Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find frustrating is the gag order. It would be more understandable to me if Aniah had been found. But she’s still out there somewhere. And the more media coverage the better to try to find. Especially IF she is still alive. But even if she isn’t it’s important to keep the case in the forefront. The media is the biggest resource you can have in a missing person case. So I find it surprising that a judge would sign off on this so early.

The gag order has no effect on searching for Aniah. And this case won't go away. There will be a trial. They have an arrest. It has become a different focus now.
You don't understand why it's necessary apparently. The gag order prevents lawyers and witnesses from discussing details with the media. LE can and will continue to search as long as they have leads. They have evidence that strongly suggests that Aniah did not survive. The best thing they can do for her now is to use safeguards to protect evidence and witnesses so that the perp can be successfully prosecuted.

The gag order is a good thing.

I’m bringing these forward because I really would like someone that understands to explain.

It appears to me he was on probation in Florida. I don’t know for sure. If he was on our probation would his arrest this year not been a violation?

Or was this case dropped? If not, will this case impact what is tried first?

So I would love a legal expert to weigh in for me.

I’ve found another arrest for Yazeed that I think has gone unmentioned. If you look closely at the jail roster you can see a familiar name right after his that was possibly arrested at same time. This would be the name we’ve referenced before in regards to his bond. Additionally, a female following that. These two may possibly been with him at time of arrest.

This arrest is from June 2017 in Madison County, FL for flee and eluding and drug paraphernalia. To me, it appears he bonded out and failed to appear and bond revoked. What I can’t tell is what happened after that. Was the case dismissed, dropped, warrant?

Link for roster. http://www.madisonfl.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/jail3.pdf

I then looked on the county court for Yazeed’s name and found a traffic citation record which is attached.
https://www.civitekflorida.com/ocrs/county/40/

Then looked in the state search and found the bail bond estreature which is attached as well. Official Records - Search Records
https://www.myfloridacounty.com/ori/image.do?instrumentNumber=201740003774

I found additional records for his Florida arrest in June 2017. The date is off by 10 days so I’m not sure if this is separate or same.

I hope someone can explain to me.

Supervised Population Information Detail

It also lists an address for him in Montgomery of
326 CULLMAN ST
MONTGOMERY, AL 36104
Google Maps

And a mugshot we’ve not seen before. View attachment 215446

So far we know he committed crimes in Florida, Alabama, Kansas and was arrested in Missouri. Why has he been in so many locations?

The gag order has no effect on searching for Aniah. And this case won't go away. There will be a trial. They have an arrest. It has become a different focus now.
You don't understand why it's necessary apparently. The gag order prevents lawyers and witnesses from discussing details with the media. LE can and will continue to search as long as they have leads. They have evidence that strongly suggests that Aniah did not survive. The best thing they can do for her now is to use safeguards to protect evidence and witnesses so that the perp can be successfully prosecuted.

The gag order is a good thing.

I understand why gag orders are put in place. I just find it frustrating that it happened so soon after his arrest. The media will report on new information in a case. And the lack of new materials means the lack of articles written. The lack of press conferences mean the lack of public awareness. I have complete confidence that LE are working hard and diligently to continue to find evidence, witnesses and Aniah. I have a daughter in Auburn and I know for a fact that the chances of finding her alive are slim. But as a parent I know that I would want to hold on to even the smallest bit of hope, no matter how slim. And I would hate to be silenced for the benefit of the accused and at a cost to my child.

The gag order in this case, at this point, makes me livid and feels to me like a complete miscarriage of justice. Aniah Blanchard and her family have been horrifically victimized (most likely) BECAUSE our justice system allowed a violent offender to roam our streets with little or no supervision and accountability. Imagine what kind of data a simple ankle monitor would have given LE in this case at the very least. Then, within what I would argue is a critical time frame where public information could be THE crucial element to finding her dead or alive our justice system strikes again and serves to stymie leads and tips. They (the prosecution) better have One HELL of a case against him because how many murderers are prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to the FULL extent of law without a body. As days pass with her most powerful advocates (her parents) silenced there is no doubt DNA and other evidence of what really happened that night is disappearing with time or exposure to the elements. I understand that they want to protect the case but they've already failed to protect Aniah once and honestly, if LE really had enough evidence to lock this thing down they would have charged him with murder already. Since they haven't done that they should proceed as if she's still alive (because she may very well be) and garner as much media and public attention as possible.

I’m bringing these forward because I really would like someone that understands to explain.

It appears to me he was on probation in Florida. I don’t know for sure. If he was on our probation would his arrest this year not been a violation?

Or was this case dropped? If not, will this case impact what is tried first?

I don't know if this helps to answer any of your questions, but it seems that 18 months could be the 'most given' period of felony probation - 18 months felony probation is also the minimum.

Misdemeanor probation is 6 months to one year.

So this latest arrest could have fallen outside his probation period.

The typical felony probation sentence is at least 18 months in length.
The maximum probation sentence for a misdemeanor crime is usually one year. For some offenses it is only six months.
Understanding Probation: What It Is and How it Works - CriminalLawyer.com

The gag order in this case, at this point, makes me livid and feels to me like a complete miscarriage of justice. Aniah Blanchard and her family have been horrifically victimized (most likely) BECAUSE our justice system allowed a violent offender to roam our streets with little or no supervision and accountability. Imagine what kind of data a simple ankle monitor would have given LE in this case at the very least. Then, within what I would argue is a critical time frame where public information could be THE crucial element to finding her dead or alive our justice system strikes again and serves to stymie leads and tips. They (the prosecution) better have One HELL of a case against him because how many murderers are prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to the FULL extent of law without a body. As days pass with her most powerful advocates (her parents) silenced there is no doubt DNA and other evidence of what really happened that night is disappearing with time or exposure to the elements. I understand that they want to protect the case but they've already failed to protect Aniah once and honestly, if LE really had enough evidence to lock this thing down they would have charged him with murder already. Since they haven't done that they should proceed as if she's still alive (because she may very well be) and garner as much media and public attention as possible.

As well as possibly inhibiting tips about Aniah and/or Yazeed due to little ongoing press and little ongoing public attention, lawyers will argue that gag orders can violate the First Amendment free speech rights and the public's right to know.

The flip side of that coin - they say - is that informers may come forward if they feel comfortable that their information is not going to be published.

"But when judges are making these orders, they must balance that goal with the First Amendment free speech rights of the people being silenced, as well as the media’s right to report on cases and the public’s right to information."
Gag Orders: Balancing Free Speech and Fair Trials

Last edited:
I don't know if this helps to answer any of your questions, but it seems that 18 months could be the 'most given' period of felony probation - 18 months felony probation is also the minimum.

Misdemeanor probation is 6 months to one year.

So this latest arrest could have fallen outside his probation period.

The typical felony probation sentence is at least 18 months in length.
The maximum probation sentence for a misdemeanor crime is usually one year. For some offenses it is only six months.
Understanding Probation: What It Is and How it Works - CriminalLawyer.com
Ok , thank you. Can you tell me how this part relates?

it won’t link right but basically it’s 5 years community supervision which I assume means probation?

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
06/07/2017 FLEE LEO/NO REGARD 06/14/2018 MADISON 1700212 5Y 0M 0D

Hello everyone...I'm new to this..although I peek on this site from time to time...and I haven't finished going through this thread yet but what if the gag order was put on this case because he is a link to a much bigger case...which could explain why he was let out on bail on the previous charges....if he is involved in human trafficking this story is that much more deeper because there are plenty more players involved......imo gag order could mean they are going for bigger fish moo

Ok , thank you. Can you tell me how this part relates?

it won’t link right but basically it’s 5 years community supervision which I assume means probation?

Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
06/07/2017 FLEE LEO/NO REGARD 06/14/2018 MADISON 1700212 5Y 0M 0D

Ooh yes ... looks like he was put on probation for a felony max time of 5 years!

Hello everyone...I'm new to this..although I peek on this site from time to time...and I haven't finished going through this thread yet but what if the gag order was put on this case because he is a link to a much bigger case...which could explain why he was let out on bail on the previous charges....if he is involved in human trafficking this story is that much more deeper because there are plenty more players involved......imo gag order could mean they are going for bigger fish moo

The gag order has nothing to do with anything like that. In high profile cases a gag order is very common.
Aniah's kidnapping has gotten national attention so the judge wanted to protect the integrity of the case.

Aniah Blanchard's family still hears the voice and laughter of their 'baby girl'

They hang at Shades Cahaba Elementary School too, where Aniah Blanchard stretched then outgrew her sneakers, and at Homewood Middle where she cheered for the Patriots before ditching her pompoms for a softball bat at Homewood High.
[.....]
Born only 17 months apart, their parents say the two are as inseparable as twins. When Aniah’s brother went off to Auburn a year ahead of her, it was only natural that she would follow.
[.....]
At about 16, she got her first on-the-books job, working shifts at Urban Cookhouse all the way up until the very last day that she left for college. So, on the morning of Oct. 24, when she never picked up the children she was babysitting, it was a red flag. In fact, it was completely out of character.

Nothing has been the same since then.
[.....]

I understand why gag orders are put in place. I just find it frustrating that it happened so soon after his arrest. The media will report on new information in a case. And the lack of new materials means the lack of articles written. The lack of press conferences mean the lack of public awareness. I have complete confidence that LE are working hard and diligently to continue to find evidence, witnesses and Aniah. I have a daughter in Auburn and I know for a fact that the chances of finding her alive are slim. But as a parent I know that I would want to hold on to even the smallest bit of hope, no matter how slim. And I would hate to be silenced for the benefit of the accused and at a cost to my child.

It's not solely for the benefit of the accused. Why on earth would you think that?

It is for the benefit of Aniah and her family as well. Her loved ones are in too much pain right now to see that.

There has been plenty of media exposure for this case on a national level. At this point there is nothing to be gained from telling the public any more details. And there could be plenty of damage done to the case.

As well as possibly inhibiting tips about Aniah and/or Yazeed due to little ongoing press and little ongoing public attention, lawyers will argue that gag orders can violate the First Amendment free speech rights and the public's right to know.

The flip side of that coin - they say - is that informers may come forward if they feel comfortable that their information is not going to be published.

"But when judges are making these orders, they must balance that goal with the First Amendment free speech rights of the people being silenced, as well as the media’s right to report on cases and the public’s right to information."
Gag Orders: Balancing Free Speech and Fair Trials

The public will be informed when the case goes to trial.

And if LE needs tips they can still ask for them.

So my question is, he had to be out of compliance, you would think BEFORE this arrest (AB) so would there be a warrant? And why has this drug charge not been in the papers or news?

When I read up on police informants in the US, it seems that they can be protected (and rewarded) by the police and by the prosecution.
And when it comes to the courts there is no judicial assistance. The court may take a prosecutor's recommendation for a sentence of a certain duration, but it seems that is about it.

This article also says that there a many, many police informants out there - and the numbers are growing - particularly with drug charges. People peddle their 'snitching' information for reduced charges.

Secret Justice: Criminal Informants and America’s Underground Legal System | Prison Legal News

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member