TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidi Elizabeth Broussard, 33, of Austin, Texas, died Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019, in Houston, Texas.

Hmm.

Up to the first 24 hours after a person is deceased, a coroner can test the temperature of the liver, to give an estimated time of death, until the liver becomes the ambient temperature of the surrounding environment . After lividity and putrefaction set in, it becomes difficult to get an exact time of death, basically a rough estimate. A coroner can tell when in certain stages of putrefaction, he or she can estimate how long the persons has been deceased. In the outdoors, if a body is exposed to nature, they can tell by what insects are in the body, during certain stages of decay.

Heidi Broussard's autopsy report will give a better picture of when she was murdered. A body is released to a funeral home with a death certificate where the place of "death" was discovered, and cause of death, but nothing specific. The Funeral Home is most likely just repeating what is on the death certificate. Because this case is sealed at the moment, and the County Coroner is either sending samples to their out source labs or to the FBI, to analyze Heidi's blood work, to see if there are any medications or drugs in her system that could be used in her murder, this is one report the Travis County DA is going to keep quiet about until they build a capital case against Magen Fieramusca.

Not so much a viewing; it's a visitation. Time to visit with the family and give condolences.

"Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019, in the Johnson Funeral Home Chapel. The Rev. Doyle Evans will officiate. Interment will follow in Highland Memory Gardens. Visitation Friday will be from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. and will continue Saturday from noon until the time of service in the funeral home."

View Heidi Broussard's Obituary and express your condolences

I see, thank you!

I disagree after spending time earlier today going through Austin and Houston, try this to check it out.

Go to Inmate Search and put in her last name Fieramusca. See the charges? Now do the same with the last name of Green in Austin, or in Houston. I see nothing related to this case.View attachment 222379View attachment 222384
How does the "time in custody" search work? It says enter "cause or warrant" in the search field. I tried using names of crimes (i.e. kidnapping) which got me no results. Then I tried entering date range--again no results. When I put a particular date in there I would get results but the results didn't match the date I entered, or even the year.

I'm happy to search through individual records to see if I can find someone detained with the same charge(s) as MF but I need to know what to info to enter. Anyone?

I agree but it would not be the safest haven with cameras recording Heidi with MF, it was only a matter of time before LE accessed images & identified MF. Moo

oh thanks, I thought this was nixed and later determined the black suv was at the Houston house. So much confusion.
I'm going off of a report from late last week so if conflicting info has been reported since then I'd believe it instead. The reporting in this case has been a complete fuster IMO.

It's unlikely that the death certificate has been issued. I'm sure they are still waiting for toxicology.

A Death Certificate has been issued. Law Enforcement wouldn't release the body without a death certificate. A Death Certificate is a pretty important legal document. A Funeral Home can't have a funeral service, cremate a body in their possession without a death certificate. I doubt law enforcement will release a death certificate to the public, at this moment, it may be under seal as well.

The key report to find what happened to Heidi Broussard is the autopsy report. The prosecution's case against Heidi Broussard will have the autopsy report as the foundation for their case. The toxicology report will also be crucial. Heidi's family and Shane Carey will need a death certificate or many official copies, to close Heidi's bank account, transfer car titles, close credit cards, validate custody forms for Heidi's two surviving children, but I doubt the death certificate will be release publicly right now.

Tysm. I would think it imperative to list date of death as close to the actual date as possible for court proceedings. how can the DA claim HB’s body was in a trunk for a week if obit has a completely dif’ date?
Obituaries are just for the family & friends, not an official record. I've seen this before when cases have yet to be solved.

A Death Certificate has been issued. Law Enforcement wouldn't release the body without a death certificate. A Death Certificate is a pretty important legal document. A Funeral Home can't have a funeral service, cremate a body in their possession without a death certificate. I doubt law enforcement will release a death certificate to the public, at this moment, it may be under seal as well.

The key report to find what happened to Heidi Broussard is the autopsy report. The prosecution's case against Heidi Broussard will have the autopsy report as the foundation for their case. The toxicology report will also be crucial. Heidi's family and Shane Carey will need a death certificate or many official copies, to close Heidi's bank account, transfer car titles, close credit cards, validate custody forms for Heidi's two surviving children, but I doubt the death certificate will be release publicly right now.

Yes. I found the TX code for a pending death cert.

Pending Death Certificate
You Are Entitled to a Pending Death Certificate Within 10 Days of Death.

A final death certificate may take ninety days to obtain if the medical examiner is investigating the death of your friend or relative. However, under Section 193.003 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, the Funeral Director must give you a death certificate with the cause and manner of death marked "pending." This is called a "pending death certificate." It is an "official" death certificate.

Many of the things you need to do after a death can be done with a pending death certificate.

• You can open probate in Travis County with a pending death certificate.
  • You can apply for the Social Security death benefit with a pending death certificate.
  • Major banks will accept a pending death certificate if you have the necessary other paperwork to access funds.
  • Insurance companies may accept pending death certificates to pay out proceeds to beneficiaries.
Pending Death Certificate

No kidding! About 11 years ago someone died in a neighboring apartment (several down from mine) and we could smell the decomp even after the body was removed the day after he was shot. It was a very strong distinct scent that made me feel panicky inside. No way the neighbors did not smell it.

A month after Katrina, I drove my cousin back to New Orleans to retrieve some of his belongings from his house. We drove around various areas of the city and the stench was awful. But the smell followed us home. Turns out the undercarriage of my car/tires is what was reeking so bad. I had to find a car wash that specifically had undercarriage cleaning.

Wow.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

I feel a bit sick. They are also having a viewing. If she had been in the trunk for a week, in the sun, would that even be possible?

This isn’t good is it. I’d at least hoped she hadn’t suffered.

ETA - it could just be the date she was found as pointed out. That provides some relief. I’m still wondering about the viewing though

I think it said visitation, not viewing.

dbm found info

Last edited:
Police said during the press conference that they briefly detained someone that was outside the house the night they served search warrants. Is that the person you are referring to?
Yes, that must be it. That ws reported very early in breaking arrest story. I got impression person ws released without charge following questions, I assumed it was somebody helping with the baby that was present in her home when police called to arrest her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner