TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and the hold up is which one of them actually committed the murder act. jmo
Still trying to catch up with all this confusion. If there is a second person who helped MF or even was the one to murder HB who and why? What possibly could someone else gain from this? It makes no sense to me that there would be a second person. But then TC said it’s the most bizarre thing he could ever imagine. I honestly can’t think of who would help her (or hire her) to do this. Just thinking allowed but please be careful that we are not accusing anyone close to MF as there has yet to be a second POI named by LE.

Definitely killed in the trunk. Sadistic.

No, it just means that is where she was found. It would have been very hard to strangler while she was in the trunk.

So, place of death must just mean where she was found.

Right. That's how I took it is that it means where she was found.

Question...records are sealed due to the ongoing investigation. Do we know as fact that Travis County are the ones investigating? Any chance this is a federal investigation? If there is a second suspect and that suspect plotted this crime from another state and outside Texas would that fall under FBI jurisdiction? It would certainly explain the secrecy surrounding the case and could explain why a second suspect has not been located if they r in federal custody. JMO

Fieramusca's attorneys released a statement Thursday saying they are "proud to represent Ms. Magen Fieramusca and are anxious to review the evidence collected thus far."

The statement continued saying, "We are in the beginning stages of a very long process, but there are many questions that need to be answered. At this time, we have no information from the Travis County District Attorney's Office regarding additional charges and do not know when Ms. Fieramusca will appear in court. As with every American accused of a crime, unless the State can prove these allegations beyond any reasonable doubt, Ms. Fieramusca is innocent."
Lawyers for accused Austin mom killer: 'We're anxious to review the evidence'
Does this mean her attorney is allowed to speak out publicly?

It's unlikely that the death certificate has been issued. I'm sure they are still waiting for toxicology.

A Death Certificate has been issued. Law Enforcement wouldn't release the body without a death certificate. A Death Certificate is a pretty important legal document. A Funeral Home can't have a funeral service, cremate a body in their possession without a death certificate. I doubt law enforcement will release a death certificate to the public, at this moment, it may be under seal as well.

The key report to find what happened to Heidi Broussard is the autopsy report. The prosecution's case against Heidi Broussard will have the autopsy report as the foundation for their case. The toxicology report will also be crucial. Heidi's family and Shane Carey will need a death certificate or many official copies, to close Heidi's bank account, transfer car titles, close credit cards, validate custody forms for Heidi's two surviving children, but I doubt the death certificate will be release publicly right now.

I guess LE has priority. My dad's death was a nightmare because of this problem in Texas. We got a provisional, but the actual one, which is required for many types of insurance policies and benefits took FIVE MONTHS, and that was with us hounding them.

So sorry about your son @Wyle_E_Coyote

The Austin Police Department told KVUE a judge sealed the case on Dec. 19 and it's expected to remain under seal until at least Jan. 17. At that time, detectives can request the seal be renewed for another 30 days.

That means the documents related to the case, including details of what exactly may have unfolded leading up to Broussard's killing, are not available to the public.
Magen Fieramusca set to make first court appearance on Jan. 2

Question...records are sealed due to the ongoing investigation. Do we know as fact that Travis County are the ones investigating? Any chance this is a federal investigation? If there is a second suspect and that suspect plotted this crime from another state and outside Texas would that fall under FBI jurisdiction? It would certainly explain the secrecy surrounding the case and could explain why a second suspect has not been located if they r in federal custody. JMO

It's a good question. Some notes about kidnapping: 1034. Kidnapping—Federal Jurisdiction

Case Status
Case Num: ML19-4432
Last Name: BROUSSARD
First Name: HEIDI
NOK Relationship: PARENTS
Certificate of Death*: Ready
Cause of Death Pending: No
Certificate of Death Amendment: N/A
EDR 44444625215
Manner of Death: Homicide
Place of Death: TRUNK OF VEHICLE HOUSTON TX
Report Completed: No
Ready for Transport: Transported
Primary Cause of Death: Ligature strangulation

(BBM)
Wow, that's fast! especially over the holidays. Do you think they expedited toxicology?

I guess LE has priority. My dad's death was a nightmare because of this problem in Texas. We got a provisional, but the actual one, which is required for many types of insurance policies and benefits took FIVE MONTHS, and that was with us hounding them.

So sorry about your son @Wyle_E_Coyote
@UnderstandBlue Thank you. You have my sympathies on the loss of your father. It's terrible to lose someone.

Wow, that's fast! especially over the holidays. Do you think they expedited toxicology?
I don't think toxicology would be that fast. I think what it means is they know primary cause of death was ligature strangulation and even if Heidi was sedated/drugged it still wouldn't alter the cause of death, but would be a contributory piece of evidence towards how the crime occurred, that doesn't need to go on the death certificate. So it would be an additional medical finding, rather than cause of death. MOO.

I wish they displayed a listing of every inmate (& his/her arresting charge) booked into the jail on a particular date. My county jail’s website does this and it’s amazing.
The Harris County Texas Jail has between 8500 and 8700 inmates at any given time. It is one of the largest jails in the country. There are hundreds of inmates booked in each day and hundreds released.

Wice says a trial on the aforementioned charges may take place locally.

“In my estimation, she could be tried in Harris County for either or both crimes. Why? Because the court of criminal procedures says that in a kidnapping case, the defendant may be tried where the victim is abducted, where the victim was found, or any county in which the victim was taken,” Wice said.

Once murder charges are ultimately filed in the case, Wice says the county where the murder took place should be the venue for a murder trial.
What’s next for woman accused in the kidnapping of Austin mom, baby? Legal analyst weighs in

DEC 26, 2019
Funeral for strangled mom Heidi Broussard set as attorneys for suspect speak out
[…]

Investigators are attempting to determine if Fieramusca kidnapped Broussard and her daughter in a plot to keep the baby as her own, an official briefed on the probe told ABC News.

Murder charges are pending the outcome of the investigation, officials said.

[…]

Fieramusca had allegedly been acting like she was pregnant and telling people that she was expecting a child, an official briefed on the probe told ABC News. Authorities are now trying to determine whether she was, in fact, pregnant, the official said.

Baby registries allegedly connected to the Fieramusca were found online indicating her due date was Dec. 1, the official said.

[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member