Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to wonder if Chad and Lori actually talked to the Lawyer or if one of Chad's children( they are supposedly in touch with his child/or children) talked for "them.".....moo
I thought this as well bc they used “was” a loving husband (meaning to Tammy) but maybe uncomfortable with him being a new husband to someone else.

Per the youtube show, Alex would do anything for money.
Can you help us think of some "logical reasons" that Tylee is being hidden by Lori? I understand wanting to believe she is alive but why would she need to be hidden from the FBI? And why hide from family members too? Even Tylee's older brother says he doesn't know where Tylee and JJ are... how does someone keep a teenager from contacting her best friends and closest family members? What reasons would a teen agree to that? Wherever Tylee is she has been deprived of her freedom at the very least-- freedom to communicate with the outside world and freedom to leave when she chooses to. She doesn't have her car and probably doesn't have her phone or other devices. Can you help us figure out some places that Lori could be hiding Tylee for several months and Tylee wouldn't try to contact even her closest friends and family members? And what about JJ? He needs his medicine. How would Lori keep him quiet and calm and safe at the same time if he doesn't have his required medicine? Or do you only think Tylee is being hidden and maybe some accident happened to JJ? Please share your theories with us.
I honestly don't know! All I'm saying is that my daughter can't process any of this. I was trying to explain why she sounds less concerned. If Tylee was missing due to a stranger abduction, she would be inconsolable and devastated, but because the detective told her "Lori isn't telling us where she is" that is why she is not too upset. In her mind, Tylee must be fine somewhere. Vaisia has speculated that maybe Tylee has adopted the beliefs of her mom. She loves her mom and her aunt and both are into these beliefs. Possibly Tylee is watching JJ who is hidden somewhere, to keep him from being taken away by Charles' family??

Per the youtube show, Alex would do anything for money.
Can you help us think of some "logical reasons" that Tylee is being hidden by Lori? I understand wanting to believe she is alive but why would she need to be hidden from the FBI? And why hide from family members too? Even Tylee's older brother says he doesn't know where Tylee and JJ are... how does someone keep a teenager from contacting her best friends and closest family members? What reasons would a teen agree to that? Wherever Tylee is she has been deprived of her freedom at the very least-- freedom to communicate with the outside world and freedom to leave when she chooses to. She doesn't have her car and probably doesn't have her phone or other devices. Can you help us figure out some places that Lori could be hiding Tylee for several months and Tylee wouldn't try to contact even her closest friends and family members? And what about JJ? He needs his medicine. How would Lori keep him quiet and calm and safe at the same time if he doesn't have his required medicine? Or do you only think Tylee is being hidden and maybe some accident happened to JJ? Please share your theories with us.
I honestly don't know! All I'm saying is that my daughter can't process any of this. I was trying to explain why she sounds less concerned. If Tylee was missing due to a stranger abduction, she would be inconsolable and devastated, but because the detective told her "Lori isn't telling us where she is" that is why she is not too upset. In her mind, Tylee must be fine somewhere. Vaisia has speculated that maybe Tylee has adopted the beliefs of her mom. She loves her mom and her aunt and both are into these beliefs. Possibly Tylee is watching JJ who is hidden somewhere, to keep him from being taken away by Charles' family??

I am beginning to wonder if Chad and Lori actually talked to the Lawyer or if one of Chad's children( they are supposedly in touch with his child/or children) talked for "them.".....moo
I thought this as well bc they used “was” a loving husband (meaning to Tammy) but maybe uncomfortable with him being a new husband to someone else.
So my daughter is the one interviewed in this story. I know it sounds like she's not that concerned about Tylee being mi

So my daughter Vaisia is the one interviewed here, and I know it seems like she isn't too concerned. The reason is that a couple weeks before the story became news, my daughter was pulled out of class and questioned by a detective about Tylee and was told that Lori wasn't telling where she was. My daughter knows and loves Lori and knew Tylee wasn't missing because of a stranger abduction or anything. She cannot consider that Lori would harm Tylee or JJ so if Lori is responsible for Tylee being missing, then Tylee must be ok and there must be some logical reason for Lori hiding her.
Hi and thanks for sharing with us. Since you knew Lori when she had already read Chad’s books (or at least I think), did she discuss how she felt about the books? Was she already doing shows with him? What was her opinion of him?
Also, how was Tylee’s relationship with JJ? Do you think she was protective of him? Would you describe Tylee’s relationship with her mom to be typical or did Tylee seem in awe of her mother?

I’m unclear on the YouTube show. Who is that Gray guy and how does he know the family and so much about them? I’m afraid to listen to it in case it all is unsubstantiated, because I get terribly distracted!
Gray Hughes is the only You tuber allowed as a source for discussion on Websleuths. He is an experienced crime sleuther and member here but his stuff may still be opinion or hearsay depending who he talks to. He does often get access to the families that others do not get. MOO

I’m unclear on the YouTube show. Who is that Gray guy and how does he know the family and so much about them? I’m afraid to listen to it in case it all is unsubstantiated, because I get terribly distracted!

Gray Hughes is a youtube personality and a member on Websleuths, He is one of the few youtubers we are usually allowed to listen to and discuss on cases here. He often interviews family members of missing person cases on his show. The first videos I remember him doing were videos for the Delphi case (Libby and Abby, murdered in Delphi, IN). Most other random youtube commenters are not allowed here but Grey's videos have been allowed. I haven't listen to very many of Grey's videos because I usually can't find the time to listen to/watch long videos uninterrupted and I don't have the patience. Being a youtube star apparently requires a lot of bantering with followers over inside jokes. I just want the facts usually and want to hear what the person being interviewed says about the case. I appreciate those who have listened and summarized and I think we can take much of what is said to be true to the person reporting it-- we should probably treat it the same as we treat info from verified insiders here. We can respectfully decide if we think it's true or not. Some things may be based on opinion of those close to the case players. Some info we may have to take with a grain of salt or look to verify because even family members of the case players can be mistaken OR have bad info because they have been lied to. MOO.

I haven't picked up on one thing, if it is true, in other stories. That is "repeatedly lied." I thought all the stories prior to this said the police came by on one day near the end of November, they lied then, and were gone when the police came back.
So far that is what we were told but I get the impression that we are going to find out that law enforcement has been in contact with Lori and Chad on more than that one occasion.

Interesting theory.

Do you see any connection in what you see to people effectively 'wiping' out their past and past relationships either by 'murder' or less violently by 'ghosting'?

When you look at the GH 'org chart' the number of suspicious circumstances that surround the people in Lori and Chad's lives is quite stunning IMO. I'm trying to see if perhaps this 'reinvention of personal history' might somehow be part of the Chad message in some way? The idea that others could buy in to this sick concept (if it exists of course) on a larger scale is beyond frightening and of great concern for the personal safety for family and friends and ex's of anyone associated with this 'cult'.

Does anyone know how large this group of Chad followers might be?

MOO

I found a link that still works for Part 2 of Chad's talk about his vision for the end times. I transcribed a small portion below in case they were deleted.
07 Time To Warrior Up With Chad Daybell - Pt2 Preparing A People Podcast Network podcast

They talk about training youth to fight in an actual war.

Podcast 7: min 30:30

Jason: Look into the eyes of some of these kids, you will see the same predator mentality. And what we need to do is to grasp on to that and encourage that, because they are going to save us. And if we don’t rise to the occasion as their parents, as their mentors, as their teachers, we are going to be held accountable for that. That is why we are here. If we believe in this plan then this is going to happen, there is going to be troubles and turmoils, we’ve been told this since adam. Then there is going to be a time when the youth is going to rise up and prepare this land. Which mean it has to be purged. So if there are bad things here, like what Joshua was told ‘purge this land’ make this a holy place. It’s going to have to be purged, however that happens, then they’re going to have to do it, because I’m too old and broken to do it. You know, cuz I’m too old and broken to do it. You know? They’re going to have to do it.

Chad: I want to testify how I first felt your mission would come to pass. We met in July (2018) and became friends but when i was at the St. George Preparing a People event, as I gave my talk you were in a side room as you recall, and you came out and the spirit just hammered me and said ‘that man will lead thousands’

Jason: I remember you saying that, that scared me to death.

Chad: And I know you weren’t happy I said that but it was accurate. The spirit just meant, it was meant to be said, because you do have an amazing role and you will lead these young men because you do have a clear vision of what needs to be taught to them both physically and spiritually.

Jason: Its a burden

Chad: it is a burden, but I’’ve seen that you succeed at it and you will play an amazing role in helping preserve our nation. You’ve served so well already in our countries forces and now you will lead a whole new force and it will begin this way, with the Warrior Ethos as the young men get prepared, at the right time you will be able help to prepare them militarily, but as we mentioned that’s not really the crucial point, if they’re spritiually ready

Gray Hughes is the only You tuber allowed as a source for discussion on Websleuths. He is an experienced crime sleuther and member here but his stuff may still be opinion or hearsay depending who he talks to. He does often get access to the families that others do not get. MOO

And he has been very accurate in past cases. His crime scene recreation videos are amazing.

I'm not sure @diggndeeperstill. Melani's husband Brandon has accused her of trying to have him killed by Alex, does that mean she is sleuth able? Where is she? Is she missing also?

She, Melani, niece of Lori( ????and possibly Daughter to Stacey???) divorced Brandon in November 2019. She was Stacey Lynn Cox originally, then on Nov 18 1986 listed as Stacey Lynn Cope in May 1998)

She has recently since divorce from Brandon in November remarried to another "member of the cult" in November, per Gray Hughes videos. She is now AWOL. Per Gray interviews with Larry, Kay and others.

Lori's maiden name = Cox
Alex Cox is Lori's brother = Cox
Stacy Lynn is Lori and Alex's sister = Cox

Source of info: https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR0lVLRA0cE and go to about 1 hour 18 minutes, but there are others that you would need to listen to get all of it.

Still trying to figure that relationship out.

Last edited:
Ok bringing forward Gardener's link that mentions past tense. This has the lawyer statement and another statement that mentions past tense.

From JJ grandmother,

“He’s a beautiful, intelligent 7 y/o with the biggest heart, most beautiful smile & has life challenges of a level 2 boy on the Autism spectrum. Early intervention allowed him to flourish beyond all expectations. Lori was a wonderful, loving, attentive mother. Things started changing over the past 18+ months when Lori began spending all her time with a new religious group, that we refer to as a ‘cult.'”

Was a wonderful loving attentive mother?

So the lawyer said "was", the grandmother said "was" (and another publication said "was" a good author but I cannot find that last one now.)
She was a good and attentive mother. She got JJ early intervention and helped him be set up for the most successful childhood he could have. But things changed starting 18 months ago or so and now she is not a good mother anymore.

No matter how someone used to behave with their kids, there is no definition of a good and loving mother that would allow for the children (one with additional needs, none the less) to go missing 3 months ago and not be reported missing. If anyone thinks Lori is still a good mom, I can’t imagine why.

So far that is what we were told but I get the impression that we are going to find out that law enforcement has been in contact with Lori and Chad on more than that one occasion.

I suppose that's possible. Obviously LE isn't going to tell the media every detail of every person they talk to. What they've made public is enough to make the case for the concern they have and to ask people to be on the lookout for them. Moo

It appears the LDS church has 'stats' on older widows in their broader community. According to LDS website it does make a difference whether a marriage is civil or 'sealed' in a temple. Civil marriages end in death of partner.

I haven't been able to find stats from LDS sources about remarriage among younger widows/widowers.

But here is one story of a 'blended LDS family' from the official LDS website: Remarriage: An Adventure in Patience and Love

Another story of young widows and widowers: Young Widows and Widowers Open Up About Dating, Remarrying in the Church | LDS Living

So Much to Live For

Quotes from article about LDS widowed members over 55 yo:

Probably there are few Latter-day Saints who do not have regular contact with one or more elderly widows and widowers. Among the nearly 4.5 million Church members in the United States and Canada, for example, there are approximately 80,000 widows and more than 13,000 widowers over age fifty-five. [BBM - Lori wouldn't have been in this age bracket] Information furnished by a representative group of these members paints an interesting picture.

Naturally, the proportion of widows and widowers among Church members increases with age, though men are more likely than women to have a living spouse when they are older. Of LDS men in the 65–74 age group, 5 percent are widowers, while 26 percent of women in the same age group are widows. Among those 75 and older, 52 percent of the women are widows while a little less than 19 percent of the men are widowers.

Only about 17 percent of widowed LDS women and men over the age of fifty-five are in the work force. But the widowed men and women are far more likely than married members—26 percent as compared to 5 percent—to be living below poverty guidelines set by the U. S. government. Furthermore, the widowed women are more than twice as likely as the married women (48 percent compared to 23 percent) to have health problems.

Faith remains a strong force in the life of older Latter-day Saints who have lost their companions. Attendance at Church meetings may be more difficult for those who live alone and are in poor health or without transportation. Nevertheless, 83 percent of the widowers and 88 percent of the widows surveyed say their beliefs are very important to them; those figures match the percentages for older married men and women. High percentages of the widows and widowers also report that they pray personally every day, or several times a week, and that they pay a full tithing. Nearly half of the older widows and widowers report that they attend Church meetings weekly; about a third of the women and a fourth of the men report that they have callings.

Obviously, widowed older members have much to offer in the way of faith and experience, but many of them also have special challenges in their lives.

So early 50's widowed LDS are unusual is what I take from this, but MOO.

The last time I personally was in contact with Chad was probably Tammy's funeral, and for some family members about a week after remarrying (I heard about him marrying Lori exactly 2 weeks after Tammy's funeral). He included nothing about kids and said he would never visit the family in Utah or something like that. We were all pretty upset by that, because it felt disrespectful to Tammy's memory to instantly detach from the family. At the time he was in Hawaii and apparently told his parents they were free to visit, though I don't know if they did. No one knew he planned to remarry, and we were all in disbelief at the fact that he would remarry 2 weeks after Tammy's death. (I wanted to add: this marriage, if actually officiated, must have been a civil marriage. Getting a temple marriage for your first marriage is enough of a process as it is, let alone this being a 2nd or 5th/6th marriage.)

The kids seem to in large part be defending their father, not his actions. They've been hooked up with a lawyer by Chad (I assume the same one as him, I don't know though) and have gone deleting social media posts and blocking family members on social media. I personally evaded the ban hammer from all but 1 of them, so I've seen most of their Facebook feeds and what relates (and more importantly what doesn't) to recent discoveries. It at first sounded like they were upset that people would suggest their dad could have anything to do with the missing kids, and one cousin-in-law of mine is recounted as saying "Blocking all the two-faced people right now" just before blocking the entire Douglas side of the family. But now they're mostly silent, sending maybe an image with text indirectly suggesting that the truth isn't always out there to see.
Hi and thank you so much for sharing! You mentioned while he was in Hawaii a week after her death that he did not want communication with your side of the family anymore—did someone talk to him on the phone or was it a text or email?As far as his current communication with his side of the family—are you certain it is him communicating with them and not someone on his behalf?

Does anyone who knows the family on here know if Alex was into drugs? The foaming at the mouth can be heroine—at least I heard this before. If he was getting paid to off people like someone on the Gray Youtube video said, it is possible he had so much money that he bought too many drugs and overdosed?On that youtube video the anonymous texter said that he would do anything for money? Why? Makes me think he was into drugs. MOO.
As far as Alex beating up Joe Ryan at the courthouse—does anyone have proof? Maybe an arrest record?
I wonder what vehicle he used to dispose of the dogs in a desert and if that car has gps so they can look in that spot for other “things”—don’t want to say what I am thinking bc it is awful. MOO

I found a link that still works for Part 2 of Chad's talk about his vision for the end times. I transcribed a small portion below in case they were deleted.
07 Time To Warrior Up With Chad Daybell - Pt2 Preparing A People Podcast Network podcast

Jason: Look into the eyes of some of these kids, you will see the same predator mentality. And what we need to do is to grasp on to that and encourage that, because they are going to save us. And if we don’t rise to the occasion as their parents, as their mentors, as their teachers, we are going to be held accountable for that. That is why we are here. If we believe in this plan then this is going to happen, there is going to be troubles and turmoils, we’ve been told this since adam. Then there is going to be a time when the youth is going to rise up and prepare this land. Which mean it has to be purged. So if there are bad things here, like what Joshua was told ‘purge this land’ make this a holy place. It’s going to have to be purged, however that happens, then they’re going to have to do it, because I’m too old and broken to do it. You know, cuz I’m too old and broken to do it. You know? They’re going to have to do it.

Chad: I want to testify how I first felt your mission would come to pass. We met in July (2018) and became friends but when i was at the St. George Preparing a People event, as I gave my talk you were in a side room as you recall, and you came out and the spirit just hammered me and said ‘that man will lead thousands’

Chad: And I know you weren’t happy I said that but it was accurate. The spirit just meant, it was meant to be said, because you do have an amazing role and you will lead these young men because you do have a clear vision of what needs to be taught to them both physically and spiritually.

Chad: it is a burden, but I’’ve seen that you succeed at it and you will play an amazing role in helping preserve our nation. You’ve served so well already in our countries forces and now you will lead a whole new force and it will begin this way, with the Warrior Ethos as the young men get prepared, at the right time you will be able help to prepare them militarily, but as we mentioned that’s not really the crucial point, if they’re spritiually ready

You can see it in their eyes, talk of a purge. That's flat scary. JMO.

Thanks to you and the others who clarified this info for me. I’m trying to decide if I should listen. I *want* to but know I will start with this case and end up wasting days on his shows for other cases as well! I have no self control!

Anyone else getting "Jim Jones/ David Koresh wantabee vibes" off this Chad guy ?.....moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member