podengo! Thank you for your thoughts. I bolded your last sentence. These questions are absolutely critical questions to understand what happened and whether it's feasible that Conner was able to do this physically. If he wasn't, then I'm not sure why it's taking so long to file charges (although really it hasn't been that long I suppose), so I'm guessing that there might have been some ambiguity. Personally of course, I don't believe it for a second.

If you can't visualize it, here is my take on it (sorry, putting this behind a spolier)
2Qtl8Nu.png
This sketch portrays exactly how I envisioned how these two children were hung.

Reading another case brought me here, unfortunately. This case is beyond horrific. I have an opinion what had to have happened and why it happened how it did. It seems obvious to me.

(Nothing new, has already been discussed, and I just hope enough evidence is there.)

Thinking of these 2 innocent victims. Sweet babies.

And of LE in this case. They have it tough.

Reading another case brought me here, unfortunately. This case is beyond horrific. I have an opinion what had to have happened and why it happened how it did. It seems obvious to me.

(Nothing new, has already been discussed, and I just hope enough evidence is there.)

Thinking of these 2 innocent victims. Sweet babies.

And of LE in this case. They have it tough.
BBM It really is horrific. What’s your opinion on why and what happened? IMO I don’t think the 8 yr old son did this.

Sorry if this opinion has been presented at length - tried to catch up ..

factual. 911 call - LS conveys her son has been bullied and doesn’t want to go alone

factual. Encased wire beam wrapped strategically around a beam to hang two children successfully from chairs

This is being presented by Lisa Snyder as a murder/suicide perpetrated by her 8 year old son.

I was previously a crisis interventionist at an inpatient Adolescent (10-19) drug rehab program. I’ve seen some stuff and much complexity and self harm and suicidal ideation in young children. I am by NO MEANS an expert- but I’ve not encountered a homicidal 8 year old. Gives me pause- not complete dismissal . Going on facts- this would be unprecedented. And much inquiry would be needed at face value.

@downwardspiral Thank you for sharing, you articulated well something that has not made sense to me. Certainly an 8 year old that disturbed would have been on the radar as in crisis at school or in other areas of his life. Symptoms, behaviors, signs that this child was disturbed prior to murder suicide.

And if there is something that evil on the Internet to influence a murder- suicide available to an 8 year old online, we have to do much better as a society to protect children and prevent it from happening ever again.

I was previously a crisis interventionist at an inpatient Adolescent (10-19) drug rehab program. I’ve seen some stuff and much complexity and self harm and suicidal ideation in young children. I am by NO MEANS an expert- but I’ve not encountered a homicidal 8 year old. Gives me pause- not complete dismissal . Going on facts- this would be unprecedented. And much inquiry would be needed at face value.

Yes, plus - he was EIGHT. Don't these things need time to build up a head of steam before your breaking point?? How much bullying does an eight-year-old normally encounter? I suppose it could be older kids not in his grade but, aged eight... that doesn't sit right with me. Too young for a lot of the conditions that spark rivalries, too young for dealing with out-of-control testosterone, etc.; I wouldn't say "never", but an eight-year-old is next door to a baby, and has barely had time to form opinions about what happens in their day-to-day. Three years ago, that was kindergarten.

Yes, plus - he was EIGHT. Don't these things need time to build up a head of steam before your breaking point?? How much bullying does an eight-year-old normally encounter? I suppose it could be older kids not in his grade but, aged eight... that doesn't sit right with me. Too young for a lot of the conditions that spark rivalries, too young for dealing with out-of-control testosterone, etc.; I wouldn't say "never", but an eight-year-old is next door to a baby, and has barely had time to form opinions about what happens in their day-to-day. Three years ago, that was kindergarten.

My issue is the complexity in the ideation, if we are to believe as mom has presented. He’s talked of suicide before AND doesn’t want to go alone. Not only has 8 year old decided to go to heaven- he’s decided to bring his sister. In my opinion, There would have had to have been someone providing this narrative and repeating it. I would expect not only exposure to this idea but persuasive talk encouraging it. Every way I try to give the benefit of the doubt in this case I hit a wall- fast.

How much bullying does an eight-year-old normally encounter?

As a parent, I would say an 8-year-old could feel and be very bullied by peers. It starts very early. I have seen group- teasing and excluding much earlier and even know a younger child attacked at school. BUT that said, I don't believe for a millisecond that this 8-year-old Conner did this. I also don't think for a millisecond it was an accident while playing.

As a parent, I would say an 8-year-old could feel and be very bullied by peers. It starts very early. I have seen group- teasing and excluding much earlier and even know a younger child attacked at school. BUT that said, I don't believe for a millisecond that this 8-year-old Conner did this. I also don't think for a millisecond it was an accident while playing.
Absolutely agree.

Agree, when my now 8 year old started Kindergarten, he was being bullied by another kindergartner in his class from the start. On the 7th day of school, they called and said I needed to come get him, that the bully had beaten him up. I had to take him to the ER, he had a concussion, black eye, busted lip, and was absolutely terrified to go back to school. His younger brother started kindergarten this year and is being bullied by a kid in his class and comes home crying. I'm trying to work with the school, but it's incredibly frustrating to get help.

Agree, when my now 8 year old started Kindergarten, he was being bullied by another kindergartner in his class from the start. On the 7th day of school, they called and said I needed to come get him, that the bully had beaten him up. I had to take him to the ER, he had a concussion, black eye, busted lip, and was absolutely terrified to go back to school. His younger brother started kindergarten this year and is being bullied by a kid in his class and comes home crying. I'm trying to work with the school, but it's incredibly frustrating to get help.
Oh my goodness- my heart. That’s just awful

I don't want to say at this time, until more is said by LE.
I understand but just thought I would ask. Thanks. :)

Even entertaining the thought that an 8-year-old could think of this AND be successful is preposterous to me.
I mean, was this kid gifted? Interested in engineering? Always "rigging things up?"
BBM I completely agree!

I'm so sorry to hear this. That's horrible! It makes me so sad. :( I just don't understand how kids can be so mean to other kids. I'm so sorry you and your kids are going through this. As you know, it's devastating as a parent to watch your kids go through this torment. I've posted this before, my son was bullied in middle school for being gay. The girls all like him, he's very handsome and hadn't even "come out" yet. We moved him to a different middle school for 7th and 8th grade where he seemed much happier. He later told me he intentionally dated girls and had a girlfriend just so nobody would find out at the new middle school. I didn't know about any of this until he was a senior in HS. It broke my heart and still breaks my heart to this day. I hate bullies! MOO

It's time to start sueing left and right. Saying mean things is not acceptable, but beating a little kid like that? No way, José. I would be throwing these hands at someone. I hope your kids have friends that are kind to them and make them feel good. School shouldn't be a place where kids get beat up.

I remember being REALLY upset about some little girls being mean in elementary school, and we were best friends and were for a long time after that one incident. But this level of bullying had to be noticed. If it really happened, that is.

I went through a time in elementary school (more towards 4th and 5th grade) when the girls were so cruel to me that I used to cry before school and beg my parents to send me to private school. This carried right over to middle school as well. Kids can be CRUEL. That being said, I don’t think Conner took his own life or his sisters life. But bullying is real, even at such a young age.

I remember my childhood for the most part. I remember I wasn't bullied until (at the time middle school was 7th to 9th) 7th grade on to hs periodically. It was so dumb. This was 1997 til 2002. About a boy. Called all kinds of names. I was a virgin. I was scared. I was terrified to go to school because I know I'd have to face my accusers that called me all these ungodly names. Also to eat a cheeseburger constantly. I never once thought to kill myself or try to get my brother to do it with me. I do not understand the logic in the Moms claims. I know times are much different in this day and age... but I do not for one second believe this 8 year old conjured this up on his own. He did not do this and I hope that LE nails her coffin shut. What grieving mother sells her children's belongings soon after their untimely death? What mother scours social media to see what people are saying about her and commenting under an alias trying to make herself look like mother of the year? What mother doesn't hold her babies to the highest power and and handle the bullying, if that's what was really occurring? I DO NOT BUY IT. MY MOM WOULD HAVE BURIED THE WHOLE SCHOOL AND EVERY HUMAN IN HER WAY TO SEEK JUSTICE FOR ME! That's what a mother does.

Sorry for ranting. This hurts my heart. I pray they prove the child didn't do this. It is too great to bear. Her guilt will not bring them back but I pray she suffers greatly. I hope they know how we all rallied for them and love them. These babies deserved better. Their mother failed them. All the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios