Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies
October 23 - last memorial service for Tammy Daybell
At some point here Chad remarries to Lori Vallow
November 27 - Chad and Lori Daybell are "whereabouts unknown".

I truly feel for Tammy and Chad's children. In barely 2 months they've lost their mother, their father disappears the day before Thanksgiving, their mother has been exhumed, and now Christmas has passed. That has got to be traumatic on several levels of trauma.

Tammy had a glowing obituary. There was some time, thought, and love put into that.

Does anyone have an actual date for Chad and Lori getting married?

Random thoughts. All JMO

I just can't see the Daybell siblings just accepting this whole big mess? One of them, the youngest one, is on his LDS Mission outside of the US, during which his mother passes away, his father gets married again a few weeks later and then, all of a sudden, goes on the run with his new wife because two kids are mysteriously missing. Not only doesn't that son come back from his mission, none of the other Daybell siblings say a word about this whole thing. Is this normal?
I understand being private, I understand being scared, confused and ashamed. But not saying anything about a father they have known their whole lives and with whom, apparently, had a close, good relationship?
Everything regarding Chad and his children, makes me suspect that his children didn't follow him up on this end of the World path. Also, I have a feeling that poor Tammy wasn't too willing on joining his cult, or whatever that is. By Chad's own words, she didn't want to move to Rexburg. Do we know if Tammy participated in any of his podcasts, talks, and whatever else he was doing? Or was she just along for the ride because he was her husband?

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We are working to get people verified as soon as possible.

Let me add to what Colorado303 said and thank @Gardener1850 and the other members for all of their hard work. On this discussion and all over Websleuths.

We couldn't do it without you :)
Tricia
@Tricia - are the gray hughes videos ok to post in the media thread I set up for them? ETA or any mod - thanks

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We are working to get people verified as soon as possible.

Let me add to what Colorado303 said and thank @Gardener1850 and the other members for all of their hard work. On this discussion and all over Websleuths.

We couldn't do it without you :)
Tricia

Thanks, Tricia. Just when I think I'm going to dial back my Websleuthing, a case like this comes along... I couldn't stop myself from sleuthing Lori and Chad and trying to find as much info on them as possible with the hope some piece of info might help find these children.
@diggndeeperstill deserves credit also for finding info early on in this case. :)

I hope this somehow has a happy ending with the kids being found alive but the more time that goes by the less likely that seems. :(

Actually, according to the website, parents really don't have to do much at all.
Idaho State Department of Education (SDE)

yeah this was my understanding as well, which is why I asked where the person heard that they needed to do all of that stuff. It seems there is not much oversight in this country where homeschooling is concerned. The poster I was quoting and replying to said that the student has to have end of year testing or a teacher eval submitted to the superintendent and that just isn’t true at all.

Maybe they are waiting for the earthquake to happen first. The same earthquake Chad says has to happen before he’ll release his (already written) autobiography.
Hopefully the “earthquake” will be that moment when the ground shakes as the Feds burst into whatever cave these people are holed up in and rescue the two innocent children who didn’t ask for any of this.

Also dead, the previous wife of one of her ex-husbands. A woman he was married to shortly before marrying Lori. Which makes two dead wives of her future husbands plus two dead ex husbands plus a dead brother and two missing kids. Did I miss anybody?
FFS I missed the dead wife of Lori’s future husband. Who was she married to?

'She was 100% into the end of times': Friend recalls friendship with mother of missing kids (video)

We're hearing from a former friend of Lori's, who is remaining anonymous, about her infatuation with her new husband's beliefs. She witnessed Lori become obsessed with Chad's books, she said.

[...]

"She would fly her daughter's friend from Arizona to come see her just so that she would have a better week. I mean she's like mother of the year here," she remembered.

[...]

"She was 100% into the end of times, the end of the world and she would tell me no you really gotta start preparing for the end of the world. You gotta start getting your stuff together. She would order stuff all the time she would tell me I needed to read all these books," her friend said.

The books written by Chad were specifically a fictional series called "Standing in Holy Places." Her friend said, "Those books she got really obsessed with and she started buying me those books too. She must have gotten close to him from his books."

I just can't see the Daybell siblings just accepting this whole big mess? One of them, the youngest one, is on his LDS Mission outside of the US, during which his mother passes away, his father gets married again a few weeks later and then, all of a sudden, goes on the run with his new wife because two kids are mysteriously missing. Not only doesn't that son come back from his mission, none of the other Daybell siblings say a word about this whole thing. Is this normal?
I understand being private, I understand being scared, confused and ashamed. But not saying anything about a father they have known their whole lives and with whom, apparently, had a close, good relationship?
Everything regarding Chad and his children, makes me suspect that his children didn't follow him up on this end of the World path. Also, I have a feeling that poor Tammy wasn't too willing on joining his cult, or whatever that is. By Chad's own words, she didn't want to move to Rexburg. Do we know if Tammy participated in any of his podcasts, talks, and whatever else he was doing? Or was she just along for the ride because he was her husband?

There may be others with opinions that have more credibility than mine (recently active LDS) but IMO, the youngest sibling not coming back from his mission is not at all out of the norm. I won't say that deaths in the family never result in a missionary coming home, but if they do that is outside of the norm unless the norm has changed a lot in recent times.

The other kids who are around are, IMO, trying to figure out what is going on too. At least a couple have supported Chad, acting like there is more to the story than has come out, but then going quiet and deleting FB comments when they get called on it. My opinion (total supposition on my part) is that they don't know what is going on, but think (or thought) they knew their dad and what he would or wouldn't do.

Tammy was definitely involved in running the small publisher that published Chad's books as well as those of a handful of other authors. But I don't think that was as obviously part of what you're calling the "end of world path" as podcasts and other things he was involved in.

This is not the same video as above. It is a NEW one that is 2 hours and 30 minutes long.
View attachment 222325 adds Stacey Lynne Cope to his view of who is who. (Person who Alex was with in 1998 when she died)

I haven't watched the video yet but this graphic explains quite a bit! Thank you, I hope this info is allowed here because it makes some of the confusing family dynamic make sense now-- Stacey Lynne Cope, who died in 1998, was Lori's sister and Melani's mother. And Stacey also would have been a sister of Alex Cox too. Melani was a child still when her mother died in 1998. I wonder if Lori helped raise her after Stacey died? (my speculation only) I now believe the woman Lori wishes Happy Birthday to on Instagram is Lori's niece. Actually, I can prove it with a birth record but I won't link it because that would be sleuthing the niece... Lori gives away her date of birth when she wishes her happy birthday and the niece's birth record can easily be found now that we know her mom's name (everyone should do their own research but don't post it here because Melani is not a POI in this case). With her mom not being alive for much of her childhood, Lori may have helped raise her and felt she was her "baby girl"... That comment makes sense to me now... This also explains why Melani's ex-husband Brandon feels that Melani is in this cult with Lori. Lori may have had great influence over her niece as she was growing up. MOO.

MSM sources about Brandon and Melani and the incident of someone shooting at Brandon that may be connected to this current crazy situation:
Family of missing Idaho children say mom may have joined new husband's cult as FBI joins search
Family members say mother of missing children in Rexburg joined a dangerous cult with new husband
Lori Vallow: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Family of missing children say mother Lori Vallow 'joined cult' | Daily Mail Online

Lori's Instagram for reference: @lolo4kauai • Instagram photos and videos

Last edited:
There are so many people involved here and I keep getting confused! We need a full flow chart of all known characters!

grayscreenshotupdate.JPG Source of flow chart that is the only one I've seen is https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5tI1qduKIM (Gray Hughes, which is allowed here at WS) New info from Gardener 2 posts above this one explains more that Gray hasn't linked up as well as Gardener yet?

It's starting to make sense now (at least the relations are, not the story overall)

Last edited:
I’m quoting diggndeeperstill @diggndeeperstill from the end of the last thread (the quote won’t work properly).

Does this post mean this poster is now a verified insider?

When someone becomes a VI, their user profile is usually labeled accordingly. Not (yet) in this case.
I agree and understand. I just don’t understand why Tricia posted the quoted statement from someone that was trying to become verified yet post doesn’t comply with TOS until verified.

ETA the post I’m referring to is #876, and is unquotable.”

IMO, there’s something in that post #876 (and the original post) that needs to be followed up on. Lori’s parents may have information on the whereabouts of the kids. However, we’re not allowed to sleuth them here.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tricia. Just when I think I'm going to dial back my Websleuthing, a case like this comes along... I couldn't stop myself from sleuthing Lori and Chad and trying to find as much info on them as possible with the hope some piece of info might help find these children.
@diggndeeperstill deserves credit also for finding info early on in this case. :)

I hope this somehow has a happy ending with the kids being found alive but the more time that goes by the less likely that seems. :(
Thank you @Gardener1850 ! I agree on the hope that some bit of info leads to these kids! And I’m glad you haven’t cut back on your time here!

I’m quoting diggndeeperstill from the end of the last thread (the quote won’t work properly).

Does this post mean this poster is now a verified insider?

When someone becomes a VI, their user profile is usually labeled accordingly. Not (yet) in this case.
I agree and understand. I just don’t understand why Tricia posted the quoted statement from someone that was trying to become verified yet post doesn’t comply with TOS until verified.

ETA the post I’m referring to is #876, and is unquotable.”

IMO, there’s something in that post #876 (and the original post) that needs to be followed up on. Lori’s parents may have information on the whereabouts of the kids. However, we’re not allowed to sleuth them here.
I’m still confused as to why that quote was posted by our admin. Usually if the VI was approved it is announced on the thread. But my understanding is that since this info was posted by an admin it is completely discussable.

I will continue to shout/say— it is MOST interesting who IS and IS NOT speaking publicly about the missing people involved. Timing of when they speak is also VERY interesting. Is it when they are called out? Why was Tylee not missed until November? Did anyone speak to her on her birthday, September 24th? Have they spoken with family since November 26? You know Thanksgiving was on November 28th this year. Did all these people not plan holidays together or not call and say “Happy Thanksgiving”? Do they not worry when they don’t hear from them? Or do they know their plan, where they are or were going? And while I’m asking questions, are they paying rent? They’ve been gone at least a month, surely rent is due if they don’t own. (I think I’ll look up property ownership) Maybe if they don’t own the apartment a local reporter can track down landlord. How about utilities, are they still on? Do they all have passports? What company names are Chad and Lori associated with? While that local reporter is asking questions, go talk with the principal or superintendent or school board and ask if they withdrew to homeschool? Did they have pets? Where are the pets?

If anyone finds email addresses I’d also like to search with those, please share.

'She was 100% into the end of times': Friend recalls friendship with mother of missing kids (video)

We're hearing from a former friend of Lori's, who is remaining anonymous, about her infatuation with her new husband's beliefs. She witnessed Lori become obsessed with Chad's books, she said.

[...]

"She would fly her daughter's friend from Arizona to come see her just so that she would have a better week. I mean she's like mother of the year here," she remembered.

[...]

"She was 100% into the end of times, the end of the world and she would tell me no you really gotta start preparing for the end of the world. You gotta start getting your stuff together. She would order stuff all the time she would tell me I needed to read all these books," her friend said.

The books written by Chad were specifically a fictional series called "Standing in Holy Places." Her friend said, "Those books she got really obsessed with and she started buying me those books too. She must have gotten close to him from his books."
Also from the article:
“Her friend vividly remembers one disturbing thing Lori would allegedly say, ‘It's gonna be the end of the world and we should all just drive off a cliff and kill us and our kids and die all at the same time.’

Now, she wonders how she trusted the woman.

’I would've trusted her with my kids more than I would've trusted anybody.’” (BBM)

I’m so scared for Joshua and Tylee.

I wonder if Lori and Chad could be hiding in Washington state? I have not seen that state come yet in the discussion but some info on the new names that Grey Hughes mentioned shows some people close to Lori have possible connections in Washington*. Perhaps we need to start checking to see if Chad or Lori have acquired any land in Washington? Or even if the Daybells ever traveled to WA to speak for their religious book business. That state would not be an obvious place to check, but Chad's books reportedly reference mountains and WA state has plenty of mountains they could hide in... MOO.

*I'm being vague on purpose so as to not sleuth Lori's associates against the rules here, but hopefully some of you can follow the breadcrumbs ;)

yeah this was my understanding as well, which is why I asked where the person heard that they needed to do all of that stuff. It seems there is not much oversight in this country where homeschooling is concerned. The poster I was quoting and replying to said that the student has to have end of year testing or a teacher eval submitted to the superintendent and that just isn’t true at all.
It is dependent upon the state. Some states have virtually no regulations at all. Others, like California, do have a lot of regulations and oversight, require regular testing, curriculum approval, etc. Idaho apparently has few requirements.

I wonder if Lori and Chad could be hiding in Washington state? I have not seen that state come yet in the discussion but some info on the new names that Grey Hughes mentioned shows some people close to Lori have possible connections in Washington*. Perhaps we need to start checking to see if Chad or Lori have acquired any land in Washington? Or even if the Daybells ever traveled to WA to speak for their religious book business. That state would not be an obvious place to check, but Chad's books reportedly reference mountains and WA state has plenty of mountains they could hide in... MOO.

*I'm being vague on purpose so as to not sleuth Lori's associates against the rules here, but hopefully some of you can follow the breadcrumbs ;)
I will definitely help you look. I’ll listen to grays podcast while doing more of yesterday’s dishes. Lol.

I have read of chad speaking at a prepper conference in Morgan Utah as well. Any links there?

In regards to prepping. Do you have to have a gun license in Idaho? Would having the ability to have and acquire weapons affect where they would go?

Are tag readers available in Idaho and surrounding states? I have to think LE has a clue about where they are, surely?

Also, I have a feeling that poor Tammy wasn't too willing on joining his cult, or whatever that is. By Chad's own words, she didn't want to move to Rexburg. Do we know if Tammy participated in any of his podcasts, talks, and whatever else he was doing? Or was she just along for the ride because he was her husband?
Snipped for focus.

It was probably rather difficult for the wife who's been picking up his dirty underwear for 30 years to see him as the next Messiah. One way or another, Tammy was going to be out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28