TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless an arrest has been made, I doubt the Pc will give us much info. Maybe just recap the scenario and talk about the search. I can’t recall too many press conferences where police satisfied our curiosity and concerns about things unless an arrest has been made. But hope to be wrong...

When I first started reading about this case, I read (some place?) that HB and SC had been off and on for seven years and were currently off again.

I feel that there is a lot of backstory and not a good backstory. I also feel that this current story isn't going to end well, and a person close to home is going to be responsible. I sure hope that I am wrong. If I'm not, I sure hope that justice is swift for HB and the baby's sake.

JMO.

If they were currently "off" though, why'd he wake up next to her, in her apartment? By his description of their morning, it didn't sound like they were currently "off."

Apologies if asked before, but does anyone know link for PC?
TIA
DEC 17, 2019
APD to provide update on missing mom, infant at 1 p.m. Tuesday; FBI assisting investigation
[…]

The FBI has confirmed they are assisting in the investigation.

APD issued a statement on Monday that read in part:

The disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey is still a very active and ongoing investigation. We continue to ask for the public’s assistance in locating Heidi and Margot. If anyone sees them or knows of their whereabouts, please call 9-1-1 immediately. We will provide updates as they become available.

The briefing time for the news conference is at 1 p.m. at APD Headquarters, 715 East 8th St.
----------

not sure if this will carry a link or not - here is her media thread - should contain some local links to news
TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019*MEDIA, MAPS,TIMELINE-NO DISCUSSION

I rewatched the video of him outside the apartment. A couple of things stood out to me.

1. He describes his son --- who is accounted for -- more than he did his missing girlfriend and baby. Why is that?
2. Not answering the cell phone. WTF? Would you intentionally not answer your phone when your loved ones are missing?
3. The gap in time line.
4. edit out for now.
5. The comments about looking for her keys in the dumpster. Did anyone hear screaming? Huh? Why is that your first question?
6. The 'she was a great mom' comment.

IMHO, MOO

And why would he be paying child support if they lived together

I think a lot of that depends on the nature of their relationship. IF they were off/on again (and I'm going to call that as being the case based on her FB engagement ring photo from 2012, a photo in 2017 with NO ring and him being there that Thursday AM she went missing), it would be smart of her to try to do what she needed to do to take care of her children. Based on the sheer number of photos of her with her kids, they seem like they were a priority for her. I HOPE she was doing something to protect them financially.

Maybe he called to see if he needed to be picked up?Maybe he assumed she had the son when she didn't answer? Why is that abnormal? Most fathers I know have very little idea of where kids are supposed to be and when they are supposed to be there.
My husband would have no idea the kids were left at school - even if the car was home. He would probably assume I went with my sister or my mother somewhere and took the kids. I find it strange so many people assume that he should have jumped to the worst scenario.... I saw in an interview he did that the school called him at 2 to go and get his son- if that is the case then he had 10 or 15 minutes to commit this crime and get his son according to the timeline he gives. I'm sure police have checked alibis by now. I've also read he has an air tight alibi. I know here police won't even take a missing person's report (unless it is a child) for several hours.... maybe he did call and the police told him to call back if she didn't arrive home by a certain time with the baby? They may have only accepted a report so soon because of the baby..... I understand he behaves awkwardly, but so does my husband and I think my husband would appear guilty (horrible anxiety issues) even if he was not. What a terrible thing to have to see comments like these on here if you are living through this nightmare and you are completely innocent.
I know it is easy to become jaded by tragedies like these, but there still is a presumption of innocence deserved.

Not sure about your comment that you saw and interview that the school called him at 2 pm. That has never been documented on this thread that I have seen. It may be a comment that was done by a poster that got legs?

Do you have a link, or anyone else, for such?

Not sure about your comment that you saw and interview that the school called him at 2 pm. That has never been documented on this thread that I have seen. It may be a comment that was done by a poster that got legs?

Do you have a link, or anyone else, for such?

The school called him at 6 and told him, his son had not been picked up from after school care

Last edited:
I have a few questions, and I'm not sure anyone knows the answer...

When did SC notice that the car was unlocked and her purse was in it? Was it at 2pm? or was it at 6pm when he went to pick up the son?

I'm not ready to jump all over SC for not being concerned right away, but knowing some of this info would help. If he noticed at 2pm, he should have been concerned right away. If it wasn't noticed until 6pm or later when he left to pick up the son, then it makes a bit more sense to me.

Why is the FBI involved? In what scenario do they get involved so early in a case? Is it a multiple state thing? Is it a Mexico thing? I have followed quite a few missing persons cases, maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't recall the FBI getting involved within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01