TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when you meet your friends baby and you say "omg I could just steal you"... because they are just too damn cute. This is absolutely horrendous. A lifetime friend too.

Poor baby Margo, can you even begin to imagine the weight she will carry in life.

My heart goes out to all those involved in the direct families. I do sincerely hope that her parents, his parents and him come together after this. I hope that there wasn't damage to their relationships due to suspicions any may have had.... but I'm sooooooooooooooo glad that LE has IMMEDIATELY come out and said that he was not involved. So many times that is lingering in these cases.

Was she ever pregnant? The items do look like boy things. Having a baby registry for a fictional baby. Can you imagine buying a gift for this baby, helping feed her delusion. ( At no fault of thier own)
From what I have read she was pretending to be pregnant: it was a plot and a plan: she did not have a delusion that she was pregnant which would be pseudocyesis- My dear departed mother had that delusion and I am familiar with it. This killing was cold blooded and allegedly planned by a woman who wanted that baby -

My heart goes out to all those involved in the direct families. I do sincerely hope that her parents, his parents and him come together after this. I hope that there wasn't damage to their relationships due to suspicions any may have had.... but I'm sooooooooooooooo glad that LE has IMMEDIATELY come out and said that he was not involved. So many times that is lingering in these cases.

It would have leaked by now if he was in custody.

Blaming for speculation of what the average occurance is in most crimes (look at those closest and unfortunately male against female crime stats) is unfair especially in a forum open to any and all scenarios. I myself went the gamete of possible baby kidnapping, double kidnapping, double murder because this forum allows brainstorming in the area of sleuthing without prejudice. It could have easily gone the other direction.

I think the problem is the delivery of some of the comments, not the speculations itself. And some pretty disgusting accusations having no basis.
It's can be easy to get carried away when we're brainstorming. There have been personal attacks, rather than just sticking to generalities and actual information. There were some completely outrageous comments that were outright slander aside from being morally wrong to say them - they could have been legally actionable. They were based on nothing but a warped mind and couched under the "I was just giving my opinion" baloney. Whew - I took a screenshot of one because it was so bizarre. Elon Musk was sued and went to court for referring to someone as pedoguy on Twitter. He won, but...

Gotta love that Report button and mods who act quickly with removal.

I think the date the fake registry was created will give us a timeline for how long she has been planning this crime.

I’ll bet she lured Heidi to her house to come visit HER new baby boy.

But if it was months in advance, why did she still have the body a week later, in the most obvious of places?

Maybe we’ll find out more about the relationship between these two women. I would have thought something “off” about Magan would have been apparent to someone who has known her for 20 years.

Last edited:
This is tragic, and also the kind of crime that scares me the most. I'm sure we all assume that the people who we've had long term, significant friendships with are safe and trustworthy and wouldn't do anything like this, but how do you ever really know? It's a terrifying thought.

Exactly my thoughts. Him crying or not crying, looking down, etc., was not an issue for me - it was the gaps in his timeline and inconsistencies in his story. I still don't really know how to explain them, but obviously, it did not mean what it usually means, and it's another data point. I did keep the possibility of someone wanting a baby a close second, and was actually starting to become suspicious of the friend she allegedly visited within the apartment as perhaps being involved.

But enough of that, at the end of the day this lovely woman, loving mom, beloved daughter and friend, is gone, and it's a horrible evil thing and an unbelievable betrayal. Praying for whatever healing and comfort her family and loved ones can take from Baby Margo being alive and well.
I agree...
I had said earlier that I couldn't take kidnapping out of the equation, and yes I expected foul play.

There could be a number of reasons why our red flags went off. Yes, I was worried SC did something to her. He said it was a normal day-yet it wasn't
Tammy had left and this was HB's first day on her own. I need to wait to see how this plays out.

I wish Tammy hadn't left. But, then she couldn't stay for eternity......

This happened back in 2016. Posted to serve as example.

Yesenia Sesmas, 36, an illegal immigrant who was living in Dallas at the time, drove to Wichita, Kan. to shoot 27-year-old Laura Abarca on Nov. 17, 2016, and kidnap 6-day-old Sophia Gonzales. The baby was found safe two days later in Sesmas' Dallas apartment and was returned to relatives.

Jurors deliberated for less than three hours on Tuesday and found Sesmas guilty of first-degree premeditated and intentional murder, kidnapping and interference with parental custody.

“We really wanted to go through this trial and have justice. And I think that happened today,” Jose Abarca, the victim’s older brother, told the Wichita Eagle.

During the trial, prosecutors said that Sesmas faked a pregnancy for months after suffering a miscarriage and, when she found out Abarca had given birth, drove to Wichita to kill her and take the baby. The two women had worked together at a Wichita restaurant years earlier.

During the six-day trial, prosecutors focused on the 36-year-old's intentions, including how during the faking of her pregnancy Sesmas prepared for a new baby. Sesmas even had a baby shower and had reached a point where she "was either going to have to come home with a baby" or explain her lies to those who knew her, according to the Eagle.

"When she walked into that apartment on Nov. 17, 2016, there were only two ways for this to end," Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett said. Sesmas went back to Texas thinking "she would wake up and raise that baby and her life would begin," he said.
Illegal immigrant found guilty of killing Kansas mom, kidnapping her 6-day old baby

For those who watch Lifetime Movies, there have been at least a couple that I can recall in the last year, where someone was either faking a pregnancy completely, or somehow intending to steal the baby of a friend/acquaintance who was currently pregnant.

It depends on what was done where. Both could have jurisdiction of different things. Like kidnapping in one state and murder in the other. But if the kidnapping was part of a plan to eventual murder I’m thinking the first state could have jurisdiction over both. But I’m not 100%.

I think we dealt with this in a few cases and one recently IIRC showed each state was responsible for the specific crime in their state.

What’s the latest on this case?

Any info on how she was taken?
Where the baby is now?
Condition of Margot/Margo?
Why no one smelled anything from her trunk?
Who called CPS and why?
How poor Heidi was murdered?
How no one saw anything?

Presser is coming up in 90 minutes (2 pm Austin time, 3 pm eastern) and hopefully your questions will have some answers.

ETA - The home of the abducted is in Texas, and the home of where the body was found was in Austin. Sorry @gitana1, I should have given you background

Last edited:
SC's reference to two beautiful women makes sense now. He probably wasn't referring to baby Margo as a woman, but Heidi's friend she was with as a woman. Remember from the very start He said he thought she was with a friend from their apartment complex? Hence him saying he doesn't know who would want to hurt two beautiful women.
MOO

SC's reference to two beautiful women makes sense now. He probably wasn't referring to baby Margo as a woman, but Heidi's friend she was with as a woman. Remember from the very start He said he thought she was with a friend from their apartment complex? Hence him saying he doesn't know who would want to hurt two beautiful women.
MOO
I was just thinking the very same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat