Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

It's just been featured on the BBC lunchtime news .

Some solace in a very small way , that part of the agony of not knowing is over .
Heartbreaking for Lucy , the children and all of the family . His friends , too , who were with him must be utterly devastated .
RIP Anthony .

Sad but not unexpected news. I didn't think he was in the water (even though it's the typical outcome in these cases) but if he was it was obvious they had to locate him before he reached the sea. Denton Island is about a mile away from the English Channel, glad they found him and he wasn't lost forever.

Last edited:
If Anthony turned left onto the high street and walked towards the river, this is the footbridge he would have come to. Doesn't look particularly low or dangerous but I can't walk over over it on streetview to look properly, what do locals think?

upload_2020-1-10_14-12-59.png

If Anthony turned left onto the high street and walked towards the river, this is the footbridge he would have come to. Doesn't look particularly low or dangerous but I can't walk over over it on streetview to look properly, what do locals think?

View attachment 225000
I’m not sure we will ever get any answers now as I would imagine the police will stop investigating unless something untoward shows up in the post mortem. It does not look likely that you could unintentionally enter the water at that bridge. It’s so sad and I always hope, no matter how unlikely, people turn up unharmed.

View attachment 225000

It's not really low or dangerous at all (hence it's open I guess) - It's the main walkway between the Tesco car park and the centre of town - I've walked over it many a time and never thought of it as dangerous or been concerned. Having said that I've not walked over it in the dark or when I've been drunk, but even so, I don't think you would ever stumble into it and go over, no way.

I suppose it would be possible to go over it if you wanted to/were trying to.

I asked the mods to change the header...."found deceased". For every one of this lovely people who go missing and finally found, it always makes me so sad. But then again....grab some luck...sounds silly but also a kind of glad he is found....the not knowing (for some of us for decades) is so very devastating...

I asked the mods to change the header...."found deceased". For every one of this lovely people who go missing and finally found, it always makes me so sad. But then again....grab some luck...sounds silly but also a kind of glad he is found....the not knowing (for some of us for decades) is so very devastating...

Thank you for that!! It'll be so heartbreaking seeing the header change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back